Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Specific Dragon Jobs?
1 2 3
@lovebite

these are amazing keep them coming omg
@lovebite

these are amazing keep them coming omg
sig115_by_dingobreath-dcn58p6.png
@MaskofKeter great ideas!! I honestly snickered a lil, I don't know why, but your ideas made me image a water dragon as a plumber.
@MaskofKeter great ideas!! I honestly snickered a lil, I don't know why, but your ideas made me image a water dragon as a plumber.
@reliquiaen not sure if you're interested in seeing this, but with your idea, i did make a hydrotherapy physical therapist. i'm actually quite excited to get her all decked out for her new job. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41121490] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411215/41121490_350.png[/img] [/url]
@reliquiaen not sure if you're interested in seeing this, but with your idea, i did make a hydrotherapy physical therapist. i'm actually quite excited to get her all decked out for her new job.

41121490_350.png
Bless this thread.
Bless this thread.
4fhnuyq.gif.................

- Serena - she/her - ENTJ - author-
Hi, I love the stars and I'm not in Arcane, shocker.
Dragon Search Thread
Wishlist
FR time +2
mK4Wrg9.giftGcXdLv.gif
F8WMfQz.pngeGiN2Xv.png
@excessnight
oh i'm always here for cool lore! she's wonderful i love her so much! will for sure be sending any injured dragons to her for treatment yes. ;u;
@excessnight
oh i'm always here for cool lore! she's wonderful i love her so much! will for sure be sending any injured dragons to her for treatment yes. ;u;
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
@lovebite @reliquiaen @Alphanix @MaskofKeter @KingHarry @Aldia @BashfulBat

Sorry for the ping, guys, but since you posted here I thought you'd might be interested. I did a little more researching and how about:

Water Dragons as naval architects. Sure, you've got Earth dragons who would research everything on Sornieth, but what about under the sea? There has to be things that are still unknown. I'm sure the Light Flight is dying to know. There's nothing that should be left out of their record books.

Shipwrights - Nobody knows the sea better than the Tidelord, so why wouldn't his children? He created Guardians, one of the largest and strongest breeds on all of Sornieth. You need strong dragons to build beautiful ships. Not only that, but you need someone who knows the sea like the back of their hand paw. Someone who knows what dangers are out there and what their vessels need to be able to face.

if I have more I'll let you know, but it's late here and I'm out of ideas.
@lovebite @reliquiaen @Alphanix @MaskofKeter @KingHarry @Aldia @BashfulBat

Sorry for the ping, guys, but since you posted here I thought you'd might be interested. I did a little more researching and how about:

Water Dragons as naval architects. Sure, you've got Earth dragons who would research everything on Sornieth, but what about under the sea? There has to be things that are still unknown. I'm sure the Light Flight is dying to know. There's nothing that should be left out of their record books.

Shipwrights - Nobody knows the sea better than the Tidelord, so why wouldn't his children? He created Guardians, one of the largest and strongest breeds on all of Sornieth. You need strong dragons to build beautiful ships. Not only that, but you need someone who knows the sea like the back of their hand paw. Someone who knows what dangers are out there and what their vessels need to be able to face.

if I have more I'll let you know, but it's late here and I'm out of ideas.
Don't mind the ping at all! I'm always up for more Water lore ideas. Just like here on Earth, I think the sea in Sornieth is just full of unexplored possibilities and underwater worlds totally different from the one we live in c:
Don't mind the ping at all! I'm always up for more Water lore ideas. Just like here on Earth, I think the sea in Sornieth is just full of unexplored possibilities and underwater worlds totally different from the one we live in c:
8ZHLRVU.png

ELPHAEL
...he/they...
FR time + 3
I6jEjhp.png x OHvqVtK.png

TLcyt8d.png
We need more Shadow jobs. Any ideas??
We need more Shadow jobs. Any ideas??
Okay, I got a lot of ideas here, bear with me

Arcane
Radiologist/chemotherapy expert
-Lots of magical radiation in the Starfall Isles, they can use that in the treatment of different cancers. Or maybe find a less harmful way to do x-rays or MRIs.
Mythbuster
-If you've seen the show, then you know it's full of crazy experiments, explosions, and lots of shennanigans. That is such a total Arcane thing to do, plus I'm sure they've got a lot of science-y myths they can cover.
Geologist
-I'm sure there are a lot of interesting natural phenomena, how their experiments affect the land would be something cool to study.
Rare disease expert
-Again, fallout of experiments would have effects on dragons that would be study-able.
Life insurance agent
-Arcanist caused the apocalypse twice. No further explanation necessary.

Plague
Genetic engineer
-Their thing is survival, right? They can adjust the genes of certain animals and see how that better suits their survival either in the wold or in the lab.
Evolution researcher
-One of the bases for the theory of evolution is survival of the fittest, so I'm sure Plague would be all about it.
Pharmacist/pharmaceutical researcher
-Who says Plague has to just cause disease? With all the research they do, I;m sure they have vaccines, antidotes, antivenoms, and medicines galore.
Virus production
-Sometimes, companies create new strains of existing diseases to see what might happen if something mutates, and then they create a vaccine for it so that we're ready just in case.

Fire
Firefighter
-You'd think this would be a job for Water, but if Fire flihgt dragons are pyrokinetic then they could be very useful in controlling the blaze. Plus, if they're immune to fire, then they could go save others trapped inside burning buildings without endangering themselves.
Vulcanologist
-Vulcanologists study volcanoes, and the Fire flight lives in one. I'm sure there are lots of things for them to study.
Geothermal power expert
-Geothermal power is using the heat from volcanoes to power a power plant, and is one of many green energy alternatives.
Chemical engineer
-Chemical engineers design so much, and there are a lot who specialize in metal alloys. Fire deals with many different types of metals, so an engineer who could design new ones with different properties would be really handy.
Potter
-Easy kiln access, plus probably more acute temperature control.

Earth
Librarian
-These guys are known for travelling the world, so they have tons of knowledge to share.
Archaeologist/paleontologist
-Digging up bones and artifacts would be much easier with the help of someone who can control rock. It would be much easier to dig things up undamaged, plus digs would probably go a lot faster.
Supernatural researcher
-According to the world map and the Earth BOTE story, there are some pretty scary things that can go on down in the caverns, who says they're not the work of ghosts?
Wildlife protection advocate
-A lot of cave-dwelling creatures are very easily threatened by change since they're so specialized to their specific habitat, and I don't think any self-respecting Earth dragon would let their native species go extinct.
Daredevil rock climber/free climber
-Rock climbing is a popular extreme sport, and there are a lot of places in Dragonhome that would be ideal spots. Remove the ropes and do free climbing for extra daredevil-y-ness.
Spelunker
-Spelunkers explore caves. Enough said.
Cave diver
-One of the most dangerous kinds of diving because of all the tiny spaces. Another extreme sport like rock climbing, probably a lot of good spots to do this near the northern ocean.

Light
Archivist
-Light also has a lot of knowledge, so they need someone to store it away and keep track of it.
Astronomer
-Astronomy relies a lot on different spectrums of light, and who better than members of the Light flight to detect it? Different waves, such as radio waves, gamma, ultraviolet, and x-rays are all made up of photons, which is the same thing as visible light.
Lens maker
-Lenses capture light, and I'm sure a Light dragon would be best qualified to make sure they do their job right. They could also craft special lenses for the astronomers' telescopes.
Calligraphist/illustrator
-Someone's got to make all those scrolls pretty, right?
Architect/interior designer
-Light is a really important aspect of both of these professions, as the way light falls in a space can really change a lot about it.
Watch maker
-Time seems to be important to the Light flight, after all their largest region is a sundial.

Wind
Wind turbine engineer
-Wind turbines generate green power, and Wind would definitely be the best territory for them, so there would probably be a lot of engineers there to make sure things go smoothly.
Aerospace engineer
-Aerospace engineers design things that fly, and airflow is a really important factor. Wind dragons would probably have an uncanny ability to sense if something is right, plus they could be their own wind tunnels!
Meteorologist
-The air is really important in predicting weather, as everything from wind direction and temperature to air pressure could change how the weather is behaving. Wind dragons can sense this, so it would be easier for them to interpret the weather.
Storm chaser
-Who better to try and survive a tornado than those who live in one?

Nature
Arborist
-Arborists grow trees and meticulously prune them into certain shapes, and Nature dragons could help speed along the process.
Landscaper
-Those with an eye for detail could easily design and grow new yards and gardens.
Botanist
-Nature knows best what plants need, and botanists are the ones who figure out how to specialize and breed new plants while still keeping them healthy.

Lightning
Electrical engineer/electrician
-Lightning is electricity, which would make it easy to help run circuits.
Gunsmith
-More of a player oriented thing, but exalt cannons are a very Lightning thing and guns just seem like a logical step from there.
Barista
-Coffee

Water
Underwater welder
-Anything made of metal needs to be attached somehow, and a lot of things that go underwater are built underwater. For whoever is doing the welding, it's a good idea to be able to breathe underwater so you don't have to worry about bringing oxygen with you.
Physical therapist
-Physical therapy in water is actually very common for leg and spinal injuries, as it allows the use of the muscles without putting too much weight on them. Much less common, but it is also helpful for paraplegics.
Cave diver
-They can go swimming with their Earth buddies!
Oceanologist
-They live on the ocean, obviously they're going to want to study and protect it.
Marine biologist
-The creatures that live in the ocean, too.
Aquaculture/aquaponics/hydroponics
-All of these have to do with growing plants in an aquatic environment, which Water dragons would excel at.
Submarine crew
-No need to worry about flooding procedures, everyone can breathe underwater.
Oil drillers
-Water knows the ocean best, so they'd know exactly where to drill and they'd have the skills to make sure nothing leaks out into the ocean.
Salt merchants
-Salt is used in literally every food, and Water has a lot of it. It would be really profitable to be able to strain it from the seawater and refine it to sell.
Fisherman
-Yes, a lot of the other territories border the ocean, but the Sea of a Thousand Currents is rich with life and probably has a lot of kinds of fish that don't live elsewhere.

Ice
Sculptor
-Ice sculpture contests are a winter activity in a lot of places. Considering the Southern Icefield is frozen year-round, there are probably many dragons that make a living like this.
Architect
-Somebody's gotta design all those prisons. Plus - ice hotels!
Ice hauler
-It doesn't look like a lot of the other territories get cold enough to really freeze since the Sea of a Thousand Currents has to be warm enough to sustain life, so Ice has to have people that deliver ice to other territories.

Shadow
Toy maker
-Shadow dragons know how to have fun.
Con artist
-Requires a lot of skill in deception and psychology, and puzzles are a good idea to know, too.
Baker
-The stereotypical Shadow food is cookies, right?
Fungiculturist
-Fungiculturists grow mushrooms, and Shadow has the ideal conditions.
Firefly breeder
-Okay this is a weird one, but firefly populations are dwindling and Shadow is dark enough for pairs to find each other easily.
Okay, I got a lot of ideas here, bear with me

Arcane
Radiologist/chemotherapy expert
-Lots of magical radiation in the Starfall Isles, they can use that in the treatment of different cancers. Or maybe find a less harmful way to do x-rays or MRIs.
Mythbuster
-If you've seen the show, then you know it's full of crazy experiments, explosions, and lots of shennanigans. That is such a total Arcane thing to do, plus I'm sure they've got a lot of science-y myths they can cover.
Geologist
-I'm sure there are a lot of interesting natural phenomena, how their experiments affect the land would be something cool to study.
Rare disease expert
-Again, fallout of experiments would have effects on dragons that would be study-able.
Life insurance agent

Plague
Genetic engineer
-Their thing is survival, right? They can adjust the genes of certain animals and see how that better suits their survival either in the wold or in the lab.
Evolution researcher
-One of the bases for the theory of evolution is survival of the fittest, so I'm sure Plague would be all about it.
Pharmacist/pharmaceutical researcher
-Who says Plague has to just cause disease? With all the research they do, I;m sure they have vaccines, antidotes, antivenoms, and medicines galore.
Virus production
-Sometimes, companies create new strains of existing diseases to see what might happen if something mutates, and then they create a vaccine for it so that we're ready just in case.

Fire
Firefighter
-You'd think this would be a job for Water, but if Fire flihgt dragons are pyrokinetic then they could be very useful in controlling the blaze. Plus, if they're immune to fire, then they could go save others trapped inside burning buildings without endangering themselves.
Vulcanologist
-Vulcanologists study volcanoes, and the Fire flight lives in one. I'm sure there are lots of things for them to study.
Geothermal power expert
-Geothermal power is using the heat from volcanoes to power a power plant, and is one of many green energy alternatives.
Chemical engineer
-Chemical engineers design so much, and there are a lot who specialize in metal alloys. Fire deals with many different types of metals, so an engineer who could design new ones with different properties would be really handy.
Potter
-Easy kiln access, plus probably more acute temperature control.

Earth
Librarian
-These guys are known for travelling the world, so they have tons of knowledge to share.
Archaeologist/paleontologist
-Digging up bones and artifacts would be much easier with the help of someone who can control rock. It would be much easier to dig things up undamaged, plus digs would probably go a lot faster.
Supernatural researcher
-According to the world map and the Earth BOTE story, there are some pretty scary things that can go on down in the caverns, who says they're not the work of ghosts?
Wildlife protection advocate
-A lot of cave-dwelling creatures are very easily threatened by change since they're so specialized to their specific habitat, and I don't think any self-respecting Earth dragon would let their native species go extinct.
Daredevil rock climber/free climber
-Rock climbing is a popular extreme sport, and there are a lot of places in Dragonhome that would be ideal spots. Remove the ropes and do free climbing for extra daredevil-y-ness.
Spelunker
-Spelunkers explore caves. Enough said.
Cave diver
-One of the most dangerous kinds of diving because of all the tiny spaces. Another extreme sport like rock climbing, probably a lot of good spots to do this near the northern ocean.

Light
Archivist
-Light also has a lot of knowledge, so they need someone to store it away and keep track of it.
Astronomer
-Astronomy relies a lot on different spectrums of light, and who better than members of the Light flight to detect it? Different waves, such as radio waves, gamma, ultraviolet, and x-rays are all made up of photons, which is the same thing as visible light.
Lens maker
-Lenses capture light, and I'm sure a Light dragon would be best qualified to make sure they do their job right. They could also craft special lenses for the astronomers' telescopes.
Calligraphist/illustrator
-Someone's got to make all those scrolls pretty, right?
Architect/interior designer
-Light is a really important aspect of both of these professions, as the way light falls in a space can really change a lot about it.
Watch maker
-Time seems to be important to the Light flight, after all their largest region is a sundial.

Wind
Wind turbine engineer
-Wind turbines generate green power, and Wind would definitely be the best territory for them, so there would probably be a lot of engineers there to make sure things go smoothly.
Aerospace engineer
-Aerospace engineers design things that fly, and airflow is a really important factor. Wind dragons would probably have an uncanny ability to sense if something is right, plus they could be their own wind tunnels!
Meteorologist
-The air is really important in predicting weather, as everything from wind direction and temperature to air pressure could change how the weather is behaving. Wind dragons can sense this, so it would be easier for them to interpret the weather.
Storm chaser
-Who better to try and survive a tornado than those who live in one?

Nature
Arborist
-Arborists grow trees and meticulously prune them into certain shapes, and Nature dragons could help speed along the process.
Landscaper
-Those with an eye for detail could easily design and grow new yards and gardens.
Botanist
-Nature knows best what plants need, and botanists are the ones who figure out how to specialize and breed new plants while still keeping them healthy.

Lightning
Electrical engineer/electrician
-Lightning is electricity, which would make it easy to help run circuits.
Gunsmith
-More of a player oriented thing, but exalt cannons are a very Lightning thing and guns just seem like a logical step from there.
Barista
-Coffee

Water
Underwater welder
-Anything made of metal needs to be attached somehow, and a lot of things that go underwater are built underwater. For whoever is doing the welding, it's a good idea to be able to breathe underwater so you don't have to worry about bringing oxygen with you.
Physical therapist
-Physical therapy in water is actually very common for leg and spinal injuries, as it allows the use of the muscles without putting too much weight on them. Much less common, but it is also helpful for paraplegics.
Cave diver
-They can go swimming with their Earth buddies!
Oceanologist
-They live on the ocean, obviously they're going to want to study and protect it.
Marine biologist
-The creatures that live in the ocean, too.
Aquaculture/aquaponics/hydroponics
-All of these have to do with growing plants in an aquatic environment, which Water dragons would excel at.
Submarine crew
-No need to worry about flooding procedures, everyone can breathe underwater.
Oil drillers
-Water knows the ocean best, so they'd know exactly where to drill and they'd have the skills to make sure nothing leaks out into the ocean.
Salt merchants
-Salt is used in literally every food, and Water has a lot of it. It would be really profitable to be able to strain it from the seawater and refine it to sell.
Fisherman
-Yes, a lot of the other territories border the ocean, but the Sea of a Thousand Currents is rich with life and probably has a lot of kinds of fish that don't live elsewhere.

Ice
Sculptor
-Ice sculpture contests are a winter activity in a lot of places. Considering the Southern Icefield is frozen year-round, there are probably many dragons that make a living like this.
Architect
-Somebody's gotta design all those prisons. Plus - ice hotels!
Ice hauler
-It doesn't look like a lot of the other territories get cold enough to really freeze since the Sea of a Thousand Currents has to be warm enough to sustain life, so Ice has to have people that deliver ice to other territories.

Shadow
Toy maker
-Shadow dragons know how to have fun.
Con artist
-Requires a lot of skill in deception and psychology, and puzzles are a good idea to know, too.
Baker
-The stereotypical Shadow food is cookies, right?
Fungiculturist
-Fungiculturists grow mushrooms, and Shadow has the ideal conditions.
Firefly breeder
-Okay this is a weird one, but firefly populations are dwindling and Shadow is dark enough for pairs to find each other easily.
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
@Amaranth41 !!! great stuff. i don't know if you saw, but someone else offered the idea of hydrotherapy and i used it for one of my dragons. on another note, i am completely down with light dragons being watchmakers, but some part of me says lightning dragons would too, same goes with the barista. i don't know if you were apart of the any of june's festivities but it was bakery themed, so headcanon now is that light is very dessert themed. for your wind idea, i totally see a spiral being a storm chaser trying to catch the tornado. "i can do it helen, i can do it!" "NO, NO YOU CAN'T." [quote=Amaranth41]Life insurance agent -Arcanist caused the apocalypse twice. No further explanation necessary.[/quote] this. this is what i've been waiting for. also totally down for vulcanologists. that seems like a great job for fire dragons, i never thought of it. and a plague phramacist sounds like a great idea. thanks for your input!!
@Amaranth41 !!! great stuff. i don't know if you saw, but someone else offered the idea of hydrotherapy and i used it for one of my dragons.

on another note, i am completely down with light dragons being watchmakers, but some part of me says lightning dragons would too, same goes with the barista. i don't know if you were apart of the any of june's festivities but it was bakery themed, so headcanon now is that light is very dessert themed.

for your wind idea, i totally see a spiral being a storm chaser trying to catch the tornado. "i can do it helen, i can do it!"
"NO, NO YOU CAN'T."
Amaranth41 wrote:
Life insurance agent

this. this is what i've been waiting for.

also totally down for vulcanologists. that seems like a great job for fire dragons, i never thought of it. and a plague phramacist sounds like a great idea.

thanks for your input!!
1 2 3