Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you think exalting is?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[color=#20603f]Your dragon is sent to flight for your respective deity in the ongoing war of dominance over Sornieth. [quote=Encyclopedia]Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes.[/quote] [color=#20603f]Exalting is considered a very high honor but your dragon can never come back. Their fate is ambiguous, though they probably fight forever until they are slain in battle. The money you receive comes from the dragon's own personal riches. [quote=Exalting Tooltip]Send this dragon to directly serve under your flight's elemental god. Such a high honor will remove them from your lair forever. They will leave behind their own personal stash of riches.[/quote] [color=#20603f]Dammit when I was writing this nobody covered this yet but now everyone took the words out of my mouth. Torru out.
Your dragon is sent to flight for your respective deity in the ongoing war of dominance over Sornieth.

Encyclopedia wrote:
Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes.

Exalting is considered a very high honor but your dragon can never come back. Their fate is ambiguous, though they probably fight forever until they are slain in battle. The money you receive comes from the dragon's own personal riches.

Exalting Tooltip wrote:
Send this dragon to directly serve under your flight's elemental god. Such a high honor will remove them from your lair forever. They will leave behind their own personal stash of riches.

Dammit when I was writing this nobody covered this yet but now everyone took the words out of my mouth. Torru out.

tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif
Thank you all for your help!
Thank you all for your help!
Heini | She/her | 10 hours ahead of server time
TUMBLR | DEVIANTART
tumblr_inline_nk71aeUysX1qg2i5p.png
@Garuna

I didn't say that. I said that anything more than that is a headcanon, and also, that people are free to have darker headcanons if they want, as long as they're not trying to enforce them on the rest of the game.

Which is, to me, what is going on when people get worked up over whether "their" dragons and hatchlings (dragons and hatchlings that are not really theirs anymore if they sold them) getting exalted.

If someone wants to do the "exalting = death" thing, that's fine. If someone insists that exalting = death and wants to cast judgement on other people for exalting (say, because that person does not chose to read things that way), that's when it becomes not fine.

No headcanon may be more valid than another, but when that headcanon starts to negatively impact the way a player treats another player, that's where my issues lie.
@Garuna

I didn't say that. I said that anything more than that is a headcanon, and also, that people are free to have darker headcanons if they want, as long as they're not trying to enforce them on the rest of the game.

Which is, to me, what is going on when people get worked up over whether "their" dragons and hatchlings (dragons and hatchlings that are not really theirs anymore if they sold them) getting exalted.

If someone wants to do the "exalting = death" thing, that's fine. If someone insists that exalting = death and wants to cast judgement on other people for exalting (say, because that person does not chose to read things that way), that's when it becomes not fine.

No headcanon may be more valid than another, but when that headcanon starts to negatively impact the way a player treats another player, that's where my issues lie.
dJjYcxr.png
@Slyjinks That's all.... fine, but I don't see anyone trying to do that here? Everyone on this thread has just been discussing their own interpretations, nobody's saying anyone's wrong.
@Slyjinks That's all.... fine, but I don't see anyone trying to do that here? Everyone on this thread has just been discussing their own interpretations, nobody's saying anyone's wrong.
ch1ZmDJ.png
pretty much exactly what it says in the lore: dragons leave their clans to engage in fisticuffs with other dragons. and longnecks.
i'm not very original besides it's refreshing to have a positive take on the "abandon" feature present on most pet sites.
pretty much exactly what it says in the lore: dragons leave their clans to engage in fisticuffs with other dragons. and longnecks.
i'm not very original besides it's refreshing to have a positive take on the "abandon" feature present on most pet sites.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
The gods, like many have said, are physical- so they most likely don't "die" per say. Although at the same time that hasn't exactly been confirmed- which is why most people use headcanons in order to spruce it up.

Like with hatchlings, I have a headcanon that they just hang around with their deity and do small, rather useless things, until they're old enough to train for the Dominance battles.

We may never know, really, until the admins say something about the whole ordeal or detail the lore around dominance battles and exalting a little more.
The gods, like many have said, are physical- so they most likely don't "die" per say. Although at the same time that hasn't exactly been confirmed- which is why most people use headcanons in order to spruce it up.

Like with hatchlings, I have a headcanon that they just hang around with their deity and do small, rather useless things, until they're old enough to train for the Dominance battles.

We may never know, really, until the admins say something about the whole ordeal or detail the lore around dominance battles and exalting a little more.
iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
There's a headcanon in Wind about all exalted dragons going off to rap battles with their deities.

There's a headcanon in Wind about all exalted dragons going off to rap battles with their deities.

globules.png
I stick mostly to site lore/canon with exalting, which other people have illustrated perfectly. It's also the basis for my clan lore - dragons are allowed to stay provided they know that more often than not their children will be exalted to the Plaguebringer to serve Her once they become adults and the time is right (aka they meet an exalting bonus for the day or I need space and none of them do so I just exalt the oldest ones to make space).

Once they're with the Plaguebringer whatever happens to them is beyond the control of the clan. Some may be asked to help fight other flights and the beastclans, as the lore says, and others might serve non-combat purposes such as healing the sick and hurt or looking after the hatchlings that people exalt and things like that.
I stick mostly to site lore/canon with exalting, which other people have illustrated perfectly. It's also the basis for my clan lore - dragons are allowed to stay provided they know that more often than not their children will be exalted to the Plaguebringer to serve Her once they become adults and the time is right (aka they meet an exalting bonus for the day or I need space and none of them do so I just exalt the oldest ones to make space).

Once they're with the Plaguebringer whatever happens to them is beyond the control of the clan. Some may be asked to help fight other flights and the beastclans, as the lore says, and others might serve non-combat purposes such as healing the sick and hurt or looking after the hatchlings that people exalt and things like that.
According to my clan and my priestess, the dragons we exalt are helping the Shadowbinder to keep the Tangled Wood running smoothly: doing her errands, helping the brambles grow and controlling the weather, maintaining a clear border between her realm and the neighboring ones, et cetera. In times of battle, they fight by her side against the Beastclans and Shade and whatever else might threaten our land.

According to me, our dear shadowed Mother is more than a little overwhelmed by all these dragons we keep sending her. She can't remember any of their names and she's running out of things for them to do, so a lot of them just mill around and play games/play pranks on each other until she says "I don't know, go steal Lightweaver's socks or something."
According to my clan and my priestess, the dragons we exalt are helping the Shadowbinder to keep the Tangled Wood running smoothly: doing her errands, helping the brambles grow and controlling the weather, maintaining a clear border between her realm and the neighboring ones, et cetera. In times of battle, they fight by her side against the Beastclans and Shade and whatever else might threaten our land.

According to me, our dear shadowed Mother is more than a little overwhelmed by all these dragons we keep sending her. She can't remember any of their names and she's running out of things for them to do, so a lot of them just mill around and play games/play pranks on each other until she says "I don't know, go steal Lightweaver's socks or something."
shadowh4.png
pushing dragons into the wyrmwound.. and hope something stronger coming out... ;3

Nah... you can think whatever your lore would say. Although the site main lore do say they serve theirs deity, they don't die.
pushing dragons into the wyrmwound.. and hope something stronger coming out... ;3

Nah... you can think whatever your lore would say. Although the site main lore do say they serve theirs deity, they don't die.
shopT.gifIAVsupb.pngy7TyMJF.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8