Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 753 754
Is there a any new dragon breeds in the works or will it be a very long time before we start seeing any new dragon breeds?
Is there a any new dragon breeds in the works or will it be a very long time before we start seeing any new dragon breeds?
I have a question! Does the relative size of the parent dragons have any effect on the size of their offspring? For example, if you bred two dragons that are considered Dwarf-size for their respective species, would their hatchlings have a higher chance of also being Dwarf-sized? Or are the sizes of dragons randomized?

(I'm asking on behalf of one of our clan members, Ibisci the micro-Nocturne).
I have a question! Does the relative size of the parent dragons have any effect on the size of their offspring? For example, if you bred two dragons that are considered Dwarf-size for their respective species, would their hatchlings have a higher chance of also being Dwarf-sized? Or are the sizes of dragons randomized?

(I'm asking on behalf of one of our clan members, Ibisci the micro-Nocturne).
Since Spitfire and Pearl have returned from a vacation, does this mean Edgar gets time off as well? He did just spend that entire time covering everyone's deliveries...
Since Spitfire and Pearl have returned from a vacation, does this mean Edgar gets time off as well? He did just spend that entire time covering everyone's deliveries...
YoU kNow whAt I aLwAyS sAy eXcePT yOu dOn'T
If Pearl and Spitfire recently returned, does that mean that Edgar's been stealing their identities this whole time?
If Pearl and Spitfire recently returned, does that mean that Edgar's been stealing their identities this whole time?
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
What exactly is the Spiral Keep? Is it the shell of an ancient, unbelievably enormous sea slug? How did Tidelord come to claim it as his home?
What exactly is the Spiral Keep? Is it the shell of an ancient, unbelievably enormous sea slug? How did Tidelord come to claim it as his home?
Are there any plans to re-release old exclusive items like the original elemental sprites? Some old skins, familiars and apparel are at priced too high for most anyone to buy and there's no way for newer players to get them.
Are there any plans to re-release old exclusive items like the original elemental sprites? Some old skins, familiars and apparel are at priced too high for most anyone to buy and there's no way for newer players to get them.
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
What species of dragon are Edgar, Pearl and Spitfire? Do they have one? Or are they some sort of cross-breed?
What species of dragon are Edgar, Pearl and Spitfire? Do they have one? Or are they some sort of cross-breed?
Tztaw1U.png
[b]Note[/b]: We've seen an increase in "ETA" type questions. We know you're excited about upcoming features (we're excited, too!) but we don't provide estimated release times. Any number of things can happen during the development process to delay or indefinitely delay a feature or update. [quote]What is the design and creation process like for new Familiars? Do artists come to staff with sketches and ideas? Do the staff tell the artists what kind of creatures they are looking for? How long does it usually take from Idea Creation to Release? Can you show us any old drafts of Familiars that didn't make the cut?[/quote] It's a little of both. For some familiar projects, a clear description of what is required is provided to the artists. For some projects, a loose prompt is provided so the artist has a bit more freedom. And some projects are artist's choice, and the artist presents a sketch for consideration/approval to move onto a final design. [br][br] [quote]Will battle stuff, apparel, eggs, and other rare drops be added to the Crystal Pools?[/quote] Yes, they will. Once the rare drop item release for Crystal Pools comes out, we'll be updating the loot table to also include eggs and battle stones. [br][br] [quote]Is a Tundras fur water-resistant, or would any non-water tundra thrown into the water suddenly weigh twice its original weight from its fur soaking it up?[/quote] Their fur is water-resistant, but not water proof. They have a double coat. If water penetrates the coarse outer coat protected by natural oils and reaches the undercoat, the tundra would become wet and waterlogged. [br][br] [quote]not a site-wise question, but i was wondering if it was alright to include some FR elements into NaNoWriMo ? i'm writing a story and i realized i've put in some things from here but i want to make sure that's alright ??[/quote] If you're writing a story with intent to publish/sell, we ask that you set it in your own original world rather than using the [i]Flight Rising[/i] IP. If you'd like to make a fanwork available online free, we think fanfiction is great as long as it is clearly designated as such! [br][br] [quote]When feeding dragons you get a pop saying "All of your dragons are happy and full of energy" and yet Tomo has a question asking something like "What emotion has never been seen on a dragon"...answer: Happiness. So do they experience happiness or not?[/quote] The question was "[i]The Brilliant Bobtail Squid conveys its emotions through bioluminescent displays. Which emotional display has never been observed by a dragon?[/i]". The question was about the squid. Both the squid and the dragon can be happy, but a squid is never happy to see a dragon! Onomnomnom.
Note: We've seen an increase in "ETA" type questions. We know you're excited about upcoming features (we're excited, too!) but we don't provide estimated release times. Any number of things can happen during the development process to delay or indefinitely delay a feature or update.

Quote:
What is the design and creation process like for new Familiars? Do artists come to staff with sketches and ideas? Do the staff tell the artists what kind of creatures they are looking for? How long does it usually take from Idea Creation to Release? Can you show us any old drafts of Familiars that didn't make the cut?

It's a little of both. For some familiar projects, a clear description of what is required is provided to the artists. For some projects, a loose prompt is provided so the artist has a bit more freedom. And some projects are artist's choice, and the artist presents a sketch for consideration/approval to move onto a final design.

Quote:
Will battle stuff, apparel, eggs, and other rare drops be added to the Crystal Pools?

Yes, they will. Once the rare drop item release for Crystal Pools comes out, we'll be updating the loot table to also include eggs and battle stones.

Quote:
Is a Tundras fur water-resistant, or would any non-water tundra thrown into the water suddenly weigh twice its original weight from its fur soaking it up?

Their fur is water-resistant, but not water proof. They have a double coat. If water penetrates the coarse outer coat protected by natural oils and reaches the undercoat, the tundra would become wet and waterlogged.

Quote:
not a site-wise question, but i was wondering if it was alright to include some FR elements into NaNoWriMo ? i'm writing a story and i realized i've put in some things from here but i want to make sure that's alright ??

If you're writing a story with intent to publish/sell, we ask that you set it in your own original world rather than using the Flight Rising IP.

If you'd like to make a fanwork available online free, we think fanfiction is great as long as it is clearly designated as such!

Quote:
When feeding dragons you get a pop saying "All of your dragons are happy and full of energy" and yet Tomo has a question asking something like "What emotion has never been seen on a dragon"...answer: Happiness.

So do they experience happiness or not?

The question was "The Brilliant Bobtail Squid conveys its emotions through bioluminescent displays. Which emotional display has never been observed by a dragon?". The question was about the squid. Both the squid and the dragon can be happy, but a squid is never happy to see a dragon! Onomnomnom.
Where are the coliseum venues located in correlation to the world map?
Where are the coliseum venues located in correlation to the world map?
VHFsfxu.gif
on average, about how many dragons are breed changed per day?
on average, about how many dragons are breed changed per day?
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 753 754