Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Talk to me about One Breed Lairs
1 2 3 4
1- I don't, but I'd consider it if the scrolls weren't so expensive.
2- Pearlcatchers, 100%.
3- Dunno, I'm not huge on lore.
4- I don't have one, but if I did it would be because pearlcatchers are great.
5- Because I wouldn't be able to buy all the new breeds and the other beautiful breeds and I would die.
6- Maybe an organization, but I feel like it isn't a topic worthy of a board, y'know?
1- I don't, but I'd consider it if the scrolls weren't so expensive.
2- Pearlcatchers, 100%.
3- Dunno, I'm not huge on lore.
4- I don't have one, but if I did it would be because pearlcatchers are great.
5- Because I wouldn't be able to buy all the new breeds and the other beautiful breeds and I would die.
6- Maybe an organization, but I feel like it isn't a topic worthy of a board, y'know?
1. Yepppp
2.MIRRORS .
3. I honestly have no more ATM , the only kind of lore thing you'll see in my lair is the Mirror Rescue thing I want to start.
4. Because Mirrors are my children XD
5. I tend to impulse buy , and I don't have the treasure to keep expanding ;-; that and I don't make a lot of treasire so scrolls can get a lil expensive , so I only buy them from Dom shops.
6. I agree with @liviekaren! (Hi again lol !)
1. Yepppp
2.MIRRORS .
3. I honestly have no more ATM , the only kind of lore thing you'll see in my lair is the Mirror Rescue thing I want to start.
4. Because Mirrors are my children XD
5. I tend to impulse buy , and I don't have the treasure to keep expanding ;-; that and I don't make a lot of treasire so scrolls can get a lil expensive , so I only buy them from Dom shops.
6. I agree with @liviekaren! (Hi again lol !)
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
1-Do you have a one breed lair- if not would you ever? i don't. i've considered it before and yeah i would but not rn
2-What Breed would/did you choose for a one breed lair? coatls
3-How does it effect your lore? my lore isn't super organized yet so it wouldn't mess anything up
5-why would you not be a one breed lair? you wouldn't get to enjoy the other breeds, accents, and one food type being eaten up like there's no tomorrow might be a problem.
6-should there be a one breed lair organization/board. a topic? maybe. a board? definitely not
1-Do you have a one breed lair- if not would you ever? i don't. i've considered it before and yeah i would but not rn
2-What Breed would/did you choose for a one breed lair? coatls
3-How does it effect your lore? my lore isn't super organized yet so it wouldn't mess anything up
5-why would you not be a one breed lair? you wouldn't get to enjoy the other breeds, accents, and one food type being eaten up like there's no tomorrow might be a problem.
6-should there be a one breed lair organization/board. a topic? maybe. a board? definitely not
UIT22Ie.png
foxpaws
my tumblr
1- No
2-Guardians
3- It doesn't because I've never done it
4- I didn't
5-I like my dragons the way they are
6-If the people with one breed lairs want to.
1- No
2-Guardians
3- It doesn't because I've never done it
4- I didn't
5-I like my dragons the way they are
6-If the people with one breed lairs want to.
PQznZys.png
I had a Mirror-only lair for a large part of the last year, though it went back to being a (just barely) mixed lair with the hatching of Mirror the Bogsneak back when they were first added, and more recently the winning of Hero from the Wind BotB raffle.

I'm pretty torn at the moment. I've invested a fair amount of time in building my site identity around the "All Mirrors, All The Time" branding, and for that reason I really would like to breed change my two Bogs. But on the other hand, I have (pretty ridiculous) reasons for feeling guilty about changing either of them. For Mirror, it's because she was the 6th ever Bog on the entire site, by a matter of like 90 seconds off from the very first; for Hero it's more because he was a special raffle prize who came with a whole look and the Mirror form just wouldn't look as excellent as his current shape.

I dunno, I'll probably pull the trigger and change them up soon. It's not like I can't change em back if I want to at some future date.
I had a Mirror-only lair for a large part of the last year, though it went back to being a (just barely) mixed lair with the hatching of Mirror the Bogsneak back when they were first added, and more recently the winning of Hero from the Wind BotB raffle.

I'm pretty torn at the moment. I've invested a fair amount of time in building my site identity around the "All Mirrors, All The Time" branding, and for that reason I really would like to breed change my two Bogs. But on the other hand, I have (pretty ridiculous) reasons for feeling guilty about changing either of them. For Mirror, it's because she was the 6th ever Bog on the entire site, by a matter of like 90 seconds off from the very first; for Hero it's more because he was a special raffle prize who came with a whole look and the Mirror form just wouldn't look as excellent as his current shape.

I dunno, I'll probably pull the trigger and change them up soon. It's not like I can't change em back if I want to at some future date.
tumblr_ordbjfTBNv1s5xpeio1_100.png
Head over and show off your pack at the Mirror Lovers Association!

dRWGCfQ.png
1-Yes! I do have a one breed lair.
2-I keep coatls, my snake-cat children.
3-Well, I haven't figured out my lore entirely yet but I'm imagining that my clan is comprised of coatls who were either too pale/dull in color and thus cast out out of the fire flight, coatls who exhibit traits typical to other breeds (due to either having been raised by said breed / having been a breed change, etc etc) or coatls who don't really experience the urge to flee to the ashfall waste for breeding. Basically an odd array of coatls who portray odd behavior / are anomalies.
4-I just really love coatls, they're my favorite breed. Besides that it's so much easier to hoard one type of food than to hoard an array for dragons with specific diets.
5-The lore is sort of hard to work out, especially considering how well multibreed clans work together.
6-I think it could be helpful! The biggest issues I've come across in being a one breed lair is how to work out the lore without making my dragons sound intolerant to other breeds and I think if there was more discussion about one breed lairs people might be able to brainstorm better, probably just wishful thinking though.
1-Yes! I do have a one breed lair.
2-I keep coatls, my snake-cat children.
3-Well, I haven't figured out my lore entirely yet but I'm imagining that my clan is comprised of coatls who were either too pale/dull in color and thus cast out out of the fire flight, coatls who exhibit traits typical to other breeds (due to either having been raised by said breed / having been a breed change, etc etc) or coatls who don't really experience the urge to flee to the ashfall waste for breeding. Basically an odd array of coatls who portray odd behavior / are anomalies.
4-I just really love coatls, they're my favorite breed. Besides that it's so much easier to hoard one type of food than to hoard an array for dragons with specific diets.
5-The lore is sort of hard to work out, especially considering how well multibreed clans work together.
6-I think it could be helpful! The biggest issues I've come across in being a one breed lair is how to work out the lore without making my dragons sound intolerant to other breeds and I think if there was more discussion about one breed lairs people might be able to brainstorm better, probably just wishful thinking though.
1-Do you have a one breed lair- if not would you ever ?

Not entirely, but I have like 122 dragons that are tundra/will be tundras.

2-What Breed would/did you choose for a one breed lair?

Tundra

3-How does it effect your lore?

Not much, I think. Though my clan would probably have to get a little less accepting, I guess. They like everyone right now.

4-why did you chose to be a one breed lair?

I almost could be. Almost. I just like most dragons best as tundras, but every so often I like a different breed better.

5-why would you not be a one breed lair?

I do still like other breeds, just not usually as much as tundras.

6-should there be a one breed lair organization/board.

I never really end up paying attention to those types of threads.

Not entirely, but I have like 122 dragons that are tundra/will be tundras.

Tundra

Not much, I think. Though my clan would probably have to get a little less accepting, I guess. They like everyone right now.

I almost could be. Almost. I just like most dragons best as tundras, but every so often I like a different breed better.

I do still like other breeds, just not usually as much as tundras.

I never really end up paying attention to those types of threads.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
1. No, and for various reasons [looks at my avatar dragon] I probably wont
2. Skydancers, lmao
3. I'm still figuring out my lore so I cant say either way at this point. That said, having a healthy mix of dragon breeds together really adds to the whole "ragtag group building a community together" thing I have so far.
4. Didn't
5. I kinda like the variety, even if there are certain dragons I don't like very much like female ridgebacks and male pearlcatchers
6. Like a forum board? I dunno, seems far too niche to me idk. A forum topic on the other hand, I'd totally understand since we have topics for people who like specific breeds/colors/genes/etc.
1. No, and for various reasons [looks at my avatar dragon] I probably wont
2. Skydancers, lmao
3. I'm still figuring out my lore so I cant say either way at this point. That said, having a healthy mix of dragon breeds together really adds to the whole "ragtag group building a community together" thing I have so far.
4. Didn't
5. I kinda like the variety, even if there are certain dragons I don't like very much like female ridgebacks and male pearlcatchers
6. Like a forum board? I dunno, seems far too niche to me idk. A forum topic on the other hand, I'd totally understand since we have topics for people who like specific breeds/colors/genes/etc.
3175.png ROLLROBIN.
he/they | FR + 3

Water Flight
6346.png

14545.png

Not right now but I used to. I went all mirror awhile ago, then mirror/wildclaw only. Now I have a handful of pearlcatchers and a male/female of all other breeds. I will not be going back to a one breed pair.

Mirrors as mentioned above.

I had to come up with a reason for everyone to become mirrors. My alchemy dragon Eanair wanted to try the baldwin food and began brewing up a bunch for the whole clan to try. One of the dragon responsible for restocking the marketplace was stopping by and another clans brew doesn't go so well. The resulting explosion doesn't do much damage, but does fling the marketplace dragons bags around, with a whole stack of mirror scrolls flying about and landing in Eanairs cauldron without him noticing. Due to the chaotic nature of baldwin brews the changes were permanent much to the extreme distress of some clan members. It was later discovered wildclaw scrolls do work since the clan was in Nature at the the time and the native energy made the scroll changes possible.

I find multi-breed lairs too disorganized. Keeping my lair primarily composed of mirrors and wildclaws just looks better.

Nowadays my lore won't allow it. My clan is a prime home for young dragons who want some basic training before serving the Gladekeeper (so no exalt training happening now as they're in Plague). Dragons of all breeds come through and the leaders decided they should have someone of their own breed to turn too if they need help, especially for faes and coatls who have a hard time communicating outside their breed.

I'm not sure if there are enough one-breed lairs to warrant their own board just yet, but an organization seems like a wonderful idea!

Not right now but I used to. I went all mirror awhile ago, then mirror/wildclaw only. Now I have a handful of pearlcatchers and a male/female of all other breeds. I will not be going back to a one breed pair.

Mirrors as mentioned above.

I had to come up with a reason for everyone to become mirrors. My alchemy dragon Eanair wanted to try the baldwin food and began brewing up a bunch for the whole clan to try. One of the dragon responsible for restocking the marketplace was stopping by and another clans brew doesn't go so well. The resulting explosion doesn't do much damage, but does fling the marketplace dragons bags around, with a whole stack of mirror scrolls flying about and landing in Eanairs cauldron without him noticing. Due to the chaotic nature of baldwin brews the changes were permanent much to the extreme distress of some clan members. It was later discovered wildclaw scrolls do work since the clan was in Nature at the the time and the native energy made the scroll changes possible.

I find multi-breed lairs too disorganized. Keeping my lair primarily composed of mirrors and wildclaws just looks better.

Nowadays my lore won't allow it. My clan is a prime home for young dragons who want some basic training before serving the Gladekeeper (so no exalt training happening now as they're in Plague). Dragons of all breeds come through and the leaders decided they should have someone of their own breed to turn too if they need help, especially for faes and coatls who have a hard time communicating outside their breed.

I'm not sure if there are enough one-breed lairs to warrant their own board just yet, but an organization seems like a wonderful idea!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1. Yes! :)
2. Imperials - more specifically older ones
3. It doesn't because I don't have lore, but even if I did I don't see how it would affect it.
4. Because there's way too many pretty dragons and breeds out there and I needed something to keep me passively interested in the game, because I know focusing on coli or earning money would get old real quick!
5. N/A - but I assume because people don't want to limit themselves in that way.
6. If people want, but idrk what it would add.
1. Yes! :)
2. Imperials - more specifically older ones
3. It doesn't because I don't have lore, but even if I did I don't see how it would affect it.
4. Because there's way too many pretty dragons and breeds out there and I needed something to keep me passively interested in the game, because I know focusing on coli or earning money would get old real quick!
5. N/A - but I assume because people don't want to limit themselves in that way.
6. If people want, but idrk what it would add.
K3HBRkc.png FR + 19 Yay a Column
1 2 3 4