Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47
I'm so ready for this!!
I'm so ready for this!!
Thank you so much for setting this up; this is a fantastic idea! ^^
Thank you so much for setting this up; this is a fantastic idea! ^^
CwvG2K8.gifu1yQTa6.gifF3LFtO5.gif6v7Mvy4.gif
I love this! I'm trying to crack down and finish/redo/revamp my clan's lore, so I'm sure this will give me some great ideas!

I went ahead and added myself for all lore updates.
I love this! I'm trying to crack down and finish/redo/revamp my clan's lore, so I'm sure this will give me some great ideas!

I went ahead and added myself for all lore updates.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@SilverFoxDemon @Jupiteru @Chlorophyllis @Lunakitty @mnkn10 @P4810 @MurEyeUh @starblaziing @Artorias

Ahhhh, thank you all! :D I'm honestly so excited to see all of these positive responses to Lorenieth. I hope it ends up meeting (or exceeding!) all of your expectations!

@Zuron

I'm familiar with that drama, and will definitely consider making a pinglist (or set of pinglists) for "Lorenieth's Travelers!" However, I'm concerned because I'm not sure if I can manage and seek out interesting lore discussion threads by myself while also producing discussion prompt posts based on member submissions. As much as I'd love to start on this right away, for now I think I'd rather wait until I have two or three thread volunteers who could help out or perhaps even manage the "traveling pinglist(s)." ^^

That, or maybe members of "Lorenieth's Travelers" could ping me and/or one or more volunteers if they find such lore threads? In that case, after a volunteer or I look at it, we could paste the relevant traveling pinglist(s) by request. I still think I would still want volunteers to help for such instances, but I'm also open to that as a possibility!

If you have (or if anyone else reading this has) any feedback, concerns, or ideas on how to configure or manage one or more traveling pinglists, feel free to throw them my way. :D Thank you very much for your suggestion!
@SilverFoxDemon @Jupiteru @Chlorophyllis @Lunakitty @mnkn10 @P4810 @MurEyeUh @starblaziing @Artorias

Ahhhh, thank you all! :D I'm honestly so excited to see all of these positive responses to Lorenieth. I hope it ends up meeting (or exceeding!) all of your expectations!

@Zuron

I'm familiar with that drama, and will definitely consider making a pinglist (or set of pinglists) for "Lorenieth's Travelers!" However, I'm concerned because I'm not sure if I can manage and seek out interesting lore discussion threads by myself while also producing discussion prompt posts based on member submissions. As much as I'd love to start on this right away, for now I think I'd rather wait until I have two or three thread volunteers who could help out or perhaps even manage the "traveling pinglist(s)." ^^

That, or maybe members of "Lorenieth's Travelers" could ping me and/or one or more volunteers if they find such lore threads? In that case, after a volunteer or I look at it, we could paste the relevant traveling pinglist(s) by request. I still think I would still want volunteers to help for such instances, but I'm also open to that as a possibility!

If you have (or if anyone else reading this has) any feedback, concerns, or ideas on how to configure or manage one or more traveling pinglists, feel free to throw them my way. :D Thank you very much for your suggestion!
@Dreamnorn

It will likely go a lot easier once you have some Mods. Would you like me to ping you when I see some nice lore threads?
@Dreamnorn

It will likely go a lot easier once you have some Mods. Would you like me to ping you when I see some nice lore threads?
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Let me know when you get those graphics so i can put them on my main hub to link back to you more easly. =D

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

If the user who posted this message whom isn't catgame21234 still has this on their post for they didn't delete the ping list. They're a weeny
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @Ragnell @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @Bluwingskitty @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Cringeworthi @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari
@MidnightWatcher @Xalkile @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Boolean @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff
@Kamme @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Bluwingskitty

Let me know when you get those graphics so i can put them on my main hub to link back to you more easly. =D

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

If the user who posted this message whom isn't catgame21234 still has this on their post for they didn't delete the ping list. They're a weeny
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @Ragnell @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @Bluwingskitty @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Cringeworthi @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari
@MidnightWatcher @Xalkile @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Boolean @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff
@Kamme @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Bluwingskitty

ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name="Dreamnorn" date="2018-03-29 12:56:37" ] Aaaaaand, everyone's free to post. :D For now I'd like to use this thread to take public feedback, especially regarding the guidelines and prompt submissions, before Lorenieth's first official discussion prompt goes live on April 1st, 2018 -- and yes, that date is no joke! [/quote] @Dreamnorn also just want to say… just in terms of timing? April first may not be a good day because everyone will be at shocked with the April fools date that people want to make rather aim for April 2nd and as a boon have the conversation focus around how you can use whatever april fools day prank the staff made as serious lore. That way your thread gets more traction and you are less discourage for the poor turn over rate. That's just my two cents. View it like a small indy video game company trying to release the same day as Mario Odyssey came out. Everyone and their mother is going to be talking about Mario over the small "nobody's " topic. Hope that helps you! also as for topics… [quote]The Site Lore Pinglist is for people who want to discuss official FR lore or polling for headcanons relating to it. Anything from the Lorebook section of the Encyclopedia, to the dragons in the Trading Post, to the map and even the gods themselves fall under this category. The Gene Lore Pinglist is for people who want to discuss lore possibilities and usages for certain genes. It could be a great way for people to get ideas for lore when you love a dragon but aren't sure how to incorporate their genes into the equation! The Breed Lore Pinglist is for people who want to discuss either official site lore for FR breeds or personal lore possibilities and usages for those breeds. This could also be a great way to share ideas! The User Lore Pinglist is for people who want to share their lore and discuss lore made by other members. This may be anything from how to incorporate different flight representatives to specific jobs around the lair to types of stories or characters. [/quote] There seems to be a lot of overlap between the "The Site Lore " with nearly every single one of the other categories. "The Site" umbrellas over the genes and breeds really well, and what if say a topic is about both breeds and deities? and how serious are the topics in question. From the presentation of the thread I am getting the impression it is more "fine cut" so does that limit submissions types? Will there be overlap in different topics pinged at once? Can you give me some examples of what threads/ conversations would be talked about? I'm just trying to think of any pitfall traps you may fall into wile running this. Better to work out the kinks now rather than later as they happen.
Dreamnorn wrote on 2018-03-29 12:56:37:
Aaaaaand, everyone's free to post. :D For now I'd like to use this thread to take public feedback, especially regarding the guidelines and prompt submissions, before Lorenieth's first official discussion prompt goes live on April 1st, 2018 -- and yes, that date is no joke!
@Dreamnorn
also just want to say…
just in terms of timing? April first may not be a good day because everyone will be at shocked with the April fools date that people want to make
rather aim for April 2nd and as a boon have the conversation focus around how you can use whatever april fools day prank the staff made as serious lore.
That way your thread gets more traction and you are less discourage for the poor turn over rate.

That's just my two cents. View it like a small indy video game company trying to release the same day as Mario Odyssey came out. Everyone and their mother is going to be talking about Mario over the small "nobody's " topic.
Hope that helps you!

also as for topics…
Quote:
The Site Lore Pinglist is for people who want to discuss official FR lore or polling for headcanons relating to it. Anything from the Lorebook section of the Encyclopedia, to the dragons in the Trading Post, to the map and even the gods themselves fall under this category.

The Gene Lore Pinglist is for people who want to discuss lore possibilities and usages for certain genes. It could be a great way for people to get ideas for lore when you love a dragon but aren't sure how to incorporate their genes into the equation!

The Breed Lore Pinglist is for people who want to discuss either official site lore for FR breeds or personal lore possibilities and usages for those breeds. This could also be a great way to share ideas!

The User Lore Pinglist is for people who want to share their lore and discuss lore made by other members. This may be anything from how to incorporate different flight representatives to specific jobs around the lair to types of stories or characters.

There seems to be a lot of overlap between the "The Site Lore " with nearly every single one of the other categories. "The Site" umbrellas over the genes and breeds really well, and what if say a topic is about both breeds and deities?
and how serious are the topics in question. From the presentation of the thread I am getting the impression it is more "fine cut" so does that limit submissions types? Will there be overlap in different topics pinged at once?
Can you give me some examples of what threads/ conversations would be talked about?

I'm just trying to think of any pitfall traps you may fall into wile running this. Better to work out the kinks now rather than later as they happen.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@Dreamnorn Thank you for creating this! The topics seem very clear, and it's very convenient to be able to pinged to specifically what we wish rather than everything =) Out of curiosity, have you considered talking to After, who runs Lore Whining? It seems like there could be a very healthy overlap between user lore and the lore whining thread!
@Dreamnorn Thank you for creating this! The topics seem very clear, and it's very convenient to be able to pinged to specifically what we wish rather than everything =) Out of curiosity, have you considered talking to After, who runs Lore Whining? It seems like there could be a very healthy overlap between user lore and the lore whining thread!
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
@catgame21234 I don't think there's anything wrong at all with the April 1st date. Why is that shocking to people? Beginning of the new month, beginning of a new experience. And site lore seems to pretty clearly apply to canon lore, like the stories that were released. It's not really confusing.
@catgame21234 I don't think there's anything wrong at all with the April 1st date. Why is that shocking to people? Beginning of the new month, beginning of a new experience. And site lore seems to pretty clearly apply to canon lore, like the stories that were released. It's not really confusing.
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
hello! i've added myself to the gene and user lore pinglists! i dont talk about my lore because it's pretty self-explanatory (and im too lazy jdkjdk), but i'd love to see if i could join in a conversation and talk about lore!
hello! i've added myself to the gene and user lore pinglists! i dont talk about my lore because it's pretty self-explanatory (and im too lazy jdkjdk), but i'd love to see if i could join in a conversation and talk about lore!
nature.gif SKOGUR
they/them

wishlist
artshop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47