Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Waste
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The very first Raffle Roulette came to a close last night, with at least ~2,135,000 tickets sold. [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/XIINBQ1.png[/img] [/center] Each ticket was sold for 500t, so the total amount of treasure dumped into Roundsey comes to *drumroll* [center] [size=6] 1,067,500,000t One [b]Billion[/b], Sixty-seven Million, Five Hundred Thousand treasure. [/size] Not a typo, collectively the users of FR threw more than a billion treasure down the drain on the incredibly slim hope of something shiny bubbling up to the surface. [/center] To stand a 1% chance of winning any prize in the raffle, a potential would have had to purchase a minimum of [b]21,350[/b] tickets at a cost of [b]10,675,000T[/b] So let’s see what we could have bought instead. The current user-created gem to treasure trading ratio is holding steady at 1:850. The equivalent is 1,255,882G. With the most economical gem packs costing $100 f0r 11,500g. This amount is equivalent to 109 such gem packs, at a total Real World cost of $10,900 USD. Just think about that for a moment. The raffle brought in the equivalent of what 1/3 of the total [url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stormlightworkshop/flight-rising-0?lang=en]Kickstarter backers contributed ($38,557) back in 2013.[/url] ------------------------------------------------------ So, what could we have bought with all those gems? Well…. [item=Light Sprite] (49kg) x 25 [item=Golden Idol] (150kg) Most recent purchase price reported by @/Whuffie x 8 [item=Skycat] (120kg) from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/auc/2159501/1]this auction last year[/url] x 10 [item=Breed Change: Imperial] (450kg) x 2 ( but nearly three at 2.79), the first of those scrolls was purchasable late afternoon on the raffle’s first day. [center] ------------------------------------- But now, let’s look at the actual prizes. 1 Cyan/Cyan/Cyan G1 dragon (price ~?~) [item=Primary Gene: Starmap] x 10 = 15,000 [item=Speedy] x 5 LAH 2300 = 11,500 [item=Gold Muck] x 10 LAH 7 = 70g Prize Pool Total (discounting dragon) = 26,570G To purchase the raffle’s non-dragon prizes is the equivalent of 22,584,500T [/center] Personal note: I deeply wonder if the userbase has 1 billion T to throw into this thing every week and how sustainable/worthwhile the userbase will find Rounsdey after this. [img]https://i.imgur.com/GBQJNXn.png[/img] 155,060 = 77,530,000T Nevermind.... Pings @Huntess
The very first Raffle Roulette came to a close last night, with at least ~2,135,000 tickets sold.
XIINBQ1.png

Each ticket was sold for 500t, so the total amount of treasure dumped into Roundsey comes to *drumroll*

1,067,500,000t

One Billion, Sixty-seven Million, Five Hundred Thousand treasure.

Not a typo, collectively the users of FR threw more than a billion treasure down the drain on the incredibly slim hope of something shiny bubbling up to the surface.

To stand a 1% chance of winning any prize in the raffle, a potential would have had to purchase a minimum of 21,350 tickets at a cost of 10,675,000T

So let’s see what we could have bought instead.

The current user-created gem to treasure trading ratio is holding steady at 1:850.
The equivalent is 1,255,882G.

With the most economical gem packs costing $100 f0r 11,500g. This amount is equivalent to 109 such gem packs, at a total Real World cost of $10,900 USD.

Just think about that for a moment. The raffle brought in the equivalent of what 1/3 of the total Kickstarter backers contributed ($38,557) back in 2013.

So, what could we have bought with all those gems? Well….

Light Sprite (49kg) x 25

Golden Idol (150kg) Most recent purchase price reported by @/Whuffie x 8
Skycat (120kg) from this auction last year x 10

Breed Change: Imperial (450kg) x 2 ( but nearly three at 2.79), the first of those scrolls was purchasable late afternoon on the raffle’s first day.

But now, let’s look at the actual prizes.

1 Cyan/Cyan/Cyan G1 dragon (price ~?~)
Primary Gene: Starmap x 10 = 15,000
Speedy x 5 LAH 2300 = 11,500
Gold Muck x 10 LAH 7 = 70g

Prize Pool Total (discounting dragon)
= 26,570G

To purchase the raffle’s non-dragon prizes is the equivalent of 22,584,500T

Personal note: I deeply wonder if the userbase has 1 billion T to throw into this thing every week and how sustainable/worthwhile the userbase will find Rounsdey after this.

GBQJNXn.png

155,060 = 77,530,000T

Nevermind....

Pings

@Huntess
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
...Wow.
...Wow.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
It's the point of Roundsey though, I'm afraid. I feel like humans on pet sites are also just drawn to chance games with a hope of winning something for little money lmao.

I'm sure it will chill out a little after the raffle being around for a while, and only stir up this level of business on some particularly good prizes... But darn if i don't want everything for this week's raffle. That snapper though...
It's the point of Roundsey though, I'm afraid. I feel like humans on pet sites are also just drawn to chance games with a hope of winning something for little money lmao.

I'm sure it will chill out a little after the raffle being around for a while, and only stir up this level of business on some particularly good prizes... But darn if i don't want everything for this week's raffle. That snapper though...
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Truly the best.
Truly the best.
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif
Oof
Oof
» Uva
» FR +4
» Pings EzHOmu6.png
YRgKvwk.gif
0mCnaKl.png KNdRBxl.png
FE9pJK1.png
oaolHwW.png
FObX7rS.png
6meUms1.png
hEE2Ga6.png
xpqTBTn.gif
So Insane to me ; - ; Thank you for the Ping <3!
So Insane to me ; - ; Thank you for the Ping <3!
I don't think it's that the userbase can't keep up
It's that there's no shiny dragon prize this time. Sure the dragon looks nice and all but it's no xxx g1 and the tickets purchased reflects that

I'm genuinely surprised that so many tickets have been purchased as is. There will probably be 'waste' again this round but that's a good sign because otherwise it suggests an utter lack of interest in the prizes...
I don't think it's that the userbase can't keep up
It's that there's no shiny dragon prize this time. Sure the dragon looks nice and all but it's no xxx g1 and the tickets purchased reflects that

I'm genuinely surprised that so many tickets have been purchased as is. There will probably be 'waste' again this round but that's a good sign because otherwise it suggests an utter lack of interest in the prizes...
tastefulmarketing.gif
I feel like the participants will start going down after these first few weeks. People get excited over being the first to do things or be a part of it.

I bought 30 tickets, this week I only bought 15. I don't have any hope of winning, but it's fun to participate. As for those people who spent 15m treasure, that's more than twice as much as what I've had TOTAL the entire time I've been on FR. To a lot of people that's nothing, somehow. Chances are Roundsey's will just be a bidding war between the richest.
I feel like the participants will start going down after these first few weeks. People get excited over being the first to do things or be a part of it.

I bought 30 tickets, this week I only bought 15. I don't have any hope of winning, but it's fun to participate. As for those people who spent 15m treasure, that's more than twice as much as what I've had TOTAL the entire time I've been on FR. To a lot of people that's nothing, somehow. Chances are Roundsey's will just be a bidding war between the richest.
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
this is why i stop at one ticket
this is why i stop at one ticket
63324000-84e8-11e8-8dbf-fb2bd71d0cf6.gif
Damn.
Damn.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9