Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | looks like notn is off to a good start.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Falala While that applies to all Festivals (quite work intensive for items; any "festive" events come from the community rather than from the game itself), I agree with you that the NotN event feels particularly work-heavy. Even Baldwin requires mimic powder, unobtainable without the Coliseum or buying at spiked prices on the AH.

I am much in the same camp as you about hoarding. In order to actually collect everything on your own... quite the effort, even for two weeks, given the more or less casual nature of this game.
@Falala While that applies to all Festivals (quite work intensive for items; any "festive" events come from the community rather than from the game itself), I agree with you that the NotN event feels particularly work-heavy. Even Baldwin requires mimic powder, unobtainable without the Coliseum or buying at spiked prices on the AH.

I am much in the same camp as you about hoarding. In order to actually collect everything on your own... quite the effort, even for two weeks, given the more or less casual nature of this game.
i've found nothing lol
i've found nothing lol
I can't even get the coli to load anymore.
I can't even get the coli to load anymore.
Aaaaaaaaand the Coli **** out on me. Right when I had just defeated 3 of the Mimic bosses too >:U

No chests from 26 gathering turns and so far no chests from Coli grinding (though its only been about 40 minutes? Still I'm impatient and only at level 14.)
Aaaaaaaaand the Coli **** out on me. Right when I had just defeated 3 of the Mimic bosses too >:U

No chests from 26 gathering turns and so far no chests from Coli grinding (though its only been about 40 minutes? Still I'm impatient and only at level 14.)
shelb.gif shellbubble.gif
@Joon
Yeah. I mean, with festivals there is a 1 week period to collect those 160~ festival currency, assuming you don't have any from last year/don't already have the emblem.
But Baldwin does give the opportunity of gaining 20 festival currency units in... is it an hour, hour and a half? I have yet to find myself stressing about collecting the festival items.
And that is four items a month.

This time around, it's 15 new familiars, plus what one might be lacking in mimics, bears and fake bears. On top of that, there is the new familiar from Baldwin, the new 5 piece apparel from Baldwin, 5 pieces from the treasure market, and if you have the funds, 5 pieces from the gem market.
The latter two might be in bundles too, but as for the treasure market, you still need to sit about refreshing for a while, hoping you get it.

Ahem... All in all, a lot of items only available for 2 weeks this year, unless you want to pay for it in the auction house. And if the 1% drop rate calculations are true, well...

At least they've gotten a very good way to keep us active on the site: Gotta check in every 2 hour, 5 mins at Baldwin, gotta refresh the market place and gotta keep grinding!

That said, still not calling for a change, but in a holiday I am already a bit stressed, my e-hoarding tendencies are screaming > >;
@Joon
Yeah. I mean, with festivals there is a 1 week period to collect those 160~ festival currency, assuming you don't have any from last year/don't already have the emblem.
But Baldwin does give the opportunity of gaining 20 festival currency units in... is it an hour, hour and a half? I have yet to find myself stressing about collecting the festival items.
And that is four items a month.

This time around, it's 15 new familiars, plus what one might be lacking in mimics, bears and fake bears. On top of that, there is the new familiar from Baldwin, the new 5 piece apparel from Baldwin, 5 pieces from the treasure market, and if you have the funds, 5 pieces from the gem market.
The latter two might be in bundles too, but as for the treasure market, you still need to sit about refreshing for a while, hoping you get it.

Ahem... All in all, a lot of items only available for 2 weeks this year, unless you want to pay for it in the auction house. And if the 1% drop rate calculations are true, well...

At least they've gotten a very good way to keep us active on the site: Gotta check in every 2 hour, 5 mins at Baldwin, gotta refresh the market place and gotta keep grinding!

That said, still not calling for a change, but in a holiday I am already a bit stressed, my e-hoarding tendencies are screaming > >;
@Warhawk

I think that's the usual coli stops working when it's time for dragons to start feeling hungry thing. I get that fairly frequently at 11am EST and 7pm EST.
@Warhawk

I think that's the usual coli stops working when it's time for dragons to start feeling hungry thing. I get that fairly frequently at 11am EST and 7pm EST.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@ashotinthedark

You know what? I never thought of that. I thought it was the sudden surge of a thousand players joining in, but yeah, the Coli SEEMS to be working... Lets hope it continues.

And pray to the deities the drop rates get better oh boy.
@ashotinthedark

You know what? I never thought of that. I thought it was the sudden surge of a thousand players joining in, but yeah, the Coli SEEMS to be working... Lets hope it continues.

And pray to the deities the drop rates get better oh boy.
shelb.gif shellbubble.gif
at least NotN is proving to be a great stress test for the site

or at least the coli.
at least NotN is proving to be a great stress test for the site

or at least the coli.
I must say I'm in camp I prefer the way it was last year. Sure opening up hundreds of chests got a little boring after a while, but it was no more boring than just normal coli grinding with an abysmally low drop rate. At least it felt different than every other festival.
I must say I'm in camp I prefer the way it was last year. Sure opening up hundreds of chests got a little boring after a while, but it was no more boring than just normal coli grinding with an abysmally low drop rate. At least it felt different than every other festival.
@Falala At least I have the benefit of last NotN in my favor, I don't want to imagine starting as a newcomer to gather everything.

And while I like that Baldwin gives you chests, in some ways I wish Baldwin gave chests with more reliability for players who can't rely on the Coliseum. Especially since usage of the cauldron competes with Agols or Magician's gear, otherwise unobtainable if not purchased from other players.

I like the steps FR took to mitigate some of the heavy grinding from last year, but I wonder if the items they added to bring freshness to the event didn't undo some of that -- and just what more they will add next year to keep the event relevant.
@Falala At least I have the benefit of last NotN in my favor, I don't want to imagine starting as a newcomer to gather everything.

And while I like that Baldwin gives you chests, in some ways I wish Baldwin gave chests with more reliability for players who can't rely on the Coliseum. Especially since usage of the cauldron competes with Agols or Magician's gear, otherwise unobtainable if not purchased from other players.

I like the steps FR took to mitigate some of the heavy grinding from last year, but I wonder if the items they added to bring freshness to the event didn't undo some of that -- and just what more they will add next year to keep the event relevant.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8