Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 527 528 529 530 531 ... 753 754
So many of us have our "hoarded items". It would be so cool if there was a place where we could show off our treasure - like where the "Recent Clan Activity". Not all of us are fluent in adding pictures to our profiles so it would be awesome to have a drop down option.

Also - I so wish this was around in the 80's. Would "Generation Clothing" ever be an option? I could so see bell bottoms and tie-die, harem-pants and big hair, It would be so fun!
So many of us have our "hoarded items". It would be so cool if there was a place where we could show off our treasure - like where the "Recent Clan Activity". Not all of us are fluent in adding pictures to our profiles so it would be awesome to have a drop down option.

Also - I so wish this was around in the 80's. Would "Generation Clothing" ever be an option? I could so see bell bottoms and tie-die, harem-pants and big hair, It would be so fun!
Walking through a Fairy Circle can make magic happen. It might change the color of a dragon, or change its genes or even its breed. Only the bravest set out to make an intentional trip through a Fairy Circle. Most dragons just step right into them when they are concentrating on something else. Just remember - Magic is Everywhere tumblr_o869wygMbQ1v4aprho7_r1_100.png
My Favorite Skin Shop!! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1835085/1
Who thinks up all the items? cuz there's a LOT
obBQTcR.giflightshieldr.pngGod Bless America
[quote]You say "this year's" flight vistas will cycle into Joxar's box and be unavalable for direct purchase. Does that mean there will be more (as in, different) vistas for each elemental flight? Might we see a different Light Flight vista next June, for example?[/quote] We will announce plans for the 2017-2018 holiday season at the end of the 2016-2017 season. [br][br] [quote]What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?[/quote] 42 [br][br] [quote]Are at least SOME of the exalted dragons eaten by their deities? ...Please?[/quote] The dragons of Sornieth are their creations. They do not eat them. [br][br] [quote]Who thinks up all the items? cuz there's a LOT[/quote] Undel, Xhaztol, and the entire art team contribute ideas and artwork to bring the resources, flora, and fauna of Sornieth to life. [br][br] [quote]Can our dragons really die? I hope not o.0[/quote] Your dragons cannot die. Even if they lose all their energy in the coliseum or through hunger, they will be okay! We understand that players need to spend time away from the game every now and again. It would not be fun if every time you left, you lost your entire clan of dragons that you worked so hard for and grew attached to. [br][br] [quote]Are the... I suppose "Goblin" is going to wind up being the template name, since it's not alliterative... are they about the same size as the sprites? Bigger? Smaller?[/quote] The goblins are around the same size as the sprites, give or take a couple of centimeters. [br][br] [quote]How did the FR staff decide the dates for the Elemental Festivals? Were they just any old days, already existing holidays, days that have a special meaning, or...? I'm really curious. ^^[/quote] We aim to have each holiday fall on the last week of the month that's 4 days or more, starting on a Sunday. As far as the months that were assigned, they very loosely correspond with a variety of factors. [i][b]Note: [/b]These factors typically do not affect Sornieth. This is simply the admin's internal logic at work rather than rolling the dice on the holidays! A lot of this relates to where we live, which is in the northern hemisphere in North America.[/i] [br] [LIST] [*][b]June:[/b] Light - The Longest day of the year occurs during June. [*][b]July: [/b]Lightning - Depending on the area you live in you can see heat lightning, which seemed to fit well with desert-dwelling electric dragons. [*][b]August:[/b] Fire - It's hot. It's so hot. Fire is hot. August is hot like fire. It burns. [*][b]September:[/b] Arcane - A new year of school is starting: time to learn. [*][b]October:[/b] Plague - Many plants are in the process of dying off for the year, ready to come back later. [*][b]November: [/b]Earth - Trees have dropped their leaves, but snow has not yet fallen. You see a lot of bare earth. The last harvests are pulled in, further exposing it. [*][b]January:[/b] Ice - Depending on where you live, there may be a good deal of snow and icy temperatures at work. [*][b]February: [/b]Shadow - Long nights and long shadows! (December does contain the longest night, but we didn't want to put an elemental holiday in that month.) [*][b]March:[/b] Wind - In the northern hemisphere March is a notoriously windy month. [*][b]April:[/b] Water - April showers, etc. [*][b]May:[/b] Nature - It's safe to plant most flowers and gardens. Greenery everywhere! [/LIST] [br][br] [quote]Is there a way we can figure out if our holiday skin and accent contest submissions are in the proper format when we put them in the thread for judging? Also, how do we put the files in the thread post so that they show up properly (with regards to file layers and formatting)? Other than going to other users for help I mean, because I'd like to make a submission, but I'm super worried that I'll mess up file size or formatting and it will be ineligible.[/quote] Your submission should use our template file. The final artwork should be 350x350 pixels wide (the templates we provide are larger so that you can do detail work with greater ease), saved as a .png with alpha transparency. Typically, png24 will do this nicely. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/skins/3]We have a tutorial on creating skins here.[/url] [br][br] [quote]Canonically, what happens when a familiar is reduced in Baldwin's pot? Are they just tossed in alive, or do dragons only use familiars that have already died from other causes? If so, is that standard practice for dead familiars?[/quote] Canonically, you are using Baldwin's cauldron. Baldwin would not allow any dragon using his cauldron to put a living creature inside. A scrap of fur, a handful of leaves, a piece of horn, these will work just fine! [br][br] [quote]How do you post a dragon, with it both acting as a link and a picture?[/quote] Visit the page of the dragon you would like to post. Click "Generate code" and copy BB code for sites that use BB code (such as our forums) or html for sites that allow it.
Quote:
You say "this year's" flight vistas will cycle into Joxar's box and be unavalable for direct purchase. Does that mean there will be more (as in, different) vistas for each elemental flight? Might we see a different Light Flight vista next June, for example?

We will announce plans for the 2017-2018 holiday season at the end of the 2016-2017 season.

Quote:
What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Quote:
Are at least SOME of the exalted dragons eaten by their deities?

...Please?

The dragons of Sornieth are their creations. They do not eat them.

Quote:

Undel, Xhaztol, and the entire art team contribute ideas and artwork to bring the resources, flora, and fauna of Sornieth to life.

Quote:
Can our dragons really die? I hope not o.0

Your dragons cannot die. Even if they lose all their energy in the coliseum or through hunger, they will be okay! We understand that players need to spend time away from the game every now and again. It would not be fun if every time you left, you lost your entire clan of dragons that you worked so hard for and grew attached to.

Quote:
Are the... I suppose "Goblin" is going to wind up being the template name, since it's not alliterative... are they about the same size as the sprites? Bigger? Smaller?

The goblins are around the same size as the sprites, give or take a couple of centimeters.

Quote:
How did the FR staff decide the dates for the Elemental Festivals? Were they just any old days, already existing holidays, days that have a special meaning, or...? I'm really curious. ^^

We aim to have each holiday fall on the last week of the month that's 4 days or more, starting on a Sunday.

As far as the months that were assigned, they very loosely correspond with a variety of factors. Note: These factors typically do not affect Sornieth. This is simply the admin's internal logic at work rather than rolling the dice on the holidays! A lot of this relates to where we live, which is in the northern hemisphere in North America.

• June: Light - The Longest day of the year occurs during June.
  • July: Lightning - Depending on the area you live in you can see heat lightning, which seemed to fit well with desert-dwelling electric dragons.
  • August: Fire - It's hot. It's so hot. Fire is hot. August is hot like fire. It burns.
  • September: Arcane - A new year of school is starting: time to learn.
  • October: Plague - Many plants are in the process of dying off for the year, ready to come back later.
  • November: Earth - Trees have dropped their leaves, but snow has not yet fallen. You see a lot of bare earth. The last harvests are pulled in, further exposing it.
  • January: Ice - Depending on where you live, there may be a good deal of snow and icy temperatures at work.
  • February: Shadow - Long nights and long shadows! (December does contain the longest night, but we didn't want to put an elemental holiday in that month.)
  • March: Wind - In the northern hemisphere March is a notoriously windy month.
  • April: Water - April showers, etc.
  • May: Nature - It's safe to plant most flowers and gardens. Greenery everywhere!

Quote:
Is there a way we can figure out if our holiday skin and accent contest submissions are in the proper format when we put them in the thread for judging? Also, how do we put the files in the thread post so that they show up properly (with regards to file layers and formatting)?

Other than going to other users for help I mean, because I'd like to make a submission, but I'm super worried that I'll mess up file size or formatting and it will be ineligible.

Your submission should use our template file. The final artwork should be 350x350 pixels wide (the templates we provide are larger so that you can do detail work with greater ease), saved as a .png with alpha transparency. Typically, png24 will do this nicely.

We have a tutorial on creating skins here.

Quote:
Canonically, what happens when a familiar is reduced in Baldwin's pot? Are they just tossed in alive, or do dragons only use familiars that have already died from other causes? If so, is that standard practice for dead familiars?

Canonically, you are using Baldwin's cauldron.

Baldwin would not allow any dragon using his cauldron to put a living creature inside. A scrap of fur, a handful of leaves, a piece of horn, these will work just fine!

Quote:
How do you post a dragon, with it both acting as a link and a picture?

Visit the page of the dragon you would like to post. Click "Generate code" and copy BB code for sites that use BB code (such as our forums) or html for sites that allow it.
Yes... thank you for answering my question...
Why does FR have the best staff on the internet?
Yes... thank you for answering my question...
Why does FR have the best staff on the internet?
Piers || He/It/Pup || 20
if we only are using horns, fur, etc of a familiar when we reduce familiars, where do the familiars go? Do we release them into the wild? If we do that, what about familiars who don't live around the area our flight is at?
if we only are using horns, fur, etc of a familiar when we reduce familiars, where do the familiars go? Do we release them into the wild? If we do that, what about familiars who don't live around the area our flight is at?
Ambushes for sale! (pinkerton keeps giving them to me). PM me and we can work out a price.

Must have many Enchanted Orca Necklacesssss
Do different genes affect the texture of a dragon's skin/scales? Does a dragon with crackle feel more rough and dragons with cry/fac feel smooth and hard, or do genes only affect how the dragon looks?
Do different genes affect the texture of a dragon's skin/scales? Does a dragon with crackle feel more rough and dragons with cry/fac feel smooth and hard, or do genes only affect how the dragon looks?
crowish.gif
Why did you upset @Stormcatcher this regard window?
Why did you upset @Stormcatcher this regard window?
Piers || He/It/Pup || 20
What is the average size of an unbroken doorway in the Hewn City? Does this vary in a way that suggests different creatures lived in different quarters of the city?
What is the average size of an unbroken doorway in the Hewn City? Does this vary in a way that suggests different creatures lived in different quarters of the city?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
If dragons did die (FR lorewise), where would they go? Do they just become spirits that wander, or are they reincarnated? Or is there some sort of special heaven-like place for each flight?
If dragons did die (FR lorewise), where would they go? Do they just become spirits that wander, or are they reincarnated? Or is there some sort of special heaven-like place for each flight?
Here we go. :D
LORE

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do they have prophetic dreams?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

I know that from a game standpoint the coli-dropped eggs are there to bring new breeding material into the game. But from a lore standpoint, why are the stolen eggs from guardian/fae/tundra/mirror nests? Do Beastclans go out of their way to target those particular breeds or is there something about those breeds that means they’re more capable of surviving being abducted than others as eggs?

Faes belong to the Arcanist, Mirrors to the Plaguebringer, Tundras to the Icewarden and Guardians to the Tidelord. Why are the starter breeds from gods that are so far apart timeline-wise? If they’re the starters, shouldn’t they be should more primordial than others. But the Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another breed to create their breeds. Is it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation?

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, could they still form emperors?

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? I imagine the site would perform best with a specific set of variables (particular video cards, a particular base internet speed and, so forth…)

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Will the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

I don’t want this to be misconstrued as a direct suggestion. But, would it be even worth the effort of developing a suggestion to ask for a limited option to sponsor particular apparel the way the KS tiers worked? If I’m not mistaken, for a pledge of around $250 a sponsor could submit a design for apparel. I actually don’t know if anyone bought that tier, but at this point in time. It’s a crying shame that none of the armor sets have thagomizers and I’m willing to pay to rectify that now.
Here we go. :D
LORE

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do they have prophetic dreams?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

I know that from a game standpoint the coli-dropped eggs are there to bring new breeding material into the game. But from a lore standpoint, why are the stolen eggs from guardian/fae/tundra/mirror nests? Do Beastclans go out of their way to target those particular breeds or is there something about those breeds that means they’re more capable of surviving being abducted than others as eggs?

Faes belong to the Arcanist, Mirrors to the Plaguebringer, Tundras to the Icewarden and Guardians to the Tidelord. Why are the starter breeds from gods that are so far apart timeline-wise? If they’re the starters, shouldn’t they be should more primordial than others. But the Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another breed to create their breeds. Is it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation?

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, could they still form emperors?

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? I imagine the site would perform best with a specific set of variables (particular video cards, a particular base internet speed and, so forth…)

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Will the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

I don’t want this to be misconstrued as a direct suggestion. But, would it be even worth the effort of developing a suggestion to ask for a limited option to sponsor particular apparel the way the KS tiers worked? If I’m not mistaken, for a pledge of around $250 a sponsor could submit a design for apparel. I actually don’t know if anyone bought that tier, but at this point in time. It’s a crying shame that none of the armor sets have thagomizers and I’m willing to pay to rectify that now.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 527 528 529 530 531 ... 753 754