Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So I look to the ad sidebar and see
1 2 3 4
[quote name="TheGrounder" date="2018-10-09 04:03:45" ] It's all based off of what you've been surfing for, so I for example find ads for my local grocery store and stuff I looked at on Etsy ._. [/quote] [color=#800040]Then I'd really like to know why it's showing me ads for cars, banks and travelling, and clothing lines I've never heard of, haha. Because I didn't google any of that. I think there's some non-customized ones in there, like the VideoGamer one, that have nothing to do with your search history. Also, if you don't want personalized ads, FR linked a few sites in their privacy policy where you can opt out! You'll only get random ads then. Which can still be weird ads, tho. I for one turned on my adblocker, the ads really slowed down the site for me :/[/color]
TheGrounder wrote on 2018-10-09 04:03:45:
It's all based off of what you've been surfing for, so I for example find ads for my local grocery store and stuff I looked at on Etsy ._.

Then I'd really like to know why it's showing me ads for cars, banks and travelling, and clothing lines I've never heard of, haha. Because I didn't google any of that. I think there's some non-customized ones in there, like the VideoGamer one, that have nothing to do with your search history. Also, if you don't want personalized ads, FR linked a few sites in their privacy policy where you can opt out! You'll only get random ads then. Which can still be weird ads, tho.

I for one turned on my adblocker, the ads really slowed down the site for me :/

iIrk1Wj.png
I saw a political ad lol

My dude my man I cannot even vote
I saw a political ad lol

My dude my man I cannot even vote
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I have an account on slyvestia, and then I forgot the password for it and I'm too lazy to do anything about it so I'm just gonna let it rot on that game XD
I have an account on slyvestia, and then I forgot the password for it and I'm too lazy to do anything about it so I'm just gonna let it rot on that game XD
pwyw humanoids
fr+3
toothbrushes, weight loss, videogamer and antidepressants. This is sad.
toothbrushes, weight loss, videogamer and antidepressants. This is sad.
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
I tried getting into that site once, but it just didn't interest me.
I tried getting into that site once, but it just didn't interest me.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
i don’t really notice the ads but there’s a lot of videogamer and webcomics
i don’t really notice the ads but there’s a lot of videogamer and webcomics

gmt +8
fr time +15
she/they/he
pings very welcome
b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png
exalt save sales (g1s, oldies and others)
[quote name="@HeavyRoads" date="2018-10-08 21:25:32" ] Sylestia Please no that site scares me Has that been there the whole time [/quote] WHy does it scare you tho? It seems cute?
@HeavyRoads wrote on 2018-10-08 21:25:32:
Sylestia
Please no that site scares me
Has that been there the whole time
WHy does it scare you tho? It seems cute?
There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
I get a lot of curtain/rug/car ads. Oh and also home security. Like bruh. Why would I want any of that I’m not even out of high school yet FR IF YOURE GOING TO COLLECT MY DATA, DO BETTER! I like hiveworks! I read Paranatural, like religiously! So please understand that I like Hiveworks and give me back online comic ads ‘cause I’ll actually be interested and click them.
I get a lot of curtain/rug/car ads. Oh and also home security. Like bruh. Why would I want any of that I’m not even out of high school yet FR IF YOURE GOING TO COLLECT MY DATA, DO BETTER! I like hiveworks! I read Paranatural, like religiously! So please understand that I like Hiveworks and give me back online comic ads ‘cause I’ll actually be interested and click them.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
I have uBlock Origin and I turned it off as an experiment. I immediately got a banner pop-up asking me which of the 10,000 strangely-named companies I wanted FR to sell my data to/allow access to vaguely-defined stuff on my computer. I have no idea if I'm opting in or out when I click the slidey thing, so I turned Adblock on again.
I have uBlock Origin and I turned it off as an experiment. I immediately got a banner pop-up asking me which of the 10,000 strangely-named companies I wanted FR to sell my data to/allow access to vaguely-defined stuff on my computer. I have no idea if I'm opting in or out when I click the slidey thing, so I turned Adblock on again.
Apparently the ad companies think advertising to me is a lost cause (it is) because I'm still getting no ads at all despite having adblock disabled for FR
Apparently the ad companies think advertising to me is a lost cause (it is) because I'm still getting no ads at all despite having adblock disabled for FR

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
1 2 3 4