Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest Discussion 2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
This thread is for the item caption contest questions and discussion. If you would like to submit to the contest, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1314498]please use the submissions thread[/url]. [br][br] ----- [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Items Caption Contest[/b][/size][/center] [b]Writers[/b], if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor orphaned items with compassion and creativity. What is their story? The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes. [indent][b]Premise: [/b] Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest. [b]Deadline: [/b] Tuesday January 20, 23:59 server time [b]Length: [/b] Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 32 characters in name if renamed. [b]Prizes: [/b]Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista + 1000 gems [/indent] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/layout/gem_pile.png[/img] [/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Items & Format:[/b][/size][/center] Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption. [quote][b]Example Entry:[/b] [item=wildwood owlet] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Owlet [b]Caption:[/b][i] This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 charcters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.[/i][/quote] [center][item=aged tome][item=battered book of fables][item=bluespine slug][item=spineback slug][item=magi casting rod][item=mender's healing staff][item=micro deer][item=dwarf fawn][item=wildwood moss][item=sakura moss][item=fragrant orchid][item=delta orchid][item=rusted chain][item=tarnished chain][item=zebra cricket][item=songbird mimic][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Restrictions:[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]You may submit 1-3 entries. (total. Pick the 1-3 items you would like to caption!) [*]Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player. [*]Entries may not call out other player's names. [*]No salty language or slurs may be used in the entry. [*]The submissions thread is for [b]submissions only[/b]. Do not post commentary on what entries you like/don't like or ask questions here. Please use the caption contest discussion thread! [/LIST] [br][br]
This thread is for the item caption contest questions and discussion. If you would like to submit to the contest, please use the submissions thread.

Items Caption Contest

Writers, if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor orphaned items with compassion and creativity. What is their story?

The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes.

Premise: Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest.
Deadline: Tuesday January 20, 23:59 server time
Length: Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 32 characters in name if renamed.
Prizes: Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista + 1000 gems
gem_pile.png

Items & Format:

Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption.

Quote:
Example Entry:
Wildwood Owlet
Name: Wildwood Owlet
Caption: This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 charcters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.

Aged Tome Battered Book of Fables Bluespine Slug Spineback Slug Magi Casting Rod Micro Deer Dwarf Fawn Wildwood Moss Sakura Moss Fragrant Orchid Delta Orchid Rusted Chain Tarnished Chain Zebra Cricket Songbird Mimic

Restrictions:
  • You may submit 1-3 entries. (total. Pick the 1-3 items you would like to caption!)
  • Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player.
  • Entries may not call out other player's names.
  • No salty language or slurs may be used in the entry.
  • The submissions thread is for submissions only. Do not post commentary on what entries you like/don't like or ask questions here. Please use the caption contest discussion thread!

Some of these submissions are absolutely amazing. XD

@AmmyBanannie - LOL! Spineback Slug's is beautiful. XD

@Chabliya - Wildwood Moss, hahaha

@Kasaiku - Love the Delta Orchid. XD

@SalaamEnder - Haha on the Magi Casting Rod XD

@Lightningflash55 - I like your take on the Aged Tome.

@HezzahRae - I like your Aged Tome and Fragrant Orchid quite a bit. It really fits them.

@shehero6 - I like your Bluespine Slug blurb.

@Cailas - I like your Spineback Slug and Dwarf Fawn. XD

@SilverMidnight - Both of your Book of Fables/Casting Rod blurbs are amazing. XD

@candyninja101 - I like your Songbird Mimic. Feels like I can hear it chirping XD

@Arsi - I like your Tarnished Chain and Songbird Mimic.

@LunaPuppy - LOOLLLL your Rusted Chain is a classic. XD

@Emothy - XD That Sakura Moss. (Sempai~)

@magicalgirlrem - I like your Dwarf Fawn.

@MADKNIGHT - I like your Songbird Mimic. XD

@Treori - I like your Micro Deer. XD

@Barnac - I like your Songbird Mimic.

@Hips - I like your Fragrant Orchid.

@Jayfox - Love your Tome.

@Xentrix - I like your Aged Tome.

@Anamcha - I like your Book of Fables. XD

@Miyuzaki - Lollll, Faesop. XD < 3

@Alatreon - Perfect on that Dwarf Fawn. XD

@Betta - LOL at your Wildwood Moss. XD

@Aslee - I like your Aged Tome. :P

@wretchedrabbit - LOL your Mender's Healing Staff XD

@rubyredtan - Awwww, the Micro Deer XD

@Dragoz4444 - I like the Haunted Shackles.

@Rhea - I like your Aged Tome.

@WeyrLeader - I like your Wildwood Moss.

@Brambling - LOL Book of Fables' "delicious recipes" XD

@DarkClaw - I like your Slug blurbs and how they tie in. I also like Sakura Fluff XD

@meikomaedamore - I like your Staff blurb XD
Some of these submissions are absolutely amazing. XD

@AmmyBanannie - LOL! Spineback Slug's is beautiful. XD

@Chabliya - Wildwood Moss, hahaha

@Kasaiku - Love the Delta Orchid. XD

@SalaamEnder - Haha on the Magi Casting Rod XD

@Lightningflash55 - I like your take on the Aged Tome.

@HezzahRae - I like your Aged Tome and Fragrant Orchid quite a bit. It really fits them.

@shehero6 - I like your Bluespine Slug blurb.

@Cailas - I like your Spineback Slug and Dwarf Fawn. XD

@SilverMidnight - Both of your Book of Fables/Casting Rod blurbs are amazing. XD

@candyninja101 - I like your Songbird Mimic. Feels like I can hear it chirping XD

@Arsi - I like your Tarnished Chain and Songbird Mimic.

@LunaPuppy - LOOLLLL your Rusted Chain is a classic. XD

@Emothy - XD That Sakura Moss. (Sempai~)

@magicalgirlrem - I like your Dwarf Fawn.

@MADKNIGHT - I like your Songbird Mimic. XD

@Treori - I like your Micro Deer. XD

@Barnac - I like your Songbird Mimic.

@Hips - I like your Fragrant Orchid.

@Jayfox - Love your Tome.

@Xentrix - I like your Aged Tome.

@Anamcha - I like your Book of Fables. XD

@Miyuzaki - Lollll, Faesop. XD < 3

@Alatreon - Perfect on that Dwarf Fawn. XD

@Betta - LOL at your Wildwood Moss. XD

@Aslee - I like your Aged Tome. :P

@wretchedrabbit - LOL your Mender's Healing Staff XD

@rubyredtan - Awwww, the Micro Deer XD

@Dragoz4444 - I like the Haunted Shackles.

@Rhea - I like your Aged Tome.

@WeyrLeader - I like your Wildwood Moss.

@Brambling - LOL Book of Fables' "delicious recipes" XD

@DarkClaw - I like your Slug blurbs and how they tie in. I also like Sakura Fluff XD

@meikomaedamore - I like your Staff blurb XD
windanim_by_javen-d6bl01h.gifNNDfNgs.pngZ3KdCrW.png
Excellent, we're in business! I've been compiling a bunch of these I wanted to repost here--is that okay, if I do it in batches?
Excellent, we're in business! I've been compiling a bunch of these I wanted to repost here--is that okay, if I do it in batches?
Atc1dz0.png54606251.png ·· 53812642.png ·· 54544677.png ·· 54741908.png
@SapphireDragon
Ahhh~ Thanks XD
As soon as I saw it, I had to get it on there XD
@SapphireDragon
Ahhh~ Thanks XD
As soon as I saw it, I had to get it on there XD
@SapphireDragon Awww thanks. I was a little intimidated to see all the entries, but I at least had to try. ^_^
@SapphireDragon Awww thanks. I was a little intimidated to see all the entries, but I at least had to try. ^_^
Sprites by @DogiCrimson
So let me just say I am super-glad I don't have to judge this contest--there were so many good entries in just the pages I read! (1-19, 36-45) [quote name="Fayrin" date="2015-01-09 07:36:36"][Item=Fragrant Orchid] Name: Fragrant Orchid Caption: This one comes with a label! 'Do not eat.' ...oh.[/quote] This is the one that made me go to comment on the comment thread in the first place. Absolutely love it. [quote name="DarkClaw" date="2015-01-09 02:25:37"][item=Bluespine Slug] Name: Bluespine Slug Caption: Much cooler than the Spineback Slug. [item=Spineback Slug] Name: Spineback Slug Caption: Much faster than the Bluespine Slug.[/quote] Eeeeexcellent 1-2 punch. [quote name="LemonSqueezy" date="2015-01-09 08:45:35"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8102.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Bluespine Slug [b]Caption:[/b] Frosted tips are very popular among the slug community. Sometimes groups of these slugs organize to perform soulful rock ballads or catchy pop hits.[/quote] All the better for being such an utterly unexpected joke. [quote name="Xentrix" date="2015-01-09 01:13:33"][item=Aged Tome] [b]Name:[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption:[/b] While the book itself is positively ancient, the brasswork seems recent. Whoever the last owner was, they didn't want it to fall to pieces just yet.[/quote] I love the attention this pays to the artwork! [quote name="Emothy" date="2015-01-09 00:59:12"] [item=Spineback Slug] [b]Name:[/b] Spineback Slug [b]Caption:[/b] Doubles as a fabulous mohawk toupée - and is even self-adhesive![/quote] This is one of the most inventive entries I've come across so far. Goes well with... [quote name="NocturneOwl" date="2015-01-09 01:30:50"][item=Spineback Slug] [b]Name: [/b]Spineback Slug [b]Caption:[/b] One of these slugs makes for a snack with a distinctive bitter taste. Two slugs make a distinguished pair of eyebrows.[/quote] [quote name="Enoch" date="2015-01-09 01:32:31"][item=aged tome] [b]Name:[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption:[/b] [i]"Inside these pages lie the secrets of the universe that could only be written down by the truly mad and- oh wait, its just the Arcanist's diary."[/i][/quote] My favorite Arcanist reference. [quote name="MDRatchet" date="2015-01-09 01:51:18"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8095.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Battered Book of Fables [b]Caption:[/b] The tale is in shambles and the last page is missing. An opportunity to create your own ending![/quote] I love the unusually upbeat interpretation here. [quote name="Heradotus" date="2015-01-09 01:12:26"][[item=songbird mimic] [b]Name: [/b]Songbird Mimic [b]Caption: [/b]Startlingly adept at imitating the mating calls of birds, this cricket draws many admirers. It promises dinner and a movie, but most of the time it's just dinner.[/quote] This went to such an amazingly unexpected place.
So let me just say I am super-glad I don't have to judge this contest--there were so many good entries in just the pages I read! (1-19, 36-45)
Fayrin wrote on 2015-01-09 07:36:36:
Fragrant Orchid
Name: Fragrant Orchid
Caption: This one comes with a label! 'Do not eat.' ...oh.

This is the one that made me go to comment on the comment thread in the first place. Absolutely love it.

DarkClaw wrote on 2015-01-09 02:25:37:
Bluespine Slug
Name: Bluespine Slug
Caption: Much cooler than the Spineback Slug.

Spineback Slug
Name: Spineback Slug
Caption: Much faster than the Bluespine Slug.

Eeeeexcellent 1-2 punch.

LemonSqueezy wrote on 2015-01-09 08:45:35:
8102.png
Caption: Frosted tips are very popular among the slug community. Sometimes groups of these slugs organize to perform soulful rock ballads or catchy pop hits.

All the better for being such an utterly unexpected joke.

Xentrix wrote on 2015-01-09 01:13:33:
Aged Tome
Name: Aged Tome
Caption: While the book itself is positively ancient, the brasswork seems recent. Whoever the last owner was, they didn't want it to fall to pieces just yet.

I love the attention this pays to the artwork!

Emothy wrote on 2015-01-09 00:59:12:
Spineback Slug
Caption: Doubles as a fabulous mohawk toupée - and is even self-adhesive!

This is one of the most inventive entries I've come across so far. Goes well with...
NocturneOwl wrote on 2015-01-09 01:30:50:
Spineback Slug
Caption: One of these slugs makes for a snack with a distinctive bitter taste. Two slugs make a distinguished pair of eyebrows.

Enoch wrote on 2015-01-09 01:32:31:
Aged Tome
Caption: "Inside these pages lie the secrets of the universe that could only be written down by the truly mad and- oh wait, its just the Arcanist's diary."

My favorite Arcanist reference.

MDRatchet wrote on 2015-01-09 01:51:18:
8095.png
Name: Battered Book of Fables
Caption: The tale is in shambles and the last page is missing. An opportunity to create your own ending!

I love the unusually upbeat interpretation here.

Heradotus wrote on 2015-01-09 01:12:26:
[ Songbird Mimic
Name: Songbird Mimic
Caption: Startlingly adept at imitating the mating calls of birds, this cricket draws many admirers. It promises dinner and a movie, but most of the time it's just dinner.

This went to such an amazingly unexpected place.
So I don't have commentary for the rest of these. Broken into chunks: jokes and puns first. Pages 1-19 and 36-45, again. [quote name="katiewhy" date="2015-01-09 07:50:18"][item=zebra cricket] [b]Name:[/b] Zebra Cricket [b]Caption:[/b] It's said no two Zebra Crickets have the same stripes. However, they all sound the same: loud and annoying.[/quote] [quote name="Kiriati" date="2015-01-09 07:23:14"][item=battered book of fables] [b]Item Name:[/b] Battered Book of Fables [b]Caption:[/b] There's something scrawled on the first page. "...you face a deadly consequence..." The rest is too smudged to make out, but what's the worst that could happen?[/quote] [quote name="Fenrir009" date="2015-01-09 00:40:56"][item=aged tome] [b]Name:[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption:[/b] Rare knowledge can be found in books like this, but this is a guide to making fried cockatrice.[/quote] [quote name="Miyuzaki" date="2015-01-09 01:29:55"][item=Battered Book of Fables] Name: Battered Book of Fables Caption: It seems to be written by someone named 'Faesop'.[/quote] [quote name="Kasaiku" date="2015-01-09 00:43:00"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8104.png[/img] [b]Name[/b]: Delta Orchid [b]Caption[/b]: Once eaten, some develop a taste for mathematics.[/quote] [quote name="Knyvern" date="2015-01-09 07:44:45"][item=mender&#039;s healing staff] [b]Name:[/b] Mender's Healing Staff [b]Caption:[/b] Sticks and stones may mend your bones.[/quote] [quote name="MidEclipse" date="2015-01-09 08:36:58"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8099.png[/img] Tarnished Chain: It appears these chains have had quite a bit of use. They likely once held something very strong...[/quote] [quote name="Hyacinthus" date="2015-01-09 01:15:45"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8105.png[/img] [b]Fragrant Orchid[/b] This flower exudes the sweet smell of success![/quote] [quote name="Blossomfall" date="2015-01-09 01:15:45"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8106.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Dwarf Fawn [b]Caption:[/b] To the horror of some, these playful critters are a delicacy to Mirror dragons, who often insist that they should not be so fawned over.[/quote] [quote name="Clash" date="2015-01-09 00:41:32"][item=battered book of fables] Draconomicon This ancient tome is filled with dark rites. And a truly malicious stew recipe on the final page.[/quote] [quote name="scrxpt" date="2015-01-09 00:46:46"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8094.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption:[/b] At first glance one would think it holds many wise writings, yet when opened there is only a list of times the author has molted. [/quote] [quote name="Kaelryn" date="2015-01-09 00:47:00"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8102.png[/img] Name: Bluespine Slug Caption: Unlike other invertebrates, this slug has spines. Plenty of them.[/quote] [quote name="Hiver" date="2015-01-09 00:47:01"][quote][Item=aged tome] [b]Name[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption[/b] Unlike a fine wine, this book only became musty with age.[/quote][/quote] [quote name="Cailas" date="2015-01-09 00:51:44"][item=Aged Tome] [b]Name:[/b] Library Bestiary [b]Caption:[/b] [i]It seems a rather disrespectful Wildclaw has inked doodles of themselves all over these pages.[/i][/quote] [quote name="MagicHats" date="2015-01-09 00:58:13"][quote][item=Tarnished Chain] [b]Name:[/b] Tarnished Chain [b]Caption:[/b] Whoever tried to pass it off as good quality was clearly yanking your chain.[/quote][/quote] [quote name="magicalgirlrem" date="2015-01-09 01:00:17"][item=zebra cricket] [b]Name:[/b] Zebra Cricket [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Much less interesting than zebra football.[/i] [/quote] [quote name="lichen" date="2015-01-09 08:16:54"] [img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/482c0d498d008f629dda27a1de1aaede/tumblr_nhx3itl7Te1u5xrz9o2_r1_100.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption:[/b] Due back at the library about 193 years ago.[/quote] [quote name="Ulquiorra04" date="2015-01-09 08:08:32"] [item=Zebra Cricket] [b]Name[/b]: Zebra Cricket [b]Caption[/b]: Masters of camouflage until you get them off the Zeeba. [/quote] [quote name="RabidFlamingo" date="2015-01-09 07:24:41"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8102.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] [i]Bluespine Slug[/i] [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Reports that this slug can "roll around at the speed of sound" are unfounded, at best.[/i][/quote] [quote name="lychizzle" date="2015-01-09 07:27:18"][quote][item=micro deer] This was thought to be the smallest in the cervidae family until the nano yearling was discovered.[/quote][/quote] [quote name="venvargie" date="2015-01-09 02:57:23"][img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/28e125f882897fd48c980fd1fcb3c3b4/tumblr_nhwop3kTSS1txc3gdo1_100.png[/img] [b]Wildwood Moss[/b] [i]Neither wild nor wood. Certainly is moss though.[/i][/quote]
So I don't have commentary for the rest of these. Broken into chunks: jokes and puns first. Pages 1-19 and 36-45, again.
katiewhy wrote on 2015-01-09 07:50:18:
Zebra Cricket
Name: Zebra Cricket
Caption: It's said no two Zebra Crickets have the same stripes. However, they all sound the same: loud and annoying.
Kiriati wrote on 2015-01-09 07:23:14:
Battered Book of Fables
Item Name: Battered Book of Fables
Caption: There's something scrawled on the first page. "...you face a deadly consequence..." The rest is too smudged to make out, but what's the worst that could happen?
Fenrir009 wrote on 2015-01-09 00:40:56:
Aged Tome
Caption: Rare knowledge can be found in books like this, but this is a guide to making fried cockatrice.
Miyuzaki wrote on 2015-01-09 01:29:55:
Battered Book of Fables
Caption: It seems to be written by someone named 'Faesop'.
Kasaiku wrote on 2015-01-09 00:43:00:
8104.png
Name: Delta Orchid
Caption: Once eaten, some develop a taste for mathematics.
Knyvern wrote on 2015-01-09 07:44:45:

Name: Mender's Healing Staff
Caption: Sticks and stones may mend your bones.
MidEclipse wrote on 2015-01-09 08:36:58:
8099.png
Tarnished Chain:
It appears these chains have had quite a bit of use. They likely once held something very strong...
Hyacinthus wrote on 2015-01-09 01:15:45:
8105.png
Fragrant Orchid
This flower exudes the sweet smell of success!
Blossomfall wrote on 2015-01-09 01:15:45:
8106.png
Name: Dwarf Fawn
Caption: To the horror of some, these playful critters are a delicacy to Mirror dragons, who often insist that they should not be so fawned over.
Clash wrote on 2015-01-09 00:41:32:
Battered Book of Fables
Draconomicon
This ancient tome is filled with dark rites. And a truly malicious stew recipe on the final page.
scrxpt wrote on 2015-01-09 00:46:46:
8094.png
Caption: At first glance one would think it holds many wise writings, yet when opened there is only a list of times the author has molted.
Kaelryn wrote on 2015-01-09 00:47:00:
8102.png
Caption: Unlike other invertebrates, this slug has spines. Plenty of them.
Hiver wrote on 2015-01-09 00:47:01:
Quote:
Aged Tome
Name Aged Tome
Caption Unlike a fine wine, this book only became musty with age.
Cailas wrote on 2015-01-09 00:51:44:
Aged Tome
Name: Library Bestiary
Caption: It seems a rather disrespectful Wildclaw has inked doodles of themselves all over these pages.
MagicHats wrote on 2015-01-09 00:58:13:
Quote:
Tarnished Chain
Name: Tarnished Chain
Caption: Whoever tried to pass it off as good quality was clearly yanking your chain.
magicalgirlrem wrote on 2015-01-09 01:00:17:
Zebra Cricket
Caption: Much less interesting than zebra football.
lichen wrote on 2015-01-09 08:16:54:
tumblr_nhx3itl7Te1u5xrz9o2_r1_100.png
Caption: Due back at the library about 193 years ago.
Ulquiorra04 wrote on 2015-01-09 08:08:32:
Zebra Cricket
Caption: Masters of camouflage until you get them off the Zeeba.
RabidFlamingo wrote on 2015-01-09 07:24:41:
8102.png
Caption: Reports that this slug can "roll around at the speed of sound" are unfounded, at best.
lychizzle wrote on 2015-01-09 07:27:18:
Quote:
Micro Deer
This was thought to be the smallest in the cervidae family until the nano yearling was discovered.
venvargie wrote on 2015-01-09 02:57:23:
tumblr_nhwop3kTSS1txc3gdo1_100.png
Wildwood Moss
Neither wild nor wood. Certainly is moss though.
And awesome worldbuilding (with some jokes) second (Pages 1-19 and 36-45). [quote name="lychizzle" date="2015-01-09 07:27:18"][quote][item=fragrant orchid] The scent of this flower is so strong that it often causes disorientation in tundras.[/quote] [quote][item=Wildwood Moss] Legend has it that a cloak sewn of this moss will transform into a garment of the finest silks and gems, but it returns to moss at nightfall.[/quote][/quote] [quote name="VagabondSentinel" date="2015-01-09 07:29:34"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8096.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Magi Casting Rod [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Once a powerful tool, this rod is now nothing more than ornament. Still, it's best to keep it away from young or foolish dragons. Who knows what power remains?[/i][/quote] [quote name="Stormcaller" date="2015-01-09 08:09:05"] [item=Songbird Mimic] [b]Item: Songbird Mimic[/b] [b]Caption:[/b] This insect mimics songbirds to attract mates. Unfortunately for it, it also attracts birds. Whoops! [/quote] [quote name="Culex" date="2015-01-09 01:04:21"][item=bluespine slug] Name: Bluespine Slug Caption: Only use pepper on this slug. If you use even a fae's pinch of salt, it will turn into a pile of goo. Gross![/quote] [quote name="Starfog" date="2015-01-09 08:35:09"][Item=Wildwood moss] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood moss [b]Caption:[/b] Almost all herbivorous dragons have tried to eat this once with no care for their older clanmates' warnings about the following stomach-aches.[/quote] [quote name="privateaye" date="2015-01-09 01:11:16"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8095.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Battered Book of Fables It looks well-loved. Either that, or it's hard to open things with claws.[/quote] [quote name="whamm" date="2015-01-09 08:12:35"][quote][item=rusted chain] Name: Rusted Chain The perfect accessory for a Poultrygeist. [/quote][/quote] [quote name="TakaEdakumi" date="2015-01-09 08:13:21"][item=Battered Book of Fables] [b]Battered Book of Fables[/b] This novel has seen many clan wars, through which its pages were filled with legendary stories of failure, triumph and glory.[/quote] [quote name="biqua" date="2015-01-09 08:05:20"][item=Magi Casting Rod] Name: Magi Casting Rod Caption: This staff is warm to the touch, but the crystal is cold and glows an unearthly blue.[/quote] [quote name="Aurumeye" date="2015-01-09 01:27:34"][[item=Delta Orchid] [b]Name:[/b] Delta Orchid [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Serthis use these by the dozens in potions. They don't serve a real purpose, but the color of potions that they produce are much more vibrant.[/i][/quote] [quote name="Akaittou" date="2015-01-09 01:51:17"][item=Delta Orchid] [b]Name: [/b]Vibrant Orchid [b]Caption: [/b][i]Worn only by most stunning of the Serthis, this flower is now yours. Clearly you are a superior specimen.[/i] [item=Fragrant Orchid] [b]Name:[/b] Fragrant Orchid [b]Caption:[/b] [i]This bloom's bouquet more than makes up for its humble looks.[/i][/quote] [quote name="RyoseiHime" date="2015-01-09 01:52:26"][item=aged tome] [b]Name[/b]: Aged Tome [b]Caption[/b]: This ancient tome shows its reader the key to their deepest desires, but the price for such insight is often steep.[/quote] [quote name="Stannum" date="2015-01-09 01:59:32"][item=aged tome] [b]Name:[/b]Tome for the Aged [b]Caption:[/b] A musty volume, bound in faded leather. Only the oldest dragon in your clan will be able to read it; the contents are invisible to other eyes.[/quote] [quote name="Jolinar" date="2015-01-09 02:05:33"][item=aged tome] [b]Name:[/b] Cryptic Text [b]Caption:[/b] Maybe if you held it up to a mirror and read it backwards? No, it still doesn't make any sense. [item=spineback slug] [b]Name:[/b] Spineback Slug [b]Caption:[/b] The spines make excellent acupuncture needles for workaholic dragons looking for relaxation.[/quote] [quote name="WeyrLeader" date="2015-01-09 02:08:17"][item=wildwood moss] [b]Name: [/b]Wildwood Moss [b]Caption:[/b] Lost travelers can orient themselves by finding a tree with Wildwood Moss growing on it. Where the most moss grows is North. [/quote] [quote name="Floe" date="2015-01-09 02:04:59"][item=aged tome] Name: Aged Tome Caption: For centuries, the names of the greatest dragons in all of Sornieth have been recorded in this volume. Will yours be its newest addition?[/quote] [quote name="Judoon" date="2015-01-09 02:19:10"][item=Rusted Chain] [b]Name:[/b] Rusted Chain [b]Caption:[/b] Nocturne Dragons tell tales of how the Moon is actually chained in the Night Sky. Weird Dragons, those Nocturnes. [item=WIldwood Moss] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Moss [b]Caption:[/b] Fae Dragons harvest this moss to act as entry curtains in their lairs. Fae really value their privacy.[/quote] [quote name="Ilium" date="2015-01-09 02:30:17"][item=Delta Orchid] [b]Name:[/b] Delta Orchid [b]Caption:[/b] This elusive flower is the only one that blooms even in the dead of winter. Dragons traditionally give them to their mate as a token of their undying affection. [item=Songbird Mimic] [b]Name:[/b] Songbird Mimic [b]Caption:[/b] Although its song may fool a fae or pearlcatcher into skipping lunch, this tactic is less successful with its other would-be draconic predators.[/quote] [quote name="SptKat" date="2015-01-09 02:28:10"][Item=Battered Book of Fables] [b]Name:[/b] Battered Book of Fables [b]Caption:[/b] Companion to the Decrepit Book of Fables and the Worn Book of Fables. [Item=Aged Tome] [b]Name:[/b] Aged Tome [b]Caption:[/b] Many pages of text have faded to illegibility, but those wishing for reading material can surely find something in here.[/quote] [quote name="Merrypaws" date="2015-01-09 07:51:46"][Item=Fragrant Orchid] [b]Name:[/b] Fragrant Orchid [b]Caption:[/b] Many serthis tribes claim these flowers sprung from the tears of their ancestors.[/quote] [quote name="Zwolfoi" date="2015-01-09 07:36:08"][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8105.png[/img] Name: Fragrant Orchid Caption: When cooked correctly, the beautiful smell becomes rancid. It can then be combined with Greatshells to form the ultimate stink bomb.[/quote] [quote name="Microraptor" date="2015-01-09 07:40:12"][item=battered book of fables] [b]Name: [/b]Maren Day Planner [b]Caption:[/b] Dragon scholars have long wondered what Maren do when they're not fighting dragons. They'll have to keep wondering - the book is too waterlogged to read[/quote] [quote name="Silversea" date="2015-01-09 07:31:48"][quote][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8103.png[/img] [b]Blazethorn Crawler[/b]: Unlike its land-dwelling cousins, it is immune to salt. With its harmless and slow slither, it vows revenge against all dragons. All of them. [/quote][/quote] [quote name="Khyn" date="2015-01-09 00:58:16"] [quote][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8101.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Moss [b]Caption: [/b]Explorers too zealous in their adventures are often advised to use this soft moss as a poultice for their wounds when bandages are in short supply.[/quote][/quote] [quote name="Arsi" date="2015-01-09 00:57:20"][quote] [item=songbird mimic] [b]Name:[/b] Songbird Mimic [b]Caption:[/b] Hatchlings love whistling around this small bug before eating it, due to its amazing ability to copy tunes.[/quote][/quote] [quote name="Metallokinetic" date="2015-01-09 02:57:28"][item=fragrant orchid] Name: (rename) Opheodrys orchid caption: This flower may cause nightmares if eaten in large quantities. [item=delta orchid] Name: (rename) Carmine Orchid Caption: This Orchid gives the eater a pleasent dream, but is often mistaken for the Opheodrys Orchid.[/quote] [quote name="shehero6" date="2015-01-09 00:49:28"][quote][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8102.png[/img] The Bluespine Slug's spines contain a harmless toxin that numbs the mouth and tongue when consumed. Dragons often eat these to help tooth aches.[/quote][/quote]
And awesome worldbuilding (with some jokes) second (Pages 1-19 and 36-45).
lychizzle wrote on 2015-01-09 07:27:18:
Quote:
Fragrant Orchid
The scent of this flower is so strong that it often causes disorientation in tundras.
Quote:
Wildwood Moss
Legend has it that a cloak sewn of this moss will transform into a garment of the finest silks and gems, but it returns to moss at nightfall.
VagabondSentinel wrote on 2015-01-09 07:29:34:
8096.png
Name: Magi Casting Rod
Caption: Once a powerful tool, this rod is now nothing more than ornament. Still, it's best to keep it away from young or foolish dragons. Who knows what power remains?
Stormcaller wrote on 2015-01-09 08:09:05:
Songbird Mimic
Item: Songbird Mimic
Caption: This insect mimics songbirds to attract mates. Unfortunately for it, it also attracts birds. Whoops!
Culex wrote on 2015-01-09 01:04:21:
Bluespine Slug
Caption: Only use pepper on this slug. If you use even a fae's pinch of salt, it will turn into a pile of goo. Gross!
Starfog wrote on 2015-01-09 08:35:09:
Wildwood Moss
Name: Wildwood moss
Caption: Almost all herbivorous dragons have tried to eat this once with no care for their older clanmates' warnings about the following stomach-aches.
privateaye wrote on 2015-01-09 01:11:16:
8095.png
It looks well-loved. Either that, or it's hard to open things with claws.
whamm wrote on 2015-01-09 08:12:35:
Quote:
Rusted Chain
Name: Rusted Chain
The perfect accessory for a Poultrygeist.
TakaEdakumi wrote on 2015-01-09 08:13:21:
Battered Book of Fables
Battered Book of Fables
This novel has seen many clan wars, through which its pages were filled with legendary stories of failure, triumph and glory.
biqua wrote on 2015-01-09 08:05:20:
Magi Casting Rod
Name: Magi Casting Rod
Caption: This staff is warm to the touch, but the crystal is cold and glows an unearthly blue.
Aurumeye wrote on 2015-01-09 01:27:34:
[ Delta Orchid
Caption: Serthis use these by the dozens in potions. They don't serve a real purpose, but the color of potions that they produce are much more vibrant.
Akaittou wrote on 2015-01-09 01:51:17:
Delta Orchid
Name: Vibrant Orchid
Caption: Worn only by most stunning of the Serthis, this flower is now yours. Clearly you are a superior specimen.

Fragrant Orchid
Caption: This bloom's bouquet more than makes up for its humble looks.
RyoseiHime wrote on 2015-01-09 01:52:26:
Aged Tome
Caption: This ancient tome shows its reader the key to their deepest desires, but the price for such insight is often steep.
Stannum wrote on 2015-01-09 01:59:32:
Aged Tome
Name:Tome for the Aged
Caption: A musty volume, bound in faded leather. Only the oldest dragon in your clan will be able to read it; the contents are invisible to other eyes.
Jolinar wrote on 2015-01-09 02:05:33:
Aged Tome
Name: Cryptic Text
Caption: Maybe if you held it up to a mirror and read it backwards? No, it still doesn't make any sense.

Spineback Slug
Caption: The spines make excellent acupuncture needles for workaholic dragons looking for relaxation.
WeyrLeader wrote on 2015-01-09 02:08:17:
Wildwood Moss
Name: Wildwood Moss
Caption: Lost travelers can orient themselves by finding a tree with Wildwood Moss growing on it. Where the most moss grows is North.
Floe wrote on 2015-01-09 02:04:59:
Aged Tome
Caption: For centuries, the names of the greatest dragons in all of Sornieth have been recorded in this volume. Will yours be its newest addition?
Judoon wrote on 2015-01-09 02:19:10:
Rusted Chain
Name: Rusted Chain
Caption: Nocturne Dragons tell tales of how the Moon is actually chained in the Night Sky. Weird Dragons, those Nocturnes.

Wildwood Moss
Caption: Fae Dragons harvest this moss to act as entry curtains in their lairs. Fae really value their privacy.
Ilium wrote on 2015-01-09 02:30:17:
Delta Orchid
Caption: This elusive flower is the only one that blooms even in the dead of winter. Dragons traditionally give them to their mate as a token of their undying affection.

Songbird Mimic
Caption: Although its song may fool a fae or pearlcatcher into skipping lunch, this tactic is less successful with its other would-be draconic predators.
SptKat wrote on 2015-01-09 02:28:10:
Battered Book of Fables
Caption: Companion to the Decrepit Book of Fables and the Worn Book of Fables.

Aged Tome
Caption: Many pages of text have faded to illegibility, but those wishing for reading material can surely find something in here.
Merrypaws wrote on 2015-01-09 07:51:46:
Fragrant Orchid
Caption: Many serthis tribes claim these flowers sprung from the tears of their ancestors.
Zwolfoi wrote on 2015-01-09 07:36:08:
8105.png
Caption: When cooked correctly, the beautiful smell becomes rancid. It can then be combined with Greatshells to form the ultimate stink bomb.
Microraptor wrote on 2015-01-09 07:40:12:
Battered Book of Fables
Name: Maren Day Planner
Caption: Dragon scholars have long wondered what Maren do when they're not fighting dragons. They'll have to keep wondering - the book is too waterlogged to read
Silversea wrote on 2015-01-09 07:31:48:
Quote:
8103.png
Blazethorn Crawler: Unlike its land-dwelling cousins, it is immune to salt. With its harmless and slow slither, it vows revenge against all dragons. All of them.
Khyn wrote on 2015-01-09 00:58:16:
Quote:
8101.png
Caption: Explorers too zealous in their adventures are often advised to use this soft moss as a poultice for their wounds when bandages are in short supply.
Arsi wrote on 2015-01-09 00:57:20:
Quote:
Songbird Mimic
Caption: Hatchlings love whistling around this small bug before eating it, due to its amazing ability to copy tunes.
Metallokinetic wrote on 2015-01-09 02:57:28:
Fragrant Orchid
Name: (rename) Opheodrys orchid
caption: This flower may cause nightmares if eaten in large quantities.

Delta Orchid
Name: (rename) Carmine Orchid
Caption: This Orchid gives the eater a pleasent dream, but is often mistaken for the Opheodrys Orchid.
shehero6 wrote on 2015-01-09 00:49:28:
Quote:
8102.png
The Bluespine Slug's spines contain a harmless toxin that numbs the mouth and tongue when consumed. Dragons often eat these to help tooth aches.
I had a really fun time with this! Still reading through the entries so far, mine ended up on the bottom of page 33. :)
I had a really fun time with this! Still reading through the entries so far, mine ended up on the bottom of page 33. :)
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dawkmko.png
UP
FOR
SALE:
31573410.png?mtime=WNUAZgAASYA.png 31573411.png?mtime=WNUBEgAASeM.png
This contest was worth everything, if only because I could make a star trek reference XD
This contest was worth everything, if only because I could make a star trek reference XD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20