Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So, the Imp lore
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Welp, the whole "horrifying abomination if we let too many dead Imps pile up" thing must be why they move their dead and dying so far away from each other.
Welp, the whole "horrifying abomination if we let too many dead Imps pile up" thing must be why they move their dead and dying so far away from each other.
[quote name="Melete" date="2014-07-03 22:03:08"]Welp, the whole "horrifying abomination if we let too many dead Imps pile up" thing must be why they move their dead and dying so far away from each other.[/quote] Wow, that's...a really amazing point. I hadn't thought of that. Also, the aberration thing - super creepy. It must suck to know that your body might be capable of turning into something that horrifying after death.
Melete wrote on 2014-07-03 22:03:08:

Wow, that's...a really amazing point. I hadn't thought of that.

Also, the aberration thing - super creepy. It must suck to know that your body might be capable of turning into something that horrifying after death.
Oh dear, new lore. And it's really interesting too... oops, now it seems I have too many ideas :P Oh well.

Since imperials are so naturally cautious with their dead and dying, it seems pretty obvious that the disposal of bodies would be of pretty high importance in their culture. A lot of rituals and traditions surrounding it would probably exist, but different flights would handle it in different ways. I guess cremation would be a popular choice, seeing as emperors can't be made of ash (hopefully) and its relatively easy to access. Most dragons would probably like the idea that there is no chance of danger, and it is a fairly tame way to go. It gets more interesting, though, when you consider that some flights' traditions and beliefs play a part in how they might go about a more ritualistic style of disposal. 

Fire flight, as someone said earlier, might just chuck 'em into the lava pits. Maybe an fire imp, knowing its fate, would fly above an active volcano and plunge in. Perhaps plauge imps might handle it in a similar way? Diving into festering pools of disease doesn't tend to leave much behind, after all. Plauge imperials are even more fascinating when you consider how focused they are on survival through strength and adaptation. They would be disgusted by the idea of something that powerful simply walking around when it's already dead. Kind of mocking a whole culture who prides themselves on fighting for the right to live.

My water clan, personally, has always handled death in one way; weighting the corpses down and sinking them into the trench. Realizing now what kind of monstrosities may have piled up there... oops. Guess that might be a problem in the future :-/

Anyway, I'm just really excited thinking about all the ways this might affect the different elements' views on imperials. It certainly changed mine! I always saw them as the typical '~I'm a superior highblood dragon who is so rare and special~' kind of breed. I like having this new, nicely morbid insight to add to them :D Does anybody else have some ideas about some of the other flights' traditions? I'm tired and only thought out those already obvious ones, though I'm sure there are a lot of better ideas out there :')

I only realized this after I typed this up, but I only have 1 imp. Whew.
Oh dear, new lore. And it's really interesting too... oops, now it seems I have too many ideas :P Oh well.

Since imperials are so naturally cautious with their dead and dying, it seems pretty obvious that the disposal of bodies would be of pretty high importance in their culture. A lot of rituals and traditions surrounding it would probably exist, but different flights would handle it in different ways. I guess cremation would be a popular choice, seeing as emperors can't be made of ash (hopefully) and its relatively easy to access. Most dragons would probably like the idea that there is no chance of danger, and it is a fairly tame way to go. It gets more interesting, though, when you consider that some flights' traditions and beliefs play a part in how they might go about a more ritualistic style of disposal. 

Fire flight, as someone said earlier, might just chuck 'em into the lava pits. Maybe an fire imp, knowing its fate, would fly above an active volcano and plunge in. Perhaps plauge imps might handle it in a similar way? Diving into festering pools of disease doesn't tend to leave much behind, after all. Plauge imperials are even more fascinating when you consider how focused they are on survival through strength and adaptation. They would be disgusted by the idea of something that powerful simply walking around when it's already dead. Kind of mocking a whole culture who prides themselves on fighting for the right to live.

My water clan, personally, has always handled death in one way; weighting the corpses down and sinking them into the trench. Realizing now what kind of monstrosities may have piled up there... oops. Guess that might be a problem in the future :-/

Anyway, I'm just really excited thinking about all the ways this might affect the different elements' views on imperials. It certainly changed mine! I always saw them as the typical '~I'm a superior highblood dragon who is so rare and special~' kind of breed. I like having this new, nicely morbid insight to add to them :D Does anybody else have some ideas about some of the other flights' traditions? I'm tired and only thought out those already obvious ones, though I'm sure there are a lot of better ideas out there :')

I only realized this after I typed this up, but I only have 1 imp. Whew.
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
I have a headcanon that many clans (or the at least the sane clans) absolutely forbid Imps from fighting Emperors, and instead task them with guarding nests and hatchlings, moving them far away if necessary, while the others fight. I mean, why would they want to bring in dragons that are at risk of getting absorbed and making this thing even stronger?
I have a headcanon that many clans (or the at least the sane clans) absolutely forbid Imps from fighting Emperors, and instead task them with guarding nests and hatchlings, moving them far away if necessary, while the others fight. I mean, why would they want to bring in dragons that are at risk of getting absorbed and making this thing even stronger?
[quote name="Tess" date="2014-07-03 22:33:11"][quote name="Melete" date="2014-07-03 22:03:08"]Welp, the whole "horrifying abomination if we let too many dead Imps pile up" thing must be why they move their dead and dying so far away from each other.[/quote] Wow, that's...a really amazing point. I hadn't thought of that. Also, the aberration thing - super creepy. It must suck to know that your body might be capable of turning into something that horrifying after death.[/quote] So if the dead and the dying need to be separate, that means that the emperor transformation happens when an imperial dies? So if there are a lot of already dead imperial bodies together there's no danger (so once the separated imperial is dead for good they can be moved next to the others?) unless another imperial goes and dies next to them? Like the dying dragon's remaining energy is transferred somehow? [s]Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious[/s]
Tess wrote on 2014-07-03 22:33:11:
Melete wrote on 2014-07-03 22:03:08:

Wow, that's...a really amazing point. I hadn't thought of that.

Also, the aberration thing - super creepy. It must suck to know that your body might be capable of turning into something that horrifying after death.

So if the dead and the dying need to be separate, that means that the emperor transformation happens when an imperial dies? So if there are a lot of already dead imperial bodies together there's no danger (so once the separated imperial is dead for good they can be moved next to the others?) unless another imperial goes and dies next to them? Like the dying dragon's remaining energy is transferred somehow? Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious
sIaDdlY.png
@Druddigon

I haven't gotten around to thinking about how my clan goes about taking care of its dead, but you inspired me! My clan is Arcane, so someone would probably want to examine the body before the real death ceremony begins... Maybe they use magic to dissolve the body into pure magical essence, which gets absorbed into the surrounding area? And since it wouldn't leave a body, it would work for Imps as well, meaning it's perfectly ok for me to have more than three imps!
@Druddigon

I haven't gotten around to thinking about how my clan goes about taking care of its dead, but you inspired me! My clan is Arcane, so someone would probably want to examine the body before the real death ceremony begins... Maybe they use magic to dissolve the body into pure magical essence, which gets absorbed into the surrounding area? And since it wouldn't leave a body, it would work for Imps as well, meaning it's perfectly ok for me to have more than three imps!
ho5M9.gif2IGO4.gifobKSC.gif
Oh yes the lore! I love them all the more now! They were my first crush when I joined
Oh yes the lore! I love them all the more now! They were my first crush when I joined
tumblr_inline_njviwo2B9Z1qg2i5p.png
@LeahR95

Headcanon accepted! ^ ^ It would make sense that Arcane dragons were dissolved/dissolve into pure magic... after all, Arcanist said (at least nondirectly) that Arcane dragons are magic.
@LeahR95

Headcanon accepted! ^ ^ It would make sense that Arcane dragons were dissolved/dissolve into pure magic... after all, Arcanist said (at least nondirectly) that Arcane dragons are magic.
hWsjkHE.png
@Druddigon Well Earth dragons bring most likely their dead and dying comrades to the Cairnestone Rest, but then I read the lore again: [quote]Once an ancient burial ground, the Cairnstone Rest possesses the richest gem deposits in Dragonhome. Prospectors take care to avoid the imposing obelisks and standing stones, heeding well the warnings left for tomb robbers; however, in the digging of mines and expanding lairs, accidents can happen, [b]and more than one clan has been driven from the area by skeletal wyrms. [/b]Creatures and dragons have been drawn to the battleground, calling for more to take arms either to defend their living and dead kin, or cull the intruders before too much harm is done.[/quote] Well OOPS SKELETAL IMPS MY BAD
@Druddigon
Well Earth dragons bring most likely their dead and dying comrades to the Cairnestone Rest, but then I read the lore again:
Quote:
Once an ancient burial ground, the Cairnstone Rest possesses the richest gem deposits in Dragonhome. Prospectors take care to avoid the imposing obelisks and standing stones, heeding well the warnings left for tomb robbers; however, in the digging of mines and expanding lairs, accidents can happen, and more than one clan has been driven from the area by skeletal wyrms. Creatures and dragons have been drawn to the battleground, calling for more to take arms either to defend their living and dead kin, or cull the intruders before too much harm is done.

Well OOPS SKELETAL IMPS MY BAD
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
Partway through reading the rest of the thread but wow imagine an event where an Emperor DOES emerge and we get to see the Deities in action *gets starry eyes*

Imagine Lightweaver feeling super guilty about her (I'm assuming) unconscious creation and trying to take responsibility for them hhhhhhhh.
Partway through reading the rest of the thread but wow imagine an event where an Emperor DOES emerge and we get to see the Deities in action *gets starry eyes*

Imagine Lightweaver feeling super guilty about her (I'm assuming) unconscious creation and trying to take responsibility for them hhhhhhhh.
Tnhnf9i.png .. any pronoun | FR time +15/16
secretly always online
a1rYPJ5.png
#KulayRosasAngBukas
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15