Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] CYOA - Operation Internship!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
[b]Username:[/b] dragonpals [b]User ID:[/b] 296286 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Miya [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30607690][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/306077/30607690_350.png[/img][/url] Miya sits carefully as he listens to the briefing, nodding enthusiastically with every good point and flipping through the employee handbook. This is a [i]really[/i] weird acting part. But hey, he's a good actor, he'll take what he can get. He signs the form for the Paperwork Processing Bureau. As he collects his ID and hard hat, he wanders in the direction of the Bureau, wondering how exactly to impersonate a worker of his clearance level.
Username: dragonpals
User ID: 296286
Dragon Name: Miya
Dragon Picture:
30607690_350.png

Miya sits carefully as he listens to the briefing, nodding enthusiastically with every good point and flipping through the employee handbook.

This is a really weird acting part. But hey, he's a good actor, he'll take what he can get. He signs the form for the Paperwork Processing Bureau. As he collects his ID and hard hat, he wanders in the direction of the Bureau, wondering how exactly to impersonate a worker of his clearance level.
YUDrFCG.png
This looks fun! Hopefully it's not too late for me to sign up. [b]Username:[/b] tigressRising [b]User ID:[/b] 169234 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Ara [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28961446][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/289615/28961446_350.png[/img][/url] ------------------ [b]Day One[/b] Ara sniffed at the less-than-stellar welcome and refreshments. Obviously these Lightning Flight Corporations didn't think much of their out-of-flight volunteers. While some of the dragons here might be inexperienced greenhorns, Are was her clan's Lightning Representative and a brilliant roboticist in her own right, if the tiny mechanical golem accompanying her (that she had designed and built herself) was any proof. [i]But no matter[/i], she thought. [i]Once they see what I can do, they'll surely grant me a position worthy of my capabilities.[/i] Ara scoffed at the mention of the Paper Processing Bureau. She did [i]not[/i] travel all the way to the Shifting Expanse just to push paperwork. After accepting her ID card and hard hat, she immediately signed up for the [b]Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation.[/b]
This looks fun! Hopefully it's not too late for me to sign up.

Username: tigressRising
User ID: 169234
Dragon Name: Ara
Dragon Picture:
28961446_350.png
Day One
Ara sniffed at the less-than-stellar welcome and refreshments. Obviously these Lightning Flight Corporations didn't think much of their out-of-flight volunteers. While some of the dragons here might be inexperienced greenhorns, Are was her clan's Lightning Representative and a brilliant roboticist in her own right, if the tiny mechanical golem accompanying her (that she had designed and built herself) was any proof. But no matter, she thought. Once they see what I can do, they'll surely grant me a position worthy of my capabilities.

Ara scoffed at the mention of the Paper Processing Bureau. She did not travel all the way to the Shifting Expanse just to push paperwork. After accepting her ID card and hard hat, she immediately signed up for the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation.
Na5WGHa.png
((I’ve never done something like this before, so I hope this is alright!)) [b]Username:[/b] givemeyourbones [b]User ID:[/b] 514016 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Clover [b]Dragon Picture:[/b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59344223][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/593443/59344223_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Clover is a curious fae who spends most of her spare time reading pretty much anything she can get her claws on. However, she’s rather anxious, so she hasn’t had much actual experience with the things she’s read about. She’s rarely been outside of her home in the Tangled Wood, which is one of the reasons she decided to sign up for the internship program. Despite her faintheartedness, she’s eager to finally get out into the real world and encounter new situations and challenges.[/i] [rule] [b]Day One:[/b] Clover filed into the auditorium with the rest of the dragons and tentatively found a seat at the end of one of the rows. She tried her hardest to listen carefully to the Director’s speech, as to not miss any important information, but the anxious thoughts occupying her head made it difficult to focus on the Guardian’s words. She wished there was more information presented about the details of the two positions, as she didn’t like the thought of making such an important decision based solely on the job titles. As she waited in line to get up to the intake table, she considered her options carefully. At first, she was tempted to go with the Paperwork Processings Bureau, since she figured she was more comfortable around paper than other dragons, but the more she thought about it, the more she started leaning towards the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. Clover came here to get out of her comfort zone and have an adventure, so perhaps the scarier option would be a better fit in the end. [i]I’m sure we won’t have to do anything too crazy,[/i] she thought to herself apprehensively as she checked the box on the form, [i]We’re just interns, after all.[/i]
((I’ve never done something like this before, so I hope this is alright!))

Username: givemeyourbones
User ID: 514016
Dragon Name: Clover
Dragon Picture:59344223_350.png

Clover is a curious fae who spends most of her spare time reading pretty much anything she can get her claws on. However, she’s rather anxious, so she hasn’t had much actual experience with the things she’s read about. She’s rarely been outside of her home in the Tangled Wood, which is one of the reasons she decided to sign up for the internship program. Despite her faintheartedness, she’s eager to finally get out into the real world and encounter new situations and challenges.
Day One:

Clover filed into the auditorium with the rest of the dragons and tentatively found a seat at the end of one of the rows. She tried her hardest to listen carefully to the Director’s speech, as to not miss any important information, but the anxious thoughts occupying her head made it difficult to focus on the Guardian’s words. She wished there was more information presented about the details of the two positions, as she didn’t like the thought of making such an important decision based solely on the job titles.

As she waited in line to get up to the intake table, she considered her options carefully. At first, she was tempted to go with the Paperwork Processings Bureau, since she figured she was more comfortable around paper than other dragons, but the more she thought about it, the more she started leaning towards the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. Clover came here to get out of her comfort zone and have an adventure, so perhaps the scarier option would be a better fit in the end.

I’m sure we won’t have to do anything too crazy, she thought to herself apprehensively as she checked the box on the form, We’re just interns, after all.
four-eyed phylactery coliseum sprite (click for source)
_______ Enchanted Remains
givemeyourbones
| she/her | fr +3
breed out the bugly challenge
coliseum egg hunt
wishlist

__________animated bone fiend sprite (click for source)
----- ----- [size=2][b]Username »[/b] TheAwesoMew (I'm in Lightning fyi!) [b]User ID »[/b] #379235 [b]Dragon Name »[/b] Ainsly [b]Dragon Picture »[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49428080][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=49428080&skin=0&apparel=10962,1709,10369,283,657,10362,12909,7279,15142,664,494&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [b]Dragon Information »[/b] A laid-back mechanic who helps operate a small energy-generation company in the Lightning Farm, Ainsly is always on the lookout for new ways to strengthen her grasp on the engineering trade! Though her poor memory presents a unique challenge in maintaining the machinery she loves to work with, Ainsly is always trying her best to come up with new strategies both for repair work and remembrance. Every job she takes strengthens her memories yet further, which is why she's eager to pursue this internship. Her hope is that, with enough experience under her belt, she'll eventually be able to remember every facet of her trade with perfect clarity! For now, however, she is sure to carry a plethora of repair manuals around with her at all times to remind her of the things she can't quite recall.[/size] ----- ----- [quote name="Day One »"]Though Ainsly had been living and working amidst the machinery of the Lightning Flight for quite some time, the rigid formality of the Stormcatcher's children still managed to surprise her as she sat down on one of the (mildly uncomfortable) folding chairs in the audience. Everything was just so [i]structured[/i], absolutely nothing like the relaxed work environments she was used to. Then again, the Outlook had a total of four employees, so there was certainly a bit more camaraderie to be expected than from a massive corporate enterprise with thousands of workers. Regardless of the formal atmosphere, Ainsly was still extraordinarily excited about the prospect of intering with such a large Lightning facility. Many businesses in the Shifting Expanse--especially those that offered engineering positions--tended to restrict their opportunities to those of Lightning heritage, so getting a shot at some more advanced work was endlessly exciting. This was the chance of a lifetime! Ainsly's enthusiasm had her hanging on the presenter's every word, doing her best to commit each and every letter to memory. She even scribbled a few particularly important notations into one of the many ledgers that she had brought to the event, dog-earing the pages so she wouldn't lose them later on. When the director--a guardian named Natalia--dismissed them, Ainsly was quick to join the throng of departing volunteers as they headed for the intake table outside the auditorium. It took quite a while for her to sift to the front of the line, which left her with plenty of time to consider the two options available. Really, the choice was a simple one. Though she created the best paperwork of all her peers back at the Outlook, the experience she wanted to gain here was hands-on. Though the name was rather general, the [b]Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation[/b] seemed as though it would give her the opportunities she was looking for, or at least something comparable. The aides at the intake table provided her with an ID card and hard hat quickly and efficiently, marking her down for the Division and sending her swiftly on her way. She made sure to step out of the way of the dragon who stepped forward into the space she once occupied before equipping her gear. The hard hat was exactly her size, snapping snugly into place over her bandana and protecting all but her protruding horns from any danger that might fall on her from above. The ID card clipped nicely onto one of her book straps, proudly proclaiming her to be a temporary intern. She couldn't help the grin that settled onto her face as she adjusted its position; this was the beginning of an extraordinary experience![/quote]

Username » TheAwesoMew (I'm in Lightning fyi!)
User ID » #379235
Dragon Name » Ainsly
Dragon Picture »
dragon?did=49428080&skin=0&apparel=10962,1709,10369,283,657,10362,12909,7279,15142,664,494&xt=dressing.png
Dragon Information »
A laid-back mechanic who helps operate a small energy-generation company in the Lightning Farm, Ainsly is always on the lookout for new ways to strengthen her grasp on the engineering trade! Though her poor memory presents a unique challenge in maintaining the machinery she loves to work with, Ainsly is always trying her best to come up with new strategies both for repair work and remembrance. Every job she takes strengthens her memories yet further, which is why she's eager to pursue this internship. Her hope is that, with enough experience under her belt, she'll eventually be able to remember every facet of her trade with perfect clarity! For now, however, she is sure to carry a plethora of repair manuals around with her at all times to remind her of the things she can't quite recall.

Day One » wrote:
Though Ainsly had been living and working amidst the machinery of the Lightning Flight for quite some time, the rigid formality of the Stormcatcher's children still managed to surprise her as she sat down on one of the (mildly uncomfortable) folding chairs in the audience. Everything was just so structured, absolutely nothing like the relaxed work environments she was used to. Then again, the Outlook had a total of four employees, so there was certainly a bit more camaraderie to be expected than from a massive corporate enterprise with thousands of workers.

Regardless of the formal atmosphere, Ainsly was still extraordinarily excited about the prospect of intering with such a large Lightning facility. Many businesses in the Shifting Expanse--especially those that offered engineering positions--tended to restrict their opportunities to those of Lightning heritage, so getting a shot at some more advanced work was endlessly exciting. This was the chance of a lifetime!

Ainsly's enthusiasm had her hanging on the presenter's every word, doing her best to commit each and every letter to memory. She even scribbled a few particularly important notations into one of the many ledgers that she had brought to the event, dog-earing the pages so she wouldn't lose them later on.

When the director--a guardian named Natalia--dismissed them, Ainsly was quick to join the throng of departing volunteers as they headed for the intake table outside the auditorium. It took quite a while for her to sift to the front of the line, which left her with plenty of time to consider the two options available. Really, the choice was a simple one. Though she created the best paperwork of all her peers back at the Outlook, the experience she wanted to gain here was hands-on. Though the name was rather general, the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation seemed as though it would give her the opportunities she was looking for, or at least something comparable.

The aides at the intake table provided her with an ID card and hard hat quickly and efficiently, marking her down for the Division and sending her swiftly on her way. She made sure to step out of the way of the dragon who stepped forward into the space she once occupied before equipping her gear. The hard hat was exactly her size, snapping snugly into place over her bandana and protecting all but her protruding horns from any danger that might fall on her from above. The ID card clipped nicely onto one of her book straps, proudly proclaiming her to be a temporary intern. She couldn't help the grin that settled onto her face as she adjusted its position; this was the beginning of an extraordinary experience!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[b]Username:[/b] virtualpet [b]User ID:[/b] 268225 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Fugu [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55191647][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/551917/55191647_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Fugu is a scientist who researches special eyed dragons. He often uses... borderline unethical methods in his research, but has contributed a lot to the understanding of special eyes and hasn't had any fatalities. A majority of his eyes are not in tact, with several being gnarled or missing.[/i] [b]Day One[/b] Fugu sat quietly while listening to the booming voice, the most movement being his ears twitching at each loud sound. He was mostly bored. Although he was interested in the opportunity to expand his practice, he despised formalities. He would occasionally open one of his multiple eyes to peer around him. This seemed to be to the alarm of some of the dragons, but he was taking in a good view of what was around him. Once he was able to, he went to register for [b]The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation[/b]. He planed to slip away when he could to buy some canteens of cactus tea.
Username: virtualpet
User ID: 268225
Dragon Name: Fugu
Dragon Picture:
55191647_350.png
Fugu is a scientist who researches special eyed dragons. He often uses... borderline unethical methods in his research, but has contributed a lot to the understanding of special eyes and hasn't had any fatalities. A majority of his eyes are not in tact, with several being gnarled or missing.

Day One
Fugu sat quietly while listening to the booming voice, the most movement being his ears twitching at each loud sound. He was mostly bored. Although he was interested in the opportunity to expand his practice, he despised formalities.

He would occasionally open one of his multiple eyes to peer around him. This seemed to be to the alarm of some of the dragons, but he was taking in a good view of what was around him.

Once he was able to, he went to register for The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. He planed to slip away when he could to buy some canteens of cactus tea.
[b]Username:[/b]BottledLightning [b]User ID:[/b] 439857 [b]Dragon Name:[/b]PaleFace [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56884341][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/568844/56884341_350.png[/img][/url] ----- Day 1 PaleFace excuses herself by seated dragons to an empty chair. It squeals loudly as she sits. "Great, I always get the noisy one," she thinks to herself. She listens as Natalia tells the large gathering about the opportunities available. Not knowing all the details precisely, hating paperwork, PaleFace signs on for The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. "I sure hope I'm not the Experiment," she mumbles as she puts on the hardhat and ID badge. "Time to learn something new."
Username:BottledLightning
User ID: 439857
Dragon Name:PaleFace
Dragon Picture:
56884341_350.png
Day 1

PaleFace excuses herself by seated dragons to an empty chair. It squeals loudly as she sits. "Great, I always get the noisy one," she thinks to herself.

She listens as Natalia tells the large gathering about the opportunities available. Not knowing all the details precisely, hating paperwork, PaleFace signs on for The Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation.
"I sure hope I'm not the Experiment," she mumbles as she puts on the hardhat and ID badge. "Time to learn something new."
[b]Username:Eggsin[/b] [b]User ID:441697[/b] [b]Dragon Name:Iolo[/b] [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48433588][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484336/48433588_350.png[/img][/url] Iolo is one of several leaders at Scarlet Babylon, and a legendary bank robber who pulls off heists with such flare that they always end up being a grand spectacle. He is absolutely respected around the camp, but his ego makes him a favorite target for the other's mischief. ----- [center][b]Day 1[/b][/center] Iolo squirmed in his seat, only half listening as he grappled with his annoyance. When Galemaiden said she was going to sign him up for an internship in her homeland, he thought she was just pulling his leg. The announcement at the dining hall didn't strike him as odd, and the snickers that erupted from his fellow mercenaries only cemented his impression that this was a big joke. Him? An internship? Never. This was Iolo, [i]the Iolo,[/i] the one of the greatest (self-proclaimed) bank robbers dragonkind had seen! He didn't [i]work[/i] for his pay, he [i]took[/i] it, and there was no way he'd ever stoop to the monotony of an office job. Or at least, he thought so until Thrall knocked on his door and humorously congratulated him on his newfound career. In that moment, Iolo realized two things: that he was right, and this was all a joke, and that his clanmates were much more dedicated to it than he had previously assumed. "I'm so glad you've turned your life around, dear Iolo." Galemaiden had said with the biggest, stupid grin he'd ever seen on her face, "I've even packed you lunch. My treat." "What!? You think I'm some kind of kid? You think I'm just gonna eat your stupid lunch?" The airship rocked as it landed, signaling they were here. There was a pause before Iolo sighed. "Because you're right. Give me that thing." And so he sat, furiously clutching his lunch bag, muttering curses under his breath as Natalia rattled off her speech. He couldn't believe his own friends had pawned him off to some Lightning corporation instead of just letting him enjoy the Thundercrack festivities, but he was here, and the Windswept Plateau was way too far for him to run away, so he didn't have much choice. When the speech was done he shambled over to the intake table, a permanent scowl on his face. [i]'I wouldn't be caught dead doing paperwork,'[/i] he thought to himself, [i]'so it looks like Experimentation and whatever are going to have to do.'[/i] he collected himself, facing the employee at the desk who greeted him with a smile. He attempted to return it, though his heart wasn't in it, and in an exasperated tone he decided "Uhh... Dragon Labor and Experimentation, please."
Username:Eggsin
User ID:441697
Dragon Name:Iolo
Dragon Picture:
48433588_350.png

Iolo is one of several leaders at Scarlet Babylon, and a legendary bank robber who pulls off heists with such flare that they always end up being a grand spectacle. He is absolutely respected around the camp, but his ego makes him a favorite target for the other's mischief.
Day 1

Iolo squirmed in his seat, only half listening as he grappled with his annoyance. When Galemaiden said she was going to sign him up for an internship in her homeland, he thought she was just pulling his leg. The announcement at the dining hall didn't strike him as odd, and the snickers that erupted from his fellow mercenaries only cemented his impression that this was a big joke. Him? An internship? Never. This was Iolo, the Iolo, the one of the greatest (self-proclaimed) bank robbers dragonkind had seen! He didn't work for his pay, he took it, and there was no way he'd ever stoop to the monotony of an office job.

Or at least, he thought so until Thrall knocked on his door and humorously congratulated him on his newfound career. In that moment, Iolo realized two things: that he was right, and this was all a joke, and that his clanmates were much more dedicated to it than he had previously assumed.

"I'm so glad you've turned your life around, dear Iolo." Galemaiden had said with the biggest, stupid grin he'd ever seen on her face, "I've even packed you lunch. My treat."

"What!? You think I'm some kind of kid? You think I'm just gonna eat your stupid lunch?"

The airship rocked as it landed, signaling they were here. There was a pause before Iolo sighed.

"Because you're right. Give me that thing."

And so he sat, furiously clutching his lunch bag, muttering curses under his breath as Natalia rattled off her speech. He couldn't believe his own friends had pawned him off to some Lightning corporation instead of just letting him enjoy the Thundercrack festivities, but he was here, and the Windswept Plateau was way too far for him to run away, so he didn't have much choice. When the speech was done he shambled over to the intake table, a permanent scowl on his face. 'I wouldn't be caught dead doing paperwork,' he thought to himself, 'so it looks like Experimentation and whatever are going to have to do.'

he collected himself, facing the employee at the desk who greeted him with a smile. He attempted to return it, though his heart wasn't in it, and in an exasperated tone he decided "Uhh... Dragon Labor and Experimentation, please."

9km0E.gif
[b]Username:[/b] dd2900 [b]User ID:[/b] 460217 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Chihiro [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52772767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/527728/52772767_350.png[/img][/url] Chihiro, an eager disaster of a treasure hunter with a penchant for getting into trouble. ----- After the stress of his last adventure, Tsukumi tells Chihiro of a Lightning Flight volunteer faire she'd heard about and suggests he check it out. It sounds incredibly [i]boring[/i]. But Tsukumi's worried about him, and he causes her enough trouble as it is... may as well oblige her. He sinks into a seat and surveys the room. It's not his kind of scene at all. The warning/threat to familiars has him checking for the hainu, but they apparently haven't followed him this time; that's fine. Their antics had caused enough anxiety the last time anyway. Natalia presents the program, and the crowd about him rises to join their departments. He groans a little inwardly; he's an adventurer, not an office worker. Paperwork processing sounds too mindnumbing to process. Underground workshops sound mildly more interesting though, if only for the location, so he struggles through the crowd to sign up for the [b]Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation.[/b] Maybe it won't be so bad.
Username: dd2900
User ID: 460217
Dragon Name: Chihiro
Dragon Picture: 52772767_350.png
Chihiro, an eager disaster of a treasure hunter with a penchant for getting into trouble.

After the stress of his last adventure, Tsukumi tells Chihiro of a Lightning Flight volunteer faire she'd heard about and suggests he check it out.
It sounds incredibly boring.
But Tsukumi's worried about him, and he causes her enough trouble as it is... may as well oblige her.

He sinks into a seat and surveys the room. It's not his kind of scene at all. The warning/threat to familiars has him checking for the hainu, but they apparently haven't followed him this time; that's fine. Their antics had caused enough anxiety the last time anyway.

Natalia presents the program, and the crowd about him rises to join their departments. He groans a little inwardly; he's an adventurer, not an office worker. Paperwork processing sounds too mindnumbing to process. Underground workshops sound mildly more interesting though, if only for the location, so he struggles through the crowd to sign up for the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. Maybe it won't be so bad.
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
[i][/i][b]Username:[/b] ViralN9 [b]User ID:[/b] 171073 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Aeris [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39318474][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/393185/39318474_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Alchemist of the Tidal Watchers clan as well as an engineer working under Chief Engineer Aurora. Aeris was more or less thrown out by his superior as soon as he caught wind of the internship. "A valuable learning experience! You get some hands on training with Lightning-tech that [b]wasn't[/b] invented by yours truly!" the Ridgeback raved to Aeris. At least Aeris wouldn't be going into the internship completely unskilled, he's received years of mentorship working under Aurora and he's the best (read: only) alchemist in the clan. So everything's going to be fine, right?[/i] [b]Day One[/b] Aeris finds himself a seat in the crowded gathering hall where all the other interns have crammed themselves into their seats. They crowd honestly wasn't that bad, the the sheer [i]dryness[/i] of the Shifting Expanse was a bit disorienting to the Bogsneak. Shuffling a bit in his chair to try to get into a more comfortable position he barely flinches as the PA System screeches to get everyone's attention. Listening to the Director go on and on about the new program, Aeris almost immediately starting tuning out the explanation as soon as he heard "Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation." [i]Well, they probably don't [b]actually[/b] run experiments on dragons, at least not of the mad science kind.[/i] He silently mused to himself before remembering this was the Lightning flight he was dealing with. Well, he's used himself as a test subject for more of his alchemy experiments than he'd like to admit, so Aeris ticked the box for that division and waited for further instructions.
Username: ViralN9
User ID: 171073
Dragon Name: Aeris
Dragon Picture:
39318474_350.png
Alchemist of the Tidal Watchers clan as well as an engineer working under Chief Engineer Aurora. Aeris was more or less thrown out by his superior as soon as he caught wind of the internship. "A valuable learning experience! You get some hands on training with Lightning-tech that wasn't invented by yours truly!" the Ridgeback raved to Aeris. At least Aeris wouldn't be going into the internship completely unskilled, he's received years of mentorship working under Aurora and he's the best (read: only) alchemist in the clan. So everything's going to be fine, right?

Day One
Aeris finds himself a seat in the crowded gathering hall where all the other interns have crammed themselves into their seats. They crowd honestly wasn't that bad, the the sheer dryness of the Shifting Expanse was a bit disorienting to the Bogsneak. Shuffling a bit in his chair to try to get into a more comfortable position he barely flinches as the PA System screeches to get everyone's attention. Listening to the Director go on and on about the new program, Aeris almost immediately starting tuning out the explanation as soon as he heard "Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation."

Well, they probably don't actually run experiments on dragons, at least not of the mad science kind. He silently mused to himself before remembering this was the Lightning flight he was dealing with. Well, he's used himself as a test subject for more of his alchemy experiments than he'd like to admit, so Aeris ticked the box for that division and waited for further instructions.
DNsZOzK.png
[b]Username:[/b] Thewarywatcher13 [b]User ID:[/b] 39058 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Sprocket [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5142552] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51426/5142552_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] And, of course, she’s always accompanied by her [s]mostly[/s] reliable creeper, Cogger [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/7593.png[/img][/columns] Alas, I discovered this too late in the day to have time to write an rp response before Day 2 begins, but here is my dragon Sprocket sliding in to intern at the Paperwork Processing Bureau. I’ll update this post with a belated rp response sometime tomorrow. [b]Edit[/b]: Here we go with the start of Sprocket's new adventure![url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2891519/6#post_44155007] Link to Day 2[/url] [b]Day 1[/b] No one could really say that working for the Stormcatcher was an entirely safe or entirely pleasant job, but it had its merits in the amount of information that must surely pass through their halls. A brief internship seemed like the perfect opportunity to Sprocket: get in and learn a thing or two about their operations and research, then get out before she got herself bound to the place. The fae clambered onto one of the many seats that had clearly been built for a much larger dragon to listen to their instructions. Her familiar Cogger settled himself beside her, and Sprocket automatically planted a foot on one of his legs to keep him from straying. The fae’s crests flattened in indignation at the announcement that unattended familiars would be used for experimentation. Like she’d let them get their hands on her favorite tinkering project! She gave a series of monotonous clicks that would command the creeper to stay close to her side. “You are not going anywhere today, you hear me?” She hissed to him in a quiet monotone. “This is not a safe place for you to go wandering off as usual”. Sprocket cringed sympathetically when she looked back up to see a fae crash into the guardian director. As an easily distracted fae, she was most familiar with the pain of flying straight into an unyielding object. It seemed that prospective interns had a choice between two Departments to work in: the Paperwork Processing Bureau or the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. Experimentation was certainly much closer to her field of work, but Sprocket already had a healthy distrust for her home flight’s operations. None of her previous adventures here had gone according to plan. The stress that was her visit to the Shifting Emporium went without saying, and Cogger himself had been acquired from a waste pile. Originally a simple repair golem for the Spire, he had been discarded as defective due to numerous kinks in his personality. It was a serious waste in his potential, born out of desire for efficiency and a painful lack of creative thought. The employees methods were effective, but ruthless, and Sprocket was doubtful as to whether she would enjoy direct involvement with them. She really wasn’t looking for more danger right now, just information. [b]Paperwork Processing[/b] would be a better match for her goals. With her decision made, Sprocket leapt up from her seat and flew over to the intake table, Cogger tailing her from the ground.
Username: Thewarywatcher13
User ID: 39058
Dragon Name: Sprocket
Dragon Picture:

5142552_350.png
And, of course, she’s always accompanied by her mostly reliable creeper, Cogger
7593.png

Alas, I discovered this too late in the day to have time to write an rp response before Day 2 begins, but here is my dragon Sprocket sliding in to intern at the Paperwork Processing Bureau. I’ll update this post with a belated rp response sometime tomorrow.

Edit: Here we go with the start of Sprocket's new adventure! Link to Day 2

Day 1

No one could really say that working for the Stormcatcher was an entirely safe or entirely pleasant job, but it had its merits in the amount of information that must surely pass through their halls. A brief internship seemed like the perfect opportunity to Sprocket: get in and learn a thing or two about their operations and research, then get out before she got herself bound to the place. The fae clambered onto one of the many seats that had clearly been built for a much larger dragon to listen to their instructions. Her familiar Cogger settled himself beside her, and Sprocket automatically planted a foot on one of his legs to keep him from straying.

The fae’s crests flattened in indignation at the announcement that unattended familiars would be used for experimentation. Like she’d let them get their hands on her favorite tinkering project! She gave a series of monotonous clicks that would command the creeper to stay close to her side. “You are not going anywhere today, you hear me?” She hissed to him in a quiet monotone. “This is not a safe place for you to go wandering off as usual”.

Sprocket cringed sympathetically when she looked back up to see a fae crash into the guardian director. As an easily distracted fae, she was most familiar with the pain of flying straight into an unyielding object. It seemed that prospective interns had a choice between two Departments to work in: the Paperwork Processing Bureau or the Division of Dragon Labor and Experimentation. Experimentation was certainly much closer to her field of work, but Sprocket already had a healthy distrust for her home flight’s operations. None of her previous adventures here had gone according to plan. The stress that was her visit to the Shifting Emporium went without saying, and Cogger himself had been acquired from a waste pile. Originally a simple repair golem for the Spire, he had been discarded as defective due to numerous kinks in his personality. It was a serious waste in his potential, born out of desire for efficiency and a painful lack of creative thought. The employees methods were effective, but ruthless, and Sprocket was doubtful as to whether she would enjoy direct involvement with them. She really wasn’t looking for more danger right now, just information. Paperwork Processing would be a better match for her goals.

With her decision made, Sprocket leapt up from her seat and flew over to the intake table, Cogger tailing her from the ground.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37