Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Second choice flights - a survey
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65
This might seem like an odd topic, but as a curious stats nerd I wonder if there's any strong correlations here. It would be interesting if, for instance, an abnormally high percentage of Icicles say they also considered Earth (or any combination; I just randomly picked one).

So! What is your current flight, and what is/was your second choice?

I am in Ice and my second choice is Lightning, or maaaaaybe Light.

»»»RESULTS SO FAR«««
Current up to page 40

I am continuing to update this spreadsheet every few pages.

Last update: 15:34 July 12th.

The row indicates a person's current flight, and the column indicates their runner-up flight.

Some notes:
  • Even if you used to be in a different flight, I'm organizing this spreadsheet by current flight. It may not have been your first choice chronologically, but it is your first choice in the sense that right now it is your most preferred flight. The only exception is when people say they are going to be moving ASAP; in that case I use the flight they are moving to as their "first choice"/most preferred flight.
  • When people indicate that their opinion now is different than when they first joined, I record their current opinion.
  • I am mostly only recording second-choice flights, not third or lower. If a person lists two second choice flights and doesn't indicate preference/ranking between them, I'll count both of them, but if someone is equally torn between three or more flights, I just skip that response. It's not ideal but there's really no other way to deal with indecisive responses.
  • If I eventually get enough reponses I might do some fancy stuff like normalizing the data by average flight popularity (that's what the B and C columns are for) but because there are so many potential flight combinations it would take a LOT of responses to have a sample size that makes this worthwhile.
This might seem like an odd topic, but as a curious stats nerd I wonder if there's any strong correlations here. It would be interesting if, for instance, an abnormally high percentage of Icicles say they also considered Earth (or any combination; I just randomly picked one).

So! What is your current flight, and what is/was your second choice?

I am in Ice and my second choice is Lightning, or maaaaaybe Light.

»»»RESULTS SO FAR«««
Current up to page 40

I am continuing to update this spreadsheet every few pages.

Last update: 15:34 July 12th.

The row indicates a person's current flight, and the column indicates their runner-up flight.

Some notes:
  • Even if you used to be in a different flight, I'm organizing this spreadsheet by current flight. It may not have been your first choice chronologically, but it is your first choice in the sense that right now it is your most preferred flight. The only exception is when people say they are going to be moving ASAP; in that case I use the flight they are moving to as their "first choice"/most preferred flight.
  • When people indicate that their opinion now is different than when they first joined, I record their current opinion.
  • I am mostly only recording second-choice flights, not third or lower. If a person lists two second choice flights and doesn't indicate preference/ranking between them, I'll count both of them, but if someone is equally torn between three or more flights, I just skip that response. It's not ideal but there's really no other way to deal with indecisive responses.
  • If I eventually get enough reponses I might do some fancy stuff like normalizing the data by average flight popularity (that's what the B and C columns are for) but because there are so many potential flight combinations it would take a LOT of responses to have a sample size that makes this worthwhile.
I'm Wind. I considered Nature and Light when I joined.
I'm Wind. I considered Nature and Light when I joined.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
I'm in Ice.
And I honestly can't decide on what my second choice would be, but I really do like Earth's lore and the brown eyes. (I have brown eyes myself!)

Fire/Light/Wind/Water were also high considerations.
Arcane/Shadow/Nature/Lightning were kinda choices.
Plague was nope even though I love seeing other people play with that lore the most! XD
I'm in Ice.
And I honestly can't decide on what my second choice would be, but I really do like Earth's lore and the brown eyes. (I have brown eyes myself!)

Fire/Light/Wind/Water were also high considerations.
Arcane/Shadow/Nature/Lightning were kinda choices.
Plague was nope even though I love seeing other people play with that lore the most! XD
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
I'm Wind, and I honestly don't really fit with any of the others as well as with Wind. Wind is 100% my element in every way. But if I had to choose… Light.
I'm Wind, and I honestly don't really fit with any of the others as well as with Wind. Wind is 100% my element in every way. But if I had to choose… Light.
forsale_m.png294208.png4709816.png5175571.png5175570.png5175569.png
I'm Fire, and I impulse joined Arcane. I think if I really sat down and thought, Lightning/Wind would be my second picks.
I'm Fire, and I impulse joined Arcane. I think if I really sat down and thought, Lightning/Wind would be my second picks.
I'm in Light. My second choice was Lightning.
I also had considered Ice (3rd choice) and Shadow (4th choice).
I'm in Light. My second choice was Lightning.
I also had considered Ice (3rd choice) and Shadow (4th choice).
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
Im in Nature... Considered Arcane for my personality back in the day, but after playing a bit, probably wind or light as a second choice..
Im in Nature... Considered Arcane for my personality back in the day, but after playing a bit, probably wind or light as a second choice..
I'm Ice, but my second choices were fire and plague (Arcane a little bit THEN, but now not so much).
I'm Ice, but my second choices were fire and plague (Arcane a little bit THEN, but now not so much).
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
I'm Water. There wasn't a second choice for me.

However, if I were to change, I would probably pick Light. The Lore doesn't interest me at all and the aesthetics aren't me, but the eye colour matches many more of my breeding projects than Water's.
I'm Water. There wasn't a second choice for me.

However, if I were to change, I would probably pick Light. The Lore doesn't interest me at all and the aesthetics aren't me, but the eye colour matches many more of my breeding projects than Water's.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Well, I was Wind and changed to Earth, so that was my second goal. I've got no other flights in mind really.
Well, I was Wind and changed to Earth, so that was my second goal. I've got no other flights in mind really.
signaturething.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65