Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN]What On Earth Is Going On Discussio
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 43 44
@Comba No worries at all! I'm just sitting here contemplating how 'of course' makes me sound sus haha. I'm more suspicious of those who have gone out of their way to actively call out people on small, little, random things. I have to agree with you a bit, that Nerasis catches my attention. I think they and MagykalWagykal have been the most active in calling people out? Not entirely certain on that.

Still haven't concluded whether this is a good or bad thing, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on it.
@Comba No worries at all! I'm just sitting here contemplating how 'of course' makes me sound sus haha. I'm more suspicious of those who have gone out of their way to actively call out people on small, little, random things. I have to agree with you a bit, that Nerasis catches my attention. I think they and MagykalWagykal have been the most active in calling people out? Not entirely certain on that.

Still haven't concluded whether this is a good or bad thing, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on it.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
@EmbertheSkywing I think a majority non-voter in this game might actually mean no-lynch. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, @Stormdreamer , but so far as I could tell from the lynching thread, a majority non-vote means no lynch.
@EmbertheSkywing I think a majority non-voter in this game might actually mean no-lynch. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, @Stormdreamer , but so far as I could tell from the lynching thread, a majority non-vote means no lynch.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
@MorRioghan

No, in this game non-voters have no effect on the vote. For no lynch to happen, a majority of people have to vote "No Lynch".

At least, I believe so.
@MorRioghan

No, in this game non-voters have no effect on the vote. For no lynch to happen, a majority of people have to vote "No Lynch".

At least, I believe so.
[quote name="Comba" date="2019-04-03 10:50:05" ] @MorRioghan No, in this game non-voters have no effect on the vote. For no lynch to happen, a majority of people have to vote "No Lynch". At least, I believe so. [/quote] Yeah, that's how it usually goes.
Comba wrote on 2019-04-03 10:50:05:
@MorRioghan

At least, I believe so.

Yeah, that's how it usually goes.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
[quote name="@Comba" date="2019-04-03 09:32:01" ] @/MagykalWagykal to answer your questions in short: 1) "Why did you spend so much time?" I started writing with[b] the intent of only making a fluff post[/b], but realized I should probably be more helpful. Everything that seemed weird was already being pursued by other people, and since there still isn't too much material, I decided I would provide a counter argument. 2) "Why are you so convinced she's town?" I'm not convinced she's town. Defending someone doesn't mean I particularly care for them, [b]I just don't want people to tunnel and get obsessed on someone.[/b] If she is town, it'd feel awful to be drilled in on like that and not be able to find a way out if it continued. (At present, the claims weren't that bad.) Out of the two people I saw being targeted, I picked shimmer because the arguments against her seemed easier to refute. [b]We're not lovers either. I don't know anything about her.[/b] Since you've decided to vote for me, I'm obligated to try and change your mind - it's d1, so I don't have any examples of ability usage to back up my claim, [b]but I could roleclaim if you want that.[/b] I am town, and if everyone follows through with your idea to lynch me, [b]please don't think shimmer is also town.[/b] Like I said, I'm not lovers with her, and two of the posts I covered show that they're 50/50 on whether it implies scum or is just neutral. She could very well be either scum or town, so I wasn't making an argument to either side. Anyway, I'm skipping classes again today, so I'll be able to reply fairly fast to any other pings. [/quote] You... were trying to make a fluff post? xD Thank you for contributing, that's the smart thing to do. :) And that's definitely true- tunneling can be dangerous. I've seen it happen before, even done it myself [s]a lot of[/s] a couple times. It can really throw off perception. Also... BWAHAHAHA. xD I'm sorry for laughing, but lovers is a role. Where two people have a QT and die if the other one dies. I'm sorry I didn't mention that- my bad. xD I'm usually not for roleclaiming this early in the game- it would make the Mafia target you. But, then again, if it stops a townie (if you really ARE a townie) from being lynched... I don't know. This next bolded part confuses me- if Comba were Mafia, would she really tell us to still look suspiciously on Shimmerwing? I'd say we have WIFOM, but Comba is newer, and would she really think that far ahead? Not that she's not smart- I just don't know if that's a normal response, even for vets, unless they were trying to, and this little sentence is not placed in prominence in the post, it's just kind of in there. Huh. Will reply to next post in a next post of my own. xD
@Comba wrote on 2019-04-03 09:32:01:
@/MagykalWagykal

to answer your questions in short:

1) "Why did you spend so much time?" I started writing with the intent of only making a fluff post, but realized I should probably be more helpful. Everything that seemed weird was already being pursued by other people, and since there still isn't too much material, I decided I would provide a counter argument.

2) "Why are you so convinced she's town?" I'm not convinced she's town. Defending someone doesn't mean I particularly care for them, I just don't want people to tunnel and get obsessed on someone. If she is town, it'd feel awful to be drilled in on like that and not be able to find a way out if it continued. (At present, the claims weren't that bad.) Out of the two people I saw being targeted, I picked shimmer because the arguments against her seemed easier to refute.

We're not lovers either. I don't know anything about her.
Since you've decided to vote for me, I'm obligated to try and change your mind - it's d1, so I don't have any examples of ability usage to back up my claim, but I could roleclaim if you want that.

I am town, and if everyone follows through with your idea to lynch me, please don't think shimmer is also town. Like I said, I'm not lovers with her, and two of the posts I covered show that they're 50/50 on whether it implies scum or is just neutral. She could very well be either scum or town, so I wasn't making an argument to either side.

Anyway, I'm skipping classes again today, so I'll be able to reply fairly fast to any other pings.

You... were trying to make a fluff post? xD Thank you for contributing, that's the smart thing to do. :)

And that's definitely true- tunneling can be dangerous. I've seen it happen before, even done it myself a lot of a couple times. It can really throw off perception.

Also... BWAHAHAHA. xD I'm sorry for laughing, but lovers is a role. Where two people have a QT and die if the other one dies. I'm sorry I didn't mention that- my bad. xD

I'm usually not for roleclaiming this early in the game- it would make the Mafia target you. But, then again, if it stops a townie (if you really ARE a townie) from being lynched... I don't know.

This next bolded part confuses me- if Comba were Mafia, would she really tell us to still look suspiciously on Shimmerwing? I'd say we have WIFOM, but Comba is newer, and would she really think that far ahead? Not that she's not smart- I just don't know if that's a normal response, even for vets, unless they were trying to, and this little sentence is not placed in prominence in the post, it's just kind of in there. Huh.

Will reply to next post in a next post of my own. xD
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="Comba" date="2019-04-03 10:13:12" ] @/MagykalWagykal Sorry for a second ping (Don't know if you've responded to my previous comment yet, typing this) Your sus on me is justified enough, but you seem to be throwing around [b]a lot of unwarranted sus. [s]i probably deserve the sus though - whether or not i'm guilty of anything, in both games and real life, if I know there's a crime I start to think and act from the criminal's perspective. I've never been sure why - I feel more guilty for crimes i dont have any ties to than ones i have.[/s] [/b] [LIST] [*] Shimmer said they would lynch useless posters, you called them out for saying they would lynch inactive people [*] You called out Elf for responding to Shimmer's talk of sheeping, saying they were acting sus for asking about sheeping after it was called negative. [*] Not once in my post did I say I thought shimmer was town. You call me out for being "convinced she's town" [/LIST] [quote name="MagykalWagykal" date="2019-04-03 09:12:31" ] -snip- [quote name="@/MorRioghan" date="2019-04-02 10:29:04" ] Hey, sorry for the late introduction, I was pretty busy last night. I'm MorRioghan, or you can call me Morri, I don't care much. This is my first game of Mafia on Flight Rising ever, though I do have to say I'm fairly new regardless. My Timezone is EST, so FR -3 or 4 I think? As for the questions... Opinions on D1 Lynches?: I think there's something to be said about gut feelings. D1 lynches can sometimes be good, sometimes be a bit unfair. I think it really depends more on the group you're playing with. Set out the rules first, make them clear, and then either way I don't care much. Opinion on Sheeping?: Well I wasn't exactly sure what sheeping was to begin with, but I guess playing meek and making mistakes? Just going with the crowd? I usually find that people who are sheeping or not putting themselves out there are generally the ones with stuff to hide, although sometimes they're just indecisive and think that group may have a better idea of what's going on. It certainly depends on the person, I suppose. Human psychology.. is it a bluff? Double bluff? Triple bluff? The world may never know. Thoughts on Inactivity?: Inactivity is a bit sad. [b]I, of course, try to be as active as I can, but there are times when I simply cannot make it on. [/b]I go to bed before the new rollover. I do think for common courtesy to all the players that you should be active, and if you're not active, either lynched or subbed with someone else. [/quote] This pings me off a little... especially the 'of course' part. It seems like you're trying too hard to establish yourself as town. -snip- [/quote] This is just .. a bit nitpicky. I feel like you're over exaggerating a lot of stuff. "Trying too hard" to be read as town. Saying you'd like to be active is not necessarily something town-ish. Besides this, you don't point out anything they're doing to be seen as town, so "too hard" is hyperbole for the evidence you've provided. Other notes: [b] your interactions with @/nerasis are a bit buddy-buddy? He immediately agreed with your false interpretation of shimmer's post, and then asked you a question, as if to say "haha, don't want to seem too close, so I have to direct something somewhat sus back - but not enough to warrant further discussion.[/b] [/quote] See... this is why I think you're a little suspicious. I believe you, and then it looks like you feel like you have to make sure, so you attack me back. It just feels like defensive Mafia to me. I trust my gut a lot, especially when reading posts and feeling what pings me off, so 'nitpicky' is one word to describe it. For me, it's less of scrutinizing to find anything wrong, and more of my subconscious hearing the phrases and deciphering which have a false note to them. It's usually the smallest, smallest things that give away Mafia, like the time @StormDreamer (at least, I think it was our lovely mod xD) used that smiley and made the questionnaire in Zootopia Mafia (which I never played, LordAlois was the one who made that fabulous catch there). Also, thank you for the list, that'll be useful later. :) *Magykal tucks it away in a folder so she can remember* As to being all 'buddy-buddy' with Nerasis... I think @Nerasis is just a veteran player- and a good one, too. I think I saw him in action once before in Witches Revolt. He agreed with me on the Shimmerwing thing since he knows that usually that's the sort of stuff that gets Mafia lynched- little slip-ups. Also, if agreeing with someone is considered suspicious, we'd better lynch the whole place, starting with me, since I've done that a lot before. xD Your whole playstyle just confuses me- I don't know if you're Mafia or, again, just confused town lashing out at whoever accuses them. I used to do that a lot, too, back when I didn't know how to play, so, I have some sympathy right there. xD But I also remember HistMaf3 when the new player won on the excuse that he was new... O.o So... I don't know. People? Thoughts?
Comba wrote on 2019-04-03 10:13:12:
@/MagykalWagykal

Sorry for a second ping (Don't know if you've responded to my previous comment yet, typing this)

Your sus on me is justified enough, but you seem to be throwing around a lot of unwarranted sus.
i probably deserve the sus though - whether or not i'm guilty of anything, in both games and real life, if I know there's a crime I start to think and act from the criminal's perspective. I've never been sure why - I feel more guilty for crimes i dont have any ties to than ones i have.

• Shimmer said they would lynch useless posters, you called them out for saying they would lynch inactive people
  • You called out Elf for responding to Shimmer's talk of sheeping, saying they were acting sus for asking about sheeping after it was called negative.
  • Not once in my post did I say I thought shimmer was town. You call me out for being "convinced she's town"
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2019-04-03 09:12:31:

-snip-
@/MorRioghan wrote on 2019-04-02 10:29:04:
Hey, sorry for the late introduction, I was pretty busy last night. I'm MorRioghan, or you can call me Morri, I don't care much.

This is my first game of Mafia on Flight Rising ever, though I do have to say I'm fairly new regardless. My Timezone is EST, so FR -3 or 4 I think? As for the questions...

Opinions on D1 Lynches?: I think there's something to be said about gut feelings. D1 lynches can sometimes be good, sometimes be a bit unfair. I think it really depends more on the group you're playing with. Set out the rules first, make them clear, and then either way I don't care much.

Opinion on Sheeping?: Well I wasn't exactly sure what sheeping was to begin with, but I guess playing meek and making mistakes? Just going with the crowd? I usually find that people who are sheeping or not putting themselves out there are generally the ones with stuff to hide, although sometimes they're just indecisive and think that group may have a better idea of what's going on. It certainly depends on the person, I suppose. Human psychology.. is it a bluff? Double bluff? Triple bluff? The world may never know.

Thoughts on Inactivity?: Inactivity is a bit sad. I, of course, try to be as active as I can, but there are times when I simply cannot make it on. I go to bed before the new rollover. I do think for common courtesy to all the players that you should be active, and if you're not active, either lynched or subbed with someone else.

This pings me off a little... especially the 'of course' part. It seems like you're trying too hard to establish yourself as town.

-snip-
This is just .. a bit nitpicky. I feel like you're over exaggerating a lot of stuff. "Trying too hard" to be read as town. Saying you'd like to be active is not necessarily something town-ish. Besides this, you don't point out anything they're doing to be seen as town, so "too hard" is hyperbole for the evidence you've provided.

Other notes:

your interactions with @/nerasis are a bit buddy-buddy? He immediately agreed with your false interpretation of shimmer's post, and then asked you a question, as if to say "haha, don't want to seem too close, so I have to direct something somewhat sus back - but not enough to warrant further discussion.

See... this is why I think you're a little suspicious. I believe you, and then it looks like you feel like you have to make sure, so you attack me back. It just feels like defensive Mafia to me. I trust my gut a lot, especially when reading posts and feeling what pings me off, so 'nitpicky' is one word to describe it. For me, it's less of scrutinizing to find anything wrong, and more of my subconscious hearing the phrases and deciphering which have a false note to them. It's usually the smallest, smallest things that give away Mafia, like the time @StormDreamer (at least, I think it was our lovely mod xD) used that smiley and made the questionnaire in Zootopia Mafia (which I never played, LordAlois was the one who made that fabulous catch there).

Also, thank you for the list, that'll be useful later. :) *Magykal tucks it away in a folder so she can remember*

As to being all 'buddy-buddy' with Nerasis...

I think @Nerasis is just a veteran player- and a good one, too. I think I saw him in action once before in Witches Revolt. He agreed with me on the Shimmerwing thing since he knows that usually that's the sort of stuff that gets Mafia lynched- little slip-ups.

Also, if agreeing with someone is considered suspicious, we'd better lynch the whole place, starting with me, since I've done that a lot before. xD

Your whole playstyle just confuses me- I don't know if you're Mafia or, again, just confused town lashing out at whoever accuses them. I used to do that a lot, too, back when I didn't know how to play, so, I have some sympathy right there. xD But I also remember HistMaf3 when the new player won on the excuse that he was new... O.o

So... I don't know. People? Thoughts?
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
@MagykalWagykal

Haha, I know lovers is a role - that's what I meant. I actually find this very funny that what I said could have been interpreted that way, and I have to find another way to use that somewhere else.

Initially, i just wanted to highlight the image I posted and the declaration of war to god/storm in my post, which is what i meant by "fluff".

I'm not very new, either - I was much younger and I suppose dumber when I first started playing, but I was really into TOS for the year following its beta release.

The first mafia game I played on here was in september 2016, at least that's as far as I remember. (Before you even joined the site, lmao)

Yeah, people don't like early claims very much. I can't think of anything else as a real grounds for defense though, but I'll stay silent until you / someone else asks it of me.
@MagykalWagykal

Haha, I know lovers is a role - that's what I meant. I actually find this very funny that what I said could have been interpreted that way, and I have to find another way to use that somewhere else.

Initially, i just wanted to highlight the image I posted and the declaration of war to god/storm in my post, which is what i meant by "fluff".

I'm not very new, either - I was much younger and I suppose dumber when I first started playing, but I was really into TOS for the year following its beta release.

The first mafia game I played on here was in september 2016, at least that's as far as I remember. (Before you even joined the site, lmao)

Yeah, people don't like early claims very much. I can't think of anything else as a real grounds for defense though, but I'll stay silent until you / someone else asks it of me.
oh boy you finished up your other post while i was typing

time to read that
oh boy you finished up your other post while i was typing

time to read that
@MagykalWagykal

Even though I called you out on it, i totally get the nitpicky thing. I used to always point at people for doing small things like that/ just sending out bad vibes and gut instincts, and I was almost always targeted for it - people saying I wasn't giving concrete evidence or that I'm acting suspicious by not having anything conclusive/damning, and redirecting all the sus on to me.

Hence, I'm trying to do that less.

and then there's the whole "being too defensive" thing - I get accused of that every game. Like, do i just not defend my opinions..?? Am I not meant to ..>????
i am a very argumentative person

and with your final comment on Nera there, he is a vet player. He was in the first game I ever played, I know that much. Just because someone's good doesn't mean they're trustworthy - just means they're more dangerous as scum and more helpful as town
@MagykalWagykal

Even though I called you out on it, i totally get the nitpicky thing. I used to always point at people for doing small things like that/ just sending out bad vibes and gut instincts, and I was almost always targeted for it - people saying I wasn't giving concrete evidence or that I'm acting suspicious by not having anything conclusive/damning, and redirecting all the sus on to me.

Hence, I'm trying to do that less.

and then there's the whole "being too defensive" thing - I get accused of that every game. Like, do i just not defend my opinions..?? Am I not meant to ..>????
i am a very argumentative person

and with your final comment on Nera there, he is a vet player. He was in the first game I ever played, I know that much. Just because someone's good doesn't mean they're trustworthy - just means they're more dangerous as scum and more helpful as town
guys im lonely please post
guys im lonely please post
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 43 44