Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The 411 on all the naming drama
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I mean there was a guy flipping his **** in another thread not long ago about how a whole nest of his dragons got exalted as Intern(insert name here) and how could someone do this to them, it ruined their dragon's offspring list etc.

I'm pretty sure lightning would collectively quit if Intern got banned, but that's literally how Mulch got banned. One user mass exalting with a themed name and someone decided it hurt their feelings. So I can understand people being testy on both ends.
I mean there was a guy flipping his **** in another thread not long ago about how a whole nest of his dragons got exalted as Intern(insert name here) and how could someone do this to them, it ruined their dragon's offspring list etc.

I'm pretty sure lightning would collectively quit if Intern got banned, but that's literally how Mulch got banned. One user mass exalting with a themed name and someone decided it hurt their feelings. So I can understand people being testy on both ends.
@AboveClouds

If you're going to wait for an admin to actually do something about this, you're probably going to have to wait a while.
@AboveClouds

If you're going to wait for an admin to actually do something about this, you're probably going to have to wait a while.
v668sYB.pngXybOng5.gif
i forget to check forums after i've posted, please ping me so i see replies >.<
Certain names should be banned. It's very obvious what should be banned. Things that are kind of on the edge, it's safer to just ban them than fight about it. Offensive thing, things implying death, those kind of things are okay to be banned.

Mulch being banned is just about the stupidest thing. Mulch is not something that should be banned. Intern isn't something that should be banned.

Things like "Hitler" and "f**" and other slurs or generally bullcrap things like that should be banned.

I really don't get the whole fiasco about it. Be a decent person, don't intentionally offend someone, and don't be a *** about it. The rest should be self explanatory. Unless it's actually a slur or something offensive, and someone names the dragon you SOLD to them something that you don't like, suck it up and start naming your hatchlings and get over it.
Certain names should be banned. It's very obvious what should be banned. Things that are kind of on the edge, it's safer to just ban them than fight about it. Offensive thing, things implying death, those kind of things are okay to be banned.

Mulch being banned is just about the stupidest thing. Mulch is not something that should be banned. Intern isn't something that should be banned.

Things like "Hitler" and "f**" and other slurs or generally bullcrap things like that should be banned.

I really don't get the whole fiasco about it. Be a decent person, don't intentionally offend someone, and don't be a *** about it. The rest should be self explanatory. Unless it's actually a slur or something offensive, and someone names the dragon you SOLD to them something that you don't like, suck it up and start naming your hatchlings and get over it.
Look, if you're selling a hatchling for 10k or lower during a huge dom push, its MOST LIKELY gonna be used as fodder. With that knowledge, NAME BEFORE YOU SELL THEM. Or, better yet, save them for your own dom battle and enter them in something like a raffle or whatever. Seriously, there are so many solutions to this problem. Of course slurs and all of that (It's late, I dont feel like typing out everything) should be banned, names with slurs in them (like aforementioned 'LiteralHitler') should have something to detect that and ban it.

Idk about you guys but are there actual warnings when you do have a death or whatnot related name? (I'm actually concerned because I've heard of only bannings with no warnings and I have a dragon named Deathtome, it's supposed to be Death Tome but it looks like Deathtome and I'm gonna rename him but I haven't gotten a rename scroll since I heard about this and I'm scared I'mma get the banhammer...)
Look, if you're selling a hatchling for 10k or lower during a huge dom push, its MOST LIKELY gonna be used as fodder. With that knowledge, NAME BEFORE YOU SELL THEM. Or, better yet, save them for your own dom battle and enter them in something like a raffle or whatever. Seriously, there are so many solutions to this problem. Of course slurs and all of that (It's late, I dont feel like typing out everything) should be banned, names with slurs in them (like aforementioned 'LiteralHitler') should have something to detect that and ban it.

Idk about you guys but are there actual warnings when you do have a death or whatnot related name? (I'm actually concerned because I've heard of only bannings with no warnings and I have a dragon named Deathtome, it's supposed to be Death Tome but it looks like Deathtome and I'm gonna rename him but I haven't gotten a rename scroll since I heard about this and I'm scared I'mma get the banhammer...)
[quote name="Charaquan" date="2014-09-29 15:47:56"] 4)They're not in the rules 5)Mods/admins refuse to give clear rules on naming policy. X and U flatl out contradicted each other. [/quote] Sounds like real life is invading our game. At least it's 2 different people contradicting each other, not the same person contradicting his/herself.
Charaquan wrote on 2014-09-29 15:47:56:

4)They're not in the rules

5)Mods/admins refuse to give clear rules on naming policy. X and U flatl out contradicted each other.

Sounds like real life is invading our game. At least it's 2 different people contradicting each other, not the same person contradicting his/herself.
lSyxazy.png
5vnsOgE.png
Bv4nfib.png
fdUVIfW.pngoptH9Kd.png gg8Ii1Q.png
zl1ZGZ2.png 2VtxnMX.png 3Atxu83.png xXVzXvp.png RI1dQsH.png Pgv53XB.png hT8tqqJ.png NlmYDAS.png ANZRVK7.png jxjhtnM.png J8QoPxT.png F10c885.png kHBaXec.png
mYEe9VI.png
[quote name="Lightscales" date="2014-09-29 22:46:00"]Certain names should be banned. It's very obvious what should be banned. Things that are kind of on the edge, it's safer to just ban them than fight about it. Offensive thing, things implying death, those kind of things are okay to be banned. Mulch being banned is just about the stupidest thing. Mulch is not something that should be banned. Intern isn't something that should be banned. Things like "Hitler" and "f**" and other slurs or generally bullcrap things like that should be banned. I really don't get the whole fiasco about it. Be a decent person, don't intentionally offend someone, and don't be a ass about it. The rest should be self explanatory. Unless it's actually a slur or something offensive, and someone names the dragon you SOLD to them something that you don't like, suck it up and start naming your hatchlings and get over it.[/quote] @Lightscales: It's kinda not obvious though? See all the comments about American English/Reigonal American English/Generational Reigonal American English confusing the hell out of everyone.
Lightscales wrote on 2014-09-29 22:46:00:

@Lightscales: It's kinda not obvious though? See all the comments about American English/Reigonal American English/Generational Reigonal American English confusing the hell out of everyone.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
I want them to just take away the naming option upon exalt so people will shut up tbh.
I want them to just take away the naming option upon exalt so people will shut up tbh.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
[quote name="rainexsage" date="2014-09-29 21:07:33"]I mean there was a guy flipping his shit in another thread not long ago about how a whole nest of his dragons got exalted as Intern(insert name here) and how could someone do this to them, it ruined their dragon's offspring list etc. I'm pretty sure lightning would collectively quit if Intern got banned, but that's literally how Mulch got banned. One user mass exalting with a themed name and someone decided it hurt their feelings. So I can understand people being testy on both ends.[/quote] I know a lot of people use specific exalt names for all of their exalt dragons to keep track of how many they are exalting so they can record them later for raffles or for personal reference, since we lack a function that tells us how many dragons we exalt.
rainexsage wrote on 2014-09-29 21:07:33:

I know a lot of people use specific exalt names for all of their exalt dragons to keep track of how many they are exalting so they can record them later for raffles or for personal reference, since we lack a function that tells us how many dragons we exalt.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
@rainexsage

As a lightning member I can say I wouldn't quit if Intern or Internxname were banned.

Also Mulch was banned not because it was a theme name but because it was used to circumvent the naming filter because Fertilizer was banned which upset people because it implied their dragons were either dead (rotting flesh = fertilizer) or literal poop. And afaik Fertilizer was used because the user in question was angry about Unloved being banned etc.

That said I'm not going to return to this thread because it's causing more harm than helping.

Edit: Spelling
@rainexsage

As a lightning member I can say I wouldn't quit if Intern or Internxname were banned.

Also Mulch was banned not because it was a theme name but because it was used to circumvent the naming filter because Fertilizer was banned which upset people because it implied their dragons were either dead (rotting flesh = fertilizer) or literal poop. And afaik Fertilizer was used because the user in question was angry about Unloved being banned etc.

That said I'm not going to return to this thread because it's causing more harm than helping.

Edit: Spelling
tumblr_ngrmnjlNu11shujpio1_500.png
What gets me is that death related names are banned, but we have death related skin submissions in the riot of rot. The admins really need to be consistent.
What gets me is that death related names are banned, but we have death related skin submissions in the riot of rot. The admins really need to be consistent.
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7