Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | looks like notn is off to a good start.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think i'm going to wait until Christmas to open any chests i get, that way when they're full of bears i already have at least i won't be totally disapointed, haha.
I think i'm going to wait until Christmas to open any chests i get, that way when they're full of bears i already have at least i won't be totally disapointed, haha.
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o5_r3_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o6_r2_250.png
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o7_r2_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o8_r2_250.png
FR +8 FR tumblr
I've gotten three chests, opened one.

I'm tempted to sell any chests I come across rather than open them. Same goes for the powder used to make them. I can just buy the festival items I want directly and not get flooded with bears that way. Also, I want first gen nocturnes with Arcane eyes, so it'd probably be easier to just buy them rather than try to hatch them.
I've gotten three chests, opened one.

I'm tempted to sell any chests I come across rather than open them. Same goes for the powder used to make them. I can just buy the festival items I want directly and not get flooded with bears that way. Also, I want first gen nocturnes with Arcane eyes, so it'd probably be easier to just buy them rather than try to hatch them.
I have a theory of what's going on, just need to fully test and will update later with exact numbers.

However with just about 1/2 hour break I have been in the coli grinding trying different areas. Right now Arena has been the best and I think it's because it's in a sweet spot. I have encountered more sets with mimic mobs in them then Any other venue, it's high enough lvl area that base drop rate would be good, but you can kill the mobs really fast. I am going to go through 100 battles that in each venue that has mimics track if the set has 0, 1, 2, or 3 mimics in it, how long it took, and if any chest dropped from it. Think that will give the best idea of how everything looks, especially if go through the process a few times. Anyone that wants to join me would be great more info.
I have a theory of what's going on, just need to fully test and will update later with exact numbers.

However with just about 1/2 hour break I have been in the coli grinding trying different areas. Right now Arena has been the best and I think it's because it's in a sweet spot. I have encountered more sets with mimic mobs in them then Any other venue, it's high enough lvl area that base drop rate would be good, but you can kill the mobs really fast. I am going to go through 100 battles that in each venue that has mimics track if the set has 0, 1, 2, or 3 mimics in it, how long it took, and if any chest dropped from it. Think that will give the best idea of how everything looks, especially if go through the process a few times. Anyone that wants to join me would be great more info.
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
I actually don't have anything to complain about this time (and I usually whine about everything...)
I actually don't have anything to complain about this time (and I usually whine about everything...)
Not a complaint as such, I mean, things are as things are and so be it.

BUT...
I do find it a little odd that, considering this is an event that happens once a year, that so far as brought new familiars and items both times it has occurred, and is supposedly a kind of... holiday event? Gift giving event? that so much work is needed to gain much from it.

Yes, it is very awesome loot, but this event is also happening at a time where at least a good chunk of people might not be able to grind to get the awesome loot. And it just ends up being another of those 'some people have very efficient teams and can grind out a lot of loot in a short time, and sell it for all the treasure'.

Of course, I am one of them there collecting types, so this is very coloured by my possibly inability to sate the thirst for dem items, hah!

This, of course, is not a reason to change anything at all, and it does make the reward so much sweeter when you do get the chest, so... A matter of perspective.
Not a complaint as such, I mean, things are as things are and so be it.

BUT...
I do find it a little odd that, considering this is an event that happens once a year, that so far as brought new familiars and items both times it has occurred, and is supposedly a kind of... holiday event? Gift giving event? that so much work is needed to gain much from it.

Yes, it is very awesome loot, but this event is also happening at a time where at least a good chunk of people might not be able to grind to get the awesome loot. And it just ends up being another of those 'some people have very efficient teams and can grind out a lot of loot in a short time, and sell it for all the treasure'.

Of course, I am one of them there collecting types, so this is very coloured by my possibly inability to sate the thirst for dem items, hah!

This, of course, is not a reason to change anything at all, and it does make the reward so much sweeter when you do get the chest, so... A matter of perspective.
25 gathers.. 1 chest no eggs

Hour in the coli.. no chests or eggs

Yep they fixed the frustration factor of last year opening endless chests of junk. Now you just don't get chests.
25 gathers.. 1 chest no eggs

Hour in the coli.. no chests or eggs

Yep they fixed the frustration factor of last year opening endless chests of junk. Now you just don't get chests.
I for one am pretty happy with how NotN has turned out so far - there's way less lag, and the chests have great loot (by which I mean there's always something valuable in any given chest). The new familiars kick butt, and even though the drop rates aren't as good as last year, I think that's ultimately an improvement from last year's NotN. Now I'm genuinely excited to open chests. c: (And you can brew them at Baldwin's, which is pretty darn great :D)

Plus, as previously mentioned, there are tons of Magic Mirrors in the Arena. I'd definitely recommend farming there :3
I for one am pretty happy with how NotN has turned out so far - there's way less lag, and the chests have great loot (by which I mean there's always something valuable in any given chest). The new familiars kick butt, and even though the drop rates aren't as good as last year, I think that's ultimately an improvement from last year's NotN. Now I'm genuinely excited to open chests. c: (And you can brew them at Baldwin's, which is pretty darn great :D)

Plus, as previously mentioned, there are tons of Magic Mirrors in the Arena. I'd definitely recommend farming there :3
25 gathers at lvl 19 scavenging = absolutely nothing
25 gathers at lvl 19 scavenging = absolutely nothing
It seems the RNG has been kind to me, for once. I've been encountering a good number of NotN enemies at a fairly consistent rate in the Harpy's Roost (chest drop rates are still low, though!). It sounds like some people are having much worse luck than I this time around.

Anyway, just out of curiosity, has anybody had a NotN enemy drop itself in the Coli yet? I've heard that they don't drop themselves anymore and that you can only get them from the chests. Is this true?
It seems the RNG has been kind to me, for once. I've been encountering a good number of NotN enemies at a fairly consistent rate in the Harpy's Roost (chest drop rates are still low, though!). It sounds like some people are having much worse luck than I this time around.

Anyway, just out of curiosity, has anybody had a NotN enemy drop itself in the Coli yet? I've heard that they don't drop themselves anymore and that you can only get them from the chests. Is this true?
wmI4zZE.png
honestly, i had 26 gathers, so i scavenged in the ice area... i got 1 strange chest OTL
honestly, i had 26 gathers, so i scavenged in the ice area... i got 1 strange chest OTL
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8