Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Swipp Swap Pinglist Discussion
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 1005 1006
@Rhea @OverTheWolf

I have some formulas that may be helpful - I made a mockup here. Some options:
  1. Leave the cells with the pinglists visible in the letter sheets (the grey cells visible in "A").
  2. Hide those cells (as in "B") and have a sheet like "Pinglists" which has them all in one place.

Should I add any of this? I can edit the sheet, but I don't want to make changes like this without permission.
@Rhea @OverTheWolf

I have some formulas that may be helpful - I made a mockup here. Some options:
  1. Leave the cells with the pinglists visible in the letter sheets (the grey cells visible in "A").
  2. Hide those cells (as in "B") and have a sheet like "Pinglists" which has them all in one place.

Should I add any of this? I can edit the sheet, but I don't want to make changes like this without permission.
@Rea

Could I be removed from all lists please? C:
@Rea

Could I be removed from all lists please? C:
mnGYfut.pngDhZNaVb.png
@smileytechie
How does that work, exactly? Does it update automatically or is it another thing we would have to update? If it's automatic, I'm all for it. If we have to update it ourselves, probably not :/
@smileytechie
How does that work, exactly? Does it update automatically or is it another thing we would have to update? If it's automatic, I'm all for it. If we have to update it ourselves, probably not :/
@ArtBlinked
Done. If you want to be added in the future, just PM someone because we might miss a ping :)
@ArtBlinked
Done. If you want to be added in the future, just PM someone because we might miss a ping :)
@overthewolf

Woah, that was super fast. Thank you. ^u^ & will do!
@overthewolf

Woah, that was super fast. Thank you. ^u^ & will do!
mnGYfut.pngDhZNaVb.png
@Cassolotl I'll fix that now.

@smileytechie I'll leave that up to OverTheWolf since they're the spreadsheet owner.
@Cassolotl I'll fix that now.

@smileytechie I'll leave that up to OverTheWolf since they're the spreadsheet owner.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@smileytechie @OverTheWolf

It's a spreadsheet formula, kind of like a built-in script! It's something automatic, and it'll grab every name in the column and put it in paragraph format, so that, one, you only have to copy from one cell, and, two, it won't paste as one incredibly tall list.

Basically, all it's doing is grabbing the contents of every cell from X to Y location - in this case, every name on the list - and joining it together. Techie's formular is looking from row's 3 to 1016, in Column B, so you would never have to worry about it missing a name unless the list was over 1000 names long!

(Sorry to pop out of nowwhere, haha! I have some extensive personal spreadsheets, so I'm pretty familiar with formulas.)
@smileytechie @OverTheWolf

It's a spreadsheet formula, kind of like a built-in script! It's something automatic, and it'll grab every name in the column and put it in paragraph format, so that, one, you only have to copy from one cell, and, two, it won't paste as one incredibly tall list.

Basically, all it's doing is grabbing the contents of every cell from X to Y location - in this case, every name on the list - and joining it together. Techie's formular is looking from row's 3 to 1016, in Column B, so you would never have to worry about it missing a name unless the list was over 1000 names long!

(Sorry to pop out of nowwhere, haha! I have some extensive personal spreadsheets, so I'm pretty familiar with formulas.)
@OverTheWolf

They're pretty much automatic. You don't have to do anything when adding/removing people.

The formula to put all the names in one list never has to be edited, just copy-pasted in place for any new items.

The formula to put the pinglists in one sheet automatically takes the first two non-blank rows for each sheet. It would have to be edited if you add new sheets (e.g. for letters of the alphabet that don't have sheets now), but not for new items in existing sheets. I could add the sheets now if you want (and maybe color their tabs dark grey, to show they're empty for now?).

@SpottyJaguar

Thanks for helping explain! :) I don't mind you jumping in - that's basically what I'm doing by suggesting this. XD
@OverTheWolf

They're pretty much automatic. You don't have to do anything when adding/removing people.

The formula to put all the names in one list never has to be edited, just copy-pasted in place for any new items.

The formula to put the pinglists in one sheet automatically takes the first two non-blank rows for each sheet. It would have to be edited if you add new sheets (e.g. for letters of the alphabet that don't have sheets now), but not for new items in existing sheets. I could add the sheets now if you want (and maybe color their tabs dark grey, to show they're empty for now?).

@SpottyJaguar

Thanks for helping explain! :) I don't mind you jumping in - that's basically what I'm doing by suggesting this. XD
@SpottyJaguar @@smileytechie
That sounds good to me! Go ahead an add it in, whenever you've got time :3 I'm assuming if the lists ever go over 1013, we can just change the number in the formula to something higher?

Edit: To specify, I like the dark gray row, instead of the separate sheet. It seems like less work and a little less confusing for everyone else :)
@SpottyJaguar @@smileytechie
That sounds good to me! Go ahead an add it in, whenever you've got time :3 I'm assuming if the lists ever go over 1013, we can just change the number in the formula to something higher?

Edit: To specify, I like the dark gray row, instead of the separate sheet. It seems like less work and a little less confusing for everyone else :)
@OverTheWolf

I'll do that. :)

And actually, I remembered a thing in Google spreadsheets where you can specify a whole column from a certain cell downward (e.g. "B3:B"), so you won't even need to worry about running out of numbers! :D
@OverTheWolf

I'll do that. :)

And actually, I remembered a thing in Google spreadsheets where you can specify a whole column from a certain cell downward (e.g. "B3:B"), so you won't even need to worry about running out of numbers! :D
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 1005 1006