Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Talk to me about One Breed Lairs
1 2 3 4
I think the main reason I don't and never would have a single-breed lair is that in almost every breed, I dislike one pose and like the other. I could maybe have a lair of like... all females of one breed, all males of another, but I wouldn't be able to choose between female PCs and Skydancers...
I think the main reason I don't and never would have a single-breed lair is that in almost every breed, I dislike one pose and like the other. I could maybe have a lair of like... all females of one breed, all males of another, but I wouldn't be able to choose between female PCs and Skydancers...
ShpX9LV.png
I don't have a one breed lair, both for lore reasons (I don't see my progens ever changing their breeds - tundra and guardian, respectively - at least, not unless something extreme happens in my lore) and for aesthetic reasons, as it's fun to have some variety. The majority of my lair consists of coatls, though, both because they're my favorite breed and because a coatl colony is a large part of my clan's lore.
I don't have a one breed lair, both for lore reasons (I don't see my progens ever changing their breeds - tundra and guardian, respectively - at least, not unless something extreme happens in my lore) and for aesthetic reasons, as it's fun to have some variety. The majority of my lair consists of coatls, though, both because they're my favorite breed and because a coatl colony is a large part of my clan's lore.
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
1-Do you have a one breed lair- if not would you ever ?
  • Had one before, made up of mirrors and spirals at different points in time.
2-What Breed would/did you choose for a one breed lair?
  • Mirrors and Spirals before, later Tundras, maybe even Ridgebacks or Bogsneaks.
3-How does it effect your lore?
  • I don't even have lores beyond a vague theme, since I'm lazy and it isn't the biggest priority right now. During my mirror days the lore was about a pack just running around like the uppity murder-pups they are, Spiral lore was "spirals are so hyper and ferrety what if they were stuck together in an airbound giant eldritch whirlwind of adorable flying snakes isnt that a fun idea"
4-why did you chose to be a one breed lair?
  • It appeared to be a good idea. It was, and I don't know why I got a diverse cast again when I could just have spirals.
5-why would you not be a one breed lair?
  • I like most breed art and it would be a shame if some of them weren't looking lovingly up at me in my lair when I wake in the morning.
6-should there be a one breed lair organization/board.
  • If enough people were interesting, I'd like one! Or a least it would be a place to catalogue 1Breed lairs, like to know if other people really do share the same obsession with this one breed that you do.
  • Had one before, made up of mirrors and spirals at different points in time.
  • Mirrors and Spirals before, later Tundras, maybe even Ridgebacks or Bogsneaks.
  • I don't even have lores beyond a vague theme, since I'm lazy and it isn't the biggest priority right now. During my mirror days the lore was about a pack just running around like the uppity murder-pups they are, Spiral lore was "spirals are so hyper and ferrety what if they were stuck together in an airbound giant eldritch whirlwind of adorable flying snakes isnt that a fun idea"
  • It appeared to be a good idea. It was, and I don't know why I got a diverse cast again when I could just have spirals.
  • I like most breed art and it would be a shame if some of them weren't looking lovingly up at me in my lair when I wake in the morning.
  • If enough people were interesting, I'd like one! Or a least it would be a place to catalogue 1Breed lairs, like to know if other people really do share the same obsession with this one breed that you do.
goSc2L4.png
if i had a one breed lair it would just be specifically female ridgebacks as far as the eye could see, and they'd be an awful rowdy lesbian scientist collective. i'm halfway there already tbh but i love all my dragons too much to empty my lair out, and i could never abstain from bogsneaks or nocturnes lol
if i had a one breed lair it would just be specifically female ridgebacks as far as the eye could see, and they'd be an awful rowdy lesbian scientist collective. i'm halfway there already tbh but i love all my dragons too much to empty my lair out, and i could never abstain from bogsneaks or nocturnes lol
Heraldic Dragon Adopts

they/them (FR+3)
(sal-tih-sih-day)

I've wanted to have a one breed lair, but I've never been able to keep myself to just one.

Wildclaws!

I wanted to have an all wildclaw lore a couple times, which I think would make for interesting hierarchy, etc. I always end up with dragons besides them though.

I didn't.

I love too many of the other breeds to decide on just one, and I can't afford to breed change permas into wildclaws.

I think that could be interesting!

I've wanted to have a one breed lair, but I've never been able to keep myself to just one.

Wildclaws!

I wanted to have an all wildclaw lore a couple times, which I think would make for interesting hierarchy, etc. I always end up with dragons besides them though.

I didn't.

I love too many of the other breeds to decide on just one, and I can't afford to breed change permas into wildclaws.

I think that could be interesting!
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
1 2 3 4