Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About Fire [Fire Flight Hub]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center] [font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]About Fire Flight[/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/fire_contest.png[/img][/center] Welcome Flight Rising to Fire Flight's Hub in the general forums! Some of us have realized we are a small (and often mysterious) flight so a group of us decided to put together a thread on the public forums where we can tell everyone a bit more about our wonderful flight. This will be our place to showcase to the public what some of us believe Fire Flight is about, and to answer questions anyone might ask us about our Flight. So please, relax in a warm magma pool and enjoy some hot cocoa and crispy cookies while we take you on a tour through this molten paradise. Feel free to ask questions about anything Fire Flight related. Any Fire Flight members feel free to answer, offer suggestions for this thread, or just discuss our flight here. (If you are in Fire Flight we are still accepting Community Reviews to this thread!)
About Fire Flight
fire_contest.png

Welcome Flight Rising to Fire Flight's Hub in the general forums! Some of us have realized we are a small (and often mysterious) flight so a group of us decided to put together a thread on the public forums where we can tell everyone a bit more about our wonderful flight. This will be our place to showcase to the public what some of us believe Fire Flight is about, and to answer questions anyone might ask us about our Flight. So please, relax in a warm magma pool and enjoy some hot cocoa and crispy cookies while we take you on a tour through this molten paradise.

Feel free to ask questions about anything Fire Flight related.
Any Fire Flight members feel free to answer, offer suggestions for this thread, or just discuss our flight here. (If you are in Fire Flight we are still accepting Community Reviews to this thread!)
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dawkmko.png
UP
FOR
SALE:
31573410.png?mtime=WNUAZgAASYA.png 31573411.png?mtime=WNUBEgAASeM.png
[center] [font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]The Flamecaller[/size][/color][/font] [I]Our beloved Flamecaller.[/I] [img]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/Sammyken7910/Flight%20Rising/Resized%20Mama_zpsbrplgj9p.png[/img] [I]From beneath the earth's crust, the being that called itself the Flamecaller burst forth and tested the realm with volcanic eruptions and streams of molten fury.[/I] Also referred to as: "Flamemom", "Mather", "Hotmom", "Her Lady Hotness", etc. Our deity is quite the inspirational speaker, though she hasn't told us much recently. [quote]"Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface. Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy."[/quote][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/fire_contest2.png[/img][/center] Fire Flight celebrates the Flameforger's Festival during the last week in August. Glowing Embers are our festival trinket and may be collected and traded in the Festive Favors stall during this week. [center][item=Glowing Ember][/center] Members of Fire Flight celebrate the festival in many different ways. Some traditional activities include: ~Baking (slightly burnt) cookies with/for Flamemom! ~Basking in the lava pools ~Competing in challenges of smithing skills (our flight's trademark skill)
The Flamecaller
Our beloved Flamecaller.
Resized%20Mama_zpsbrplgj9p.png
From beneath the earth's crust, the being that called itself the Flamecaller burst forth and tested the realm with volcanic eruptions and streams of molten fury.

Also referred to as: "Flamemom", "Mather", "Hotmom", "Her Lady Hotness", etc.

Our deity is quite the inspirational speaker, though she hasn't told us much recently.
Quote:
"Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface. Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy."
fire_contest2.png

Fire Flight celebrates the Flameforger's Festival during the last week in August. Glowing Embers are our festival trinket and may be collected and traded in the Festive Favors stall during this week.
Glowing Ember
Members of Fire Flight celebrate the festival in many different ways. Some traditional activities include:
~Baking (slightly burnt) cookies with/for Flamemom!
~Basking in the lava pools
~Competing in challenges of smithing skills (our flight's trademark skill)
UP
FOR
SALE:
[center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Home: The Ashfall Waste[/size][/color][/font] [I]Where everyone is warm and welcome![/I][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/11][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/region_fire.jpg[/img][/url][/center] [quote][I]The tumultuous, heated lands of the Flamecaller are the heartbeat of the world. It is said that whenever the land is pained, searing canyons and geysers emerge from the bedrock, and it is the Fire dragonflight that exploits this unrest, shaping and manufacturing the terrain however they see fit. They are hardened and relentless in their industry, filling the skies with an acrid haze of smokes and steams.[/I][/quote] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Livin' la Vida Lava![/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][I]What does living in the Ashfall Waste look like?[/I][/center] [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/34hfn9t.png[/img] Our land is fairly warm and volcanous, with mesmerizing lava flows and a lovely charred smell lingering in the air. Fire Flight is the best place for a summer BBQ. [img]http://i62.tinypic.com/sgskxx.png[/img] Our dragons sport warm eyes which radiate with love for our Mather. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/1d07efd41b959e9ed6ec55ff87d13b20/tumblr_inline_mzb8hhseKO1rsyaas.png[/img] And our dragons are pretty hardcore since they literally lay their eggs in magma pools.[/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Dominance![/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][I]One does not simply go about setting fire to the moon.[/I] [quote][I]Stoke the forge and bathe the land in cleansing fire.[/I][/quote][/center] Fire Flight knows how to turn up the heat when it comes to dominance. We do not push as often as other flights, but when we do push we go all in. As a flight, we usually vote on the timing of our battles and psych each other up the week before. During a dominance battle, many Dominance Teams work together to up the number of exalts or "throw them into the volcano" as we often put it. Some members have taken to calling exalts "kindling" as they stoke the blaze of our dominance bonfire. Solo exalters (often called Rogue Exalters) usually set up a thread where they offer support to each other during the week of the battle. There is often quite a lot of fun banter that occurs as we express equal parts excitement and exhaustion during the fight. Battle cries including "For Mather!" and "Honooorrr!" are common occurrences. [center][img]http://media.giphy.com/media/woqWulxxtUsg0/giphy.gif[/img][/center]
Home: The Ashfall Waste
Where everyone is warm and welcome!
region_fire.jpg
Quote:
The tumultuous, heated lands of the Flamecaller are the heartbeat of the world. It is said that whenever the land is pained, searing canyons and geysers emerge from the bedrock, and it is the Fire dragonflight that exploits this unrest, shaping and manufacturing the terrain however they see fit. They are hardened and relentless in their industry, filling the skies with an acrid haze of smokes and steams.

Livin' la Vida Lava!
What does living in the Ashfall Waste look like?
34hfn9t.png
Our land is fairly warm and volcanous, with mesmerizing lava flows and a lovely charred smell lingering in the air. Fire Flight is the best place for a summer BBQ.

sgskxx.png
Our dragons sport warm eyes which radiate with love for our Mather.

tumblr_inline_mzb8hhseKO1rsyaas.png
And our dragons are pretty hardcore since they literally lay their eggs in magma pools.

Dominance!
One does not simply go about setting fire to the moon.
Quote:
Stoke the forge and bathe the land in cleansing fire.
Fire Flight knows how to turn up the heat when it comes to dominance. We do not push as often as other flights, but when we do push we go all in. As a flight, we usually vote on the timing of our battles and psych each other up the week before.

During a dominance battle, many Dominance Teams work together to up the number of exalts or "throw them into the volcano" as we often put it. Some members have taken to calling exalts "kindling" as they stoke the blaze of our dominance bonfire. Solo exalters (often called Rogue Exalters) usually set up a thread where they offer support to each other during the week of the battle. There is often quite a lot of fun banter that occurs as we express equal parts excitement and exhaustion during the fight. Battle cries including "For Mather!" and "Honooorrr!" are common occurrences.
giphy.gif
UP
FOR
SALE:
[center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]The Fire Flight Community[/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][I]A general overview of our community[/I][/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Community Reviews[/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][I]See what other members of Fire Flight have to say about our community![/I][/center] [quote name="AetherSeer" date="2015-03-02 14:39:34"][b]Fire Flight is bold.[/b] I mean, we lay our eggs in lava pools, and purposefully try to move closer to an active volcano as our lairs expand. [b]Fire Flight is artistic. [/b]We enjoy crafting beautiful (and not-so-beautiful in the case of my non-artistic lair) items to please our Mather as offerings. [b]Fire Flight is welcoming.[/b] Transfers from other flights and newbies alike are welcomed with open claws, and we initiate all with a warm bath in the lava. [b]Fire Flight is a fan of themes.[/b] From our lairs (which may play off of lava, magma, smithing, specific colors, and other inspirations) to our artwork to our hatchlings and manner of dress, we love themes. [b]Fire Flight is devout.[/b] Not every one of us is religious in real life, but here we all love our Flamecaller. [b]Fire Flight is competitive.[/b] Dom, anyone? We have several Dom teams, and we work together as a flight to beat our opponents. If there's a battle, and we're involved, we put up a fight (and usually win). [b]Fire Flight is funny.[/b] We love our .gifs, and we love our flambebes (yes, we acknowledge that not everyone is a fan and we get it, but hey, let us have our fun). [b]Fire Flight is hardworking. [/b]We all love projects, and sometimes we bring our specific breeding projects out to the wider community (Emberlings, Cinderlings, and yes, Flambebes). We also love comparing gene projects and getting others' opinions. [b]Fire Flight is home. [/b]We all come from different places, all over the world and from a wide range of age, gender, sexuality, religion, and race (to name a few characteristics). We know this, and we don't care except to love and support one another. [b]A/N: I hope this helps with some of the stereotypes about Fire Flight.[/b][/quote] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Unique to Fire Flight[/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][I]What are some of the things that set us apart as a flight?[/I][/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=5]Sub-Breeds[/size][/color][/font] [I]Sometimes community members breed dragons along specific guidelines, and if the combination of colors and genes becomes popular enough the sub-breed may be referenced in in-flight threads. These are just a few.[/I][/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=3]Flambebes[/size][/color][/font] [I]What's all the fuzz about?[/I][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=21&wing=22&style=6&gender=1&ages=1&prig=0&secg=0&tert=46&elem=11&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Perhaps the most widely known sub-breed, Flambebes are our dorky blue tundras who look rather out of place in the Ashfall Waste, but whose hearts blaze with love for [I]Mather[/I]. They are known for being some of the most devoted dragons to the Flamecaller, and some are even said to have special fire-related magic reflected in their tertiary genes (different genes give different abilities). When Fire Flight is pushing for dominance, users will often change their avatar to their Flambebe as an extra show of community pride. Flambebes are tundras with blue-ranged primary and secondary colors in basic genes. Tertiary genes and colours vary, with any tertiary gene acceptable if the tertiary colour falls in the red/orange oranges, or any tertiary colour being acceptable so long as it remains basic (although it is recommended that any flambebe without a visible red/orange tertiary be given warm-coloured apparel and/or a fiery familiar). Flamebobos are tundras which are close to, but do not actually categorically meet the Flambebe requirements.[/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=3]Magma Dragons[/size][/color][/font] [I]This dragon's on fffiiirrreee![/I][/center] [center] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=10&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=4&secg=4&tert=48&elem=11&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png[/img][/center] [center] Magma dragons can be of any breed or gender. A Magma dragon generally has a black-range primary and secondary and a red/orange-range tertiary. They must have the crackle gene (as it gives the sub-species it's signature lava-flow look). Primary and Secondary genes are generally left as basic though speckle/freckle combinations are also popular amongst collectors. Magma dragons are considered one of the oldest sub-species in Fire Flight. [/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=3]Emberlings/Cinderlings[/size][/color][/font] [I]Too hot to handle![/I][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=48&wing=48&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=57&elem=11&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/M5SKFJj.png[/img][/center] [center] Emberlings and Cinderlings are one of our most recent additions to Fire Flight sub-species. More information about Emberlings and Cinderlings can be found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1249908]here[/url]![/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=5]Semi-Permanent Threads[/size][/color][/font] [I]We have a few threads that help out our community and tend to stick around. [/I][/center] The front page of our forums usually consist of a few dominance team thread hubs, but there are quite a variety of other helpful threads available! Some include: ~A Birthday Thread ~A Skype Chat ~A Naming Help Thread ~A LGBTQA+ Support Thread ~An Expansion Help Thread ~A Venting Thread ~A Fire Flight Playlist ~A Swipp Ping Thread ~A Community Chat thread (subject changes every day, good for discussion) ~A Thread about the current holiday festival (if there is one going on)
The Fire Flight Community
A general overview of our community

Community Reviews
See what other members of Fire Flight have to say about our community!
AetherSeer wrote on 2015-03-02 14:39:34:
Fire Flight is bold. I mean, we lay our eggs in lava pools, and purposefully try to move closer to an active volcano as our lairs expand.

Fire Flight is artistic. We enjoy crafting beautiful (and not-so-beautiful in the case of my non-artistic lair) items to please our Mather as offerings.

Fire Flight is welcoming. Transfers from other flights and newbies alike are welcomed with open claws, and we initiate all with a warm bath in the lava.

Fire Flight is a fan of themes. From our lairs (which may play off of lava, magma, smithing, specific colors, and other inspirations) to our artwork to our hatchlings and manner of dress, we love themes.

Fire Flight is devout. Not every one of us is religious in real life, but here we all love our Flamecaller.

Fire Flight is competitive. Dom, anyone? We have several Dom teams, and we work together as a flight to beat our opponents. If there's a battle, and we're involved, we put up a fight (and usually win).

Fire Flight is funny. We love our .gifs, and we love our flambebes (yes, we acknowledge that not everyone is a fan and we get it, but hey, let us have our fun).

Fire Flight is hardworking. We all love projects, and sometimes we bring our specific breeding projects out to the wider community (Emberlings, Cinderlings, and yes, Flambebes). We also love comparing gene projects and getting others' opinions.

Fire Flight is home. We all come from different places, all over the world and from a wide range of age, gender, sexuality, religion, and race (to name a few characteristics). We know this, and we don't care except to love and support one another.

A/N: I hope this helps with some of the stereotypes about Fire Flight.

Unique to Fire Flight
What are some of the things that set us apart as a flight?

Sub-Breeds
Sometimes community members breed dragons along specific guidelines, and if the combination of colors and genes becomes popular enough the sub-breed may be referenced in in-flight threads. These are just a few.

Flambebes
What's all the fuzz about?

dragonpic2.php?body=21&wing=22&style=6&gender=1&ages=1&prig=0&secg=0&tert=46&elem=11&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png
Perhaps the most widely known sub-breed, Flambebes are our dorky blue tundras who look rather out of place in the Ashfall Waste, but whose hearts blaze with love for Mather. They are known for being some of the most devoted dragons to the Flamecaller, and some are even said to have special fire-related magic reflected in their tertiary genes (different genes give different abilities). When Fire Flight is pushing for dominance, users will often change their avatar to their Flambebe as an extra show of community pride.

Flambebes are tundras with blue-ranged primary and secondary colors in basic genes. Tertiary genes and colours vary, with any tertiary gene acceptable if the tertiary colour falls in the red/orange oranges, or any tertiary colour being acceptable so long as it remains basic (although it is recommended that any flambebe without a visible red/orange tertiary be given warm-coloured apparel and/or a fiery familiar). Flamebobos are tundras which are close to, but do not actually categorically meet the Flambebe requirements.

Magma Dragons
This dragon's on fffiiirrreee!
dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=10&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=4&secg=4&tert=48&elem=11&tertgene=6&spec=prev.png

Magma dragons can be of any breed or gender. A Magma dragon generally has a black-range primary and secondary and a red/orange-range tertiary. They must have the crackle gene (as it gives the sub-species it's signature lava-flow look). Primary and Secondary genes are generally left as basic though speckle/freckle combinations are also popular amongst collectors.

Magma dragons are considered one of the oldest sub-species in Fire Flight.

Emberlings/Cinderlings
Too hot to handle!

dragonpic2.php?body=48&wing=48&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=57&elem=11&tertgene=5&spec=prev.pngM5SKFJj.png
Emberlings and Cinderlings are one of our most recent additions to Fire Flight sub-species.

More information about Emberlings and Cinderlings can be found here!

Semi-Permanent Threads
We have a few threads that help out our community and tend to stick around.
The front page of our forums usually consist of a few dominance team thread hubs, but there are quite a variety of other helpful threads available! Some include:

~A Birthday Thread
~A Skype Chat
~A Naming Help Thread
~A LGBTQA+ Support Thread
~An Expansion Help Thread
~A Venting Thread
~A Fire Flight Playlist
~A Swipp Ping Thread
~A Community Chat thread (subject changes every day, good for discussion)
~A Thread about the current holiday festival (if there is one going on)
UP
FOR
SALE:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B6ve782.gif[/img][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Ask a Flame![/size][/color][/font][img]http://i.imgur.com/B6ve782.gif[/img][/center] [center][I]Feel free to ask any of the following Fire Flight member about us! Users with parenthesis next to their name have asked to only be asked questions relating to the topic in parenthesis.[/I][/center] AetherSeer Asbel fateandfire jesse0319 keet Koji Loulybob loraxem Orbitz Qnyxz Sammyken Severing StrykeSlammerII Xei Xotis Xythus
B6ve782.gifAsk a Flame!B6ve782.gif
Feel free to ask any of the following Fire Flight member about us! Users with parenthesis next to their name have asked to only be asked questions relating to the topic in parenthesis.

AetherSeer
Asbel
fateandfire
jesse0319
keet
Koji
Loulybob
loraxem
Orbitz
Qnyxz
Sammyken
Severing
StrykeSlammerII
Xei
Xotis
Xythus
UP
FOR
SALE:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B6ve782.gif[/img][font=Century Gothic][color=orange][size=7]Other[/size][/color][/font][img]http://i.imgur.com/B6ve782.gif[/img][/center] [center][I]Special thanks to any and all Fire Flight members who contributed to the creation of this thread, and to the rest of Fire Flight as a whole for being the wonderful, welcoming, and warm people you are![/I][/center] [quote name="keet" date=2015-07-18 21:46:57] Colors of the wind, revamped by fire You think we are mindless flamethrowers You all come from many places so I guess it must be so.... But still I cannot see, if the dumb ones are we, How can there be so much that you don't know? That you... Don't... Know... You think you own whatever land you land on, To us it's something you can burn... But we know every rock and tree and creature, Can be heated, Can be cooked, And can be eaten...... You think the only dragons who are dragons, Are the dragons who look and think like you, But we know that a dragon is a dragon, When you spit fire and breathe it too. Have you ever seen Mather burn down a green forest? Or asked her what she put in her burnt cookies? Can you burn up everything like a volcano? Can you fry everything with just one sneeze? Can you fry everything with just one sneeeeeeeze? Come burn the hidden pine trails of the forest! Come taste the burnt cookies of Mather!!! Come roll on all the lava all around you, And for once, not even get burned!! The volcano and fire are our brothers, The kamachi and the harpies are delicious (as barbecue)!!!!!! And we are all connected to each other, By our flamibility, a trait that we all share!!!! How high can a volcano explode?!?! If you chicken out, then you'll never know!!! And you'll never see Mather burn down a forest, If you can not breathe or love fire!!!!! We need to burn everything like a volcano!!! We need to fry things just with our sneeze.... You can own the earth and still, All you'll have is earth until, You have tasted Mather's burnt cookies, And fried everything with a sneeeeeeeeeze!!! [/quote]
B6ve782.gifOtherB6ve782.gif
Special thanks to any and all Fire Flight members who contributed to the creation of this thread, and to the rest of Fire Flight as a whole for being the wonderful, welcoming, and warm people you are!

keet wrote on 2015-07-18:
Colors of the wind, revamped by fire

You think we are mindless flamethrowers
You all come from many places so I guess it must be so....
But still I cannot see, if the dumb ones are we,
How can there be so much that you don't know?
That you... Don't... Know...

You think you own whatever land you land on,
To us it's something you can burn...
But we know every rock and tree and creature,
Can be heated,
Can be cooked,
And can be eaten......

You think the only dragons who are dragons,
Are the dragons who look and think like you,
But we know that a dragon is a dragon,
When you spit fire and breathe it too.

Have you ever seen Mather burn down a green forest?
Or asked her what she put in her burnt cookies?
Can you burn up everything like a volcano?
Can you fry everything with just one sneeze?
Can you fry everything with just one sneeeeeeeze?

Come burn the hidden pine trails of the forest!
Come taste the burnt cookies of Mather!!!
Come roll on all the lava all around you,
And for once, not even get burned!!

The volcano and fire are our brothers,
The kamachi and the harpies are delicious (as barbecue)!!!!!!
And we are all connected to each other,
By our flamibility, a trait that we all share!!!!

How high can a volcano explode?!?!
If you chicken out, then you'll never know!!!
And you'll never see Mather burn down a forest,
If you can not breathe or love fire!!!!!
We need to burn everything like a volcano!!!
We need to fry things just with our sneeze....

You can own the earth and still,
All you'll have is earth until,
You have tasted Mather's burnt cookies,
And fried everything with a sneeeeeeeeeze!!!
UP
FOR
SALE:
Bringing this post up for the new Registration Window.
Bringing this post up for the new Registration Window.
UP
FOR
SALE:
FIRE FLIGHT BEST FLIGHT [img]http://i.imgur.com/8I2W7Jj.gif[/img] Nnnnnot like I'm biased or anything, but who could resist coming here after reading this? 8D I've got nothing but hot, spicy love for my wonderful flight and I hope this reg window brings us some more lovely Fireballs :D
FIRE FLIGHT BEST FLIGHT

8I2W7Jj.gif

Nnnnnot like I'm biased or anything, but who could resist coming here after reading this? 8D I've got nothing but hot, spicy love for my wonderful flight and I hope this reg window brings us some more lovely Fireballs :D
uIMPP6e.png
I was very sad to see emberlings/cinderlings are no longer available from the breeder. :( Does anyone else in Fire Flight breed them? I've never wanted a snapper so much before...tis a strange feeling.
I was very sad to see emberlings/cinderlings are no longer available from the breeder. :( Does anyone else in Fire Flight breed them? I've never wanted a snapper so much before...tis a strange feeling.
If you see a Fire Flighter set something on Fire, its meant to be friendly and commonly done :D

Unless its during dom, then everything goes down (or up. In flames that is).
If you see a Fire Flighter set something on Fire, its meant to be friendly and commonly done :D

Unless its during dom, then everything goes down (or up. In flames that is).
o5xt3.gif
Username was previously Xythus
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13