Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Old players nostalgia thread.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Back in my day, there were far less genes than there are now.

Nocturnes and Bogsneaks didn't exist.

First NotN happened and it was a lag nightmare. Everything was laggy and most chests gave out nothing but junk. Also, before then, the bears were worth something.

Far less color options.

Baldwin didn't exist.

Then he did and he was a Pearlcatcher.

Coli was inconsistent and hardly functioned on mobile.

Fairgrounds for profit hardly existed... then G&G happened.

Plague won dom more.

No dressing room.

Everytime your auction was bought, you got a PM that you had to open up and get the money from.

Also, everytime your auctions expired, you got flooded with PMs telling you they expired. One PM for. Every. Single. Listing.

Having a vista almost always meant you were staff, a beta tester, or KS backer.

There was one day where a bug allowed everyone free rein to post threads on the Announcements board. For a few hours, the whole front page of the site was composed of spam of people wanting to have their 5 seconds of fame on the front page.
Back in my day, there were far less genes than there are now.

Nocturnes and Bogsneaks didn't exist.

First NotN happened and it was a lag nightmare. Everything was laggy and most chests gave out nothing but junk. Also, before then, the bears were worth something.

Far less color options.

Baldwin didn't exist.

Then he did and he was a Pearlcatcher.

Coli was inconsistent and hardly functioned on mobile.

Fairgrounds for profit hardly existed... then G&G happened.

Plague won dom more.

No dressing room.

Everytime your auction was bought, you got a PM that you had to open up and get the money from.

Also, everytime your auctions expired, you got flooded with PMs telling you they expired. One PM for. Every. Single. Listing.

Having a vista almost always meant you were staff, a beta tester, or KS backer.

There was one day where a bug allowed everyone free rein to post threads on the Announcements board. For a few hours, the whole front page of the site was composed of spam of people wanting to have their 5 seconds of fame on the front page.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
The very first Brightshine, where nobody had any idea what they were doing. Even the few festivals following that, there was still a learning curve as folks trained their teams up.

Breeding groups for specific styles of dragon (eye burners, brightwing, snowbelly, etc.) -- I think these are still around but I don't see nearly as much of them as I used to.

The chaos following the release of Skydancers.

Auctions like this, including: A fairly mundane imp with only two genes going for 600kT. Having to put downtime provisions.

Things that haven't changed: getting wegged.
The very first Brightshine, where nobody had any idea what they were doing. Even the few festivals following that, there was still a learning curve as folks trained their teams up.

Breeding groups for specific styles of dragon (eye burners, brightwing, snowbelly, etc.) -- I think these are still around but I don't see nearly as much of them as I used to.

The chaos following the release of Skydancers.

Auctions like this, including: A fairly mundane imp with only two genes going for 600kT. Having to put downtime provisions.

Things that haven't changed: getting wegged.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

@Peixes - Your auction thread is a blast from the past. I love the comment about extending the auction if there was significant downtime. It was common enough that you had it in your auction rules. =D

And I remember doing those shared nests and hoping there was an even number of eggs to make the split easier. And having to decide who would get to choose first. =D
@Peixes - Your auction thread is a blast from the past. I love the comment about extending the auction if there was significant downtime. It was common enough that you had it in your auction rules. =D

And I remember doing those shared nests and hoping there was an even number of eggs to make the split easier. And having to decide who would get to choose first. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
the hype surrounding baldwin's transformation, as well as the color wheel expansion, was unreal. iirc the baldwin thread reached 200 pages in like 4 days.
the hype surrounding baldwin's transformation, as well as the color wheel expansion, was unreal. iirc the baldwin thread reached 200 pages in like 4 days.
iO2X60T.png
i remember being a new player and selling a double ice g1 for 50 gems and being Thrilled because it was enough to buy a new egg with.

//wheezes at eggs costing 315g each these days
i remember being a new player and selling a double ice g1 for 50 gems and being Thrilled because it was enough to buy a new egg with.

//wheezes at eggs costing 315g each these days
The scary server reset of 2013 when everything reset back to the day before. Dragons unborn, listing unsold, eggs unfound. Forum posts eaten.

*shudders*
The scary server reset of 2013 when everything reset back to the day before. Dragons unborn, listing unsold, eggs unfound. Forum posts eaten.

*shudders*
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
[quote name="@DetectivePopcorn" date="2019-05-21 13:36:07" ] The scary server reset of 2013 when everything reset back to the day before. Dragons unborn, listing unsold, eggs unfound. Forum posts eaten. *shudders* [/quote] Oh yikes, FR had one of those? ChickenSmoothie had a day like that too, it was a nightmare! D: I'm not SUPER old but I remember when Baldwin was a PC, when you had to trade 1 t to get a dragon via the crossroads, before bogsneaks and the color expansion... I think ghostlight ruins had just come out!
@DetectivePopcorn wrote on 2019-05-21 13:36:07:

*shudders*
Oh yikes, FR had one of those? ChickenSmoothie had a day like that too, it was a nightmare! D:

I'm not SUPER old but I remember when Baldwin was a PC, when you had to trade 1 t to get a dragon via the crossroads, before bogsneaks and the color expansion... I think ghostlight ruins had just come out!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="Maivi" date="2019-05-21 12:21:01" ] [quote name="Zavyt" date="2019-05-21 12:18:00" ] The nostalgia is overwhelming. Anyone got a pic of the old AH or something to top it all off? [/quote] [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/0/0d/Auction_house.png[/img] (From https://flightrising.fandom.com/wiki/Auction_House) ----- Edit: I remember when regular users didn't have forum vistas, only Beta players, mods, devs, or people who won contests got them. And I remember when the devs introduced the MVP plus vista. [/quote] Oh man that takes me back! I remember I never had space in my inbox because of auction house purchases. I had the max. Number at all times because the coli worked so poorly I had to buy all my food lol
Maivi wrote on 2019-05-21 12:21:01:
Zavyt wrote on 2019-05-21 12:18:00:
The nostalgia is overwhelming. Anyone got a pic of the old AH or something to top it all off?

Auction_house.png
(From https://flightrising.fandom.com/wiki/Auction_House)

Edit: I remember when regular users didn't have forum vistas, only Beta players, mods, devs, or people who won contests got them. And I remember when the devs introduced the MVP plus vista.

Oh man that takes me back! I remember I never had space in my inbox because of auction house purchases. I had the max. Number at all times because the coli worked so poorly I had to buy all my food lol
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
@ImpossibleJedi4 I was an avid RPer back then so it sucked for eating RP posts. Other than that I was fine. Some people bred their dream dragon and lost it tho.
@ImpossibleJedi4 I was an avid RPer back then so it sucked for eating RP posts. Other than that I was fine. Some people bred their dream dragon and lost it tho.
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
[quote name="Before" date="2019-05-21 11:06:46" ] When I joined, Skydancers had just come out and they were pretty expensive. In fact, Wildclaw scrolls could be bought for cheaper than Skydancer scrolls could, even if you caught one in the MP. Imperials were ridiculous. If you had one, you were rich. If you had two, you were super rich. If you had ten and refused to sell any, you were deemed greedy. And because Imperials were so expensive and Wildclaws were so cheap, it was standard practice to have Imperial/Wildclaw pairs for the $$$. And exalt fodder wasn't a standard thing yet. I remember seeing a topic where someone freaked out about a Basic/Basic/Basic Spiral getting exalted. Because at that point, you were losing money if you did that. [/quote] Haha, I remember that. I sold my first Imp hatchlings for like, one or two mil each easy. I will forever be kicking myself for not buying more than one light sprite, but the site was [i]so. damn. slow[/i] you guys. It took a few minutes to load a single page, and the server connection was super choppy some days. I also remember that the economy pretty much came to a standstill for a few months after they announced the skydancer breed. Everybody was saving money to buy up the scrolls, and ever since then, the staff has never announced a new breed that far out like that again lol.
Before wrote on 2019-05-21 11:06:46:
When I joined, Skydancers had just come out and they were pretty expensive. In fact, Wildclaw scrolls could be bought for cheaper than Skydancer scrolls could, even if you caught one in the MP.

Imperials were ridiculous. If you had one, you were rich. If you had two, you were super rich. If you had ten and refused to sell any, you were deemed greedy. And because Imperials were so expensive and Wildclaws were so cheap, it was standard practice to have Imperial/Wildclaw pairs for the $$$.

And exalt fodder wasn't a standard thing yet. I remember seeing a topic where someone freaked out about a Basic/Basic/Basic Spiral getting exalted. Because at that point, you were losing money if you did that.

Haha, I remember that. I sold my first Imp hatchlings for like, one or two mil each easy. I will forever be kicking myself for not buying more than one light sprite, but the site was so. damn. slow you guys. It took a few minutes to load a single page, and the server connection was super choppy some days.

I also remember that the economy pretty much came to a standstill for a few months after they announced the skydancer breed. Everybody was saving money to buy up the scrolls, and ever since then, the staff has never announced a new breed that far out like that again lol.
ybwf4f9.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7