Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hot take on the festival spirits
1 2 3 4 5 6
i hope they rp with these sonas too for the full effect
i hope they rp with these sonas too for the full effect
................................... .
MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
... jdlAmNx.gif ... .
Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
in the words of a friend of mine just this morning: "furries aren't people, furries are a curse."
in the words of a friend of mine just this morning: "furries aren't people, furries are a curse."
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
[quote name="Nicolas" date=2017-11-27 07:52:51] in the words of a friend of mine just this morning: "furries aren't people, furries are a curse." [/quote] Um. Is it bad that I kind of find that amusing. edit;; just want to point out that I'm entirely joking. I didn't mean it like "ha yeah furries aren't people lolll" or anything. Just one of those things that's not really funny but the phrasing strikes you as amusing at the time you know? In any case. Still not sure what to make of this thread. *scoots away*
Nicolas wrote on 2017-11-27:
Um.
Is it bad that I kind of find that amusing.

edit;; just want to point out that I'm entirely joking. I didn't mean it like "ha yeah furries aren't people lolll" or anything. Just one of those things that's not really funny but the phrasing strikes you as amusing at the time you know?

In any case. Still not sure what to make of this thread. *scoots away*
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
[quote name="@Nicolas" date=2017-11-27 07:52:51] in the words of a friend of mine just this morning: "furries aren't people, furries are a curse." [/quote] @Knickknacks *pulls on lab coat* I am not one, but I am somewhat knowledgeable in the logic of “furries.” Not all furries, in fact most, do [i]not[/i] want to have half-dog babies or whatever. The reason people develop fetishes is because they are exposed to these certain things when they start puberty. While their body matures and starts focusing on reproduction, whatever they see or do at that time may (not always) eventually be associated with reproduction at a later date. It’s not their choice, it’s simply nuture (which does indeed make this different than a sexuality, which is genetic) as opposed to nature (you can look up “nature vs. nurture” if you’d like to know more). People who are furries were likely interested in things that involved anthropomorphic animals, such as Disney movies and games like Sonic, while their bodies matured. tl;dr Furries exist because as the person grew up and reached puberty, they were exposed to things involving anthropomorphic animals, influencing their brain into associating these things with either reproduction or happiness. There’s a spectrum, as with all things. “Furriness” is not like a sexuality, which is genetic, but it can be as much a part of someone as a true sexuality. (Please forgive me if I make generalisations or have incorrect information. Again, I am not a furry, I simply love learning about biology, evolution, and the brain ^ ^) EDIT: @Paravoina I also would like to point out that I’m female :3 But don’t worry too much about it. No harm done. EDIT AGAIN: I made a mistake. Sorry, I know, most people just like the idea of anthropomorphic animals and that’s it.
@Nicolas wrote on 2017-11-27:
@Knickknacks

*pulls on lab coat*

I am not one, but I am somewhat knowledgeable in the logic of “furries.” Not all furries, in fact most, do not want to have half-dog babies or whatever.

The reason people develop fetishes is because they are exposed to these certain things when they start puberty. While their body matures and starts focusing on reproduction, whatever they see or do at that time may (not always) eventually be associated with reproduction at a later date. It’s not their choice, it’s simply nuture (which does indeed make this different than a sexuality, which is genetic) as opposed to nature (you can look up “nature vs. nurture” if you’d like to know more). People who are furries were likely interested in things that involved anthropomorphic animals, such as Disney movies and games like Sonic, while their bodies matured.

tl;dr Furries exist because as the person grew up and reached puberty, they were exposed to things involving anthropomorphic animals, influencing their brain into associating these things with either reproduction or happiness. There’s a spectrum, as with all things. “Furriness” is not like a sexuality, which is genetic, but it can be as much a part of someone as a true sexuality.

(Please forgive me if I make generalisations or have incorrect information. Again, I am not a furry, I simply love learning about biology, evolution, and the brain ^ ^)

EDIT: @Paravoina I also would like to point out that I’m female :3 But don’t worry too much about it. No harm done.

EDIT AGAIN: I made a mistake. Sorry, I know, most people just like the idea of anthropomorphic animals and that’s it.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
lmao furries
lmao furries
~celestial bodies don't care if you screw up~
*Shudders*
*Shudders*
lZEZOSe.png
@Sookylee >:3c
@Sookylee >:3c
~celestial bodies don't care if you screw up~
[quote name="RabidWhovian" date=2017-11-27 09:31:29] [quote name="@Nicolas" date=2017-11-27 07:52:51] in the words of a friend of mine just this morning: "furries aren't people, furries are a curse." [/quote] @Knickknacks *pulls on lab coat* I am not one, but I am somewhat knowledgeable in the logic of “furries.” Not all furries, in fact most, do [i]not[/i] want to have half-dog babies or whatever. The reason people develop fetishes is because they are exposed to these certain things when they start puberty. While their body matures and starts focusing on reproduction, whatever they see or do at that time may (not always) eventually be associated with reproduction at a later date. It’s not their choice, it’s simply nuture (which does indeed make this different than a sexuality, which is genetic) as opposed to nature (you can look up “nature vs. nurture” if you’d like to know more). People who are furries were likely interested in things that involved anthropomorphic animals, such as Disney movies and games like Sonic, while their bodies matured. tl;dr Furries exist because as the person grew up and reached puberty, they were exposed to things involving anthropomorphic animals, influencing their brain into associating these things with either reproduction or happiness. There’s a spectrum, as with all things. “Furriness” is not like a sexuality, which is genetic, but it can be as much a part of someone as a true sexuality. (Please forgive me if I make generalisations or have incorrect information. Again, I am not a furry, I simply love learning about biology, evolution, and the brain ^ ^) EDIT: @Paravoina I also would like to point out that I’m female :3 But don’t worry too much about it. No harm done. [/quote] [center]We are just people who think anthro animals look cool. Sexual aspects completely depend on the person, I know plenty of people who are not into that aspect, and I can also understand why they wouldn't be. Nothing wrong with either side. Furry isn't a fetish by default. Why is this so hard for people to wrap their heads around. At any rate. 100% accept this as now cannon, unless Icedad gets a freaking penguin then I will shun this, [i]forever[/i].[/center]
RabidWhovian wrote on 2017-11-27:
@Nicolas wrote on 2017-11-27:
@Knickknacks

*pulls on lab coat*

I am not one, but I am somewhat knowledgeable in the logic of “furries.” Not all furries, in fact most, do not want to have half-dog babies or whatever.

The reason people develop fetishes is because they are exposed to these certain things when they start puberty. While their body matures and starts focusing on reproduction, whatever they see or do at that time may (not always) eventually be associated with reproduction at a later date. It’s not their choice, it’s simply nuture (which does indeed make this different than a sexuality, which is genetic) as opposed to nature (you can look up “nature vs. nurture” if you’d like to know more). People who are furries were likely interested in things that involved anthropomorphic animals, such as Disney movies and games like Sonic, while their bodies matured.

tl;dr Furries exist because as the person grew up and reached puberty, they were exposed to things involving anthropomorphic animals, influencing their brain into associating these things with either reproduction or happiness. There’s a spectrum, as with all things. “Furriness” is not like a sexuality, which is genetic, but it can be as much a part of someone as a true sexuality.

(Please forgive me if I make generalisations or have incorrect information. Again, I am not a furry, I simply love learning about biology, evolution, and the brain ^ ^)

EDIT: @Paravoina I also would like to point out that I’m female :3 But don’t worry too much about it. No harm done.
We are just people who think anthro animals look cool. Sexual aspects completely depend on the person, I know plenty of people who are not into that aspect, and I can also understand why they wouldn't be. Nothing wrong with either side.

Furry isn't a fetish by default.
Why is this so hard for people to wrap their heads around.

At any rate. 100% accept this as now cannon, unless Icedad gets a freaking penguin then I will shun this, forever.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
@Xylom Of course, my bad. Forgive me.
@Xylom Of course, my bad. Forgive me.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@RabidWhovian @Xylom
it should be noted that my friend, and me (and literally 90% of my friend circle now that i think about it) are also all furries lmao
@RabidWhovian @Xylom
it should be noted that my friend, and me (and literally 90% of my friend circle now that i think about it) are also all furries lmao
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
1 2 3 4 5 6