Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 40 FR Character Development Questions
1 2 3 4 5
A hub where you can post your answers can be found here
Hey, some folks on Tumblr seemed to enjoy this, so I thought I'd share this here! Apologies if it's a bit long/is in the wrong forum.
I plan to do more in the future, so requests or feedback is much appreciated and encouraged.
Please tag me if you do happen to answer some of these prompts, I'd love to read them!
  1. What are the first impressions other have of them typically, and do they notice how others treat them as a result?
  2. How do they speak? In regards to tone, vocabulary, topics of choice.
  3. How do they react to conflict? Are they often the perpetrator, the pacifist, or neither?
  4. What are their sleeping habits? Do they fall asleep easily, hardly sleep at all, etc
  5. What is their relation to the gods & the associated religion?
  6. Do they have any strong opinions on any one thing? If so, how do they express said opinions?
  7. What is a motivator for your character?
  8. Does their personality ever clash with someone in their group? If so, do they do anything to resolve this?
  9. Pick one aspect, be it physical, emotional, psychological or otherwise of one character and go into depth about it.
  10. How do they feel about their parents, if they have any relation with them?
  11. How would your character react if given a gift they hated from a well-meaning associate?
  12. Who/what does your character look up to? Why?
  13. If your character found another character’s secret logs (diary, journal, etc), would they read them?
  14. What, if anything at all, fills this character’s time?
  15. On any given day, what could your character be found doing? What is their schedule?
  16. If forced to lie, what lie do you think they’d be most likely to tell?
  17. What would it take for your character to completely reconsider their core beliefs and morals?
  18. What is their attitude to parenthood? Do they desire it, fear it, etc?
  19. How does your character act when tired, hungry or upset? Do they take it out on others? Do they bottle it up?
  20. What interests, hobbies & viewpoints has your character discarded as they have aged? How do they feel about these aspects of their earlier self?
  21. Does your character have any opinion on those hatched out of found eggs? If yes, what is it?
  22. What is their emotional capacity? Do they struggle to be empathetic or do they often take on other’s problems as their own?
  23. What is their stance on authority, such as laws, rules, etc.
  24. What is something the character would find devastating if someone were to find out?
  25. What is your character’s opinions on breedchanges or those who have partaken in a breedchange?
  26. What is scatterscrolls/gene changes to your dragon? How do they feel about them?
  27. Does your character fit within the stereotype for their breed? If they don’t, how do more traditional members react or impose on them?
  28. Does your character having varying opinions on the basis of a breed’s commonality? If so, expand on those views?
  29. What do they think of others with unique eyes, such as rare or primal, if they are a dragon with different eyes, how has this impacted their life?
  30. What are some views that your character has which may be labeled as controversial? Do they openly express these views or instead keep it to themselves?
  31. Is there anything about your character that they would prefer to not be openly known?
  32. How do familiars work in regards to your character?
  33. Do they have any strong opinions about the coliseum, and those who take residency there?
  34. What do they think about history? Is it interesting, is it wrong, should it be forgotten?
  35. What does your character consider the most important aspect in a companion?
  36. How does your character feel about the celebrations, such as Brightshine Jubilee? Do they partake in them?
  37. If they are a guardian, how do they feel about the fact they need a charge? If they are not a guardian, what are their thoughts on charges?
  38. How would your character feel if chosen as a Guardian’s charge?
  39. Are their any seasonal changes, be it attitude, appearance, in your character? Such as Tundras’ varying fur
  40. Can your character write or read? If no, do they get help or simply deal with the consequences?

Pinglist:
@/After @/CosmicNight @/SashaFiredrake @/Vierdz @/PieOfDeath @/GreatLordHades @/Heeroku @/Mnkn10 @/Sanddollar @/BlackwatchGenji @/Sanati @/TheSoapyDolphin @/SariStar @/chantric @/Graceless @/Pufferheart

Edit: fixing some issues & chrome refusing to let me type
A hub where you can post your answers can be found here
Hey, some folks on Tumblr seemed to enjoy this, so I thought I'd share this here! Apologies if it's a bit long/is in the wrong forum.
I plan to do more in the future, so requests or feedback is much appreciated and encouraged.
Please tag me if you do happen to answer some of these prompts, I'd love to read them!
  1. What are the first impressions other have of them typically, and do they notice how others treat them as a result?
  2. How do they speak? In regards to tone, vocabulary, topics of choice.
  3. How do they react to conflict? Are they often the perpetrator, the pacifist, or neither?
  4. What are their sleeping habits? Do they fall asleep easily, hardly sleep at all, etc
  5. What is their relation to the gods & the associated religion?
  6. Do they have any strong opinions on any one thing? If so, how do they express said opinions?
  7. What is a motivator for your character?
  8. Does their personality ever clash with someone in their group? If so, do they do anything to resolve this?
  9. Pick one aspect, be it physical, emotional, psychological or otherwise of one character and go into depth about it.
  10. How do they feel about their parents, if they have any relation with them?
  11. How would your character react if given a gift they hated from a well-meaning associate?
  12. Who/what does your character look up to? Why?
  13. If your character found another character’s secret logs (diary, journal, etc), would they read them?
  14. What, if anything at all, fills this character’s time?
  15. On any given day, what could your character be found doing? What is their schedule?
  16. If forced to lie, what lie do you think they’d be most likely to tell?
  17. What would it take for your character to completely reconsider their core beliefs and morals?
  18. What is their attitude to parenthood? Do they desire it, fear it, etc?
  19. How does your character act when tired, hungry or upset? Do they take it out on others? Do they bottle it up?
  20. What interests, hobbies & viewpoints has your character discarded as they have aged? How do they feel about these aspects of their earlier self?
  21. Does your character have any opinion on those hatched out of found eggs? If yes, what is it?
  22. What is their emotional capacity? Do they struggle to be empathetic or do they often take on other’s problems as their own?
  23. What is their stance on authority, such as laws, rules, etc.
  24. What is something the character would find devastating if someone were to find out?
  25. What is your character’s opinions on breedchanges or those who have partaken in a breedchange?
  26. What is scatterscrolls/gene changes to your dragon? How do they feel about them?
  27. Does your character fit within the stereotype for their breed? If they don’t, how do more traditional members react or impose on them?
  28. Does your character having varying opinions on the basis of a breed’s commonality? If so, expand on those views?
  29. What do they think of others with unique eyes, such as rare or primal, if they are a dragon with different eyes, how has this impacted their life?
  30. What are some views that your character has which may be labeled as controversial? Do they openly express these views or instead keep it to themselves?
  31. Is there anything about your character that they would prefer to not be openly known?
  32. How do familiars work in regards to your character?
  33. Do they have any strong opinions about the coliseum, and those who take residency there?
  34. What do they think about history? Is it interesting, is it wrong, should it be forgotten?
  35. What does your character consider the most important aspect in a companion?
  36. How does your character feel about the celebrations, such as Brightshine Jubilee? Do they partake in them?
  37. If they are a guardian, how do they feel about the fact they need a charge? If they are not a guardian, what are their thoughts on charges?
  38. How would your character feel if chosen as a Guardian’s charge?
  39. Are their any seasonal changes, be it attitude, appearance, in your character? Such as Tundras’ varying fur
  40. Can your character write or read? If no, do they get help or simply deal with the consequences?

Pinglist:
@/After @/CosmicNight @/SashaFiredrake @/Vierdz @/PieOfDeath @/GreatLordHades @/Heeroku @/Mnkn10 @/Sanddollar @/BlackwatchGenji @/Sanati @/TheSoapyDolphin @/SariStar @/chantric @/Graceless @/Pufferheart

Edit: fixing some issues & chrome refusing to let me type
@Cryptids *eyes emoji* oooOOOOOH THESE ARE GOOD i am definitely going to be throwing these at several dragons omg

could you ping me if you ever add to the list/make other lists/etc.? :D
@Cryptids *eyes emoji* oooOOOOOH THESE ARE GOOD i am definitely going to be throwing these at several dragons omg

could you ping me if you ever add to the list/make other lists/etc.? :D
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After
I'm glad you like them! I'd love to see how you interpret the questions.
Will ping you for sure
@After
I'm glad you like them! I'd love to see how you interpret the questions.
Will ping you for sure
Ooh this is very helpful, I love it! May I also be added to the pinglist?
Ooh this is very helpful, I love it! May I also be added to the pinglist?
@CosmicNight
Thank you! I'll add you now
@CosmicNight
Thank you! I'll add you now
Could I be added to a pinglist?? These are nice.
Could I be added to a pinglist?? These are nice.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@SashaFiredrake
Added! Tyvm
@SashaFiredrake
Added! Tyvm
many interesting things wowie!!
many interesting things wowie!!
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
This is too long a list to apply thoroughly to anysensibly sized lair but I'm seriously considering numbering them and using an RNG to pick a couple for each of my dragons...
This is too long a list to apply thoroughly to anysensibly sized lair but I'm seriously considering numbering them and using an RNG to pick a couple for each of my dragons...
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
Oooo, I like these a lot, I'd like to be added to the pinglist too please!
Oooo, I like these a lot, I'd like to be added to the pinglist too please!
3xOkhKh.jpg
1 2 3 4 5