Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 40 FR World Building Questions
1 2 3
A hub where you can post your answers can be found here
(dj khaled voice) another one
Character Building Questions Here
If you do end up answering these, I'd love a ping!
I plan on doing more in the future, so if you're interested I can add you to the pinglist, just ask :>
edit: forgot to add, I'm subscribed, so no need to @ me
Those who asked for a ping:
@After @CosmicNight @SashaFiredrake @Vierdz @PieOfDeath @GreatLordHades @Heeroku @Mnkn10 @Sanddollar @BlackwatchGenji @Sanati @TheSoapyDolphin @SariStar @hantric @Graceless @Pufferheart

1. Write from the perspective of an outsider of your lair, what is their first impression? How have they discovered this group? How are they greeted?
  2. Is there a class difference in your lair? If so, how do the ‘lower’ ranks of their society live? If not, how do they maintain equity?
  3. How is discipline dealt out? Is there a legal system? Fair trial? Vigilantism?
  4. Are there any important figures in history involved in your lair? Who are they and why are they significant?
  5. How has history constructed & molded your lair’s culture, morals and ideals, if at all?
  6. What are some unspoken rules? What happens if they are broken? Why are they in place?
  7. What do your lair members do for entertainment, at both a personal & societal level?
  8. What is your lair’s attitude to nature? How does it work in reference to their architecture? Is pollution a issue?
  9. What is the political climate? What are some issues currently in the public’s eye?
  10. Are there any customs around hatching? Who is present? Is their any members who specialize in the care of eggs or hatchlings? Are eggs ever hatched too early?
  11. Are there any gestures present? Similar to our waves, nods, etc
  12. Does your lair have any slang, insults or jargon? If so, what is it, what is it’s origin, use and is it exclusively used by certain groups?
  13. Are there any specific greetings or goodbyes present? Does it differ at times, events or relations? Where do these greetings/goodbyes originate?
  14. What level of technology do they have available to them? Is it similar to ours, or specially adapted to solve issues relative to their world? If so, who has made this technology available to them?
  15. How do religious beliefs play a role in everyday life? Is there an organised clergy?
  16. Who holds authority or is looked up to in their society? Do they hold any real power, or is it more of a concept?
  17. What values or traits are sought after? Does it vary from species to species? What will some do to achieve these aspects of themselves?
  18. Does your society have folk tales, mythology, traditional rituals? Where do they originate? Do they have any truth to them?
  19. What is considered a ‘nuclear’ family (basic social unit)? What is considered ‘extended’ family?
  20. Are there any rights of passage or milestones that a generally accepted or striven for? Are there different standards for different genders or breeds?
  21. Are there any customs around death or the afterlife? Who preforms these? Is their life mourned, celebrated or something different?
  22. What, if any, foods are considered a delicacy? How is food prepared? Is there any forbidden or taboo foods?
  23. What is considered courteous? How do you treat a guest to your home?
  24. What is your societies ideas regarding unity, do they have ‘marriage’ or something similar? Do they stay partners for life? Are friendships exclusively platonic?
  25. Is there a system of education similar to ours? How do characters learn trade, skills, etc?
  26. Is everyone literate? Are there different languages or dialect? Are books freely available in libraries, or restricted?
  27. Are there any standards for food, service or care? Who enforces this, if anyone?
  28. What do they use for currency? Is it a trade system? Why has this been specifically chosen?
  29. Are there any games played by the younger members of society? Nursery Rhymes?
  30. Are there any specific genres of music originating in your lair? What does this involve?
  31. Are there any restrictions on magic or spells? What and why? If not, does this cause any issues?
  32. How is defense handled? How is this enforced? Is there voluntary service or are they drafted?
  33. How is apparel treated? Does certain apparel indicate a rank, class or job?
  34. Is there any opposition or conflict from outside sources? How does this affect your group? Do they take a pacifist or militarism approach?
  35. Is imperialism, nationalism or similar ideologies present or enacted? What is the general response to these thoughts? Are they the majority?
  36. Does your lair participate in trade or shipping? With who? How do they do this?
  37. Are there any common domesticated animals used as livestock, labor or transport? How did this happen? Are they common place?
  38. Are symbols a significant aspect of life? If they are, what are symbols, what do they mean? Are certain symbols worn?
  39. How much social mobility is there? Is it easy to move between the classes? How would one go about it?
  40. Is there any flora or fauna specific to your lair? How does the ecosystem work?

Pinglist:
@/After @/CosmicNight @/SashaFiredrake @/Vierdz @/PieOfDeath @/GreatLordHades @/Heeroku @/Mnkn10 @/Sanddollar @/BlackwatchGenji @/Sanati @/TheSoapyDolphin @/SariStar @/chantric @/Graceless @/Pufferheart
A hub where you can post your answers can be found here
(dj khaled voice) another one
Character Building Questions Here
If you do end up answering these, I'd love a ping!
I plan on doing more in the future, so if you're interested I can add you to the pinglist, just ask :>
edit: forgot to add, I'm subscribed, so no need to @ me
Those who asked for a ping:
@After @CosmicNight @SashaFiredrake @Vierdz @PieOfDeath @GreatLordHades @Heeroku @Mnkn10 @Sanddollar @BlackwatchGenji @Sanati @TheSoapyDolphin @SariStar @hantric @Graceless @Pufferheart

1. Write from the perspective of an outsider of your lair, what is their first impression? How have they discovered this group? How are they greeted?
  2. Is there a class difference in your lair? If so, how do the ‘lower’ ranks of their society live? If not, how do they maintain equity?
  3. How is discipline dealt out? Is there a legal system? Fair trial? Vigilantism?
  4. Are there any important figures in history involved in your lair? Who are they and why are they significant?
  5. How has history constructed & molded your lair’s culture, morals and ideals, if at all?
  6. What are some unspoken rules? What happens if they are broken? Why are they in place?
  7. What do your lair members do for entertainment, at both a personal & societal level?
  8. What is your lair’s attitude to nature? How does it work in reference to their architecture? Is pollution a issue?
  9. What is the political climate? What are some issues currently in the public’s eye?
  10. Are there any customs around hatching? Who is present? Is their any members who specialize in the care of eggs or hatchlings? Are eggs ever hatched too early?
  11. Are there any gestures present? Similar to our waves, nods, etc
  12. Does your lair have any slang, insults or jargon? If so, what is it, what is it’s origin, use and is it exclusively used by certain groups?
  13. Are there any specific greetings or goodbyes present? Does it differ at times, events or relations? Where do these greetings/goodbyes originate?
  14. What level of technology do they have available to them? Is it similar to ours, or specially adapted to solve issues relative to their world? If so, who has made this technology available to them?
  15. How do religious beliefs play a role in everyday life? Is there an organised clergy?
  16. Who holds authority or is looked up to in their society? Do they hold any real power, or is it more of a concept?
  17. What values or traits are sought after? Does it vary from species to species? What will some do to achieve these aspects of themselves?
  18. Does your society have folk tales, mythology, traditional rituals? Where do they originate? Do they have any truth to them?
  19. What is considered a ‘nuclear’ family (basic social unit)? What is considered ‘extended’ family?
  20. Are there any rights of passage or milestones that a generally accepted or striven for? Are there different standards for different genders or breeds?
  21. Are there any customs around death or the afterlife? Who preforms these? Is their life mourned, celebrated or something different?
  22. What, if any, foods are considered a delicacy? How is food prepared? Is there any forbidden or taboo foods?
  23. What is considered courteous? How do you treat a guest to your home?
  24. What is your societies ideas regarding unity, do they have ‘marriage’ or something similar? Do they stay partners for life? Are friendships exclusively platonic?
  25. Is there a system of education similar to ours? How do characters learn trade, skills, etc?
  26. Is everyone literate? Are there different languages or dialect? Are books freely available in libraries, or restricted?
  27. Are there any standards for food, service or care? Who enforces this, if anyone?
  28. What do they use for currency? Is it a trade system? Why has this been specifically chosen?
  29. Are there any games played by the younger members of society? Nursery Rhymes?
  30. Are there any specific genres of music originating in your lair? What does this involve?
  31. Are there any restrictions on magic or spells? What and why? If not, does this cause any issues?
  32. How is defense handled? How is this enforced? Is there voluntary service or are they drafted?
  33. How is apparel treated? Does certain apparel indicate a rank, class or job?
  34. Is there any opposition or conflict from outside sources? How does this affect your group? Do they take a pacifist or militarism approach?
  35. Is imperialism, nationalism or similar ideologies present or enacted? What is the general response to these thoughts? Are they the majority?
  36. Does your lair participate in trade or shipping? With who? How do they do this?
  37. Are there any common domesticated animals used as livestock, labor or transport? How did this happen? Are they common place?
  38. Are symbols a significant aspect of life? If they are, what are symbols, what do they mean? Are certain symbols worn?
  39. How much social mobility is there? Is it easy to move between the classes? How would one go about it?
  40. Is there any flora or fauna specific to your lair? How does the ecosystem work?

Pinglist:
@/After @/CosmicNight @/SashaFiredrake @/Vierdz @/PieOfDeath @/GreatLordHades @/Heeroku @/Mnkn10 @/Sanddollar @/BlackwatchGenji @/Sanati @/TheSoapyDolphin @/SariStar @/chantric @/Graceless @/Pufferheart
@Krakatoaa
Self ping for future use!
@Krakatoaa
Self ping for future use!
DF0mFPF.gifppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Bee/Toa
She/Her
FR+3
vzbvikX.png
if only I had the time for this :'D this is a wonderful resource thank you
if only I had the time for this :'D this is a wonderful resource thank you
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Venny
Thank you, it's no problem! Hope you get a chance to use it c:
@Venny
Thank you, it's no problem! Hope you get a chance to use it c:
@Alvis
Pinging so I can come back to this later! This is a neat set of questions. :O
@Alvis
Pinging so I can come back to this later! This is a neat set of questions. :O

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
It seems like the link to the answer hub is broken.
@Alvis
It seems like the link to the answer hub is broken.
@Alvis
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
@OreoMilkshake
Yeah... I had post on the hub that I was working on, but welp, it's gone now.
@OreoMilkshake
Yeah... I had post on the hub that I was working on, but welp, it's gone now.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
@Alvis
Oops I'm not sure why I pinged you. But maybe we can make a new hub?

I meant to ping @Cryptids
@Alvis
Oops I'm not sure why I pinged you. But maybe we can make a new hub?

I meant to ping @Cryptids
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
Mark for future use. What great questions!
Mark for future use. What great questions!
grMuQkF.png
@Alvis @OreoMilkshake the hub is actually still around! it got moved from FRD to Creative Corner and OP hasn't updated the link yet; it's currently here.
@Alvis @OreoMilkshake the hub is actually still around! it got moved from FRD to Creative Corner and OP hasn't updated the link yet; it's currently here.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 3