Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 753 754
When exactly is the Saturnalia starting? We at water flight kind of need to know to plan our festivities.
When exactly is the Saturnalia starting? We at water flight kind of need to know to plan our festivities.
Na5WGHa.png
[quote]So I have a question concerning Swipp I'm glad to see a lot more skins and what not, but each time there's an item added it seems like it takes forever until it cycles through, or for an item others are waiting for ((AKA waiting forever on Maned Cobra but all the items come up instead)) Will there be any updates to taking items out of swipp and retiring them? Like the Fallout Streak, Tawny Antlers, Radioactive Slime, any of the items that can be obtained outside swipp and just as easily? We fear that more items will become delayed in showing up, thus taking forever for them to appear.[/quote] We are working on slowly removing the items that are not unique to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=tradepost&lot=swap][b]Swipp's stand[/b][/url]. Many of the non-uniques will be removed when we have an item of the same type (unique to Swipp) to replace it! [br][br] [quote]How do Kelp Beds familiars live with clans who are located in areas away from the sea/bodies of water (like in the middle of the Ashfall Waste)? I can't see a Maren sitting happily in a giant fishbowl, for example.[/quote] There are a variety of ways that the dragons maintain friendship with their familiar and companion. It is possible that the familiar could live far away from the dragon, and the dragon could visit them from time to time. In the case of an sentient species such as the Maren, it's possible that they "bond" over correspondences back and forth (though we're not sure that other dragon clans and beast clans would appreciate the friendship!) These are just a couple of possibilities, and every player may have a unique story for how their clan members maintain their friendship with their familiars! [br][br] [quote]Also, where do the familiars get the treasure chests from? My Glowing Pocket Mouse seems, despite her size, able to get even a Gilded Chest just fine while my whole clan of Imperials seem unable to find more than a single pebble when digging. What is the secret of the familiars? Or are dragons just too dumb to find as many chests as basically every familiar out there?[/quote] [br] [center][img]http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/its-magic-shia-labeouf-gif.gif[/img][/center] [br] (alternatively, the familiar may collect treasure and trinkets as they travel with their dragon companions, storing them away for a special day when they want to suprise their friend!) [br][br] [quote]I think I read that coatls don't have much sexual dimorphism. Related to that are their head feathers just in different poses or do the female feathers face down while the males' feather out like a mane?[/quote] Coatl have an expressive crest. The female's illustration is in a relaxed position, while the male's illustration is flared outward. [br][br] [quote]What determines what week a flight festival is going to be? Up until this jamboree I'd thought it was the week that contained the last day of the month, but that's obviously not right anymore! Is there a set schedule for the upcoming year's festivals already made?[/quote] We try and do the last week of a month starting on a Sunday, but if the week is shorter, we do the second to last week as our festival so that the majority of the celebration is in the appropriate month and doesn't spill over into next month too much. [br][br] [quote]Can you tell us who exactly is managing the deity accounts? Also, will there be more interaction with them and more regular updating their accounts? I'm sure a lot of people would like to see more community interaction with their deities, but the accounts don't seem to be used or updated as often as they could. Is it planned, but just not a priority at the moment as other things like bug fixes demand more attention?[/quote] The Deities of [i]Flight Rising[/i] speak for themselves. -As if an elemental force could be "managed"! [i]Though[/i]... there are some who say there is a team of add-minn behind the scenes. It is whispered that they greatly enjoy their storytelling interactions and would like to do more of them, though we've been firmly instructed not to pay attention to the curtain when a god is talking. [br] [center][img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2618300/the-man-behind-the-curtain-o.gif[/img][/center] [br][br] [quote]When exactly is the Saturnalia starting? We at water flight kind of need to know to plan our festivities. [/quote] The week of April 26th!
Quote:
So I have a question concerning Swipp

I'm glad to see a lot more skins and what not, but each time there's an item added it seems like it takes forever until it cycles through, or for an item others are waiting for ((AKA waiting forever on Maned Cobra but all the items come up instead))

Will there be any updates to taking items out of swipp and retiring them? Like the Fallout Streak, Tawny Antlers, Radioactive Slime, any of the items that can be obtained outside swipp and just as easily?

We fear that more items will become delayed in showing up, thus taking forever for them to appear.

We are working on slowly removing the items that are not unique to Swipp's stand. Many of the non-uniques will be removed when we have an item of the same type (unique to Swipp) to replace it!

Quote:
How do Kelp Beds familiars live with clans who are located in areas away from the sea/bodies of water (like in the middle of the Ashfall Waste)? I can't see a Maren sitting happily in a giant fishbowl, for example.

There are a variety of ways that the dragons maintain friendship with their familiar and companion. It is possible that the familiar could live far away from the dragon, and the dragon could visit them from time to time. In the case of an sentient species such as the Maren, it's possible that they "bond" over correspondences back and forth (though we're not sure that other dragon clans and beast clans would appreciate the friendship!) These are just a couple of possibilities, and every player may have a unique story for how their clan members maintain their friendship with their familiars!

Quote:
Also, where do the familiars get the treasure chests from? My Glowing Pocket Mouse seems, despite her size, able to get even a Gilded Chest just fine while my whole clan of Imperials seem unable to find more than a single pebble when digging. What is the secret of the familiars? Or are dragons just too dumb to find as many chests as basically every familiar out there?

its-magic-shia-labeouf-gif.gif

(alternatively, the familiar may collect treasure and trinkets as they travel with their dragon companions, storing them away for a special day when they want to suprise their friend!)

Quote:
I think I read that coatls don't have much sexual dimorphism. Related to that are their head feathers just in different poses or do the female feathers face down while the males' feather out like a mane?

Coatl have an expressive crest. The female's illustration is in a relaxed position, while the male's illustration is flared outward.

Quote:
What determines what week a flight festival is going to be? Up until this jamboree I'd thought it was the week that contained the last day of the month, but that's obviously not right anymore! Is there a set schedule for the upcoming year's festivals already made?

We try and do the last week of a month starting on a Sunday, but if the week is shorter, we do the second to last week as our festival so that the majority of the celebration is in the appropriate month and doesn't spill over into next month too much.

Quote:
Can you tell us who exactly is managing the deity accounts?

Also, will there be more interaction with them and more regular updating their accounts? I'm sure a lot of people would like to see more community interaction with their deities, but the accounts don't seem to be used or updated as often as they could. Is it planned, but just not a priority at the moment as other things like bug fixes demand more attention?

The Deities of Flight Rising speak for themselves. -As if an elemental force could be "managed"!

Though... there are some who say there is a team of add-minn behind the scenes. It is whispered that they greatly enjoy their storytelling interactions and would like to do more of them, though we've been firmly instructed not to pay attention to the curtain when a god is talking.

the-man-behind-the-curtain-o.gif

Quote:

The week of April 26th!
So, it's already known that exalting either of one's progens doesn't give a treasure reward. Does this carry over into the dominance counter? For instance, if I exalt my random progen to the Plaguebringer at level 10, does that count for 10 levels towards Plague, one level towards Plague, or nothing at all (as though the dragon hadn't been exalted)?
So, it's already known that exalting either of one's progens doesn't give a treasure reward. Does this carry over into the dominance counter? For instance, if I exalt my random progen to the Plaguebringer at level 10, does that count for 10 levels towards Plague, one level towards Plague, or nothing at all (as though the dragon hadn't been exalted)?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Will a library/archive be made for custom skins and accents?

For future festivals, will we eventually be allowed to make apparel? And what is the process for making apparel?

Why aren't we allowed to have spaces, numbers, or symbols in dragon names?

Also sakura silks and white flowerfalls.
Will a library/archive be made for custom skins and accents?

For future festivals, will we eventually be allowed to make apparel? And what is the process for making apparel?

Why aren't we allowed to have spaces, numbers, or symbols in dragon names?

Also sakura silks and white flowerfalls.
I was wondering how often events like the Night of the Nocturne happen or will happen and if they are limited to December
I was wondering how often events like the Night of the Nocturne happen or will happen and if they are limited to December
1) Is there any such thing as a general loot table for a Coliseum venue, or are all drops actually from monster-specific loot tables, even for items that are shown in the general "Uncommon Zone Drops" section of the venue's Encyclopedia entry instead of in the per-monster section?
If there are only monster-specific loot tables, it might be good to clarify that somewhere (like on the Encyclopedia Coli Venue overview page), since it looks like the current layout is making people think that per-venue loot tables exist. (This just came up in a discussion thread.)

2) Is it intentional that some 3-star items are found more frequently during Gathering than 2-star or even 1-star items at the same level? Specifically I'm talking about amber and trilobites in Digging and jellyfish in Fishing - according to the data from my Gathering spreadsheets, level-25 Diggers find amber/trilobites at a rate of about 38 per 100 turns, compared to 31-42 for 1-star items and 19-25 for 2-star; the Digging numbers are fairly similar. I don't think this is a bug per se - it's just that Fishing and Digging only have a single 3-star item per element, so while overall there's a higher chance of getting something 1-star or 2-star than something 3-star, the chance for 1-star and 2-star gets split between multiple items, while the chance for 3-star does not. (Or at least that's how I understand it works.)
Are the admins aware of this? Are there any plans of fixing it, either by changing how Gathering chances work or simply by adding another 3-star item to Digging and Fishing?
1) Is there any such thing as a general loot table for a Coliseum venue, or are all drops actually from monster-specific loot tables, even for items that are shown in the general "Uncommon Zone Drops" section of the venue's Encyclopedia entry instead of in the per-monster section?
If there are only monster-specific loot tables, it might be good to clarify that somewhere (like on the Encyclopedia Coli Venue overview page), since it looks like the current layout is making people think that per-venue loot tables exist. (This just came up in a discussion thread.)

2) Is it intentional that some 3-star items are found more frequently during Gathering than 2-star or even 1-star items at the same level? Specifically I'm talking about amber and trilobites in Digging and jellyfish in Fishing - according to the data from my Gathering spreadsheets, level-25 Diggers find amber/trilobites at a rate of about 38 per 100 turns, compared to 31-42 for 1-star items and 19-25 for 2-star; the Digging numbers are fairly similar. I don't think this is a bug per se - it's just that Fishing and Digging only have a single 3-star item per element, so while overall there's a higher chance of getting something 1-star or 2-star than something 3-star, the chance for 1-star and 2-star gets split between multiple items, while the chance for 3-star does not. (Or at least that's how I understand it works.)
Are the admins aware of this? Are there any plans of fixing it, either by changing how Gathering chances work or simply by adding another 3-star item to Digging and Fishing?
Is there a set process as to what day the skin and accent submissions for the next festival go up? Is it the day after the previous festival ends? Or is there something else you look at when posting?
Is there a set process as to what day the skin and accent submissions for the next festival go up? Is it the day after the previous festival ends? Or is there something else you look at when posting?
Is the Windsinger still staying at the Observatory or back at his lair? If he's still at Arcanist's place, then why has he been there for so long and not at home yet? His little windies are calling for their daddy back. Windsinger better not be eating Arcanist out of house and home.
Is the Windsinger still staying at the Observatory or back at his lair? If he's still at Arcanist's place, then why has he been there for so long and not at home yet? His little windies are calling for their daddy back. Windsinger better not be eating Arcanist out of house and home.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
Are the shellbugs based off a RL invertebrate?
Are the shellbugs based off a RL invertebrate?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Who composed the Fairgrounds BGMs? I really like the one for Runestones, it gets me awfully pumped up for a memory game.
Who composed the Fairgrounds BGMs? I really like the one for Runestones, it gets me awfully pumped up for a memory game.
iiJfkW7.pngHYKufkZ.png8H57y7U.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 753 754