Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [WC 2019] Letters from the Exalted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This is so cute! Please may I be added for the pinglist? Don't wanna miss Arcane's letter ^_^
This is so cute! Please may I be added for the pinglist? Don't wanna miss Arcane's letter ^_^
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
I'm about to start a Pythas fanclub I love him sm
I'm about to start a Pythas fanclub I love him sm
ttGfSL1.png
I completely forgot about this but could I be added to the pinglist?
I completely forgot about this but could I be added to the pinglist?
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
Could i please be added to the pinglist?
Could i please be added to the pinglist?
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Y6z1RzA.png[/img][font=Book Antiqua][size=5][size=5][size=5][color=Turquoise][b][u]~Lightning~[/u][/b][/color][/size][/font][img]https://i.imgur.com/Y6z1RzA.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=17&breed=9&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=89&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=76&auth=3ea4803d9b77d24a26a16fd47a18b90ea66fcd32&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center][color=Turquoise]Greetings, everyone! I hope you’re all doing well. My name is Zapp Metallica, and I’m a repairdragon for the [i]Stormy Ego[/i], one of the few steamships in the Wavecrest Expedition fleet. Like every other dragon traveling with the expedition, I’m also an Exalt serving under the Tidelord. Or was, until he up and disappeared one day. Which is why we’re sailing out into the unknown world to go find him. To be honest, this wasn’t what I was expecting when I first became an Exalt. I chose to exalt myself to Water because as much as I love Lightning and the Stormcatcher, I couldn’t see myself working in such a stressful environment for the rest of my life. (Sorry Bossman!) Instead I went to Water, since it was right next door to Lightning territory and had a reputation for being much more relaxed. And it was! Right up until the whole Bounty of the Elements thing happened and Tidelord went missing. Since then we Water Exalts have been working overtime, making prophecies, doubling down on patrols, and sending out search parties for our missing deity. This expedition is our biggest one yet, and everyone’s been working hard to make sure it goes smoothly. I ended up joining the expedition because they needed volunteers to fill out the crews, and while I dislike stressful work environments, I hate sitting around doing nothing when everyone else around me is so busy. I signed up as a repairdragon for the [i]Stormy Ego[/i] because ever since I was a hatchling, I’ve loved tinkering around with tools and pieces of scrap metal, and as an Exalt I’ve done various infrastructure repairs around the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Since there aren’t that many steamships in Water and fewer dragons who know how to repair them, I figured my skills would be needed there more than anywhere else. I’m glad to see a bunch of Lightning dragons join us on our expedition! I love chatting with the new Exalts and catching up on everything that’s happened in the Shifting Expanse since I left. I’m also glad to see a bunch of them join the repair crews - Lightning dragons are hard workers and used to working with machines of varying quality, so they pick up the ins and outs of repair work quickly. Some Lightning dragons use their magic to power electrical lamps or kitchen appliances on the few ships that have them, while others fly around the fleet during thunderstorms and safely redirect any lightning bolts away from the ships. Whatever job they have onboard, all of the Exalts coming in from Lightning are appreciated for helping out. That’s all I have to say for now. Bye everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Wavecrest Saturnalia. Sincerely, Zapp Metallica[/color][/center]
Y6z1RzA.png~Lightning~Y6z1RzA.png

dragon?age=1&body=146&bodygene=17&breed=9&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=89&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=76&auth=3ea4803d9b77d24a26a16fd47a18b90ea66fcd32&dummyext=prev.png
Greetings, everyone! I hope you’re all doing well. My name is Zapp Metallica, and I’m a repairdragon for the Stormy Ego, one of the few steamships in the Wavecrest Expedition fleet. Like every other dragon traveling with the expedition, I’m also an Exalt serving under the Tidelord. Or was, until he up and disappeared one day. Which is why we’re sailing out into the unknown world to go find him. To be honest, this wasn’t what I was expecting when I first became an Exalt. I chose to exalt myself to Water because as much as I love Lightning and the Stormcatcher, I couldn’t see myself working in such a stressful environment for the rest of my life. (Sorry Bossman!) Instead I went to Water, since it was right next door to Lightning territory and had a reputation for being much more relaxed. And it was! Right up until the whole Bounty of the Elements thing happened and Tidelord went missing. Since then we Water Exalts have been working overtime, making prophecies, doubling down on patrols, and sending out search parties for our missing deity. This expedition is our biggest one yet, and everyone’s been working hard to make sure it goes smoothly.

I ended up joining the expedition because they needed volunteers to fill out the crews, and while I dislike stressful work environments, I hate sitting around doing nothing when everyone else around me is so busy. I signed up as a repairdragon for the Stormy Ego because ever since I was a hatchling, I’ve loved tinkering around with tools and pieces of scrap metal, and as an Exalt I’ve done various infrastructure repairs around the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Since there aren’t that many steamships in Water and fewer dragons who know how to repair them, I figured my skills would be needed there more than anywhere else.

I’m glad to see a bunch of Lightning dragons join us on our expedition! I love chatting with the new Exalts and catching up on everything that’s happened in the Shifting Expanse since I left. I’m also glad to see a bunch of them join the repair crews - Lightning dragons are hard workers and used to working with machines of varying quality, so they pick up the ins and outs of repair work quickly. Some Lightning dragons use their magic to power electrical lamps or kitchen appliances on the few ships that have them, while others fly around the fleet during thunderstorms and safely redirect any lightning bolts away from the ships. Whatever job they have onboard, all of the Exalts coming in from Lightning are appreciated for helping out.

That’s all I have to say for now. Bye everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Wavecrest Saturnalia.

Sincerely,
Zapp Metallica
Na5WGHa.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Sjgcxqi.png[/img][font=Book Antiqua][size=5][size=5][size=5][color=D801CE][b][u]~Arcane~[/u][/b][/color][/size][/font][img]https://i.imgur.com/Sjgcxqi.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=24&breed=14&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=170&tertgene=14&winggene=8&wings=165&auth=bd018108e4b0f7fade1cda5b52a4e34265eb0a6a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center][color=D801CE]Hey y’all! I’m Astris Galaxica, formerly of the Starfall Isles, currently of the Tidelord’s Exalts and the Wavecrest Expedition to find Him. I’m serving aboard the [i]Siren Princess[/i], a sloop-of-war that’s sailing as protection for the other ships in the expedition fleet. I originally joined Tidelord’s army of Exalts as a battlemage during a dominance battle, but while being able to blow up all your enemies within a 3 mile radius is great for war, it’s not very practical for much else. So during peacetime I work as an instructor for other mages, teaching them how to use different spells and the like - my specialty is offensive spells, but I’ve been working some shield spells into my repertoire. I’m thrilled to be on the Wavecrest Expedition because we’re going to be exploring the outside world to find the Tidelord if need be, and who [i]doesn’t[/i] want to know what the outside world is like? If you’re even the slightly bit curious about what the world beyond Sornieth is like, you’d get why I’m so excited. This is literally uncharted territory here, folks! Who knows what we’ll find out there? Probably something [i]amazing[/i]! Most likely something dangerous. Which is why I’m here! I’m one of the gunners on the [i]Siren Princess[/i], which means I get to launch cannonballs and magic attacks at any creatures threatening our fleet. It’s an important job, too - not every ship is outfitted with the firepower or warriors to fend off an attack, which means ships like ours have to work extra hard to protect everyone. We’ve got a lot of Arcane dragons in the gunner ranks, surprisingly! Or, I guess it’s not that surprising when you think about it. While being able to fight claw-to-claw is a useful skill to have here, when you’re stationed up on a boat it’s more useful to be able to attack from a distance, and Arcane dragons have plenty of experience slinging spells at enemies. Plus, whenever we make stuff explode it’s usually on purpose to destroy our enemies! I’ll tell you, it feels good to be praised for that since most dragons usually complain about us blowing stuff up. Another important skill Arcane dragons have is the ability to read the stars. And I don’t mean like how the Water oracles can read the future through bubbles, though I’ve heard there are some dragons who can tell your fortune using the alignment of the stars during your birth. What I’m talking about is how some Arcane dragons know how to navigate by looking at the position of the stars to figure out where they are. Well, guess that’s all of the important stuff I had to say. We leave tomorrow, so everyone’s getting all excited and triple-checking everything - I should get to doing that too. I hope you all had a wonderful Wavecrest! Love, Astris Galaxica[/color][/center]
Sjgcxqi.png~Arcane~Sjgcxqi.png

dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=24&breed=14&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=170&tertgene=14&winggene=8&wings=165&auth=bd018108e4b0f7fade1cda5b52a4e34265eb0a6a&dummyext=prev.png
Hey y’all! I’m Astris Galaxica, formerly of the Starfall Isles, currently of the Tidelord’s Exalts and the Wavecrest Expedition to find Him. I’m serving aboard the Siren Princess, a sloop-of-war that’s sailing as protection for the other ships in the expedition fleet. I originally joined Tidelord’s army of Exalts as a battlemage during a dominance battle, but while being able to blow up all your enemies within a 3 mile radius is great for war, it’s not very practical for much else. So during peacetime I work as an instructor for other mages, teaching them how to use different spells and the like - my specialty is offensive spells, but I’ve been working some shield spells into my repertoire.

I’m thrilled to be on the Wavecrest Expedition because we’re going to be exploring the outside world to find the Tidelord if need be, and who doesn’t want to know what the outside world is like? If you’re even the slightly bit curious about what the world beyond Sornieth is like, you’d get why I’m so excited. This is literally uncharted territory here, folks! Who knows what we’ll find out there? Probably something amazing! Most likely something dangerous. Which is why I’m here! I’m one of the gunners on the Siren Princess, which means I get to launch cannonballs and magic attacks at any creatures threatening our fleet. It’s an important job, too - not every ship is outfitted with the firepower or warriors to fend off an attack, which means ships like ours have to work extra hard to protect everyone.

We’ve got a lot of Arcane dragons in the gunner ranks, surprisingly! Or, I guess it’s not that surprising when you think about it. While being able to fight claw-to-claw is a useful skill to have here, when you’re stationed up on a boat it’s more useful to be able to attack from a distance, and Arcane dragons have plenty of experience slinging spells at enemies. Plus, whenever we make stuff explode it’s usually on purpose to destroy our enemies! I’ll tell you, it feels good to be praised for that since most dragons usually complain about us blowing stuff up. Another important skill Arcane dragons have is the ability to read the stars. And I don’t mean like how the Water oracles can read the future through bubbles, though I’ve heard there are some dragons who can tell your fortune using the alignment of the stars during your birth. What I’m talking about is how some Arcane dragons know how to navigate by looking at the position of the stars to figure out where they are.

Well, guess that’s all of the important stuff I had to say. We leave tomorrow, so everyone’s getting all excited and triple-checking everything - I should get to doing that too. I hope you all had a wonderful Wavecrest!

Love,
Astris Galaxica
Na5WGHa.png
@Violetah @Ivythorn @brighteningskies @zillagoddess You've been added to the pinglist! @Amberleafz @MissNevermind @overture @Gryphonlady @BlazingSkyDragon @Minibani @Bast6415 @Arsenic33 @TheWhiteTigerGod @Meadbhb @MandragoraAutumn @BlackRayser @Welgan @Solstices @Bluewolf123321 @thestuffedanimal @DarkWolf133 @SpectralRose @1lqueria @unidra @Frionivalis @Clintinez @SquishyJellyfish @Lunistice @GByoshi @Starwindrider @Redspike944 @Celuin @Deerdip @Lepidolite @MidnightFlygon @corprus @zillagoddess Lightning's and Arcane's letters are finally up! Sorry for the delay - I had to give a presentation in class on Friday, and then I got sick later that night, so I wasn't able to post these until now. [emoji=guardian sad] There'll be one more letter after this - an epilogue to this event. It'll go up either later tonight or tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling. Thank you for your patience!
@Violetah @Ivythorn @brighteningskies @zillagoddess You've been added to the pinglist!

@Amberleafz @MissNevermind @overture @Gryphonlady @BlazingSkyDragon @Minibani @Bast6415 @Arsenic33 @TheWhiteTigerGod @Meadbhb @MandragoraAutumn @BlackRayser @Welgan @Solstices @Bluewolf123321 @thestuffedanimal @DarkWolf133 @SpectralRose @1lqueria @unidra @Frionivalis @Clintinez @SquishyJellyfish @Lunistice @GByoshi @Starwindrider @Redspike944 @Celuin @Deerdip @Lepidolite @MidnightFlygon @corprus @zillagoddess

Lightning's and Arcane's letters are finally up! Sorry for the delay - I had to give a presentation in class on Friday, and then I got sick later that night, so I wasn't able to post these until now.

There'll be one more letter after this - an epilogue to this event. It'll go up either later tonight or tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling. Thank you for your patience!
Na5WGHa.png
thank you so much for writing these aaaaaaaa
thank you so much for writing these aaaaaaaa
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.pnglgbtdragons4.png c48cHhr.png4PReSu5.png
@tigressRising

These are amazing and so much fun to read. Thank you!
@tigressRising

These are amazing and so much fun to read. Thank you!
yXOBcio.gif
@tigressRising I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
@tigressRising I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
+2 FR time
he/they
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10