Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Secret Santa 2014 Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Thank you for your comments @LynnStarDragon! I will be adding in the power next year for the elves to judge all the gifts (and the people sending them) on a case-by-case basis, so everyone's situations (whether they're new, how active they can be, etc) will be taken into account. This should prevent hard feelings from occurring next year in most cases, I think, as the elves can vouch for the person sending gifts, or prevent obviously unacceptable ones from going through.
Thank you for your comments @LynnStarDragon! I will be adding in the power next year for the elves to judge all the gifts (and the people sending them) on a case-by-case basis, so everyone's situations (whether they're new, how active they can be, etc) will be taken into account. This should prevent hard feelings from occurring next year in most cases, I think, as the elves can vouch for the person sending gifts, or prevent obviously unacceptable ones from going through.
@SlowMo @FaeWolfling @RoseRaven
@RandomShmoe @clockworkmoose @Blackhearted

Sorry for the delay! I just now expanded my lair so I was able to accept your dragons.
@SlowMo @FaeWolfling @RoseRaven
@RandomShmoe @clockworkmoose @Blackhearted

Sorry for the delay! I just now expanded my lair so I was able to accept your dragons.
plaguebringer_by_spacecoboye-d8q4mmy.png
@Devildove

Another thing that might help--for next year--would be something like 'Gift Support'. It would be a separate sign up like with the Re-matcher but instead of pleading to give out a second round of gifts it's promising to help out other players during the first round.

Like... for example: Someone signed up in November. They get a giftee who wants Circuit or Facet or Tiger scrolls/dragons. Well they just started and they don't have a ton in their lair or much treasure to buy scrolls with.

Now say we have a Vet who's signed up to be 'Gift Support'. November goes to the Vet and asks if they have any dragons with the specified genes for gifting. Vet either does... or can breed dragons with said genes.

{Now for Vet's sanity they don't publicly say what genes they can help with (bad experiences on other sites... if newbies knew you had a rare breed they would PM harass you to breed it for them). Vet PMs you--Devildove--/puts it in their form where only you/the Elves can see it. So when November comes to you asking who can help, you/the Elves can give them the contact for gift support.

Or just nix this part and let 'Gift Support' make it public exactly what they can help with (dragons/genes/breeds/colors, scrolls, familiars, food, etc.). FR seems like a nice place that it wouldn't have any of the problems I've seen on other sites.}

So November gets help with giving a gift their giftee will love and Vet gets to spread the joy of the holidays around. More than that, if Vet is like many of the people I've seen in this SS then Vet will also have help giving away all the stuff they collect/breed specifically for giving because they tend to go overboard when they can..... and then they have 10 or more gift dragons sitting around waiting to be loved.

I hope I explained this idea pretty well. Gift Support would NOT replace Re-matching. Having people drop out does not get fixed by enabling new players to send more elaborate gifts. Gift Support is meant to be in addition to giving and re-matching and to help everyone fully enjoy the spirit of the season.

I don't know how much this will help because this SS isn't broken so it doesn't really need fixing. I just hope this idea.. is more of a tweak so things run more smoothly?

Oh, key thing--Gift Support is open to everyone, Vet and Newbie alike. Why? Well... I like Tundras. My Mate loves Snappers.... Most of the rest of FR does not. Santas could come to us for Tundras/Snappers if they have a giftee who loves either of those two breeds.... We would need to talk to Gift Support if our giftees want any other breeds.

Just an idea. Feel free to ignore my ramblings.
@Devildove

Another thing that might help--for next year--would be something like 'Gift Support'. It would be a separate sign up like with the Re-matcher but instead of pleading to give out a second round of gifts it's promising to help out other players during the first round.

Like... for example: Someone signed up in November. They get a giftee who wants Circuit or Facet or Tiger scrolls/dragons. Well they just started and they don't have a ton in their lair or much treasure to buy scrolls with.

Now say we have a Vet who's signed up to be 'Gift Support'. November goes to the Vet and asks if they have any dragons with the specified genes for gifting. Vet either does... or can breed dragons with said genes.

{Now for Vet's sanity they don't publicly say what genes they can help with (bad experiences on other sites... if newbies knew you had a rare breed they would PM harass you to breed it for them). Vet PMs you--Devildove--/puts it in their form where only you/the Elves can see it. So when November comes to you asking who can help, you/the Elves can give them the contact for gift support.

Or just nix this part and let 'Gift Support' make it public exactly what they can help with (dragons/genes/breeds/colors, scrolls, familiars, food, etc.). FR seems like a nice place that it wouldn't have any of the problems I've seen on other sites.}

So November gets help with giving a gift their giftee will love and Vet gets to spread the joy of the holidays around. More than that, if Vet is like many of the people I've seen in this SS then Vet will also have help giving away all the stuff they collect/breed specifically for giving because they tend to go overboard when they can..... and then they have 10 or more gift dragons sitting around waiting to be loved.

I hope I explained this idea pretty well. Gift Support would NOT replace Re-matching. Having people drop out does not get fixed by enabling new players to send more elaborate gifts. Gift Support is meant to be in addition to giving and re-matching and to help everyone fully enjoy the spirit of the season.

I don't know how much this will help because this SS isn't broken so it doesn't really need fixing. I just hope this idea.. is more of a tweak so things run more smoothly?

Oh, key thing--Gift Support is open to everyone, Vet and Newbie alike. Why? Well... I like Tundras. My Mate loves Snappers.... Most of the rest of FR does not. Santas could come to us for Tundras/Snappers if they have a giftee who loves either of those two breeds.... We would need to talk to Gift Support if our giftees want any other breeds.

Just an idea. Feel free to ignore my ramblings.
U4NqmwX.pngDragons for fest stuff!
Don't ask me why I do what I do, just understand that I do it with a smile.
XXY IMP RAFFLE, XXY SD RAFFLEtumblr_inline_ntexj6LQeA1ranayn_540.png
Oh my ;w; I Just wanted to inquire when I might be recieving my gift? I..I dont want to push its just im so dreadfully curious to know what i got! ;w; I mean i know its only been 10 days since Xmas but .. y-yeah *hides* I feel a little bad for asking..
Oh my ;w; I Just wanted to inquire when I might be recieving my gift? I..I dont want to push its just im so dreadfully curious to know what i got! ;w; I mean i know its only been 10 days since Xmas but .. y-yeah *hides* I feel a little bad for asking..
@Kizmetto

The rematch Santas have till the 14th to get their gift to Devildove. I'm sure yours is hard at work getting your gift ready, and it'll be sent on as soon as they're done. :)
@Kizmetto

The rematch Santas have till the 14th to get their gift to Devildove. I'm sure yours is hard at work getting your gift ready, and it'll be sent on as soon as they're done. :)
@Mackledaddy
Sorry! I was on holidays so couldn't accept the crossroads trade. Could you resend it? Thanks!
@Mackledaddy
Sorry! I was on holidays so couldn't accept the crossroads trade. Could you resend it? Thanks!
e85phk.jpg
@SlowMo

I'm sorry :/ I sent you multiple pings from here regarding your dragon and literally had no choice but to exalt it because I needed space for other things and was quickly running out of food.
@SlowMo

I'm sorry :/ I sent you multiple pings from here regarding your dragon and literally had no choice but to exalt it because I needed space for other things and was quickly running out of food.
plaguebringer_by_spacecoboye-d8q4mmy.png
@Mackledaddy
Oh, ok then. I only recieved one ping but thank you anyway.
@Mackledaddy
Oh, ok then. I only recieved one ping but thank you anyway.
e85phk.jpg
Just pinging @luckyduck in case messages aren't going through.

You seem to have gone inactive and I've got a crossroads still waiting to be accepted by you.
Just pinging @luckyduck in case messages aren't going through.

You seem to have gone inactive and I've got a crossroads still waiting to be accepted by you.
QEoGUUx.png
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74