Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 258 259 260 261 262 ... 280 281
Not sure how much I’ll get done today (bit busy at the moment), but I’m planning to write a bit for any of the last five in this tab. And possibly try to assign/decide roles.
Not sure how much I’ll get done today (bit busy at the moment), but I’m planning to write a bit for any of the last five in this tab. And possibly try to assign/decide roles.
68626024.png
Film making is not something I'm interested in lore wise, but I think magic could be used to fill in any gaps that a lack of technological advances may present.

I do agree on the special affects thing. The closest I have is that my storyteller Malachite uses her shadow magic to create illusions to help tell her stories.

Anyway, on to writing some lore. RNG chose SilverBirch for today. I have some ideas for her, so it should be fun.
Film making is not something I'm interested in lore wise, but I think magic could be used to fill in any gaps that a lack of technological advances may present.

I do agree on the special affects thing. The closest I have is that my storyteller Malachite uses her shadow magic to create illusions to help tell her stories.

Anyway, on to writing some lore. RNG chose SilverBirch for today. I have some ideas for her, so it should be fun.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
agh, i'm busy today... will try to write up some bios.
can i get on the pinglist? i keep missing days :/
agh, i'm busy today... will try to write up some bios.
can i get on the pinglist? i keep missing days :/
Wrote a tiny bit for Orion. Gave Museless a bio as well.
Wrote a tiny bit for Orion. Gave Museless a bio as well.
68626024.png
My clan is pretty low-tech by choice. They're not technophobes, exactly, but they rely on what they know works, and a lot of the more advanced technology in Sornieth just doesn't seem worth the fuss. These guys barely use crafted weapons or tools where natural ones will do. They do have storytelling traditions, though! And entertainers. ----- Anyway, today I've got two new dragons, Fallah and Greth! They're sisters from the Sunbeam Ruins and they love each other very much. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72568484][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/725685/72568484.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72568485][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/725685/72568485.png[/img][/url] While their home clan got ready to move to Earth, they set their sights on the Scarred Wasteland. Why? Greth is a bio-mage (or something to that effect, having trouble coming up with a catchy name). She specializes in understanding and potentially rewriting the living code of organisms (and organism-adjacent agents like viruses). It's not a particularly common field of magic in her homeland, but she's hoping to find a place for herself in Plague. Her sister Fallah is a diviner (also shares a bit of Greth's knack for bio-magic but hasn't devoted as much time to its study); despite her foresight, she's also the more impulsive of the two. Suspected Greth would have an easier journey if she came along. I just...gotta figure out how I want to do their bios. Bulletpoints are standard for me, but I also drafted a second-person scene for each of them yesterday, so I might try to adapt those as well. Fallah went from being the more-defined in my head to the vaguer of the two, so I think I'll try to spend some more energy on her today to bring her up to speed with her sister.
My clan is pretty low-tech by choice. They're not technophobes, exactly, but they rely on what they know works, and a lot of the more advanced technology in Sornieth just doesn't seem worth the fuss. These guys barely use crafted weapons or tools where natural ones will do.

They do have storytelling traditions, though! And entertainers.

Anyway, today I've got two new dragons, Fallah and Greth! They're sisters from the Sunbeam Ruins and they love each other very much.
72568484.png72568485.png

While their home clan got ready to move to Earth, they set their sights on the Scarred Wasteland. Why? Greth is a bio-mage (or something to that effect, having trouble coming up with a catchy name). She specializes in understanding and potentially rewriting the living code of organisms (and organism-adjacent agents like viruses). It's not a particularly common field of magic in her homeland, but she's hoping to find a place for herself in Plague.

Her sister Fallah is a diviner (also shares a bit of Greth's knack for bio-magic but hasn't devoted as much time to its study); despite her foresight, she's also the more impulsive of the two. Suspected Greth would have an easier journey if she came along.

I just...gotta figure out how I want to do their bios. Bulletpoints are standard for me, but I also drafted a second-person scene for each of them yesterday, so I might try to adapt those as well. Fallah went from being the more-defined in my head to the vaguer of the two, so I think I'll try to spend some more energy on her today to bring her up to speed with her sister.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
(Mind if I jump in to say some random nerdy things and rant about FR lore and my clan lore?)

If I remember correctly, the staff said that Sornieth tech is equivalent to the 20s, not the 40s, and that it's that level of tech in more advanced places like Lightning, not all across the board. It was also said to have been given a more "fantasy/Sornieth bent."

With that in mind, my clan isn't very advanced. We're in Nature Flight, which is far from the technological capital of the world, and a small, poor clan at that. It's not like we need technology anyway, since, as said before, we're a pretty small group at the moment.

(I just wanted to pop in here to talk about this since I thought the prompt was fun. I'm not actually going to participate in the Whining Day since I feel like I don't really need help with kicking procrastination on my lore, since I write it more casually and don't want to pressure myself. Hope that's allowed.)
(Mind if I jump in to say some random nerdy things and rant about FR lore and my clan lore?)

If I remember correctly, the staff said that Sornieth tech is equivalent to the 20s, not the 40s, and that it's that level of tech in more advanced places like Lightning, not all across the board. It was also said to have been given a more "fantasy/Sornieth bent."

With that in mind, my clan isn't very advanced. We're in Nature Flight, which is far from the technological capital of the world, and a small, poor clan at that. It's not like we need technology anyway, since, as said before, we're a pretty small group at the moment.

(I just wanted to pop in here to talk about this since I thought the prompt was fun. I'm not actually going to participate in the Whining Day since I feel like I don't really need help with kicking procrastination on my lore, since I write it more casually and don't want to pressure myself. Hope that's allowed.)
oJK1fXV.png
I've finally managed to write a bit for Cassius and Honeydrop today!! (I wrote and organized Honeydrop's bio more than Cassius's lol). It's not much, but it's more than I've gotten done in a while. The tips and resource sections were extremely helpful, and for some reason, it was much easier knowing others were writing too. I'm a little burned out now due to life getting in the way, but I'll try to return to it either later today, tomorrow, or on the 14th!

Oh and kauria, I didn't want to ping you so I hope you see this, but the ability to alter or manipulate a creature's biological or organic matter is often referred to as Morbikinesis, Biokinesis, or sometimes Vitakinesis!

Even if you don't wish to use any of those, you could take inspiration from a lot of already existing terms for it from the media or pre-existing words from the dictionary!
I've finally managed to write a bit for Cassius and Honeydrop today!! (I wrote and organized Honeydrop's bio more than Cassius's lol). It's not much, but it's more than I've gotten done in a while. The tips and resource sections were extremely helpful, and for some reason, it was much easier knowing others were writing too. I'm a little burned out now due to life getting in the way, but I'll try to return to it either later today, tomorrow, or on the 14th!

Oh and kauria, I didn't want to ping you so I hope you see this, but the ability to alter or manipulate a creature's biological or organic matter is often referred to as Morbikinesis, Biokinesis, or sometimes Vitakinesis!

Even if you don't wish to use any of those, you could take inspiration from a lot of already existing terms for it from the media or pre-existing words from the dictionary!
Ping Friendly!
Forever looking for an Umber/Umber/Sable first gen!
I think my clan would be pretty technologically advanced. I mean, we aren't in lightning, but we do a lot of trading with different clans, so they'd probably have access to higher end tech. Maybe not advanced movies or anything like that, but still more advanced than some other neighboring clans and flights.
I think my clan would be pretty technologically advanced. I mean, we aren't in lightning, but we do a lot of trading with different clans, so they'd probably have access to higher end tech. Maybe not advanced movies or anything like that, but still more advanced than some other neighboring clans and flights.

I'm so proud of myself for doing her 'Quick Look' last Lore Whining Day. That's the most actual writing I've done for a dragon in a long while.

Hoping to be proud of myself again today when I get some free time.
In the office today and won't be back home until the afternoon, but I am so hoping I can get at least a little of Chenab's personality into her bio.

I'm so proud of myself for doing her 'Quick Look' last Lore Whining Day. That's the most actual writing I've done for a dragon in a long while.

Hoping to be proud of myself again today when I get some free time.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dT9HQge.png
0HBKL8H.png
J7D1quC.png
mjtJ868.png

STYzy2l.png
lightb1.png
STYzy2l.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
1 2 ... 258 259 260 261 262 ... 280 281