Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spaceflight Rising
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56
Oh no I'm a sucker for space stuff. Now I'm just like what if I made an RP based off this and we're in hell now sobs
Oh no I'm a sucker for space stuff. Now I'm just like what if I made an RP based off this and we're in hell now sobs
JXVUomh.png
@Deathtoll @skyquest @AbyssFox @Extus @Crookedjaw @Zeco5000 @Saccharine @CosmicCoelacanth @ADragonStar @Wookiara @firewyrm2018 @SaturdayLemon @Zelan @dreamtime @ViglanteSnail @DarkDragonfly @raktajino @Houndstooth @ShardofSun @Aquacoral @BlueTrillium @tigressRising @Remorium @Carnifex

Since I've already have several people asking to be pinged for new stuff about this, I'm starting to consider making a pinglist or two. Possibly a general one for, say, things like short stories or art, and possibly one specifically for roleplays/the development of a potential roleplay group. Would any of you be interested in being added to these lists? If so, let me know in a PM so we don't spam this thread (unless you also have other ideas to contribute to this setting, in which, do go ahead and post them here *shot*).
@Deathtoll @skyquest @AbyssFox @Extus @Crookedjaw @Zeco5000 @Saccharine @CosmicCoelacanth @ADragonStar @Wookiara @firewyrm2018 @SaturdayLemon @Zelan @dreamtime @ViglanteSnail @DarkDragonfly @raktajino @Houndstooth @ShardofSun @Aquacoral @BlueTrillium @tigressRising @Remorium @Carnifex

Since I've already have several people asking to be pinged for new stuff about this, I'm starting to consider making a pinglist or two. Possibly a general one for, say, things like short stories or art, and possibly one specifically for roleplays/the development of a potential roleplay group. Would any of you be interested in being added to these lists? If so, let me know in a PM so we don't spam this thread (unless you also have other ideas to contribute to this setting, in which, do go ahead and post them here *shot*).
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
This is an absolutely magnificent idea and I'm having so much fun envisioning what the ships and fleets would look like (though for plague I think my mind seems to have settled on a combination of Reaver ships from Firefly and the inside Wraith ships from Stargate: Atlantis except with a lot more gore haha). I'm really interested to see where this will go!

It's times like these where I absolutely adore the creativity of this user base.
This is an absolutely magnificent idea and I'm having so much fun envisioning what the ships and fleets would look like (though for plague I think my mind seems to have settled on a combination of Reaver ships from Firefly and the inside Wraith ships from Stargate: Atlantis except with a lot more gore haha). I'm really interested to see where this will go!

It's times like these where I absolutely adore the creativity of this user base.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
@Rizzox Not gonna lie, I actually had Wraith ships in mind when I was thinking of what Plague ships would look like. XD
@Rizzox Not gonna lie, I actually had Wraith ships in mind when I was thinking of what Plague ships would look like. XD
@Llealynarisia

OK I must be pinged for this as this is amazing.
@Llealynarisia

OK I must be pinged for this as this is amazing.
w2N3au9.png
[quote name="Deathtoll" date=2015-10-20 14:57:55] ... Plague would just essentially be Zerg [s]you know, more then usual[/s]. [img]http://us.battle.net/sc2/static/images/game/race/zerg-story-thumb.jpg[/img] Just another day in the post apocalypse [s]part 3? Thanks Arcanist.[/s] [/quote] I'm honestly tempted to join Plague now just for this... *pets Zergling my mirror derg* But I like it here with my high-tech plasma ship..can we somehow "accidentaly" let some zerglings & ultralisks [s]or is it dergling & dergalisk?[/s] on and hope they don't destroy anything? xD
Deathtoll wrote on 2015-10-20:
... Plague would just essentially be Zerg you know, more then usual.

zerg-story-thumb.jpg

Just another day in the post apocalypse part 3? Thanks Arcanist.

I'm honestly tempted to join Plague now just for this...
*pets Zergling my mirror derg* But I like it here with my high-tech plasma ship..can we somehow "accidentaly" let some zerglings & ultralisks or is it dergling & dergalisk? on and hope they don't destroy anything? xD
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
@Llealynarisia - Hmm... pings... *thinky* Well I am not practiced at all really at dragon role-play (all my current RPs are humanoid - and not on this site) but... yeah, if you build pinglists please do add me to them (all of them, I think, since I won't know what I'll be interested in until I see it xD). I may or may not be able to actually RP, but I'd definitely be up for brainstorming lore stuff like this for other people to use, etc.

As for more ideas...

Oh neat, I'd forgotten about the Shade needing representation in this AU. Kudos @StrykeSlammerII for bringing it up! xD I'd second spidery-sorta ships for the Shade - if the Shade actually needs ships at all, hmm... it may not. I need to reread that section of the encyclopedia again. xD

(Shadow ships I picture more... ninja-like. Sleek, narrow, sharp-looking things like daggers or stilettos or those handheld-trident sorta things (vocab failing me), maybe even ninja-stars, but no more than 4 points heh)

I think somebody (most likely Arcane, maybe with some assist from Shadow haha) oughtta be powered by anti-matter. xD Implosions!

Expanding a bit further on my previous thoughts about Water ships (being surrounded by that amorphous opaque (from the outside) bubble - inside the bubble the actual ships are likely as individualistic and unique as the clans themselves, with no real repeating form from ship to ship other than perhaps some sort of spiral central structure a la the spiral keep and various seashells. They'd often have a nacreous finish, smooth and mother-of-pearl-like. Various fins (more drift-y than stiff I'd say) are also pretty common, though actual fin configuration tends to be unique.

As for actual propulsion/energy source... still working on that. xD I figure that, to most water dragons, it would be a mystery even to them, but that each clan does have a few more technologically-inclined individuals to maintain those systems. Perhaps they usually 'drift' or pull themselves along on the currents of space particles, able to 'warp' along them at greater speeds when needed... (VERY vestigial idea heh. I have not made any in-depth study of space myself and am definitely no expert, I just figure Water-ship locomotion would be as swim-like as possible in space, and that they might gain their power source from that same locomotion)
@Llealynarisia - Hmm... pings... *thinky* Well I am not practiced at all really at dragon role-play (all my current RPs are humanoid - and not on this site) but... yeah, if you build pinglists please do add me to them (all of them, I think, since I won't know what I'll be interested in until I see it xD). I may or may not be able to actually RP, but I'd definitely be up for brainstorming lore stuff like this for other people to use, etc.

As for more ideas...

Oh neat, I'd forgotten about the Shade needing representation in this AU. Kudos @StrykeSlammerII for bringing it up! xD I'd second spidery-sorta ships for the Shade - if the Shade actually needs ships at all, hmm... it may not. I need to reread that section of the encyclopedia again. xD

(Shadow ships I picture more... ninja-like. Sleek, narrow, sharp-looking things like daggers or stilettos or those handheld-trident sorta things (vocab failing me), maybe even ninja-stars, but no more than 4 points heh)

I think somebody (most likely Arcane, maybe with some assist from Shadow haha) oughtta be powered by anti-matter. xD Implosions!

Expanding a bit further on my previous thoughts about Water ships (being surrounded by that amorphous opaque (from the outside) bubble - inside the bubble the actual ships are likely as individualistic and unique as the clans themselves, with no real repeating form from ship to ship other than perhaps some sort of spiral central structure a la the spiral keep and various seashells. They'd often have a nacreous finish, smooth and mother-of-pearl-like. Various fins (more drift-y than stiff I'd say) are also pretty common, though actual fin configuration tends to be unique.

As for actual propulsion/energy source... still working on that. xD I figure that, to most water dragons, it would be a mystery even to them, but that each clan does have a few more technologically-inclined individuals to maintain those systems. Perhaps they usually 'drift' or pull themselves along on the currents of space particles, able to 'warp' along them at greater speeds when needed... (VERY vestigial idea heh. I have not made any in-depth study of space myself and am definitely no expert, I just figure Water-ship locomotion would be as swim-like as possible in space, and that they might gain their power source from that same locomotion)
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
@Llealynarisia
yeah if there is a ping list, I certainly want to be on it.
AND BECAUSE MY SCANNER FAILED, I CAN'T SHARE ART ATM, but I am Writing something.
@Llealynarisia
yeah if there is a ping list, I certainly want to be on it.
AND BECAUSE MY SCANNER FAILED, I CAN'T SHARE ART ATM, but I am Writing something.
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
@Llealynarisia

I'd love to see Shade battleships too - it would be nice to see the Spaceflights unite instead of fighting each other (kind of how everyone wishes the people in Westeros would unite against the Others) :P I'd see the Shade as some sort of alien race, very distinct from the dragons too.
@Llealynarisia

I'd love to see Shade battleships too - it would be nice to see the Spaceflights unite instead of fighting each other (kind of how everyone wishes the people in Westeros would unite against the Others) :P I'd see the Shade as some sort of alien race, very distinct from the dragons too.
qioWu9F.pngo9xkHM4.png73sUCnX.pngJVDVBna.pngbz42cD2.png
@AviatorPi Added you to the list! Welcome aboard~ *shot*

@BlueTrillium I added you to both lists as well~ As for the Shade, if I remember right, it wasn't exactly in any kind of vessel when it came upon Sornieth, so that would likely also be the case here. I can already imagine how it might have been first discovered, however; an exploration ship from farther out, possibly Arcane, suddenly vanishes without a trace. Nothing is found at its last known coordinates, trying to hail it raises only static. After a few weeks, the search is called off, the ship declared lost, its crew mourned before everyone eventually moves on.

But then, a few months later, another ship suddenly encounters the one that was thought gone. It looks perfectly fine, sensors aren't picking up anything abnormal, and the ship responds when it is hailed...but something about the dragon that's talking to them seems...off. They refuse to open up visual, claiming their cameras are malfunctioning, there's no inflection in their voice (and Fae are almost never assigned to a communications post), and they sound more like a hatchling that just moved beyond the basics of learning how to speak than a crew member of a ship.

They claim that there is something wrong with their ship, and that they need help, but they refuse to go into detail when asked. They need help...please, come and help them...come over here.....

The ship that had found them disappears without a trace.....
@AviatorPi Added you to the list! Welcome aboard~ *shot*

@BlueTrillium I added you to both lists as well~ As for the Shade, if I remember right, it wasn't exactly in any kind of vessel when it came upon Sornieth, so that would likely also be the case here. I can already imagine how it might have been first discovered, however; an exploration ship from farther out, possibly Arcane, suddenly vanishes without a trace. Nothing is found at its last known coordinates, trying to hail it raises only static. After a few weeks, the search is called off, the ship declared lost, its crew mourned before everyone eventually moves on.

But then, a few months later, another ship suddenly encounters the one that was thought gone. It looks perfectly fine, sensors aren't picking up anything abnormal, and the ship responds when it is hailed...but something about the dragon that's talking to them seems...off. They refuse to open up visual, claiming their cameras are malfunctioning, there's no inflection in their voice (and Fae are almost never assigned to a communications post), and they sound more like a hatchling that just moved beyond the basics of learning how to speak than a crew member of a ship.

They claim that there is something wrong with their ship, and that they need help, but they refuse to go into detail when asked. They need help...please, come and help them...come over here.....

The ship that had found them disappears without a trace.....
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56