Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This game is boring
I'm new and I'm looking for something to do in this game but so far I can't come up with anything and this game is becoming really boring really quickly.
I'm new and I'm looking for something to do in this game but so far I can't come up with anything and this game is becoming really boring really quickly.
@Chelseameowmeow Check out the which waystone! It has some ideas of things you can do :D
@Chelseameowmeow Check out the which waystone! It has some ideas of things you can do :D
83275586_yMsvkTKoGvomN5f.gif
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 22 ✧✧✧
•••
I like dungeon meshi and chappell roan
83275537_0TOL9nRdJWWGLss.gif
@Chelseameowmeow First of all, welcome to Flight Rising! I would recommend looking at the Which Waystone to get an idea on what to do. You can play the minigames at the Fairgrounds or go into the Coliseum.

You're always welcome to join the forums community, too. :)
@Chelseameowmeow First of all, welcome to Flight Rising! I would recommend looking at the Which Waystone to get an idea on what to do. You can play the minigames at the Fairgrounds or go into the Coliseum.

You're always welcome to join the forums community, too. :)
j0lGliX.png
she/her
FR+3
fIGHT ME

Jk, you can check Which Waystone for activities to do! And welcome to FR!
fIGHT ME

Jk, you can check Which Waystone for activities to do! And welcome to FR!
@DoctorAlphys

Nah, this is the kind of game were you have to make your own entertainment, so people used to having entertainment delivered to them the way most 'games' do these days often find themselves at a loss when they join.

I myself struggled to find something to do when I first joined, but once I figured out that this is a long-paced activity that won't babysit me, and not really a 'game,' I've had a lot of fun.
@DoctorAlphys

Nah, this is the kind of game were you have to make your own entertainment, so people used to having entertainment delivered to them the way most 'games' do these days often find themselves at a loss when they join.

I myself struggled to find something to do when I first joined, but once I figured out that this is a long-paced activity that won't babysit me, and not really a 'game,' I've had a lot of fun.
FR time +2
If you don't set any goals and don't interact with anyone, sure.
If you don't set any goals and don't interact with anyone, sure.
I'll Secondary Gene: Morph to someone else. I'm just a Tertiary Gene: Ghost Sprsme376.gifSprcr079.gif
@fauxfox Ah, that's true. Probably should've thought that through before I made the comment.
@fauxfox Ah, that's true. Probably should've thought that through before I made the comment.
giphy.gif
FR can be a little slow going in the beginning - it's hard to wrap your head around the different aspects that are more evident the more you play. I think it definitely gets more fun the longer you're on here.

Check out the Nature Forums to see if they have any newbie mentorship programs or things like that - you might find it helpful to have an older player show you all the cool things to do more personally, rather than just on a thread like this one.

I'd recommend to stick it out for at least the next festival (last week of the month) and especially Night of the Nocturne, which lasts for two weeks at the end of December (it has run into February by a couple of days before). These are events where you can get exclusive apparel sets, skins/accents, and other specialty items. They're time-sensitive, so they definitely get you into aspects of the site like the coliseum or fairgrounds to make money and get materials. I joined during the first NotN, and it was awesome.

If you're not feeling it in the meantime, just do dailies like feeding your dragons, gathering things, grabbing something from Pinkerton, and bonding with your familiars. It will also be helpful to throw in random items into Baldwin, to start collecting materials for the events, where you can brew exclusive items (i.e. skins, apparel, vistas). This all shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes a day.

If you're still not enjoying it after the two festivals, it just might not be the game for you!
FR can be a little slow going in the beginning - it's hard to wrap your head around the different aspects that are more evident the more you play. I think it definitely gets more fun the longer you're on here.

Check out the Nature Forums to see if they have any newbie mentorship programs or things like that - you might find it helpful to have an older player show you all the cool things to do more personally, rather than just on a thread like this one.

I'd recommend to stick it out for at least the next festival (last week of the month) and especially Night of the Nocturne, which lasts for two weeks at the end of December (it has run into February by a couple of days before). These are events where you can get exclusive apparel sets, skins/accents, and other specialty items. They're time-sensitive, so they definitely get you into aspects of the site like the coliseum or fairgrounds to make money and get materials. I joined during the first NotN, and it was awesome.

If you're not feeling it in the meantime, just do dailies like feeding your dragons, gathering things, grabbing something from Pinkerton, and bonding with your familiars. It will also be helpful to throw in random items into Baldwin, to start collecting materials for the events, where you can brew exclusive items (i.e. skins, apparel, vistas). This all shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes a day.

If you're still not enjoying it after the two festivals, it just might not be the game for you!

puffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuff

FR +9
I will never understand why new players of any game are just too lazy or too ignorant to read the countless guides there are, but instead decide to deem the game boring, because they felt like it. Sure, even if you know how flight rising works, you might still find it boring. In that case, just move along. Don't make a thread insulting the site and the people who made it.
I will never understand why new players of any game are just too lazy or too ignorant to read the countless guides there are, but instead decide to deem the game boring, because they felt like it. Sure, even if you know how flight rising works, you might still find it boring. In that case, just move along. Don't make a thread insulting the site and the people who made it.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
[quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-11-18 08:20:27" ] I will never understand why new players of any game are just too lazy or too ignorant to read the countless guides there are, but instead decide to deem the game boring, because they felt like it. Sure, even if you know how flight rising works, you might still find it boring. In that case, just move along. Don't make a thread insulting the site and the people who made it. [/quote] This ^^
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-11-18 08:20:27:
This ^^
| Wishlist| FR+3| Female|
9kcPMa2.gif