Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Auction House Mispost Lost-and-Found!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 832 833
Mispriced an item or dragon? Bought an item or dragon you think might be mispriced?

Here's a voluntary public thread to post about it.

If you sold too cheaply or sold the wrong item/dragon, feel free to post here. Be polite. Remember the person who bought your item may not know it was an error, may not be reading the thread at all, may have already sold or given it away, or for that matter not believe in giving back wayward items. Nothing is guaranteed. But by creating this thread I'm hoping to make a central location where the buyers can at least find mispost reports when they want to.

If you bought an item or dragon too cheaply, want to give it back, and don't remember the seller's name, be cautious: anyone could claim to be the seller. With regards to dragons, you can always try the person holding the parents of a hatchling.

Items, it's harder, so do your best to write down what you remember without giving away the identity of the item. So, for example, a good way to do this might be:
  • Name the item type (apparel, familiar, skins, ?)
  • Mention the price you purchased it at, and what kind of error you think might have taken place.
  • Mention the time of day that you purchased it.
  • Ask the seller to come forth with the identity of their item if they did indeed misprice it.

If you don't believe in giving back wayward items, that's okay! Participation is voluntary! But if you choose not to participate, please don't be rude to people who do.

Finally, I will suggest a "middle path" for people who have bought an item that they really do want to keep, who also wish to be fair and generous, and see the item posted here: offer a compensatory trade such as an item you have spares of, or a hatchie reserve. I've done this more than once and actually made friends that way!

If you've mis-sold an item or dragon, feel free to indicate if you'd be open to a compensatory trade.
Mispriced an item or dragon? Bought an item or dragon you think might be mispriced?

Here's a voluntary public thread to post about it.

If you sold too cheaply or sold the wrong item/dragon, feel free to post here. Be polite. Remember the person who bought your item may not know it was an error, may not be reading the thread at all, may have already sold or given it away, or for that matter not believe in giving back wayward items. Nothing is guaranteed. But by creating this thread I'm hoping to make a central location where the buyers can at least find mispost reports when they want to.

If you bought an item or dragon too cheaply, want to give it back, and don't remember the seller's name, be cautious: anyone could claim to be the seller. With regards to dragons, you can always try the person holding the parents of a hatchling.

Items, it's harder, so do your best to write down what you remember without giving away the identity of the item. So, for example, a good way to do this might be:
  • Name the item type (apparel, familiar, skins, ?)
  • Mention the price you purchased it at, and what kind of error you think might have taken place.
  • Mention the time of day that you purchased it.
  • Ask the seller to come forth with the identity of their item if they did indeed misprice it.

If you don't believe in giving back wayward items, that's okay! Participation is voluntary! But if you choose not to participate, please don't be rude to people who do.

Finally, I will suggest a "middle path" for people who have bought an item that they really do want to keep, who also wish to be fair and generous, and see the item posted here: offer a compensatory trade such as an item you have spares of, or a hatchie reserve. I've done this more than once and actually made friends that way!

If you've mis-sold an item or dragon, feel free to indicate if you'd be open to a compensatory trade.
Some personal history and why I'm doing this. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=211965] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2120/211965_350.png[/img] [/url] See that lovely Plaguesome lady with her kickass evil monocle? She was the first dragon I ever gened myself, and eventually led my clan to the Plaguebringer's lands. She was iri/shimmer when I got her, and I added the gembond. This was back when I was a newbie, and very broke. So when I saw a gembond scroll posted for 100k, I snapped it up and gened my favorite new dragon! I didn't really have a sense for the Auction House then and so I didn't realize it was probably a mispost until later; never noticed the seller's name. So I'm totally sympathetic to people who buy misposted items and don't realize it. Since I can't pay it back, I've tried to pay it forward. In this game I mostly earn money off flipping items (buying them for low prices and selling at higher prices.) This takes patience, but I've made a lot of money this way. But part of what I do in the process is that when I see an obvious mispost, I try to give the seller a chance to claim it back. I rarely [i]assume[/i], because I've been surprised before. Here are some things that have happened to me: [LIST] [*]Twice, I've found KS items posted well below going rate and been told it was intentional by the seller when I asked. [*]Several times, I've contacted a seller and been told "oh, I didn't mean to do that, but it's my mistake, you bought the item fair and square!" In those cases, I usually try to offer them something I can spare, like a hatchie or an item that I have in duplicate, so neither of us walks away disappointed. [*]I've been sent a wonderful familiar as a thank-you gift for sending back an item. I don't even remember what the item was now, but the familiar was worth as much or more! [*]I've met people I share obscure spiritualities and fandoms with, who I wouldn't have otherwise spoken to. [/LIST] So yes, being generous has its benefits too. ^_^ Is it required? No... but you'll find that it's a good way to build trust and win hearts and customers.
Some personal history and why I'm doing this.

211965_350.png

See that lovely Plaguesome lady with her kickass evil monocle? She was the first dragon I ever gened myself, and eventually led my clan to the Plaguebringer's lands. She was iri/shimmer when I got her, and I added the gembond.

This was back when I was a newbie, and very broke. So when I saw a gembond scroll posted for 100k, I snapped it up and gened my favorite new dragon! I didn't really have a sense for the Auction House then and so I didn't realize it was probably a mispost until later; never noticed the seller's name. So I'm totally sympathetic to people who buy misposted items and don't realize it.

Since I can't pay it back, I've tried to pay it forward.

In this game I mostly earn money off flipping items (buying them for low prices and selling at higher prices.) This takes patience, but I've made a lot of money this way. But part of what I do in the process is that when I see an obvious mispost, I try to give the seller a chance to claim it back. I rarely assume, because I've been surprised before. Here are some things that have happened to me:
  • Twice, I've found KS items posted well below going rate and been told it was intentional by the seller when I asked.
  • Several times, I've contacted a seller and been told "oh, I didn't mean to do that, but it's my mistake, you bought the item fair and square!" In those cases, I usually try to offer them something I can spare, like a hatchie or an item that I have in duplicate, so neither of us walks away disappointed.
  • I've been sent a wonderful familiar as a thank-you gift for sending back an item. I don't even remember what the item was now, but the familiar was worth as much or more!
  • I've met people I share obscure spiritualities and fandoms with, who I wouldn't have otherwise spoken to.

So yes, being generous has its benefits too. ^_^ Is it required? No... but you'll find that it's a good way to build trust and win hearts and customers.
@Amberite; perhaps a screenshot of 'your item/dragon sold on the AH' from the seller's side to prove they are the rightful seller might help! =3 Awesome thread by the way c: I'll keep an eye out for any misprices items from now on
@Amberite; perhaps a screenshot of 'your item/dragon sold on the AH' from the seller's side to prove they are the rightful seller might help! =3 Awesome thread by the way c: I'll keep an eye out for any misprices items from now on
@Amberite an even more detailed suggestion would be to ask sellers claiming a bought mispriced item is theirs... is to ask if they can post a screenshot of their "history" tab under "activity" in the Auction House. it will have a picture of the dragon/item + when it was sold + how much it was sold for. Very good proof as well as a screenshot of the message saying their item sold.
@Amberite an even more detailed suggestion would be to ask sellers claiming a bought mispriced item is theirs... is to ask if they can post a screenshot of their "history" tab under "activity" in the Auction House. it will have a picture of the dragon/item + when it was sold + how much it was sold for. Very good proof as well as a screenshot of the message saying their item sold.
196.png
abril
she / her

wishlist
5.png

6.png
The above suggestions will only work if the seller hasn't had six transactions (counted by the AHas bbought, sold or expired items) since the misposted item sold. It's a useful idea to take a screenshot when possible, but for anyone doing a lot of business it might not be practical.
The above suggestions will only work if the seller hasn't had six transactions (counted by the AHas bbought, sold or expired items) since the misposted item sold. It's a useful idea to take a screenshot when possible, but for anyone doing a lot of business it might not be practical.
Bump
Bump
I sold a stack of Darktide Jellyfish. It was meant to be for 3,500T but I missed out a zero and put it up for 350T. [item=Darktide Jellyfish]
I sold a stack of Darktide Jellyfish. It was meant to be for 3,500T but I missed out a zero and put it up for 350T.

Darktide Jellyfish
Please ping me as Inskora, not Inksora.
I sold Hati the familiar for 249 T instead of gems - I know thats totally my fault and at least I salvaged skoll before he sold as well but if you don't mind giving him back then thats fine :)
I sold Hati the familiar for 249 T instead of gems - I know thats totally my fault and at least I salvaged skoll before he sold as well but if you don't mind giving him back then thats fine :)
Forum-signature.png
@Amberite
You can actually see notifications that are older than "last 6"! Click the "See All Alerts" link under your notifications and be surprised (and slightly horrified xD).

Good thread idea tho! It's nice to have one for this specific thing, especially since the AH bug with Gems mispricing to Treasure seems to still not have been removed.
@Amberite
You can actually see notifications that are older than "last 6"! Click the "See All Alerts" link under your notifications and be surprised (and slightly horrified xD).

Good thread idea tho! It's nice to have one for this specific thing, especially since the AH bug with Gems mispricing to Treasure seems to still not have been removed.
9sPoCQG.png
An awesome idea! If I ever see a mispriced item/familiar/dragon I'd most likely buy it so that I can give it back to the seller - I guess I kind of expect the same from anyone else? When I started selling things for gems I stupidly put it under Treasure for the first few times - most of the time I managed to notice and cancelled the auctions, but a couple of times people bought them but they've been generous when I PM'd them. It upset me a bit but it was probably my mistake! It was during the big dom push so I don't expect people to keep track of the prices anyway, I guess.
An awesome idea! If I ever see a mispriced item/familiar/dragon I'd most likely buy it so that I can give it back to the seller - I guess I kind of expect the same from anyone else? When I started selling things for gems I stupidly put it under Treasure for the first few times - most of the time I managed to notice and cancelled the auctions, but a couple of times people bought them but they've been generous when I PM'd them. It upset me a bit but it was probably my mistake! It was during the big dom push so I don't expect people to keep track of the prices anyway, I guess.
h4uz0mr.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 832 833