Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Swipp Swap Pinglist Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 248 249
@OverTheWolf Oops I just edited my post. Uh, read and consider?
@OverTheWolf Oops I just edited my post. Uh, read and consider?
Good luck everyone. I feel so bad this crap went down, and I do hope y'all find a good solution. It really isn't fair some troll tried to use your help sheet to trick y'all into doing his/her dirty work.

My best wishes; I just hope I can finally get peace and be left out of this!
Good luck everyone. I feel so bad this crap went down, and I do hope y'all find a good solution. It really isn't fair some troll tried to use your help sheet to trick y'all into doing his/her dirty work.

My best wishes; I just hope I can finally get peace and be left out of this!
Please, please don't ping me.

All dreams are but another reality. Don't forget.
@Rhea
I don't think it's really worth worrying about. We can always report the email to Google docs for abuse (I was skimming it earlier and it looks as though they can take actions for spam and harassment), and we could also send the email to the FR staff through the Contact Us and see if they could issue a warning.

Despite the spreadsheet being off-site, I think that there would be a good argument for harassment since the names were being added with the intent to harass the user on FR.

In the event that someone is determined to muck with the sheet and harass people, we could resort to only allowing certain users to edit it. I just want to do the most that we can to keep it as open and available to everyone as humanly possible. I mean, it was excellent until someone decided that they had a cactus shoved up their butt e_e;
@Rhea
I don't think it's really worth worrying about. We can always report the email to Google docs for abuse (I was skimming it earlier and it looks as though they can take actions for spam and harassment), and we could also send the email to the FR staff through the Contact Us and see if they could issue a warning.

Despite the spreadsheet being off-site, I think that there would be a good argument for harassment since the names were being added with the intent to harass the user on FR.

In the event that someone is determined to muck with the sheet and harass people, we could resort to only allowing certain users to edit it. I just want to do the most that we can to keep it as open and available to everyone as humanly possible. I mean, it was excellent until someone decided that they had a cactus shoved up their butt e_e;
Requiem for a Dream | pinkerlocke
ZQGfAQY.png
[color=green]@OverTheWolf [item=prickly pear][item=living stones] ? But it's good to know the email can be reported to Google. Forwarding it to FR won't help if it's not the same email they use for the site. And yeah, leave it open for now, and with any luck we won't have to go up another level in control. So, since any helper can add emails, how's this: [quote]Want to be pinged should a particular item be offered? PM your email to anyone on the list below to be added as a sheet editor. Ideally, emails should be associated with a Google account for easiest access. If you are not comfortable with sending your email, PM one of the users listed below to add you to pinglists. (List of helpers) Note: even if you can edit the sheet, you don't have to be a helper. Only people who specifically volunteer to be helpers will be added to the helper list. Also note that only people on the list of helpers should add emails to the spreadsheet. Anyone not on the helper list who is found adding emails or adding users to pinglists without their consent will be removed as an editor and reported to Google for abuse, and may have their emails forwarded to FR . Anyone can ping the people on the pinglists should Swipp offer something people want to be pinged on. Thanks to OverTheWolf for the the spreadsheet![/quote]
@OverTheWolf

?

But it's good to know the email can be reported to Google. Forwarding it to FR won't help if it's not the same email they use for the site. And yeah, leave it open for now, and with any luck we won't have to go up another level in control.

So, since any helper can add emails, how's this:
Quote:
Want to be pinged should a particular item be offered? PM your email to anyone on the list below to be added as a sheet editor. Ideally, emails should be associated with a Google account for easiest access. If you are not comfortable with sending your email, PM one of the users listed below to add you to pinglists.

(List of helpers)

Note: even if you can edit the sheet, you don't have to be a helper. Only people who specifically volunteer to be helpers will be added to the helper list. Also note that only people on the list of helpers should add emails to the spreadsheet.

Anyone not on the helper list who is found adding emails or adding users to pinglists without their consent will be removed as an editor and reported to Google for abuse, and may have their emails forwarded to FR .

Anyone can ping the people on the pinglists should Swipp offer something people want to be pinged on.

Thanks to OverTheWolf for the the spreadsheet!
@Rhea
Heh, buttrocks.

That makes sense to me!

Does anyone else have an opinion? To make sure everything makes sense?
@Rhea
Heh, buttrocks.

That makes sense to me!

Does anyone else have an opinion? To make sure everything makes sense?
ZQGfAQY.png
@OverTheWolf Ok, so, to confirm:

@aprilraven
@weyrbound
@NekkoChan
@Clocks
@Gubs

have asked to become editors, and I directed them to you.

These people, I did not address previously because we were still hashing stuff out. I'll add them myself once I get the new thread up and running. Oh, yeah, and that reminds me, do I need to send you my email, OTW?

@Erised
@Mitchy

@Aryllia Ah, I see. Not sure if I want to add yet another pinglist because this is complicated enough already, unfortunately. Perhaps there can be a separate yet affiliated thread for that?
@OverTheWolf Ok, so, to confirm:

@aprilraven
@weyrbound
@NekkoChan
@Clocks
@Gubs

have asked to become editors, and I directed them to you.

These people, I did not address previously because we were still hashing stuff out. I'll add them myself once I get the new thread up and running. Oh, yeah, and that reminds me, do I need to send you my email, OTW?

@Erised
@Mitchy

@Aryllia Ah, I see. Not sure if I want to add yet another pinglist because this is complicated enough already, unfortunately. Perhaps there can be a separate yet affiliated thread for that?
@Rhea
Ah, yeah, we should probably add you to the sheet lol. if tou want to edit it youeself, anyway :P I'm on my phone now though, so it'll have to be in the morning.
@Rhea
Ah, yeah, we should probably add you to the sheet lol. if tou want to edit it youeself, anyway :P I'm on my phone now though, so it'll have to be in the morning.
ZQGfAQY.png
@OverTheWolf No problem, I'll send you my email now, and you can add me whenever.
@OverTheWolf No problem, I'll send you my email now, and you can add me whenever.
@Rhea
@OverTheWolf

It might be useful to provide some kind of format users could follow for PMs. I'm personally a stickler for organization, especially when it comes to private messages since we only really have one inbox and no subfolders to work with. I know if someone just PMs me their email out of the blue with no indication that it's for the spreadsheet I might get a little confused :P

If it'd be too complicated to implement or too much for users to follow that's fine too.

And I've gotten the email and am now able to edit the sheet just fine. I tend to check FR daily so I should be fairly consistent with responding to user requests as well c:

Should we put like... maybe IN the spreadsheet, some kind of timetable for when helpers are online? So that way users are more likely to get a prompt response? I know I'm usually on in the evening, but not so much in the morning or afternoon, so a user who PMs me specifically in the morning might not get added until the evening.

I'm kinda just throwing ideas out there I guess @_@
@Rhea
@OverTheWolf

It might be useful to provide some kind of format users could follow for PMs. I'm personally a stickler for organization, especially when it comes to private messages since we only really have one inbox and no subfolders to work with. I know if someone just PMs me their email out of the blue with no indication that it's for the spreadsheet I might get a little confused :P

If it'd be too complicated to implement or too much for users to follow that's fine too.

And I've gotten the email and am now able to edit the sheet just fine. I tend to check FR daily so I should be fairly consistent with responding to user requests as well c:

Should we put like... maybe IN the spreadsheet, some kind of timetable for when helpers are online? So that way users are more likely to get a prompt response? I know I'm usually on in the evening, but not so much in the morning or afternoon, so a user who PMs me specifically in the morning might not get added until the evening.

I'm kinda just throwing ideas out there I guess @_@
jmQ8Moq.gif Alarming Spiral M
Buy
@weyrbound We could put in a PM format, something simple like "It must be titled 'Swipp Pinglist' and the body must say "Please add (email) to the editors list" or "Please add (username) to these pinglists: x, y, z".

As for timetable, maybe the first page of the spreadsheet could be that?
@weyrbound We could put in a PM format, something simple like "It must be titled 'Swipp Pinglist' and the body must say "Please add (email) to the editors list" or "Please add (username) to these pinglists: x, y, z".

As for timetable, maybe the first page of the spreadsheet could be that?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 248 249