Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The (Other) Eleven: Lore Post
1 2 3 4
You know those other runes on the site, the ones that don't connect to the elements? Nothing to them, right?

Wrong.

Every element has a Master Level Technique, that only the oldest and strongest of dragons can use, and they apply to each of the eleven core elements.

EARTH=TIME
  • Master Level Earth dragons gain the ability to slow, stop, or speed up time. They can freeze themselves in time. Some can even travel through time.

WATER=MIND
  • Master Level Water dragons have powerful telepathy, telekinesis, and foresight. They can read minds, affect the world with their minds, and see into the future.

FIRE=CLAN
  • Master Level Fire dragons find strength from the hearth. When in a group they amplify the powers of their fellows, and being near kin or close friends can heal and empower them.

WIND=CLOUD
  • Master Level Wind dragons can control the weather, bringing storms, rain, winds, and all manner of destruction.

ICE=TRUTH
  • Master Level Ice dragons cannot be lied to. They cannot lie themselves either, though they are masters at bending words. What they say will always be true, but careful how you interpret it.

SHADOW=SPIRIT
  • Master Level Shadow dragons can commune with spirits, summon spirits, draw power from spirits, and even become spirits themselves.

LIGHT=LIFE
  • Master Level Light dragons can give life to those without, including motionless objects, corpses, or creating beings and life from scratch. This ability can also be used to heal.

LIGHTNING=METAL
  • Master Level Lightning dragons can mold and shape metal, as well as controlling magnetic fields.

PLAGUE=BLOOD
  • Master Level Plague dragons can draw strength from feeding off the blood of others. They can also manipulate the fluid, and become blood themselves to avoid or heal from attacks. Some can even vomit forth blood soaked with disease.

NATURE=VENOM
  • Master Level Nature dragons are toxic creatures. Their bites can kill nearly anything, and biting them will prove fatal as well. Venom and poison seeps from ever tooth, claw, and scale.

ARCANE=CHAOS
  • Master Level Arcane dragons control chaos, able to destroy and create matter and energy with but a thought. This can lead to massive explosions and destructive black holes, as well as being used to fuel the dragon in question. Their bodies become warped and twisted, always draconic, yet always strange.

Bonus

PILLAR=SPIRAL
  • The Pillar and Spiral are one in the same, a massive dragon, formed from all the deities, coiled around Sorienth, its tail in its jaws. The Pillar and Spiral dragon has control over all the powers of Dragonkind, and mastery over all of Dragonkind itself.
You know those other runes on the site, the ones that don't connect to the elements? Nothing to them, right?

Wrong.

Every element has a Master Level Technique, that only the oldest and strongest of dragons can use, and they apply to each of the eleven core elements.

EARTH=TIME
  • Master Level Earth dragons gain the ability to slow, stop, or speed up time. They can freeze themselves in time. Some can even travel through time.

WATER=MIND
  • Master Level Water dragons have powerful telepathy, telekinesis, and foresight. They can read minds, affect the world with their minds, and see into the future.

FIRE=CLAN
  • Master Level Fire dragons find strength from the hearth. When in a group they amplify the powers of their fellows, and being near kin or close friends can heal and empower them.

WIND=CLOUD
  • Master Level Wind dragons can control the weather, bringing storms, rain, winds, and all manner of destruction.

ICE=TRUTH
  • Master Level Ice dragons cannot be lied to. They cannot lie themselves either, though they are masters at bending words. What they say will always be true, but careful how you interpret it.

SHADOW=SPIRIT
  • Master Level Shadow dragons can commune with spirits, summon spirits, draw power from spirits, and even become spirits themselves.

LIGHT=LIFE
  • Master Level Light dragons can give life to those without, including motionless objects, corpses, or creating beings and life from scratch. This ability can also be used to heal.

LIGHTNING=METAL
  • Master Level Lightning dragons can mold and shape metal, as well as controlling magnetic fields.

PLAGUE=BLOOD
  • Master Level Plague dragons can draw strength from feeding off the blood of others. They can also manipulate the fluid, and become blood themselves to avoid or heal from attacks. Some can even vomit forth blood soaked with disease.

NATURE=VENOM
  • Master Level Nature dragons are toxic creatures. Their bites can kill nearly anything, and biting them will prove fatal as well. Venom and poison seeps from ever tooth, claw, and scale.

ARCANE=CHAOS
  • Master Level Arcane dragons control chaos, able to destroy and create matter and energy with but a thought. This can lead to massive explosions and destructive black holes, as well as being used to fuel the dragon in question. Their bodies become warped and twisted, always draconic, yet always strange.

Bonus

PILLAR=SPIRAL
  • The Pillar and Spiral are one in the same, a massive dragon, formed from all the deities, coiled around Sorienth, its tail in its jaws. The Pillar and Spiral dragon has control over all the powers of Dragonkind, and mastery over all of Dragonkind itself.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
@TheLOAD

Plague dergs are blood benders confirmed

Also, light as life is super cool, as is water with mind :O
@TheLOAD

Plague dergs are blood benders confirmed

Also, light as life is super cool, as is water with mind :O
Lewyn_updated2.gif
@Tangle

Thank you. And yes, haha, Plague is the bloodbending flight.
@Tangle

Thank you. And yes, haha, Plague is the bloodbending flight.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
ooo, this all looks really rad! hoping they'll be used in canon one way or another...
ooo, this all looks really rad! hoping they'll be used in canon one way or another...
a pixelated cut-in of toropiamon, a plant dinosaur digimon, as seen on the pendulum z wind guardians device. faust, they/he, fr +3
small lair enthusiast
The idea of Fire dragons being around close friends and kin making them stronger explains why my lair is so big.
The idea of Fire dragons being around close friends and kin making them stronger explains why my lair is so big.
PQznZys.png
Ohh yes I like this. I'm definitely bookmarking this for later.

Chaos fits Arcane so well though? Not just lore-wise, either. I've seen quite a bit of chaos from the members, and there's always the strange threads lurking around the forum...
Ohh yes I like this. I'm definitely bookmarking this for later.

Chaos fits Arcane so well though? Not just lore-wise, either. I've seen quite a bit of chaos from the members, and there's always the strange threads lurking around the forum...
.::The wisps will lead you home, young wanderer, and the stars will light your way::.aa_zps7097360a.png
Lore :: DragonCave :: Art :: Wishlist :: Tumblr
@TheLOAD

This is so cool! Mind if I use it in my lore?
@TheLOAD

This is so cool! Mind if I use it in my lore?
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@mnkn10

Go for it! Any lore I post in my signature is fair game to use, including this one. Though if you come up with an especially good way to use it I'd love to see.
@mnkn10

Go for it! Any lore I post in my signature is fair game to use, including this one. Though if you come up with an especially good way to use it I'd love to see.
LORE (feel free to use):

PzFNFIJ.png
@TheLOAD

My idea: I'm planning on getting a dragon who is a minor deity and having her bless my flight reps with new powers.
@TheLOAD

My idea: I'm planning on getting a dragon who is a minor deity and having her bless my flight reps with new powers.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
Arcane being chaos literally confirms my lore, although it does have elements of spirit, too. Basically, my Clan summons spirits and "accidentally" opens up vortexes occasionally as a past time. Disrupting the universe's natural order is fun!
Arcane being chaos literally confirms my lore, although it does have elements of spirit, too. Basically, my Clan summons spirits and "accidentally" opens up vortexes occasionally as a past time. Disrupting the universe's natural order is fun!
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
1 2 3 4