Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] CYOA - Operation Internship!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36 37
[b]Username:[/b] myriadofstars [b]User ID:[/b] 434197 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Eirostle [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52519136][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/525192/52519136_350.png[/img][/url] Eirostle is a Light Demon who fell in love with a dragon and decided to remain and defend her clan from any supernatural attack. He is a playful jokester whose pranks sometimes go a bit too far, but never cause any real harm. The clan’s Guard Captain sent him to the Internship in an attempt to teach him some responsibility. Unfortunately for him, his mate Dahaki and roommate Tosagri’s both agreed. Still, Eirostle is determined to get the most out of the experience – starting with the [b]Division of Labor and Experimentation[/b]. [center]– – – – –[/center] Eirostle grins at the Spiral. “The name’s Eirostle,” he says. “Emergency contact is my mate Dahaki, or my roommate Tosagri. No restrictions or mobility affectations. I obey the laws of gravity – when I want to. As for my danger response?” He shrugs. “Does snark count as a response? No? Fine, then, I suppose fight’ll do.” He spirals his way over to the hard hats and picks out the most garish one, quickly gluing on random lights and shiny things. His Sundial Gem Guardian backs up upon being eyed by a demon with glue. Finally, he dusts the entire thing with glitter and wraps his ID card around the thing. “Thank you for your patience,” he snarks to the Ridgeback. He grins as he’s fought over by the engineer and scientist. “Hmm, who sha’ll I choose?” he asks his familiar. The Gem Guardian chirps at the scientist. Eirostle shrugs. “Eh, fair enough. Alright!” he tells the Bogsneak. “Let’s do SCIENCE!”
Username: myriadofstars
User ID: 434197
Dragon Name: Eirostle
Dragon Picture: 52519136_350.png

Eirostle is a Light Demon who fell in love with a dragon and decided to remain and defend her clan from any supernatural attack. He is a playful jokester whose pranks sometimes go a bit too far, but never cause any real harm. The clan’s Guard Captain sent him to the Internship in an attempt to teach him some responsibility. Unfortunately for him, his mate Dahaki and roommate Tosagri’s both agreed. Still, Eirostle is determined to get the most out of the experience – starting with the Division of Labor and Experimentation.

– – – – –

Eirostle grins at the Spiral. “The name’s Eirostle,” he says. “Emergency contact is my mate Dahaki, or my roommate Tosagri. No restrictions or mobility affectations. I obey the laws of gravity – when I want to. As for my danger response?” He shrugs. “Does snark count as a response? No? Fine, then, I suppose fight’ll do.”

He spirals his way over to the hard hats and picks out the most garish one, quickly gluing on random lights and shiny things. His Sundial Gem Guardian backs up upon being eyed by a demon with glue. Finally, he dusts the entire thing with glitter and wraps his ID card around the thing.

“Thank you for your patience,” he snarks to the Ridgeback.

He grins as he’s fought over by the engineer and scientist. “Hmm, who sha’ll I choose?” he asks his familiar. The Gem Guardian chirps at the scientist. Eirostle shrugs. “Eh, fair enough. Alright!” he tells the Bogsneak. “Let’s do SCIENCE!”
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2940027][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/29401/2940027_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Parinux has returned to his birthplace for a short time to learn about his roots. He's quickly disillusioned, but who knows? He might yet find some clues to his lost heritage.[/i] [b]Paperwork Processing Bureau[/b] [b]Day Two:[/b] Parinux once again found himself in line. This line was moving a little slower. It gave him time to watch the (relative) orderliness of it all. The Shifting Expanse's barrenness could, at a glance, be compared to the flat floes of the Icefields. Yet, the Expanses had chosen to fill this barrenness with its own form of order. Nothing in nature could replicate the sharp, clinical edges and flat, smooth surfaces that abounded here. Shuffling along, deep in thought, he almost walked into the table. Blinking, Parinux caught himself and redirected his attention. The cheerful fae listed off several questions, and Parinux struggled to keep up. [indent]"Parinux...Plant-only diet...None, although, my fur is easily caught in machinery. Would that be an issue?"[/indent] [indent]"Not an issue at all!"[/indent] [indent]"Alright then. Um, where was I?"[/indent] [indent]"High gravity conditions."[/indent] [indent] "[i]High gravity conditions...?[/i]" Parinux thought to himself. "I can handle it," he stated. [/indent] [indent]"Sure thing, now, fight, flight or freeze?"[/indent] [indent]"Fight," and before the fae could react to [i]that[/i], he quickly added, "and my emergency contacts are Rujlarth and Zerethorn in the Gladeveins."[/indent] [indent]Unfazed, the fae piped, "You're all set!" Handing Parinux an ID badge, he motioned over to the hard-hat box.[/indent] Peering in, there appeared to be a motley of hard-hats. Some had hastily taped-on additions, others were quite fancifully decorated. Feathers, glitter, and other detritus dusted over everything. Spotting some leaves, Parinux grabbed out a hat adorned with antlers on either side, foraged branches glued haphazardly around its rim. There were even holes for his horns. It wasn't a substitute to being back in the Gladeveins, surrounded by the evergreen of nature, but it would do. Parinux followed the green lights to the next waiting area. Then he heard the sound of someone in distress. As a guard, his first instinct was to stand and wait. He wasn't a scout; he had no business following sounds that could be distractions or a trap. But--he wasn't a guard here. He could indulge his curiosity. Parinux decided to [b]check out what was going on.[/b] Before stepping out of the room, he put on his hardhat. Like all things in this realm, Parinux was learning, it pinched.
2940027_350.png

Parinux has returned to his birthplace for a short time to learn about his roots. He's quickly disillusioned, but who knows? He might yet find some clues to his lost heritage.

Paperwork Processing Bureau
Day Two:

Parinux once again found himself in line. This line was moving a little slower. It gave him time to watch the (relative) orderliness of it all. The Shifting Expanse's barrenness could, at a glance, be compared to the flat floes of the Icefields. Yet, the Expanses had chosen to fill this barrenness with its own form of order. Nothing in nature could replicate the sharp, clinical edges and flat, smooth surfaces that abounded here.

Shuffling along, deep in thought, he almost walked into the table. Blinking, Parinux caught himself and redirected his attention. The cheerful fae listed off several questions, and Parinux struggled to keep up.

"Parinux...Plant-only diet...None, although, my fur is easily caught in machinery. Would that be an issue?"
"Not an issue at all!"
"Alright then. Um, where was I?"
"High gravity conditions."
"High gravity conditions...?" Parinux thought to himself. "I can handle it," he stated.
"Sure thing, now, fight, flight or freeze?"
"Fight," and before the fae could react to that, he quickly added, "and my emergency contacts are Rujlarth and Zerethorn in the Gladeveins."
Unfazed, the fae piped, "You're all set!" Handing Parinux an ID badge, he motioned over to the hard-hat box.

Peering in, there appeared to be a motley of hard-hats. Some had hastily taped-on additions, others were quite fancifully decorated. Feathers, glitter, and other detritus dusted over everything. Spotting some leaves, Parinux grabbed out a hat adorned with antlers on either side, foraged branches glued haphazardly around its rim. There were even holes for his horns. It wasn't a substitute to being back in the Gladeveins, surrounded by the evergreen of nature, but it would do.

Parinux followed the green lights to the next waiting area. Then he heard the sound of someone in distress. As a guard, his first instinct was to stand and wait. He wasn't a scout; he had no business following sounds that could be distractions or a trap. But--he wasn't a guard here. He could indulge his curiosity. Parinux decided to check out what was going on.

Before stepping out of the room, he put on his hardhat. Like all things in this realm, Parinux was learning, it pinched.
[columns][size=4][b][u]DAY 2[/u][/b][/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/544498/54449757.png[/img][/columns] Delta was in awe of the amount of dragons and activity going on around her. Shuffling to the front of the line was hard to do without bumping into others while she looked at everything. Some of the questions the spiral asked made her giggle a little, but she answered everything with a happy lilt. Diving over to the hard hats, she merrily grabbed the gaudiest one and draped a few more things over it to really stand out. After making her way through the hallway, Delta was blinking a little at the argument going on. She caught enough of it to realize both opportunities would be fun, but chemicals weren't nearly as much entertainment as honest to goodness machines. With a gleeful, eager bounce, the gaoler elected to [b]Follow the Engineer[/b].
DAY 2 54449757.png

Delta was in awe of the amount of dragons and activity going on around her. Shuffling to the front of the line was hard to do without bumping into others while she looked at everything.

Some of the questions the spiral asked made her giggle a little, but she answered everything with a happy lilt. Diving over to the hard hats, she merrily grabbed the gaudiest one and draped a few more things over it to really stand out.

After making her way through the hallway, Delta was blinking a little at the argument going on. She caught enough of it to realize both opportunities would be fun, but chemicals weren't nearly as much entertainment as honest to goodness machines. With a gleeful, eager bounce, the gaoler elected to Follow the Engineer.
AaYNmEX.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
JvUa9ma.png
_
[center][b]Day 2[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28961446][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/289615/28961446_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Well, at least the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation was as exciting as she had hoped, even if it was more chaotic and disorganized than she had expected. Ara accepted her garish hardhat with a look of distaste and answered the Spiral's questions as best as she could. "My name is Ara, of the Clan of Roaring Waters. Emergency contact is Radiance, also of the Clan of Roaring Waters. Diet is meat and insects, no allergies. Nothing that would negatively affect my mobility - in fact, I think my mobility is enhanced due to my mechanojet boots, which I built myself," she added with a smirk. The last two questions, however, confused her. "I...currently obey the laws of physics. And when confronted with fear...I suppose flee, if you count removing myself from the area of immediate danger as fleeing." Was this some kind of test? If so, Ara hoped that she hadn't failed it. Ara followed the Ridgeback's instructions down the stairwell, where she rolled her eyes at the sound of arguing. Her eyes lit up at the mention of a rocket, however. Finally, a project worthy of her skills! Ara decided to [b]follow the engineer[/b] since she figured she would be more helpful there. Ara's specialty was robots, but she knew enough about general engineering to work on a rocket engine. She certainly knew more about engineering than chemistry.
Day 2
28961446_350.png
Well, at least the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation was as exciting as she had hoped, even if it was more chaotic and disorganized than she had expected. Ara accepted her garish hardhat with a look of distaste and answered the Spiral's questions as best as she could.

"My name is Ara, of the Clan of Roaring Waters. Emergency contact is Radiance, also of the Clan of Roaring Waters. Diet is meat and insects, no allergies. Nothing that would negatively affect my mobility - in fact, I think my mobility is enhanced due to my mechanojet boots, which I built myself," she added with a smirk.

The last two questions, however, confused her. "I...currently obey the laws of physics. And when confronted with fear...I suppose flee, if you count removing myself from the area of immediate danger as fleeing." Was this some kind of test? If so, Ara hoped that she hadn't failed it.

Ara followed the Ridgeback's instructions down the stairwell, where she rolled her eyes at the sound of arguing. Her eyes lit up at the mention of a rocket, however. Finally, a project worthy of her skills! Ara decided to follow the engineer since she figured she would be more helpful there. Ara's specialty was robots, but she knew enough about general engineering to work on a rocket engine. She certainly knew more about engineering than chemistry.
Na5WGHa.png
DAY 2 [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55392828][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/553929/55392828_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]A name and emergency contact? "Nagare, Forgot-got-gotten clan, Tangled Woods!" He answered after a brief pause. He was pretty sure the spiral wrote down the "got" part exactly as he spoke it, but hopefully there wouldn't be a need to actually contact his friend. He answered the next questions quickly. "No, no, yes." For reasons he couldn't work out, an image of his clanmate, GLaDOS flashed in his memory as he answered the final question. Probably had asked him the same thing in the past. "Flee." He answered to the last question. No point hanging around to get hurt, and he wasn't strong enough to fight. Virus was so excited to wear his hard hat! After all, hatchlings aren't allowed to wear apparel. He quickly decorated it with a sticker of his clan's official emblem, because he was a proud member of the Forgotten clan!... That and he didn't have anything better on him. After finally reaching the bogsneak, he watched with mild amusement at the nocturne who had begun to argue. After the skydancer had given him permission to choose, Virus made his decision known. "The scientist!" He answered at last. Because can you imagine a hatchling like him lifting an engine? Outside of being blatant comic relief it didn't seem very plausible.
DAY 2
55392828_350.png A name and emergency contact? "Nagare, Forgot-got-gotten clan, Tangled Woods!" He answered after a brief pause. He was pretty sure the spiral wrote down the "got" part exactly as he spoke it, but hopefully there wouldn't be a need to actually contact his friend.

He answered the next questions quickly. "No, no, yes." For reasons he couldn't work out, an image of his clanmate, GLaDOS flashed in his memory as he answered the final question. Probably had asked him the same thing in the past.

"Flee." He answered to the last question. No point hanging around to get hurt, and he wasn't strong enough to fight.

Virus was so excited to wear his hard hat! After all, hatchlings aren't allowed to wear apparel. He quickly decorated it with a sticker of his clan's official emblem, because he was a proud member of the Forgotten clan!... That and he didn't have anything better on him.

After finally reaching the bogsneak, he watched with mild amusement at the nocturne who had begun to argue. After the skydancer had given him permission to choose, Virus made his decision known.

"The scientist!" He answered at last. Because can you imagine a hatchling like him lifting an engine? Outside of being blatant comic relief it didn't seem very plausible.
Gr7tY6Q.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36162151][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/361622/36162151_350.png[/img][/url] --- [b]Day Two[/b] The three dragons looked at Lilac expectantly, but she could only stare back. A [i]rocket[/i]? Was she the only one here that realized how absurd that sounded? Lilac sighed. The Arcane and Lightning Flights had one thing in common- a love for the impossibility and a drive to conquer it. "I'll join the Nocturne." The dragon looked smug and gestured her forward with a claw. This internship was shaping out to be more interesting than she originally thought.
36162151_350.png
---
Day Two
The three dragons looked at Lilac expectantly, but she could only stare back. A rocket? Was she the only one here that realized how absurd that sounded? Lilac sighed. The Arcane and Lightning Flights had one thing in common- a love for the impossibility and a drive to conquer it.

"I'll join the Nocturne." The dragon looked smug and gestured her forward with a claw. This internship was shaping out to be more interesting than she originally thought.
banner_arcana_by_agatheas-db9eh23.png
[center][b]Day 2[/b][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22431071][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/224311/22431071_350.png[/img][/url] After answering a few personal questions (what was that fear one about, anyways?) Mar finds himself at the decorating table. He might not entirely look it, but he's quite the DIY enthusiast. Mar scrutinizes the hard hat with a calculating gaze. Perhaps...some electric rigging? It wouldn't be that hard to attach some batteries wiring. Yes, he's decided, that'll be it. He gets up from the table a while later, hat decked out in shiny bulbs and rainbow lights. When it's time to make a decision, he hesitates briefly, attracted by the prospects of chemical explosions, but in the end picks the engineer to follow. It's the most relevant to his talents, after all.
Day 2
22431071_350.png

After answering a few personal questions (what was that fear one about, anyways?) Mar finds himself at the decorating table. He might not entirely look it, but he's quite the DIY enthusiast. Mar scrutinizes the hard hat with a calculating gaze. Perhaps...some electric rigging? It wouldn't be that hard to attach some batteries wiring. Yes, he's decided, that'll be it.

He gets up from the table a while later, hat decked out in shiny bulbs and rainbow lights. When it's time to make a decision, he hesitates briefly, attracted by the prospects of chemical explosions, but in the end picks the engineer to follow. It's the most relevant to his talents, after all.
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55191647][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/551917/55191647_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day Two[/b] "Fugu of the Strangesight Association Clan," He responded instantly, "emergency contact is Helfrichi of the Strangesight Association Clan" The next few questions came. "No deity restrictions, no mobility restrictions". He had to pause on the physics question, "Potentially no due to prolonged elemental exposure, but no effects noted. Further data is classified". He waited while the Spiral marked him down, wondering if he was the first to not say yes to the physics question since she seemed to almost instinctual try to write yes. When it came to his instinct, "Fight" was the clear answer. He did somewhat enjoy the idea of decorating his hard hat. Just because he's a survival-type feral scientist who runs borderline unethical experiments doesn't mean he can't enjoy painting in his spare time. His design was pink with a realistic bulging eye in the center. With some time left, he painted some flowers on it to keep dragons from being too intimidated. He did nothing about the conflict until it was time for him to choose. Although he had joined the internship to get new experience, he did not like heavy lifting and given the option would stick to science. He decided to [b]follow the scientist[/b]. [/center]
55191647_350.png

Day Two

"Fugu of the Strangesight Association Clan," He responded instantly, "emergency contact is Helfrichi of the Strangesight Association Clan"

The next few questions came. "No deity restrictions, no mobility restrictions". He had to pause on the physics question, "Potentially no due to prolonged elemental exposure, but no effects noted. Further data is classified".

He waited while the Spiral marked him down, wondering if he was the first to not say yes to the physics question since she seemed to almost instinctual try to write yes. When it came to his instinct, "Fight" was the clear answer.

He did somewhat enjoy the idea of decorating his hard hat. Just because he's a survival-type feral scientist who runs borderline unethical experiments doesn't mean he can't enjoy painting in his spare time. His design was pink with a realistic bulging eye in the center. With some time left, he painted some flowers on it to keep dragons from being too intimidated.

He did nothing about the conflict until it was time for him to choose. Although he had joined the internship to get new experience, he did not like heavy lifting and given the option would stick to science. He decided to follow the scientist.
[b]Day 2 - The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59344223][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/593443/59344223_350.png[/img][/url] As Clover waited in the queue, she warily watched the other dragons horrendously tacking different items onto their hard hats and silently prayed she wouldn’t have to do the same. When she reached the front of the line, the spiral behind the table greeted her with a string of questions. She answered them thoughtfully, most of them fairly routine, although the last couple did concern her a bit. Much to her dismay, she was asked to decorate her hard hat, but she was thankful at least that the one the spiral handed her was a soft yellow, as yellow was her favorite color. She clumsily applied a few flowers and vines to the hat as the ridgeback watched her, hoping the final product didn’t look [i]too[/i] heinous. When she finished “decorating”, she reluctantly put on the hat, its stiff form pushing down her crests in a rather uncomfortable way, and headed down the staircase. She found that the blue lights in the stairwell comforted her, reminding her of the glowing fungi typical of her home. That brief moment of comfort, however, quickly faded away as the dragons she found at the bottom of the staircase began bickering about her placement. As if things weren’t uncomfortable enough, they turned to her to make the decision of where she would spend her time here. “I think my skills are more suited to science than engineering, so I think maybe I’ll go with the scientist,” she murmured, hoping the engineer wouldn’t be too angry.
Day 2 - The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation:
59344223_350.png

As Clover waited in the queue, she warily watched the other dragons horrendously tacking different items onto their hard hats and silently prayed she wouldn’t have to do the same. When she reached the front of the line, the spiral behind the table greeted her with a string of questions. She answered them thoughtfully, most of them fairly routine, although the last couple did concern her a bit.

Much to her dismay, she was asked to decorate her hard hat, but she was thankful at least that the one the spiral handed her was a soft yellow, as yellow was her favorite color. She clumsily applied a few flowers and vines to the hat as the ridgeback watched her, hoping the final product didn’t look too heinous. When she finished “decorating”, she reluctantly put on the hat, its stiff form pushing down her crests in a rather uncomfortable way, and headed down the staircase.

She found that the blue lights in the stairwell comforted her, reminding her of the glowing fungi typical of her home. That brief moment of comfort, however, quickly faded away as the dragons she found at the bottom of the staircase began bickering about her placement. As if things weren’t uncomfortable enough, they turned to her to make the decision of where she would spend her time here. “I think my skills are more suited to science than engineering, so I think maybe I’ll go with the scientist,” she murmured, hoping the engineer wouldn’t be too angry.
four-eyed phylactery coliseum sprite (click for source)
_______ Enchanted Remains
givemeyourbones
| she/her | fr +3
breed out the bugly challenge
coliseum egg hunt
wishlist

__________animated bone fiend sprite (click for source)
[b]Day 2 - The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/17209253][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/172093/17209253_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/19057.png[/img][/center] ----- Ixion had to fight back a smile as Bolt continuously--and fruitlessly--attempted to push up the hardhat he had 'acquired' for himself so it didn't cover his entire head. It seemed that in his haste he'd ended up with one sized for a fully-grown Guardian. The Fae's own hardhat had been merrily decorated by a very enthusiastic Zap; she had meticulously poured a small jar of greenish slime on it, flown about his head as she emptied a basket of blue petals, then finished the whole thing off with at least half a bottle of Cerdae shedding. All in all, when the Ridgeback ushered them into the dark, Ixion thought that one tool he should probably bring with him in the future is a mirror--until he noticed the glowing all around him, and realized it was coming from [i]his head[/i]. Zap zipped around him, the ID she had insisted on wearing in lieu of a heavy oversized hardhat swinging all around as she trilled happily, obviously proud of her work. A brief inspection of his hardhat revealed that the slime glowed brightly in the dark; the petals were so thin that plenty of light came through, yet it turned a modest blue in the process; and the Cerdae shedding added small touches of red to the whole. Ixion put it back on, impressed. "You never mentioned you had an artistic streak." She let out a delighted hum, making a swift two laps around his neck before settling on his shoulder, content. Bolt looked up at the bright, multi-coloured hardhat above him, then back at his own, which was still refusing to stay in place, and hung his head. Before Ixion could so much as reach out a claw, Zap had already quirked her head and flown up into the air again. A mournful trill rang out just in time for Bolt to look up, saving his hardhat from falling off altogether. Zap hovered in place for a few seconds before her abdomen abruptly lit up brighter than normal--usually a tell-tale sign she'd had an idea. She positioned herself right over Bolt's head, then started shaking her body as hard as possible. Just when Ixion started to wonder if he should be concerned, small sparks of red floated down her body--remnants of the Cerdae shedding. They had been drowned out by her own, stronger glow, but when they gradually landed on Bolt's hardhat, they stood out sharply against the material. When Zap finally fluttered back to rest on Ixion's shoulder, exhausted, Bolt gingerly removed the metal from his head--and looked up, eyes sparkling harder than his hardhat. ----- Undeterred by the loud voices coming from below (fuel; a launch; this all sounded very SCIENCE-y, and all good scientists needed to exchange thoughts by means of furious screaming once in a while, after all), the group made their way down the clearly indicated path. Even if there hadn't been bulbs lighting the way, the three of them gave off enough light now that what would've been an intimidating darkness otherwise had turned into a gentle dimness they could've navigated on their own without a problem. Ixion grinned as the first thing he saw upon exiting the stairwell was a Bogsneak, sharply dressed in a lab coat. Unfortunately, his grin faded slightly when a Nocturne turned up (and [i]without[/i] a snazzy lab coat, he noted with disapproval). Another argument started up before he could even introduce himself, this time seemingly about [i]him[/i], about where he should be allocated. The Fae hovered in the air, flapping his wings restlessly. He'd been promised experiments; where did he have to go to get started on the SCIENCE? He'd started to tune out their arguing, but one specific word pulled Ixion out of his thoughts. "Hold your hounds--you want [i]me[/i] to help you carry an [i]engine[/i]?" He paused for a moment so the Nocturne could take a look at his small form. While Ixion had developed some tools to assist himself with these matters (and had admittedly bulked up a bit from flying his reactor around everywhere), he still let Bolt do any heavy lifting. He looked towards the Bogsneak; the choice seemed beyond obvious. [i]Why were they still standing here?[/i] Zap zoomed ahead of him, seemingly thinking the same thing. [i]There was SCIENCE to be done![/i] [s]wow I sure spent a lot of time on those hats :')[/s]
Day 2 - The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation
17209253_350.png
19057.png

Ixion had to fight back a smile as Bolt continuously--and fruitlessly--attempted to push up the hardhat he had 'acquired' for himself so it didn't cover his entire head. It seemed that in his haste he'd ended up with one sized for a fully-grown Guardian. The Fae's own hardhat had been merrily decorated by a very enthusiastic Zap; she had meticulously poured a small jar of greenish slime on it, flown about his head as she emptied a basket of blue petals, then finished the whole thing off with at least half a bottle of Cerdae shedding.

All in all, when the Ridgeback ushered them into the dark, Ixion thought that one tool he should probably bring with him in the future is a mirror--until he noticed the glowing all around him, and realized it was coming from his head.

Zap zipped around him, the ID she had insisted on wearing in lieu of a heavy oversized hardhat swinging all around as she trilled happily, obviously proud of her work. A brief inspection of his hardhat revealed that the slime glowed brightly in the dark; the petals were so thin that plenty of light came through, yet it turned a modest blue in the process; and the Cerdae shedding added small touches of red to the whole.

Ixion put it back on, impressed. "You never mentioned you had an artistic streak." She let out a delighted hum, making a swift two laps around his neck before settling on his shoulder, content. Bolt looked up at the bright, multi-coloured hardhat above him, then back at his own, which was still refusing to stay in place, and hung his head. Before Ixion could so much as reach out a claw, Zap had already quirked her head and flown up into the air again.

A mournful trill rang out just in time for Bolt to look up, saving his hardhat from falling off altogether. Zap hovered in place for a few seconds before her abdomen abruptly lit up brighter than normal--usually a tell-tale sign she'd had an idea.

She positioned herself right over Bolt's head, then started shaking her body as hard as possible. Just when Ixion started to wonder if he should be concerned, small sparks of red floated down her body--remnants of the Cerdae shedding. They had been drowned out by her own, stronger glow, but when they gradually landed on Bolt's hardhat, they stood out sharply against the material. When Zap finally fluttered back to rest on Ixion's shoulder, exhausted, Bolt gingerly removed the metal from his head--and looked up, eyes sparkling harder than his hardhat.

Undeterred by the loud voices coming from below (fuel; a launch; this all sounded very SCIENCE-y, and all good scientists needed to exchange thoughts by means of furious screaming once in a while, after all), the group made their way down the clearly indicated path. Even if there hadn't been bulbs lighting the way, the three of them gave off enough light now that what would've been an intimidating darkness otherwise had turned into a gentle dimness they could've navigated on their own without a problem.

Ixion grinned as the first thing he saw upon exiting the stairwell was a Bogsneak, sharply dressed in a lab coat. Unfortunately, his grin faded slightly when a Nocturne turned up (and without a snazzy lab coat, he noted with disapproval). Another argument started up before he could even introduce himself, this time seemingly about him, about where he should be allocated. The Fae hovered in the air, flapping his wings restlessly. He'd been promised experiments; where did he have to go to get started on the SCIENCE? He'd started to tune out their arguing, but one specific word pulled Ixion out of his thoughts.

"Hold your hounds--you want me to help you carry an engine?" He paused for a moment so the Nocturne could take a look at his small form. While Ixion had developed some tools to assist himself with these matters (and had admittedly bulked up a bit from flying his reactor around everywhere), he still let Bolt do any heavy lifting.

He looked towards the Bogsneak; the choice seemed beyond obvious. Why were they still standing here? Zap zoomed ahead of him, seemingly thinking the same thing. There was SCIENCE to be done!

wow I sure spent a lot of time on those hats :')
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36 37