Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite and least Favorite breed...
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Guardians, Mirrors, Wildclaws, and Banescale are my favourites (in no particular order).

I love Guardians because they are very protective (I relate), and I love the concept of them going on a Search and having a Charge (I'm a sucker for writing and lore, and this on its own has so much potential yesss). I also tend to favour more feral characters when it comes to things such as dragons, and I love the mental image of this furious Guardian wreaking havoc to protect its Charge, or perhaps in a blind rage after failing to protect said Charge.

Mirrors, going back to my point about loving feral characters, are l o v e l y, I adore them so much. The whole pack-mentality thing, and their hunger, and even just the tidbit about how actions tend to speak louder than words for them is y e s. They are so fun to write g o s h. Powerful and/or feral characters are my weakness I think.

Same idea with Wildclaws; they've got a strict hierarchy based around pure strength and fighting prowess, and aren't afraid to challenge just about anything, ready to fight head-on. Also, added bonus that they also tend to be artists (the lower ranking ones, anyway), because I, too, am an artist and like creating art *nodding*

Banescale... I just immediately fell in love with their design, and while in-lore they seem to be pretty mellowed out due to almost going extinct and whatnot, I love the musical side to them (I very much like music, and write my own songs on piano). Also they look like they could do some damage in a fight, I'm just sayin--

All in all, I just really like dangerous things I guess. Dragons that look like they could destroy stuff, and can seriously do some damage.

On the other end of the spectrum, I guess it kinda makes sense that Snappers are one of my least favourite breeds (not that I dislike them; they're nice, just not my cup of tea most of the time). They seem kinda harmless, and while I like a nice, stocky dragon, they look like they literally can't do anything. They can't fly, can't move very fast (I assume), are more defensive tank than dangerous fighter, and their "talons" aren't talons at all, just stumpy feet that are useless for using any sort of tool or anything and oof that really limits what I can do with them in a story.

Fae, Coatls, Imperials, and Tundras are also on the lower end of the favourite spectrum, though it's more about me not being a fan of their poses than actually disliking any of them.

In all honestly, I love all the dragon breeds on FR <3 They all have different opportunities and lore for me to use, and honestly, that's one of the main things I care about XD
Guardians, Mirrors, Wildclaws, and Banescale are my favourites (in no particular order).

I love Guardians because they are very protective (I relate), and I love the concept of them going on a Search and having a Charge (I'm a sucker for writing and lore, and this on its own has so much potential yesss). I also tend to favour more feral characters when it comes to things such as dragons, and I love the mental image of this furious Guardian wreaking havoc to protect its Charge, or perhaps in a blind rage after failing to protect said Charge.

Mirrors, going back to my point about loving feral characters, are l o v e l y, I adore them so much. The whole pack-mentality thing, and their hunger, and even just the tidbit about how actions tend to speak louder than words for them is y e s. They are so fun to write g o s h. Powerful and/or feral characters are my weakness I think.

Same idea with Wildclaws; they've got a strict hierarchy based around pure strength and fighting prowess, and aren't afraid to challenge just about anything, ready to fight head-on. Also, added bonus that they also tend to be artists (the lower ranking ones, anyway), because I, too, am an artist and like creating art *nodding*

Banescale... I just immediately fell in love with their design, and while in-lore they seem to be pretty mellowed out due to almost going extinct and whatnot, I love the musical side to them (I very much like music, and write my own songs on piano). Also they look like they could do some damage in a fight, I'm just sayin--

All in all, I just really like dangerous things I guess. Dragons that look like they could destroy stuff, and can seriously do some damage.

On the other end of the spectrum, I guess it kinda makes sense that Snappers are one of my least favourite breeds (not that I dislike them; they're nice, just not my cup of tea most of the time). They seem kinda harmless, and while I like a nice, stocky dragon, they look like they literally can't do anything. They can't fly, can't move very fast (I assume), are more defensive tank than dangerous fighter, and their "talons" aren't talons at all, just stumpy feet that are useless for using any sort of tool or anything and oof that really limits what I can do with them in a story.

Fae, Coatls, Imperials, and Tundras are also on the lower end of the favourite spectrum, though it's more about me not being a fan of their poses than actually disliking any of them.

In all honestly, I love all the dragon breeds on FR <3 They all have different opportunities and lore for me to use, and honestly, that's one of the main things I care about XD
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Favorite is probably Spirals, though Tundras are a close second.

Least favorite is either Wildclaws or Imperials. They're both so dang boring to me.
Favorite is probably Spirals, though Tundras are a close second.

Least favorite is either Wildclaws or Imperials. They're both so dang boring to me.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
My favorite are Cotals my least favorites are ridgebacks the males are just so ugly I can’t stand it
My favorite are Cotals my least favorites are ridgebacks the males are just so ugly I can’t stand it
Don’t worry we shall have wonderful dreams,
and when we wake up it’ll be spring.
Favorite: Skydancer. They're super lanky and I'm a big fan of dragons w/ manes? PCs, WCs and Imps are also pretty high up there.

Least Fav: Tundra or Snapper. Nothing against them tbh but I just can't see myself having one? A bit too bulky for my tastes.
Favorite: Skydancer. They're super lanky and I'm a big fan of dragons w/ manes? PCs, WCs and Imps are also pretty high up there.

Least Fav: Tundra or Snapper. Nothing against them tbh but I just can't see myself having one? A bit too bulky for my tastes.
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
Ridgebacks are the best, y'all can fight me. Their snoots are adorable and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Another unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan of Coatls. Too soft for my tastes, I suppose. They don't seem like dragons, rather some sort of snake/goose hybrid (though I admit, that does sound terrifying).

Edit: Woah, looked back through some old responses and it seems Ridgies are more popular than I thought (or were, I suppose). Glad to see the spiky lads getting some love.
Ridgebacks are the best, y'all can fight me. Their snoots are adorable and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Another unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan of Coatls. Too soft for my tastes, I suppose. They don't seem like dragons, rather some sort of snake/goose hybrid (though I admit, that does sound terrifying).

Edit: Woah, looked back through some old responses and it seems Ridgies are more popular than I thought (or were, I suppose). Glad to see the spiky lads getting some love.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Favourite is either Imperials or Coatls. They pretty

Least favourite is probably Tundras. I don't mind them, but at the same time I don't really like them.
Favourite is either Imperials or Coatls. They pretty

Least favourite is probably Tundras. I don't mind them, but at the same time I don't really like them.
@Wriothesley | FR + 8 | Dragon Sales | 55627404.png
Favourites: Imperials and gaolers because I think they are beautiful and very well designed

Least favourite: Banescale because I dislike the design. Their lore is excellent, and they made me a lot of money, yes, but they just don't look nice to me
Favourites: Imperials and gaolers because I think they are beautiful and very well designed

Least favourite: Banescale because I dislike the design. Their lore is excellent, and they made me a lot of money, yes, but they just don't look nice to me
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
My favourite would have to be between coatls, skydancers, and pearlcatchers. Coatls because they're just adorable with their round snoots and short leggos, SDs because they just have a very elegant design that I can get behind, and pearlcatchers because i find the pearl detail pretty neat! My least favourite would be snappers. Don't get me wrong, I find the babies adorable, but something about the adult males always puts me off. I don't hate them, I'd just rather have another type! Much love! [emoji=coatl winking size=1]
My favourite would have to be between coatls, skydancers, and pearlcatchers. Coatls because they're just adorable with their round snoots and short leggos, SDs because they just have a very elegant design that I can get behind, and pearlcatchers because i find the pearl detail pretty neat!

My least favourite would be snappers. Don't get me wrong, I find the babies adorable, but something about the adult males always puts me off. I don't hate them, I'd just rather have another type! Much love!
.................... tB9HduT.gif
A P H E A

Sen | they/them | FR +9
Miscellaneous Tarots Hatchery
bwGVqSk.gif
Favorite: mirrors. I know a lot of people don't seem to like mirrors, but I have. So many of them. I love all different patterns and colors on them, I impulse buy them from the ah all the time, I just want a big pack of mirrors. Their design is very simple, but I feel like some of the species (like gaoler or female imperials) are over designed. Certain color combinations and a lot of clothing make it hard to tell what I'm looking at, but mirrors have a very distinct look and their simplicity makes the genes and clothes stand out more. I love mirrors with the petals gene where they have different colored toes, it's so cute on this vicious dragon that will tear you apart <3

Leasf favorite: spirals. I feel like the only person who doesn't like spirals. I just. I have no idea what their anatomy is doing. Where do each of the wings attach. What is going on. Too many genes make it impossible to know what I'm looking at, and if you put clothes on top of that? It's a mess. I dont like their arm wings and how busy their design is, basically. Sorry noodles.
Favorite: mirrors. I know a lot of people don't seem to like mirrors, but I have. So many of them. I love all different patterns and colors on them, I impulse buy them from the ah all the time, I just want a big pack of mirrors. Their design is very simple, but I feel like some of the species (like gaoler or female imperials) are over designed. Certain color combinations and a lot of clothing make it hard to tell what I'm looking at, but mirrors have a very distinct look and their simplicity makes the genes and clothes stand out more. I love mirrors with the petals gene where they have different colored toes, it's so cute on this vicious dragon that will tear you apart <3

Leasf favorite: spirals. I feel like the only person who doesn't like spirals. I just. I have no idea what their anatomy is doing. Where do each of the wings attach. What is going on. Too many genes make it impossible to know what I'm looking at, and if you put clothes on top of that? It's a mess. I dont like their arm wings and how busy their design is, basically. Sorry noodles.
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
Top Three Favorites

Banescales: The first day they came out I fell in love with them. I love there genes, there lore, there poses, pretty much everything! I can' wait to get more in the future, there just so neat looking and are just so unique!

Spirals: Spirals have a special place in my heart, there cute noodle dragons and I have plenty of them in my lair! I hatched three pirmals with spirals! There also just so cute, like them as a baby just stole my heart! There poses are amazing for both genders, I love the little noodle dragons!

Wildclaws: I love these raptor dragons! I have tons of them in my lair, there just so cool! I love there design and poses, and the baby wildclaws? There so adorable! I love these little raptor dragons!
----
Top Three Hated/Disliked

Snappers: I've always hated them. They look nothing like a dragon to me, and I think they look super odd. Mostly the male snappers, ugh with that big chin, and the huge nose. And there really chunky, I just don't like them.. Female snappers and the babys are not as bad, but I still hate them.

Tundra: I think Tundras are cute.. But they just don't look like a dragon to me, and some genes look really werid on them.. (Ex would be Lionfish bar, ex. because its colored weridly) . I've seen some really cute tundras, but I'm just not the biggest fan of them, but I really love baby tundras, they are very cute!

Gaoler: I loved them when they first came out, but as time went on, I started liking them less and less. I personally don't like the adult poses to much, and I don't like fans, scorpion, weathered or wintercoat. And its layered very badly with multigaze (banescales have this problem to.) But I love the babys, and there are some awesome gaolers that look really great !
Top Three Favorites

Banescales: The first day they came out I fell in love with them. I love there genes, there lore, there poses, pretty much everything! I can' wait to get more in the future, there just so neat looking and are just so unique!

Spirals: Spirals have a special place in my heart, there cute noodle dragons and I have plenty of them in my lair! I hatched three pirmals with spirals! There also just so cute, like them as a baby just stole my heart! There poses are amazing for both genders, I love the little noodle dragons!

Wildclaws: I love these raptor dragons! I have tons of them in my lair, there just so cool! I love there design and poses, and the baby wildclaws? There so adorable! I love these little raptor dragons!
----
Top Three Hated/Disliked

Snappers: I've always hated them. They look nothing like a dragon to me, and I think they look super odd. Mostly the male snappers, ugh with that big chin, and the huge nose. And there really chunky, I just don't like them.. Female snappers and the babys are not as bad, but I still hate them.

Tundra: I think Tundras are cute.. But they just don't look like a dragon to me, and some genes look really werid on them.. (Ex would be Lionfish bar, ex. because its colored weridly) . I've seen some really cute tundras, but I'm just not the biggest fan of them, but I really love baby tundras, they are very cute!

Gaoler: I loved them when they first came out, but as time went on, I started liking them less and less. I personally don't like the adult poses to much, and I don't like fans, scorpion, weathered or wintercoat. And its layered very badly with multigaze (banescales have this problem to.) But I love the babys, and there are some awesome gaolers that look really great !
RYAN.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13