Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Illnesses and Diseases
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
So I've read some lore where some dragons suffer from diseases or illnesses that have affected them physically or mentally. I looked around the forums and the closest I came to a thread like this was IoI, Institution of Illnesses. So I was thinking maybe we could all contribute to a list of diseases and illnesses that affect our dragons specifically, for lore purposes. Before we start it though, I want to see what others think and if this is a good idea. (And if the mods don't have a problem with it)
So I've read some lore where some dragons suffer from diseases or illnesses that have affected them physically or mentally. I looked around the forums and the closest I came to a thread like this was IoI, Institution of Illnesses. So I was thinking maybe we could all contribute to a list of diseases and illnesses that affect our dragons specifically, for lore purposes. Before we start it though, I want to see what others think and if this is a good idea. (And if the mods don't have a problem with it)
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
@MiddayMoon01 The Grand Encyclopedia of Diseases and Maladies of Dragonkind? I suppose many Healers and Doctors would find that useful in their lore :) I think there was floating list of items that can be used to heal - as in their definition includes some healing trivia like these two: [item=Herbal Plantain][item=feverfew] On other side - gembond gene is apparently not quite natural? Not a disease, but not a natural occurrence also (source - onyx cobra) [item=onyx cobra]
@MiddayMoon01
The Grand Encyclopedia of Diseases and Maladies of Dragonkind? I suppose many Healers and Doctors would find that useful in their lore :)
I think there was floating list of items that can be used to heal - as in their definition includes some healing trivia like these two:
Herbal Plantain Feverfew

On other side - gembond gene is apparently not quite natural? Not a disease, but not a natural occurrence also (source - onyx cobra)
Onyx Cobra
JQQ3Fjt.png
hey the idea is awesome, i'd like to just read through
hey the idea is awesome, i'd like to just read through
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I know pale colored coatls are thought to be sick or bad luck or something so that might help
I know pale colored coatls are thought to be sick or bad luck or something so that might help
I have a blind dragon, not sure if that counts as an "illness" though.
I have a blind dragon, not sure if that counts as an "illness" though.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
@Seamancer I'm also looking for player created diseases (and illnesses) like for me, one of my dragons suffers from Draconic Dwarfism, but it only affects his wings, so he's grounded and can't fly.
@Seamancer I'm also looking for player created diseases (and illnesses) like for me, one of my dragons suffers from Draconic Dwarfism, but it only affects his wings, so he's grounded and can't fly.
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
IIRC some of the plague subspecies have lore related to illness/disease. I never paid much attention to subspecies in general so I couldn't give you details but it might be a good place to start.
IIRC some of the plague subspecies have lore related to illness/disease. I never paid much attention to subspecies in general so I couldn't give you details but it might be a good place to start.
wpEE9mo.png
You could start out by looking at diseases that affect real-world creatures that the dragons are based on, and by looking up healing herbs in real life. From these you can come up with natural illnesses and tweaking them can make for some supernatural ones, caused by curses and such.

You could start out by looking at diseases that affect real-world creatures that the dragons are based on, and by looking up healing herbs in real life. From these you can come up with natural illnesses and tweaking them can make for some supernatural ones, caused by curses and such.

MT5WnDw.pngZPHN6ju.pngMT5WnDw.png
@mithrel it depends on what caused the blindness

@Exsanguinate thanks for that! I'll be sure to look into it :)
@mithrel it depends on what caused the blindness

@Exsanguinate thanks for that! I'll be sure to look into it :)
@Amarayne ooh good idea! Thank you, I'll do some research later today.
@Amarayne ooh good idea! Thank you, I'll do some research later today.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9