Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you think exalting is?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
During Lightning pushes, we take all the interns and slap them into large cannons and shoot them up to serve the bossman.

I feel like exalting can cover a lot of different ways the dragons go to serve their deity. They can either physically leave to battle or they could die and have their spirit or magic essence be used by the deity.
During Lightning pushes, we take all the interns and slap them into large cannons and shoot them up to serve the bossman.

I feel like exalting can cover a lot of different ways the dragons go to serve their deity. They can either physically leave to battle or they could die and have their spirit or magic essence be used by the deity.
ugly_flip_by_fefesan-d9mwu90.gif
Listening to: Cilantro - Patricia Taxxon
301.gif
Maybe they're like Janissaries?
Maybe they're like Janissaries?
I think it was written vaguely for a reason, so people can interpret it how they please. People can have bloody headcanons and people can have more lighthearted/fun ones, or noble ones or whatever, and just write it up to clan differences.

Maybe some of them take the monk route, give up all of their earthly possessions (thus leaving with no apparel/familiars and leaving their earthly wealth to the clan) to go serve the deities by means of self-improvement and trying to live how their respective god (or adopted god) would want.

Surprise surprise, I prefer the darker headcanons and usually name my exalts to reflect that, but I wouldn't ever mock someone that doesn't like to see it that way, and prefers to think of it differently. Their clan just honors their deities differently or whatever. :P
I think it was written vaguely for a reason, so people can interpret it how they please. People can have bloody headcanons and people can have more lighthearted/fun ones, or noble ones or whatever, and just write it up to clan differences.

Maybe some of them take the monk route, give up all of their earthly possessions (thus leaving with no apparel/familiars and leaving their earthly wealth to the clan) to go serve the deities by means of self-improvement and trying to live how their respective god (or adopted god) would want.

Surprise surprise, I prefer the darker headcanons and usually name my exalts to reflect that, but I wouldn't ever mock someone that doesn't like to see it that way, and prefers to think of it differently. Their clan just honors their deities differently or whatever. :P
I always like to think that the "ugly" hatchlings are seen as most honorable and have the most potential to serve their deity.

As for me, since I am in Ice, I like to think our exalts go off to strengthen the Fortress and act as prison guards.
I always like to think that the "ugly" hatchlings are seen as most honorable and have the most potential to serve their deity.

As for me, since I am in Ice, I like to think our exalts go off to strengthen the Fortress and act as prison guards.
lik2pA1X.jpg
I believe that the dragon just moves in with the deity. They don't get killed or anything they just go to serve them. In ways other than ya know, blood sacrifice lol

I probably just think that so I feel better about it
I believe that the dragon just moves in with the deity. They don't get killed or anything they just go to serve them. In ways other than ya know, blood sacrifice lol

I probably just think that so I feel better about it
oyTHbGN.pngtumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo1_250.png
[quote name="Slyjinks" date=2015-07-10 10:10:13] "Send this dragon directly to serve under your flight's elemental god. Such a high honor will remove them from your lair forever." Quoted directly from the tool when you hover your mouse over the "Exalt" button of an eligible dragon. Also, directly quoted from any exalted dragon's page: "This dragon was exalted to the ranks of the [deity] where they now serve a higher cause." On the Dominance page: "These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes." Also keep in mind that, unlike with humans who will use "going to live with god" as a metaphor for death, dragon gods are visible, physical beings, and if you have an ancient lair, you are literally your god's neighbor. There's no reason you can't headcanon that your deity occasionally sends one of their exalted down to your lair to borrow a cup of sugar in order to serve the cause of Dominance! Some people have darker headcanons, but anything above the above is just that, a player's personal headcanon. If a person enjoys making it into something darker and more negative than the actual lore, that's fine, as long as they don't try to force those headcanons on me by going around insisting that I'm "murdering dragons" or whatnot by exalting them. [/quote] True. They are beings- you could touch them. It also says that (in the quote) "using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes." So, they don't die, yet do something great. The definition of exalt is ex·alt i??zôlt/ verb hold (someone or something) in very high regard; think or speak very highly of. "the party will continue to exalt its hero" synonyms: extol, praise, acclaim, esteem; More raise to a higher rank or a position of greater power. "this naturally exalts the peasant above his brethren in the same rank of society" synonyms: elevate, promote, raise, advance, upgrade, ennoble, dignify, aggrandize "this power exalts the peasant" make noble in character; dignify. "romanticism liberated the imagination and exalted the emotions" synonyms: elevate, promote, raise, advance, upgrade, ennoble, dignify, aggrandize More Which is a great thing! Hope this helps @Virhekappale
Slyjinks wrote on 2015-07-10:
"Send this dragon directly to serve under your flight's elemental god. Such a high honor will remove them from your lair forever."

Quoted directly from the tool when you hover your mouse over the "Exalt" button of an eligible dragon.

Also, directly quoted from any exalted dragon's page:

"This dragon was exalted to the ranks of the [deity] where they now serve a higher cause."

On the Dominance page: "These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes."

Also keep in mind that, unlike with humans who will use "going to live with god" as a metaphor for death, dragon gods are visible, physical beings, and if you have an ancient lair, you are literally your god's neighbor. There's no reason you can't headcanon that your deity occasionally sends one of their exalted down to your lair to borrow a cup of sugar in order to serve the cause of Dominance!

Some people have darker headcanons, but anything above the above is just that, a player's personal headcanon. If a person enjoys making it into something darker and more negative than the actual lore, that's fine, as long as they don't try to force those headcanons on me by going around insisting that I'm "murdering dragons" or whatnot by exalting them.

True. They are beings- you could touch them. It also says that (in the quote) "using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes."

So, they don't die, yet do something great. The definition of exalt is ex·alt
i??zôlt/
verb
hold (someone or something) in very high regard; think or speak very highly of.
"the party will continue to exalt its hero"
synonyms: extol, praise, acclaim, esteem; More
raise to a higher rank or a position of greater power.
"this naturally exalts the peasant above his brethren in the same rank of society"
synonyms: elevate, promote, raise, advance, upgrade, ennoble, dignify, aggrandize
"this power exalts the peasant"
make noble in character; dignify.
"romanticism liberated the imagination and exalted the emotions"
synonyms: elevate, promote, raise, advance, upgrade, ennoble, dignify, aggrandize More

Which is a great thing!
Hope this helps
@Virhekappale
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
I have had trouble with the idea of Exalting, but I have come look at it this way--dragons are not all alike. Some dragons are happy to stay home, but some just have to seek their fortune in the wide world. They might move to another lair or another flight, but usually it means they go to the Windsinger.

All the dragons I send have at least gone through basic training and are prepared to fight, but some are also good at storytelling, singing, dancing, painting, or baking! Some have a passion for scientific or historical knowledge, and for sharing that knowledge. Some just love to wander with our merry deity and have adventures. Each serves the Windsinger in his own way.
I have had trouble with the idea of Exalting, but I have come look at it this way--dragons are not all alike. Some dragons are happy to stay home, but some just have to seek their fortune in the wide world. They might move to another lair or another flight, but usually it means they go to the Windsinger.

All the dragons I send have at least gone through basic training and are prepared to fight, but some are also good at storytelling, singing, dancing, painting, or baking! Some have a passion for scientific or historical knowledge, and for sharing that knowledge. Some just love to wander with our merry deity and have adventures. Each serves the Windsinger in his own way.
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
I always figured they would just travel to whatever habitat was shown on the deity userpages.
I always figured they would just travel to whatever habitat was shown on the deity userpages.
Hugs? Hugs!
37132792_350.png
It gives me great peace to imagine that exalted dragons are absorbed into the bodies of their deity, sort of like the end of Akira.
It gives me great peace to imagine that exalted dragons are absorbed into the bodies of their deity, sort of like the end of Akira.
Aah thank you all! I really like the monk headcanon!
Aah thank you all! I really like the monk headcanon!
Heini | She/her | 10 hours ahead of server time
TUMBLR | DEVIANTART
tumblr_inline_nk71aeUysX1qg2i5p.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8