Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [WC 2019] Letters from the Exalted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ooh there's a party owo they would be all having fun :D
Ooh there's a party owo they would be all having fun :D
sqXOa1X.gif Frionivalis | FR +14 or +15 (UTC +7) | A lore lair

Meepball Adopts Tailor Fae Subspecies
Sparkle Dreams Hatchery
My Experimental Writing, Feedbacks needed!
_____Fresh_Tailor_Fae_Signature_size.png
@tigressRising can i be added to the pinglist? thanks!
@tigressRising can i be added to the pinglist? thanks!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/nIq46TF.png[/img][font=Book Antiqua][size=5][size=5][size=5][color=red][b][u]~Plague~[/u][/b][/color][/size][/font][img]https://i.imgur.com/nIq46TF.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=166&bodygene=21&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=155&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=132&auth=500ea54141d943afc928887897938d33f060d454&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center][color=red]Hello, all. My name is Grievous Greenvein, and I am a doctor serving on the [i]Grand Tern[/i]. Or rather, I will be as soon as I get over this dreadful bout of seasickness. [i]Ugh.[/i] We haven’t even hit the open seas yet and I already feel sick to my stomach… The Water dragons say that I’ll feel better once I find my “sea legs”, as they say. A shame I don’t even have the strength to leave the boat and enjoy the holiday, though a few of my shipmates promised me that they’ll bring back some holiday goodies for me. At least writing this letter is giving me something to do while I lie in my cabin resting. I suppose I should start with how I came to join the Water Exalts. I was one of several dragons sent to Water as a mercenary during a dominance battle. However, unlike most of the other dragons I had trained with, I was trained as a healer instead of a mage or physical fighter. Ever since I was a hatchling I knew that I wanted to be an Exalt and contribute to dominance efforts, but I never developed a taste for fighting. Instead I learned the art of medicine and healing magic so that I could still help in my own way. Field medics are just as important as warriors in battle - after all, without a healer, even the mightiest warriors will eventually fall to their wounds. I joined the expedition because good healers and doctors are a necessity on any large-scale operation. (Though granted, if I had known my seasickness would get this bad…) Even without considering all the unknown diseases and parasites we might encounter in the world beyond Sornieth, there are still plenty of illnesses and injuries that can occur onboard. Scurvy, infection, fever, injury from accidents… So of course we need to bring along plenty of doctors to make sure that all the dragons traveling on this expedition stay healthy. The Plague dragons joining us have been ironically very helpful in this regard. Since they were already exposed to many diseases growing up in the Scarred Wasteland, their immune systems are much stronger compared to dragons from other flights. Having experienced more diseases has also taught them how to treat dragons with those illnesses, and how to do so without getting sick themselves. Dragons from Plague also tend to be less squeamish, which is very useful when dealing with more...gruesome injuries. Several of my best medical assistants are Plague dragons, and they’ve been doing an excellent job running the [i]Grand Tern[/i]’s infirmary ward while I’m currently bedridden. [i]Ugh,[/I] I can feel a headache forming… Writing so much in a dark room while sick probably wasn’t a good idea. I’ll just have to end this letter here I guess. Anyways, I hope you all have a good Wavecrest Saturnalia. Even if I’m currently unable to enjoy the festival, I hope you can. Yours truly (and sickly), Grievous Greenvein[/color][/center]
nIq46TF.png~Plague~nIq46TF.png

dragon?age=1&body=166&bodygene=21&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=155&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=132&auth=500ea54141d943afc928887897938d33f060d454&dummyext=prev.png
Hello, all. My name is Grievous Greenvein, and I am a doctor serving on the Grand Tern. Or rather, I will be as soon as I get over this dreadful bout of seasickness. Ugh. We haven’t even hit the open seas yet and I already feel sick to my stomach… The Water dragons say that I’ll feel better once I find my “sea legs”, as they say. A shame I don’t even have the strength to leave the boat and enjoy the holiday, though a few of my shipmates promised me that they’ll bring back some holiday goodies for me. At least writing this letter is giving me something to do while I lie in my cabin resting.

I suppose I should start with how I came to join the Water Exalts. I was one of several dragons sent to Water as a mercenary during a dominance battle. However, unlike most of the other dragons I had trained with, I was trained as a healer instead of a mage or physical fighter. Ever since I was a hatchling I knew that I wanted to be an Exalt and contribute to dominance efforts, but I never developed a taste for fighting. Instead I learned the art of medicine and healing magic so that I could still help in my own way. Field medics are just as important as warriors in battle - after all, without a healer, even the mightiest warriors will eventually fall to their wounds.

I joined the expedition because good healers and doctors are a necessity on any large-scale operation. (Though granted, if I had known my seasickness would get this bad…) Even without considering all the unknown diseases and parasites we might encounter in the world beyond Sornieth, there are still plenty of illnesses and injuries that can occur onboard. Scurvy, infection, fever, injury from accidents… So of course we need to bring along plenty of doctors to make sure that all the dragons traveling on this expedition stay healthy. The Plague dragons joining us have been ironically very helpful in this regard. Since they were already exposed to many diseases growing up in the Scarred Wasteland, their immune systems are much stronger compared to dragons from other flights. Having experienced more diseases has also taught them how to treat dragons with those illnesses, and how to do so without getting sick themselves. Dragons from Plague also tend to be less squeamish, which is very useful when dealing with more...gruesome injuries. Several of my best medical assistants are Plague dragons, and they’ve been doing an excellent job running the Grand Tern’s infirmary ward while I’m currently bedridden.

Ugh, I can feel a headache forming… Writing so much in a dark room while sick probably wasn’t a good idea. I’ll just have to end this letter here I guess. Anyways, I hope you all have a good Wavecrest Saturnalia. Even if I’m currently unable to enjoy the festival, I hope you can.

Yours truly (and sickly),
Grievous Greenvein
Na5WGHa.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4sJGP24.png[/img][font=Book Antiqua][size=5][size=5][size=5][color=green][b][u]~Nature~[/u][/b][/color][/size][/font][img]https://i.imgur.com/4sJGP24.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=41&bodygene=23&breed=12&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=120&tertgene=24&winggene=25&wings=80&auth=11d882393c8f1528e152ead1c0c92bc9a2bfb955&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center][color=green]Greetings, everyone! My name is Pythas Fauxeye, and I’m an [s]Exhalt[/s] Exalt aboard the [i]Priceless [s]Profesy[/s] Prophecy[/i]. How I became an Exalt for Water is...a bit of a long story. When I was hatched, I had eyes all over my body (still do), as well as eye-like markings on my wings. This was before the various eye variations became more well-known across [s]Sorneith[/s] Sornieth obviously. My birth clan was the [s]supersticius[/s] superstitious kind, and they thought that my multiple eyes were a bad omen. So they threw me out while I was still a hatchling, and I was forced to survive on my own. Somehow I did, and made it to adulthood healthy and in one piece despite all odds. One day, while I was wandering through the jungle, I came across a group of Water Exalts. They were visiting different flights and [s]recruting[/s] recruiting dragons for the Wavecrest Expedition. It was the first time I had other dragons care about me and want to have me as part of [s]there[/s] their group, and I realized that I liked the [s]comradery[/s] camaraderie. So I agreed to Exalt myself for Water and help search for the missing Tidelord. After joining the Exalts, I gave myself the name Pythas Fauxeye - Pythas for my primary gene, and Fauxeye for my multiple eyes as well as the markings on my wings. And that’s how I got to where I am now. Naturally, having to fend for myself in the Viridian [s]Labrinth[/s] [s]Labrynth[/s] [s]Labrynith[/s] Labyrinth taught me a lot about how to survive in harsh [s]enviroments[/s] environments, such as how to find food and clean water, how to build shelters, and how to avoid dangerous wildlife. These skills are why I’m part of the expedition despite being new. Since we don’t know what we’ll find while we’re out looking for the Tidelord, the Exalts decided we should be prepared for anything, so they got a bunch of survivalist experts who grew up in a bunch of different environments to join the expedition in case of...just about anything, really. Most of my job onboard is about teaching everyone else survival skills such as starting campfires (even the non-Fire dragons), identifying and following tracks, finding safe places to make camp, and deciding if a stream is safe to drink from. I also teach them how to hunt and fish for food, but since the [s]vegatation[/s] vegetation in the outside world probably won’t be the same as the plants in the Viridian Labyrinth, there’s little point in teaching them about identifying edible and poisonous plants, although I still do anyways just in case. Nature dragons are valued on the Wavecrest Expedition for these reasons as well. After all, the territory we grew up in is literally a jungle, filled with dangerous wildlife, plants just as likely to kill you as they are to feed you, and fierce battles with other flights for dominance. The survival skills that Nature dragons bring to the table will [s]definately[/s] definitely be helpful on our expedition. I’ve also seen some Nature dragons use their magic to start a garden onboard some of the ships, growing fresh fruits and [s]vegatables[/s] vegetables from seeds and potting soil they brought with them. That will really help with bolstering our food supplies once we get far away from Sornieth. Other Nature dragons seem really excited about what new plant [s]speceis[/s] species we’ll find out there - [s]their[/s] they’re already talking about how they’re going to bring them back and grow them in Sornieth. That’s all I have to say for now. Sorry for any spelling mistakes - I’ve never needed to write so much before. I hope you all have a great Wavecrest festival! From, Pythas Fauxeye[/color][/center]
4sJGP24.png~Nature~4sJGP24.png

dragon?age=1&body=41&bodygene=23&breed=12&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=120&tertgene=24&winggene=25&wings=80&auth=11d882393c8f1528e152ead1c0c92bc9a2bfb955&dummyext=prev.png
Greetings, everyone! My name is Pythas Fauxeye, and I’m an Exhalt Exalt aboard the Priceless Profesy Prophecy. How I became an Exalt for Water is...a bit of a long story. When I was hatched, I had eyes all over my body (still do), as well as eye-like markings on my wings. This was before the various eye variations became more well-known across Sorneith Sornieth obviously. My birth clan was the supersticius superstitious kind, and they thought that my multiple eyes were a bad omen. So they threw me out while I was still a hatchling, and I was forced to survive on my own. Somehow I did, and made it to adulthood healthy and in one piece despite all odds. One day, while I was wandering through the jungle, I came across a group of Water Exalts. They were visiting different flights and recruting recruiting dragons for the Wavecrest Expedition. It was the first time I had other dragons care about me and want to have me as part of there their group, and I realized that I liked the comradery camaraderie. So I agreed to Exalt myself for Water and help search for the missing Tidelord. After joining the Exalts, I gave myself the name Pythas Fauxeye - Pythas for my primary gene, and Fauxeye for my multiple eyes as well as the markings on my wings. And that’s how I got to where I am now.

Naturally, having to fend for myself in the Viridian Labrinth Labrynth Labrynith Labyrinth taught me a lot about how to survive in harsh enviroments environments, such as how to find food and clean water, how to build shelters, and how to avoid dangerous wildlife. These skills are why I’m part of the expedition despite being new. Since we don’t know what we’ll find while we’re out looking for the Tidelord, the Exalts decided we should be prepared for anything, so they got a bunch of survivalist experts who grew up in a bunch of different environments to join the expedition in case of...just about anything, really. Most of my job onboard is about teaching everyone else survival skills such as starting campfires (even the non-Fire dragons), identifying and following tracks, finding safe places to make camp, and deciding if a stream is safe to drink from. I also teach them how to hunt and fish for food, but since the vegatation vegetation in the outside world probably won’t be the same as the plants in the Viridian Labyrinth, there’s little point in teaching them about identifying edible and poisonous plants, although I still do anyways just in case.

Nature dragons are valued on the Wavecrest Expedition for these reasons as well. After all, the territory we grew up in is literally a jungle, filled with dangerous wildlife, plants just as likely to kill you as they are to feed you, and fierce battles with other flights for dominance. The survival skills that Nature dragons bring to the table will definately definitely be helpful on our expedition. I’ve also seen some Nature dragons use their magic to start a garden onboard some of the ships, growing fresh fruits and vegatables vegetables from seeds and potting soil they brought with them. That will really help with bolstering our food supplies once we get far away from Sornieth. Other Nature dragons seem really excited about what new plant speceis species we’ll find out there - their they’re already talking about how they’re going to bring them back and grow them in Sornieth.

That’s all I have to say for now. Sorry for any spelling mistakes - I’ve never needed to write so much before. I hope you all have a great Wavecrest festival!

From,
Pythas Fauxeye
Na5WGHa.png
@Amberleafz @MissNevermind @overture @Gryphonlady @BlazingSkyDragon @Minibani @Bast6415 @Arsenic33 @TheWhiteTigerGod @Meadbhb @MandragoraAutumn @BlackRayser @Welgan @Solstices @Bluewolf123321 @thestuffedanimal @DarkWolf133 @SpectralRose @1lqueria @unidra @Frionivalis @Clintinez @SquishyJellyfish @Lunistice @GByoshi @Starwindrider @Redspike944 @Celuin @Deerdip @Lepidolite @MidnightFlygon

New letters from Plague and Nature have arrived! Did you know that comradery is a real word? And that I've been spelling Sornieth wrong the whole time? I hope you enjoy these two new entries!

@corprus You've been added!
@Amberleafz @MissNevermind @overture @Gryphonlady @BlazingSkyDragon @Minibani @Bast6415 @Arsenic33 @TheWhiteTigerGod @Meadbhb @MandragoraAutumn @BlackRayser @Welgan @Solstices @Bluewolf123321 @thestuffedanimal @DarkWolf133 @SpectralRose @1lqueria @unidra @Frionivalis @Clintinez @SquishyJellyfish @Lunistice @GByoshi @Starwindrider @Redspike944 @Celuin @Deerdip @Lepidolite @MidnightFlygon

New letters from Plague and Nature have arrived! Did you know that comradery is a real word? And that I've been spelling Sornieth wrong the whole time? I hope you enjoy these two new entries!

@corprus You've been added!
Na5WGHa.png
ohhhhhhhhhh i love them both theyre so sweet and good;;;;;; bless them this saturnalia;;;;;
ohhhhhhhhhh i love them both theyre so sweet and good;;;;;; bless them this saturnalia;;;;;
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.pnglgbtdragons4.png c48cHhr.png4PReSu5.png
@tigressRising Can I please be added to the pinglist?
@tigressRising Can I please be added to the pinglist?
ocean_bow.gif
hey i LOVE pythas
hey i LOVE pythas
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
@zillagoddess Sure thing! Thank you for your interest!
@zillagoddess Sure thing! Thank you for your interest!
Na5WGHa.png
LET ME ADOPT PYTHAS I LOVE HIM
LET ME ADOPT PYTHAS I LOVE HIM
D03a4pf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10