Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About festival skin and chest collecting
1 2
Ok so i have a bit of a quarrel. Since the last RoR festival i've gotten into chest and skin collecting, and have made sure to get at least 1 of each chest and buy the marketplace exclusive skins before the festival is over.

However, i kind of want to get all the skins AND all the chests. So far i've been getting all the chests, but only half the skins.
I know chests are worth more than the skins themselves so opening them isnt very wise, but I feel like buying the chest skins from the marketplace is a waste of money because theyre so expensive and takes a huge chunk out of my savings. What should I do here? And if you collect chests and skins, what do you do to solve this?

Also, can anyone in ice flight buy me the marketplace skins with the dominance discount? I'll pay you the treasure you spend on it, of course!
Ok so i have a bit of a quarrel. Since the last RoR festival i've gotten into chest and skin collecting, and have made sure to get at least 1 of each chest and buy the marketplace exclusive skins before the festival is over.

However, i kind of want to get all the skins AND all the chests. So far i've been getting all the chests, but only half the skins.
I know chests are worth more than the skins themselves so opening them isnt very wise, but I feel like buying the chest skins from the marketplace is a waste of money because theyre so expensive and takes a huge chunk out of my savings. What should I do here? And if you collect chests and skins, what do you do to solve this?

Also, can anyone in ice flight buy me the marketplace skins with the dominance discount? I'll pay you the treasure you spend on it, of course!
gif_220x103_da7478.gif
@Valrigard i'm not sure if this is useful, but i collect chests (not skins).

i can say that buying all the old chests and skins is going to be hugely expensive, because the early ones (like light and fire 2013) are all very rare and expensive, as well as hard to find.

(for reference, i had to sink well over 20k gems into completing my chest collection, and even with that money available it took me about 4 months to get them all together)

but it's wonderful to have a complete set of something, so i guess whether it's worth the money is up to you.

i guess i'd recommend going for one or the other (skins or chests) if you want the cost to be more manageable, or set yourself a date limit (eg only collect skins and chests from 2014 onwards).

either way, good luck. :)
@Valrigard i'm not sure if this is useful, but i collect chests (not skins).

i can say that buying all the old chests and skins is going to be hugely expensive, because the early ones (like light and fire 2013) are all very rare and expensive, as well as hard to find.

(for reference, i had to sink well over 20k gems into completing my chest collection, and even with that money available it took me about 4 months to get them all together)

but it's wonderful to have a complete set of something, so i guess whether it's worth the money is up to you.

i guess i'd recommend going for one or the other (skins or chests) if you want the cost to be more manageable, or set yourself a date limit (eg only collect skins and chests from 2014 onwards).

either way, good luck. :)
@magicalgirlrem ah man that must have been a challenge finding someone who had the chests in the first place! Thanks for your input, i might just have to buy them all from the marketplace as well as collect the chests... the skins in the chests are really nice as well so its a shame not to have a copy of them that i can actually use in case i ever want to. :P
@magicalgirlrem ah man that must have been a challenge finding someone who had the chests in the first place! Thanks for your input, i might just have to buy them all from the marketplace as well as collect the chests... the skins in the chests are really nice as well so its a shame not to have a copy of them that i can actually use in case i ever want to. :P
gif_220x103_da7478.gif
Well, if you spend the whole week grinding for chests, you'd definitely end up with more than one of each chest. Why not open one each and get the skins within so you don't have to buy them, and still keep the rest of the chests? No one says you can only have one or the other. ;)
Well, if you spend the whole week grinding for chests, you'd definitely end up with more than one of each chest. Why not open one each and get the skins within so you don't have to buy them, and still keep the rest of the chests? No one says you can only have one or the other. ;)
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@Valrigard that's the curse of being a chest collector, haha. you don't get to have the goodies unless you ruin your collection. but i find that the potential goodies can be very satisfying.

good luck!
@Valrigard that's the curse of being a chest collector, haha. you don't get to have the goodies unless you ruin your collection. but i find that the potential goodies can be very satisfying.

good luck!
@hat17 true, i did do that in the RoR but then i learned the unopened chests are worth more so i dont really want to open them even if i do get doubles xD
@hat17 true, i did do that in the RoR but then i learned the unopened chests are worth more so i dont really want to open them even if i do get doubles xD
gif_220x103_da7478.gif
@Valrigard
Well.... then keep the chests until you need the skin inside? Though for myself I'd just buy them from MP if I like/need them, and keep the chests. The profit from the chests later on can definitely cover the cost of the skins now.
@Valrigard
Well.... then keep the chests until you need the skin inside? Though for myself I'd just buy them from MP if I like/need them, and keep the chests. The profit from the chests later on can definitely cover the cost of the skins now.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@Valrigard
I just keep all of the chests, hoard sell all of the junk I get while grinding for the chests, and use those funds to buy the festival set from a dom shop. It's about 360k, which is easy to get in a week(if not a few days max)
@Valrigard
I just keep all of the chests, hoard sell all of the junk I get while grinding for the chests, and use those funds to buy the festival set from a dom shop. It's about 360k, which is easy to get in a week(if not a few days max)
tumblr_og952mGjFx1vzfkcno1_75sq.giftumblr_ogb7llWAAL1vzfkcno1_100.giftumblr_og96j2sxWa1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
I'm growing to be quite the chest collector.
I plan to hold on to all of the chests that i get all year and open them who knows when. Seems like it might be pretty worth it , to me.
I'm not much of one to be collecting the MP exclusive skins, though.
I'm growing to be quite the chest collector.
I plan to hold on to all of the chests that i get all year and open them who knows when. Seems like it might be pretty worth it , to me.
I'm not much of one to be collecting the MP exclusive skins, though.
@Valrigard

I collect but only open ones I will use..hope that helps
@Valrigard

I collect but only open ones I will use..hope that helps
A5i3AHB.png
1 2