Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *pleased coatl noises*
1 2 3
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tcK4CRa.png[/img] Idunno maybe I need more dragons and less Training Fields/fishing
tcK4CRa.png
Idunno maybe I need more dragons and less Training Fields/fishing
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
I have 20 pages of Food in my vault.

I only convert a little over 1k food points per type, but only when one group reaches 0.
I have 20 pages of Food in my vault.

I only convert a little over 1k food points per type, but only when one group reaches 0.
QQnBZuq.gif
[quote name="Aryllia" date="2015-01-28 09:23:09"]When I had just joined I stumbled over a thread that suggested only converting food as needed (first and foremost to secure seafood for coatls - something about the omnivores nibbling too much on the fish reserves) so I kinda keep it all in the hoard until it's dinner time for the dergs. Was the advice I took so to heart in fact outdated and should I just get going on converting everything?[/quote] @Aryllia If you don't have a lot of food, especially one type favored by an omnivore and a specialty-eater, it's probably a pretty good idea to convert in small amounts. (Most often people have this problem with coatls and imperials, two popular species, where one only eats fish and is bugged to eat last, while the other can eat everything but only eats fish if you have enough.) If you are in the coliseum enough and pad the walls of your lair with food or only keep a handful of species/omnivores it isn't such a big issue.
Aryllia wrote on 2015-01-28 09:23:09:
When I had just joined I stumbled over a thread that suggested only converting food as needed (first and foremost to secure seafood for coatls - something about the omnivores nibbling too much on the fish reserves) so I kinda keep it all in the hoard until it's dinner time for the dergs.

Was the advice I took so to heart in fact outdated and should I just get going on converting everything?

@Aryllia
If you don't have a lot of food, especially one type favored by an omnivore and a specialty-eater, it's probably a pretty good idea to convert in small amounts. (Most often people have this problem with coatls and imperials, two popular species, where one only eats fish and is bugged to eat last, while the other can eat everything but only eats fish if you have enough.)

If you are in the coliseum enough and pad the walls of your lair with food or only keep a handful of species/omnivores it isn't such a big issue.
@Ankokou
Good points, though since I ended up keeping all of my seafood unconverted anyway for the sake of throwing gifts at people, I think it'll work out just converting everything else and then dole out some seafood to the coatls. Or as I already had it lore wise: the coatls guard their fishes viscously and ferment it to the most unpalatable dishes to ensure other dragons keep their big hungry snouts away.
@Ankokou
Good points, though since I ended up keeping all of my seafood unconverted anyway for the sake of throwing gifts at people, I think it'll work out just converting everything else and then dole out some seafood to the coatls. Or as I already had it lore wise: the coatls guard their fishes viscously and ferment it to the most unpalatable dishes to ensure other dragons keep their big hungry snouts away.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
Yup... [img]http://i.imgur.com/hYCrOXj.png[/img] Oh... and my food hoard is ten pages long...
Yup...
hYCrOXj.png

Oh... and my food hoard is ten pages long...
theyThem.png
I keep 10k+ around as well. Don't know why, but I do.
I keep 10k+ around as well. Don't know why, but I do.
tAfGPSN.png
When I started out, I kept 100+ food points of ever type. I've since moved onto 500+ of every type... who knows, I might keep stretching for higher reserves even if there's little point in having them really 8D
When I started out, I kept 100+ food points of ever type. I've since moved onto 500+ of every type... who knows, I might keep stretching for higher reserves even if there's little point in having them really 8D
tumblr_inline_nm3gqhG6rQ1qmu9vp_540.png
Did someone day Surplus? [img]http://i.imgur.com/1mRnil4.png[/img]
Did someone day Surplus?
1mRnil4.png
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
Perhaps I should try the coli sometime...
Perhaps I should try the coli sometime...
If you coli you will never have your dragons go hungry.

NEVER.
If you coli you will never have your dragons go hungry.

NEVER.
Pronoun Choice: Xe, Xer, Xyr, Xerself (Thank you!)

Gem-Buying Thread [CLOSED] | Gem-Selling Thread [CLOSED]
1 2 3