Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 753 754
Why aren't add-ons or browser extensions "allowed" on FR? I say "allowed" in quotes, as end-users have a fundamental right to modify content delivered to their browsers.

FR's team cannot legally shut down add-ons or extensions, and it seems like a bad idea to stifle extensions that make a user's experience more enjoyable.

Note that I am not saying we should be able to use bots in the coli or anything like that - it's entirely reasonable to ban an account found to be using such a script.

However, there are many examples of companies trying (and failing) to shut down add-ons they dislike because they modify a browsers content. It has been consistently ruled as entirely legal and okay. For example, the developers of an extension called OccupyTheBookstore, a chrome extension designed to find cheaper textbook prices, recently attacked by Follet, a textbook publisher, because it drew people away from their website. However, Follet has no ground to stand on, as every user has a right to modify content delivered to their browser however they desire.

Adblock is another huge precedent for this. Adblock would DEFINITELY have been shut down by now by advertisers were users not fully within their rights to change content delivered to them.
Why aren't add-ons or browser extensions "allowed" on FR? I say "allowed" in quotes, as end-users have a fundamental right to modify content delivered to their browsers.

FR's team cannot legally shut down add-ons or extensions, and it seems like a bad idea to stifle extensions that make a user's experience more enjoyable.

Note that I am not saying we should be able to use bots in the coli or anything like that - it's entirely reasonable to ban an account found to be using such a script.

However, there are many examples of companies trying (and failing) to shut down add-ons they dislike because they modify a browsers content. It has been consistently ruled as entirely legal and okay. For example, the developers of an extension called OccupyTheBookstore, a chrome extension designed to find cheaper textbook prices, recently attacked by Follet, a textbook publisher, because it drew people away from their website. However, Follet has no ground to stand on, as every user has a right to modify content delivered to their browser however they desire.

Adblock is another huge precedent for this. Adblock would DEFINITELY have been shut down by now by advertisers were users not fully within their rights to change content delivered to them.
Are there any plans for keybinding to coli, and possibly shortening Rally's animation? The magic counterpart to it takes a good deal less time to use, and the animation can be shortened quite easily by playing the effect on the ground and the arrows simultaneously.

EDIT: Also, is there currently any work being done to fix the first-turn glitch in the Coliseum, and if not, can you give a general estimate as to its priority compared to other features on the site that are being worked on/need work?
Are there any plans for keybinding to coli, and possibly shortening Rally's animation? The magic counterpart to it takes a good deal less time to use, and the animation can be shortened quite easily by playing the effect on the ground and the arrows simultaneously.

EDIT: Also, is there currently any work being done to fix the first-turn glitch in the Coliseum, and if not, can you give a general estimate as to its priority compared to other features on the site that are being worked on/need work?
is the "dragnmeet" future feature still being developed? As in, is it still going to be something that will be implemented in the future?
is the "dragnmeet" future feature still being developed? As in, is it still going to be something that will be implemented in the future?
05qhES2.png
fkWjutW.png
uPOLOvt.png
FObX7rS.png
WKtl2lb.png
Vn2pQ5Q.png ANTIMONY
LESBIAN
SHE/THEY
FRT+2
MEMORY PROBLEMS- KINDLY REMIND
Um i just have a quick question, i recently bought all 11 runestones, but i didn't get the achievement, "in tune with the runes"
Um i just have a quick question, i recently bought all 11 runestones, but i didn't get the achievement, "in tune with the runes"
I'm pretty sure this has been asked but I was wondering if there was any sort plan for an autoplay or quick keys designated for the coliseum in the future? I know, especially when grinding for a very very long time in the coliseum, the multiple and constant buttons needed to complete a battle is time consuming(not much per battle but it does add up over time) and almost unnecessary. I would be really interested in hearing if you also have other plans or hopes in the very soon future for the coliseum!
I'm pretty sure this has been asked but I was wondering if there was any sort plan for an autoplay or quick keys designated for the coliseum in the future? I know, especially when grinding for a very very long time in the coliseum, the multiple and constant buttons needed to complete a battle is time consuming(not much per battle but it does add up over time) and almost unnecessary. I would be really interested in hearing if you also have other plans or hopes in the very soon future for the coliseum!
oGmqQsu.png
Okay....so.....I'm not intending this to be patronizing or sarcastic ...i'm just utterly baffled.

1)The rules and guidelines sometimes need clarification. (Okay, fine, nobody's perfect first time around)

2)Sometimes, new rules are added without being offically added to the rules and guidelines.

3)Given that we're not allowed to discuss "contact us" communication.... (also understandable)

4)The place to discuss hypothetical account actions where everybody can see it is the forums....like... in a dedicated thread for Q and A. Like this one, for example.

5)Why are we not allowed to discuss hypothetical account actions?
Okay....so.....I'm not intending this to be patronizing or sarcastic ...i'm just utterly baffled.

1)The rules and guidelines sometimes need clarification. (Okay, fine, nobody's perfect first time around)

2)Sometimes, new rules are added without being offically added to the rules and guidelines.

3)Given that we're not allowed to discuss "contact us" communication.... (also understandable)

4)The place to discuss hypothetical account actions where everybody can see it is the forums....like... in a dedicated thread for Q and A. Like this one, for example.

5)Why are we not allowed to discuss hypothetical account actions?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
From what I recall reading, where the Beastclans place at any given time is pretty much randomized, and we've seen how they can jump all over the board. Is there some sort of mechanic that contributes to their placing, though? We Exalt and that affects our position on the board, but does anything affect the Beastclans like that?

If there is some underlying method to where they are, would that get gimped if Beastclans ever somehow place 1st? Would we see them jumping lower on the board b/c of Battle Fatigue, or would they be unaffected by Battle Fatigue?
From what I recall reading, where the Beastclans place at any given time is pretty much randomized, and we've seen how they can jump all over the board. Is there some sort of mechanic that contributes to their placing, though? We Exalt and that affects our position on the board, but does anything affect the Beastclans like that?

If there is some underlying method to where they are, would that get gimped if Beastclans ever somehow place 1st? Would we see them jumping lower on the board b/c of Battle Fatigue, or would they be unaffected by Battle Fatigue?
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
Exactly what kind of problems are we supposed to direct to mods, and what problems are we supposed to direct to the contact us link?

I know there's a ban on hypothetical actions, but if something is sent to us via PM, do we go mods, or contact us? If the broken rules are in a profile description, a dragon description, profile comments, dragon names, forum signatures, or forum posts... what are mods capable and trusted with dealing with, and what do we have to go over their heads straight to admin about?

Edit: What is the best means of contacting a mod? If an issue is found, should we use the "report" button located in various spots, or should we send a PM to a mod?

Should we PM admin, or ONLY use the contact us link? Is the contact us link monitored around the clock in case of catastrophic issues like NSFW being posted in profile comments or threads (again another hypothetical I suck at this) that need instant attention?
Exactly what kind of problems are we supposed to direct to mods, and what problems are we supposed to direct to the contact us link?

I know there's a ban on hypothetical actions, but if something is sent to us via PM, do we go mods, or contact us? If the broken rules are in a profile description, a dragon description, profile comments, dragon names, forum signatures, or forum posts... what are mods capable and trusted with dealing with, and what do we have to go over their heads straight to admin about?

Edit: What is the best means of contacting a mod? If an issue is found, should we use the "report" button located in various spots, or should we send a PM to a mod?

Should we PM admin, or ONLY use the contact us link? Is the contact us link monitored around the clock in case of catastrophic issues like NSFW being posted in profile comments or threads (again another hypothetical I suck at this) that need instant attention?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Oh, another question--is Points still on the table, since Okapi came out?
Oh, another question--is Points still on the table, since Okapi came out?
I'm on FR time! Pronouns: she/her
Accents | Tumblr | Commissions
Excerpts from a Longneck Journal - beastclans-POV illustrated fic, finished
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
Lore question: what kinds of pronouns exist in Sornieth? Do the different languages (Coatl, Standard Draconic, various Beastclan languages) sometimes have gaps in gender communication because some pronouns exist in some languages but not others?

(Of course, this is connected to the larger question of "how do dragons conceptualize gender and gender roles, and is that true across species?" but that's a much more complicated question to answer.)
Lore question: what kinds of pronouns exist in Sornieth? Do the different languages (Coatl, Standard Draconic, various Beastclan languages) sometimes have gaps in gender communication because some pronouns exist in some languages but not others?

(Of course, this is connected to the larger question of "how do dragons conceptualize gender and gender roles, and is that true across species?" but that's a much more complicated question to answer.)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 753 754