Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Nuzlocke Headquarters
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
When I first read about this challenge, I'd originally planned to do the baby version. Recently, however, I got a plot idea that would tie this challenge in to another project that I'm doing, and it's convinced me to do the full version instead (though I gave away my non-project dragons rather than exalting them XD). I just need to wait for two of the dragons in my lair to lay another nest and see if it produces the dragon I'm [i]trying[/i] to get from them first, since that dragon will have a role in the story. [quote name="ZephyrWindSpirit" date=2015-04-12 13:41:08] What is your take on breed changes in-story? [/quote] Basically, they're not happening. I don't really use breed change scrolls in the first place; to get the other breeds, I've altered the "unhatched egg only" rule to "one random triple basic hatchling."
When I first read about this challenge, I'd originally planned to do the baby version. Recently, however, I got a plot idea that would tie this challenge in to another project that I'm doing, and it's convinced me to do the full version instead (though I gave away my non-project dragons rather than exalting them XD). I just need to wait for two of the dragons in my lair to lay another nest and see if it produces the dragon I'm trying to get from them first, since that dragon will have a role in the story.
ZephyrWindSpirit wrote on 2015-04-12:
What is your take on breed changes in-story?

Basically, they're not happening. I don't really use breed change scrolls in the first place; to get the other breeds, I've altered the "unhatched egg only" rule to "one random triple basic hatchling."
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
@Squeezi I'm totally doing this. I decided to sell certain dragons of mine and then when my fodder grows, level and exalt out for the last time. (I doubt I'll be able to level fodder again after this, but that's totally fine.) I can't get rid of my pony dragons, my shadow pair my husband bought me, or my progen tho. I have to do this baby-way. And I'm too impatient to wait for my fodder to be exalted out and my other dragons to sell first, so I'm starting given they're already scheduled to depart anyway. XD Nathair and this new hatchling Ophion are the only survivors thus far. Both are male and I need to start hoping for a female in scavenging, or wait till next month to buy another egg. OHBOI. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9033337] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90334/9033337_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13560139] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135602/13560139_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Squeezi

I'm totally doing this. I decided to sell certain dragons of mine and then when my fodder grows, level and exalt out for the last time. (I doubt I'll be able to level fodder again after this, but that's totally fine.)

I can't get rid of my pony dragons, my shadow pair my husband bought me, or my progen tho. I have to do this baby-way.

And I'm too impatient to wait for my fodder to be exalted out and my other dragons to sell first, so I'm starting given they're already scheduled to depart anyway. XD

Nathair and this new hatchling Ophion are the only survivors thus far. Both are male and I need to start hoping for a female in scavenging, or wait till next month to buy another egg. OHBOI.

9033337_350.png

13560139_350.png
Aaaah the egg prices are much high Y_Y

I wanna write again but well every dragon in my lair is g1 and somewhat gened one way or completely

what to do hmm
i might just start with them maybe?
but im pretty picky with gen ones now post-nuzlocke...

dont mind me just openly pondering

heres a bump i guess
Aaaah the egg prices are much high Y_Y

I wanna write again but well every dragon in my lair is g1 and somewhat gened one way or completely

what to do hmm
i might just start with them maybe?
but im pretty picky with gen ones now post-nuzlocke...

dont mind me just openly pondering

heres a bump i guess
I'm running hardcore, but I've put off the "exalt a dragon that dies in the Coli" rule during the festival so I can do more grinding for Bladed Flatleafs.

It helps that my dragons are at a high enough level that they're getting next to no XP in Woodland Path, although they weren't quite that high at the beginning of the week. *shifty eyes*

Also, my Nuzlocke is focusing more on the relationships between my dragons, so I'm not really discussing the Coliseum much. I'm still super far behind on my posts though... I have two new dragons that haven't even been mentioned in my story.
I'm running hardcore, but I've put off the "exalt a dragon that dies in the Coli" rule during the festival so I can do more grinding for Bladed Flatleafs.

It helps that my dragons are at a high enough level that they're getting next to no XP in Woodland Path, although they weren't quite that high at the beginning of the week. *shifty eyes*

Also, my Nuzlocke is focusing more on the relationships between my dragons, so I'm not really discussing the Coliseum much. I'm still super far behind on my posts though... I have two new dragons that haven't even been mentioned in my story.
9pLEkta.jpg
I actually don't have a story going. D: My Nuzlocke thread is sort of like a life-blurb blog wherein I update what's happened recently with new dragons, deaths, and eggs being born. (Or I will, rather, when things start moving.) But I put all those things into a sort of story form, but brief, maybe 2 paragraphs and move on.

I was sort of inspired by both Oregon Trail and some game I played in High School for History wherein you live some life elsewhere in a sim and you have a journal that updates when life happenings take place. Was pretty neat.
I actually don't have a story going. D: My Nuzlocke thread is sort of like a life-blurb blog wherein I update what's happened recently with new dragons, deaths, and eggs being born. (Or I will, rather, when things start moving.) But I put all those things into a sort of story form, but brief, maybe 2 paragraphs and move on.

I was sort of inspired by both Oregon Trail and some game I played in High School for History wherein you live some life elsewhere in a sim and you have a journal that updates when life happenings take place. Was pretty neat.
Okay, so Nuzlocker here. I lost three of my dragons so far. Funny fact? I was gifted an arcane Tundra. Arcane dragons are usually Faes... And the next egg I hatched was a Fae (a PINK one at that), albeit it was Water. Water dragons should be Guardians... Next egg I hatched was a blue Nature Guardian. This game is playing me a trick, I tell ya.

Opinion on baby Nuzlockes... Honestly, I really dislike them. But some are nice to read.

And yes, I cheated to gain Bladed Flatleaves too ._.
Okay, so Nuzlocker here. I lost three of my dragons so far. Funny fact? I was gifted an arcane Tundra. Arcane dragons are usually Faes... And the next egg I hatched was a Fae (a PINK one at that), albeit it was Water. Water dragons should be Guardians... Next egg I hatched was a blue Nature Guardian. This game is playing me a trick, I tell ya.

Opinion on baby Nuzlockes... Honestly, I really dislike them. But some are nice to read.

And yes, I cheated to gain Bladed Flatleaves too ._.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
So I am changing my Nuzlocke rules--I realize it's a little late in the game, but I'm just really not satisfied with the standard Nuzlocke's Coliseum rules.

Given how Nuzlocke started in a game where fainted party members don't get back up immediately (as in next battle), whereas in the Coliseum a fainted dragon is revived at the beginning of the next battle, I don't think the standard Nuzlocke rule of "if it faints, exalt" really makes sense.

So I'm going to be using these alternate rules:
Quote:
If one member of the party faints but the other two survive, the surviving members "rescue" the fainted member. No penalty.

If two party members faint, the final surviving party member must choose one of the two to save. Flip a coin to decide between the two, exalt the loser.

If all three party members faint, exalt all three.

In the case of two party members fainting, the logical thing to do is flee immediately unless you're 100% certain you can finish off the remaining enemies with the last dragon you have. Since Fleeing ends the battle immediately, the idea is that the surviving dragon is unable to save both party members, and thus one of the fainted party gets left behind.

Obviously, each Nuzlocke challenge is unique, so feel free to use or not use or modify these proposed rules as you see fit!
So I am changing my Nuzlocke rules--I realize it's a little late in the game, but I'm just really not satisfied with the standard Nuzlocke's Coliseum rules.

Given how Nuzlocke started in a game where fainted party members don't get back up immediately (as in next battle), whereas in the Coliseum a fainted dragon is revived at the beginning of the next battle, I don't think the standard Nuzlocke rule of "if it faints, exalt" really makes sense.

So I'm going to be using these alternate rules:
Quote:
If one member of the party faints but the other two survive, the surviving members "rescue" the fainted member. No penalty.

If two party members faint, the final surviving party member must choose one of the two to save. Flip a coin to decide between the two, exalt the loser.

If all three party members faint, exalt all three.

In the case of two party members fainting, the logical thing to do is flee immediately unless you're 100% certain you can finish off the remaining enemies with the last dragon you have. Since Fleeing ends the battle immediately, the idea is that the surviving dragon is unable to save both party members, and thus one of the fainted party gets left behind.

Obviously, each Nuzlocke challenge is unique, so feel free to use or not use or modify these proposed rules as you see fit!
9pLEkta.jpg
@maidofaspects
I LOVE that alt rule, I think I'm going to use that myself. I'll go edit my thread with a specific section for this. Thank you. D: This makes a lot more sense, because I'd lose literally every dragon in my lair ever unless I pumped a ton of money into potions.
@maidofaspects
I LOVE that alt rule, I think I'm going to use that myself. I'll go edit my thread with a specific section for this. Thank you. D: This makes a lot more sense, because I'd lose literally every dragon in my lair ever unless I pumped a ton of money into potions.
@maidofaspects I really hope you don't mind me stealing that rule, because...I'm totally going to steal it. >u>
@maidofaspects I really hope you don't mind me stealing that rule, because...I'm totally going to steal it. >u>
Also, I've got my nuzlocke thread set up: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1459307

The challenge proper will begin in a few days, when a dragon that's going to be playing a major role in the story matures.
Also, I've got my nuzlocke thread set up: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1459307

The challenge proper will begin in a few days, when a dragon that's going to be playing a major role in the story matures.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13