Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you think exalting is?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like a lot of people, I think exalting is literally sending the dragon to live with the deities and do whatever needs to be done. I think there's probably a whole exaltation ceremony associated with it that varies by flight and clan as well. The ones that we train in the coliseum beforehand may go into battle, while untrained adults and hatchlings do things like healing, cleaning, etc.

I like to think that often water clans collect extraordinarily prophetically-gifted dragons to exalt to the Tidelord, as that seems to be something he would really like. I also think that exalting can actually be a way to save a mortally wounded or ill dragon--if they can't be healed by standard means, the kindest thing to do is send them to their deity in honor, where the magic of the god in question can heal and preserve them.
Like a lot of people, I think exalting is literally sending the dragon to live with the deities and do whatever needs to be done. I think there's probably a whole exaltation ceremony associated with it that varies by flight and clan as well. The ones that we train in the coliseum beforehand may go into battle, while untrained adults and hatchlings do things like healing, cleaning, etc.

I like to think that often water clans collect extraordinarily prophetically-gifted dragons to exalt to the Tidelord, as that seems to be something he would really like. I also think that exalting can actually be a way to save a mortally wounded or ill dragon--if they can't be healed by standard means, the kindest thing to do is send them to their deity in honor, where the magic of the god in question can heal and preserve them.
cvhDu9P.gif
i, personally, headcanon it as death.
although in site canon, it's sending dragons to your deity.
i, personally, headcanon it as death.
although in site canon, it's sending dragons to your deity.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
@Virhekappale
My clan runs on a Head cannon I have to the exalting

My Headcannon to the exalting is that a exalted dragon is a dragon that had come to the end of his or her lifetime and has finally gone up to serve a higher purpose. Meaning that they essentially have died and have gone to dragon Valhalla to serve under their respective gods wing. That would be a good theory guess since Most people exalt their dragons at level 10-20

What makes this headcannon slightly sad however, is that that would mean that hatchlings that were exalted were baby dragons who didn't survive long enough to live a full life and gain the experience they would need to serve. hence why level 1-9 have a small amount of money when you exalt them. While levels 10-25 AKA older dragons have more money when you exalt them because they lived long enough to collect more earnings then the babies'

Which is kinda sad seeing as though that would mean that exalted hatchlings died very very young
@Virhekappale
My clan runs on a Head cannon I have to the exalting

My Headcannon to the exalting is that a exalted dragon is a dragon that had come to the end of his or her lifetime and has finally gone up to serve a higher purpose. Meaning that they essentially have died and have gone to dragon Valhalla to serve under their respective gods wing. That would be a good theory guess since Most people exalt their dragons at level 10-20

What makes this headcannon slightly sad however, is that that would mean that hatchlings that were exalted were baby dragons who didn't survive long enough to live a full life and gain the experience they would need to serve. hence why level 1-9 have a small amount of money when you exalt them. While levels 10-25 AKA older dragons have more money when you exalt them because they lived long enough to collect more earnings then the babies'

Which is kinda sad seeing as though that would mean that exalted hatchlings died very very young
U.D.A.T
Personally, I think of Exalting as something a dragon does when they are getting on in years; as kind of a final gift to the world. They serve their deity until they die, for most of my dragons view that as a final honor. Sometimes, when I Exalt hatchlings, I give them the headcannon that they died at birth. It's kind of a 'death' thing for me.
Personally, I think of Exalting as something a dragon does when they are getting on in years; as kind of a final gift to the world. They serve their deity until they die, for most of my dragons view that as a final honor. Sometimes, when I Exalt hatchlings, I give them the headcannon that they died at birth. It's kind of a 'death' thing for me.
2ECUufo.pnglYpSCN5.pngB56DTEe.png1gEpZ0H.pngBNLSVhl.png6FgVFSd.png
I think they get absorbed into the tum tum of their deity and feel nothing but eternal joy.
I think they get absorbed into the tum tum of their deity and feel nothing but eternal joy.
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
I go by the site's definition. They are sent to their deities to serve them, however they may wish.
I go by the site's definition. They are sent to their deities to serve them, however they may wish.
image.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gifimage.png
theyve been drafted for war....

i think theyre also technically saints once you exalt them

edit: who necro'd this thread
hello
theyve been drafted for war....

i think theyre also technically saints once you exalt them

edit: who necro'd this thread
hello

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
I pick up fodder dragon
I yeet fodder dragon to Arcanist
Arcanist is happy
Fodder dragon is happy
My lair is happy

Okay, in my lore, it's that they just... get called to serve the Arcanist in stuff like expanding the territory, fending off the Shade, and sweeping the Observatory's floors
I pick up fodder dragon
I yeet fodder dragon to Arcanist
Arcanist is happy
Fodder dragon is happy
My lair is happy

Okay, in my lore, it's that they just... get called to serve the Arcanist in stuff like expanding the territory, fending off the Shade, and sweeping the Observatory's floors
Fandragon directory here Wishlists here and here

Check out my dressing service:https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3293238/1
for me, it depends on the situation. in lore and headcanon purposes, exaltation either means death or enlistment for war (that will almost certainly result in death) (under the deities). i think of it this way because of how permanent exalting is. you only have a few chances to get them back - and if someone buys my dragon and exalts it, they're not loving it or doing anything with it, it's just.. yk. being exalted. (that's fine in the case of purchasing (i do sell fodder after all)).

however, it does make me a little sad, because of that very reason - the dragon is not being loved. an exalted dragon is never going to be as loved as one in a lair. so while i would never, and do not, judge a person who exalts dragons, that remains my lore & thinking.

edit: also, in my lore, the deities are not necessarily... good. so... they fight. everything they want to. annnnddd they get other dragons to be their soldiers 'cause every general needs an army. but exaltation is conscription, and conscription is lethal, as well as constant.
for me, it depends on the situation. in lore and headcanon purposes, exaltation either means death or enlistment for war (that will almost certainly result in death) (under the deities). i think of it this way because of how permanent exalting is. you only have a few chances to get them back - and if someone buys my dragon and exalts it, they're not loving it or doing anything with it, it's just.. yk. being exalted. (that's fine in the case of purchasing (i do sell fodder after all)).

however, it does make me a little sad, because of that very reason - the dragon is not being loved. an exalted dragon is never going to be as loved as one in a lair. so while i would never, and do not, judge a person who exalts dragons, that remains my lore & thinking.

edit: also, in my lore, the deities are not necessarily... good. so... they fight. everything they want to. annnnddd they get other dragons to be their soldiers 'cause every general needs an army. but exaltation is conscription, and conscription is lethal, as well as constant.
tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png ...

hi, i'm slipfast :)

and this is alicent
............................................................................................

SVKYjFc.gif
I used to view exaltation as strictly death. I view it now as dragons going to Valhalla, or the halls of their deity to support the worlds of the skies (at least, when I exalt).
If others exalt my dragons, sending them to the halls of another deity, I do see that as death for lore purposes
I used to view exaltation as strictly death. I view it now as dragons going to Valhalla, or the halls of their deity to support the worlds of the skies (at least, when I exalt).
If others exalt my dragons, sending them to the halls of another deity, I do see that as death for lore purposes
SQVdsFh.png oi. ~Grad student~
~ Lair purge! Breeding pairs & pretties!
~ PWYW Fodder Saves Here! Accepting fodder, gems, treasure, etc.
QsENFIw.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8