Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I don't care about familiars. Just me?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I love collecting rare familiars...

to sell on the AH.

Been here two years and only managed to Awaken one. It's too tedious.
I love collecting rare familiars...

to sell on the AH.

Been here two years and only managed to Awaken one. It's too tedious.
tumblr_inline_njuc3et6dV1qmu9vp.png
i just sell all of mine that are worth selling XD
i just sell all of mine that are worth selling XD
jhDZb.gif yvRwk.gif
I'm a casual collector. If I come across one in the coli or through the 50k give & get, I'll gladly keep them. But I won't go out of my way to purchase one otherwise (although if I had the money, I'd make an exception for the Shadow Sprite - I want at least one of everything from my own flight's holidays. And Bone Fiend, but yeah).

At one stage I bonded with all of them each day, but now I just kinda bond with the ones on my dragons (excluding awakened, since there's barely a point).
I'm a casual collector. If I come across one in the coli or through the 50k give & get, I'll gladly keep them. But I won't go out of my way to purchase one otherwise (although if I had the money, I'd make an exception for the Shadow Sprite - I want at least one of everything from my own flight's holidays. And Bone Fiend, but yeah).

At one stage I bonded with all of them each day, but now I just kinda bond with the ones on my dragons (excluding awakened, since there's barely a point).
Gr7tY6Q.gif
I like having a variety of familiars to keep my supply of chests flowing, but I have no interest in "catching 'em all". I keep one of every familiar I acquire (duplicates go in the AH or the cauldron), but I don't go out of my way to get new ones - I obtain them only from opening chests, leveling dragons in the coli, or using holiday currency during festivals. I don't buy them with treasure/gems and I don't actively grind for them in the coli.

Keeping a familiar on all my permanent dragons prevents me from accidentally selling or trading them, and it signals to anyone viewing my lair that the dragon is not for sale. Other than that, I pretty much just see familiars as treasure/chest dispensers.
I like having a variety of familiars to keep my supply of chests flowing, but I have no interest in "catching 'em all". I keep one of every familiar I acquire (duplicates go in the AH or the cauldron), but I don't go out of my way to get new ones - I obtain them only from opening chests, leveling dragons in the coli, or using holiday currency during festivals. I don't buy them with treasure/gems and I don't actively grind for them in the coli.

Keeping a familiar on all my permanent dragons prevents me from accidentally selling or trading them, and it signals to anyone viewing my lair that the dragon is not for sale. Other than that, I pretty much just see familiars as treasure/chest dispensers.
a2lgFWW.pngxZFY4RG.pngyYXzKag.png
I'd love to be a collector but every time I remember the Light Sprite I could have gotten when I joined but was too n00b to get I just kind of stare into the abyss and try not to care about familiars
I'd love to be a collector but every time I remember the Light Sprite I could have gotten when I joined but was too n00b to get I just kind of stare into the abyss and try not to care about familiars
LIo8D8G.gif
I used to not care about collecting familiars at all, but at some point I ran out of dragon projects and it was no fun to have this huge pile of treasure and nothing to work on. So I started buying familiars and I've been seriously collecting ever since- I like having longterm goals and projects :>
I used to not care about collecting familiars at all, but at some point I ran out of dragon projects and it was no fun to have this huge pile of treasure and nothing to work on. So I started buying familiars and I've been seriously collecting ever since- I like having longterm goals and projects :>
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
I don't really collect them, but I do like to have them!
I don't really collect them, but I do like to have them!
I very rarely buy them from other people, but I like getting them from the Coliseum; It's a good incentive to go into each venue. I also like watching the number in my Bestiary go up when I get a new one.

Though if familiars ever start permanently registering in the Bestiary then I'll happily sell of the majority of my collection. I dump them in the vault when they hit Awakened and they rot there so I'm not attached to many of them. I have come close to just selling them off before, but as I said, I like seeing how many I have. Well, that and I can not be bothered to click on each one individually to move them back to my hoard to sell.

I very rarely buy them from other people, but I like getting them from the Coliseum; It's a good incentive to go into each venue. I also like watching the number in my Bestiary go up when I get a new one.

Though if familiars ever start permanently registering in the Bestiary then I'll happily sell of the majority of my collection. I dump them in the vault when they hit Awakened and they rot there so I'm not attached to many of them. I have come close to just selling them off before, but as I said, I like seeing how many I have. Well, that and I can not be bothered to click on each one individually to move them back to my hoard to sell.

I don't really like apparel or breeding or anything Collecting familiars is a little project for me, in conjunction with my new WC collection.

I can understand why people wouldn't really care though
I don't really like apparel or breeding or anything Collecting familiars is a little project for me, in conjunction with my new WC collection.

I can understand why people wouldn't really care though
8 hours ahead of FR time, please ping me!
@Midwich
jt3PpxV.png
[quote name="QueenCheetah93" date=2015-07-23 17:32:49] .... I was born in the pokemon generation. ....gotta catch em all [/quote] [quote name="Carcinogen" date=2015-07-23 19:43:33] I just can't stand toggling through the pages with greyed out entries. They must be beautiful and full of color. [/quote] [quote name="Alecko" date=2015-07-24 10:06:40] ... if familiars ever start permanently registering in the Bestiary then I'll happily sell of the majority of my collection. I dump them in the vault when they hit Awakened and they rot there so I'm not attached to many of them. I have come close to just selling them off before, but as I said, I like seeing how many I have... [/quote] These quotes describe it very well. If the bestiary didn't exist, neither would my obsession with familiars. [s]My completionist tendency also makes me hate achievements like 'You're the best around' and 'Does not compute' as both are ones I'll either never get or will not be able to [b]keep[/b].[/s]
QueenCheetah93 wrote on 2015-07-23:
.... I was born in the pokemon generation.

....gotta catch em all
Carcinogen wrote on 2015-07-23:
I just can't stand toggling through the pages with greyed out entries. They must be beautiful and full of color.
Alecko wrote on 2015-07-24:
... if familiars ever start permanently registering in the Bestiary then I'll happily sell of the majority of my collection. I dump them in the vault when they hit Awakened and they rot there so I'm not attached to many of them. I have come close to just selling them off before, but as I said, I like seeing how many I have...

These quotes describe it very well. If the bestiary didn't exist, neither would my obsession with familiars. My completionist tendency also makes me hate achievements like 'You're the best around' and 'Does not compute' as both are ones I'll either never get or will not be able to keep.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8