Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN]What On Earth Is Going On Discussio
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
@StormDreamer
By the power of friendship we can escape the globe and kill a god.
@StormDreamer
By the power of friendship we can escape the globe and kill a god.
AwS14z9.png
"The enormity of the universe filled him with a strange sweet woe."
—Cormac McCarthy, Suttree
@Solcie Okay! Thanks for clearing that up. I get what you meant now.
@Solcie Okay! Thanks for clearing that up. I get what you meant now.
vV5jbm.png
@Cognitive Yep. @MorRioghan Your defenses are just making your motivations even more unclear. It's all the same basic principle of lynching. I'm in favour of making an effort to find someone to lynch every day, the fact that this happens to be D1 doesn't have much impact on that. You vote to lynch, so talking about voting is within the same ballpark. We're all talking about the same thing, essentially- splitting it up into voting, D1 lynching and D2 lynching is just complicated things for no reason. And that is [i]not[/i] doing town any favours. Also- editing your posts is not allowed, check the rules. It's stupidly easy to edit out a slip, so every edit is viewed as suspicious - that's why it's against the rules. [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2019-04-01 21:01:45" ] 7. Do not edit or delete posts. Double-posts are the only exception to this rule. [/quote] @StormDreamer You underestimate me >:) And Morri broke a rule, what happens?
@Cognitive
Yep.

@MorRioghan
Your defenses are just making your motivations even more unclear.

It's all the same basic principle of lynching. I'm in favour of making an effort to find someone to lynch every day, the fact that this happens to be D1 doesn't have much impact on that. You vote to lynch, so talking about voting is within the same ballpark. We're all talking about the same thing, essentially- splitting it up into voting, D1 lynching and D2 lynching is just complicated things for no reason. And that is not doing town any favours.

Also- editing your posts is not allowed, check the rules. It's stupidly easy to edit out a slip, so every edit is viewed as suspicious - that's why it's against the rules.
StormDreamer wrote on 2019-04-01 21:01:45:
7. Do not edit or delete posts. Double-posts are the only exception to this rule.

@StormDreamer
You underestimate me >:)

And Morri broke a rule, what happens?
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
Will post tomorrow, need to sleep. :) See you in a bit! Good to see some familiar faces buzzing around!
Will post tomorrow, need to sleep. :) See you in a bit! Good to see some familiar faces buzzing around!
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="Nerasis" date="2019-04-02 17:55:02" ] @/Cognitive Yep. @/MorRioghan Your defenses are just making your motivations even more unclear. It's all the same basic principle of lynching. I'm in favour of making an effort to find someone to lynch every day, the fact that this happens to be D1 doesn't have much impact on that. You vote to lynch, so talking about voting is within the same ballpark. We're all talking about the same thing, essentially- splitting it up into voting, D1 lynching and D2 lynching is just complicated things for no reason. And that is [i]not[/i] doing town any favours. Also- editing your posts is not allowed, check the rules. It's stupidly easy to edit out a slip, so every edit is viewed as suspicious - that's why it's against the rules. [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2019-04-01 21:01:45" ] 7. Do not edit or delete posts. Double-posts are the only exception to this rule. [/quote] @/StormDreamer You underestimate me >:) And Morri broke a rule, what happens? [/quote] They're not defenses.. it was the truth. You can look back at all my posts, I'm sorry you misinterpreted. Side note, no one had read it yet, I didn't want to double post so quickly. Sorry for that slip.
Nerasis wrote on 2019-04-02 17:55:02:
@/Cognitive
Yep.

@/MorRioghan
Your defenses are just making your motivations even more unclear.

It's all the same basic principle of lynching. I'm in favour of making an effort to find someone to lynch every day, the fact that this happens to be D1 doesn't have much impact on that. You vote to lynch, so talking about voting is within the same ballpark. We're all talking about the same thing, essentially- splitting it up into voting, D1 lynching and D2 lynching is just complicated things for no reason. And that is not doing town any favours.

Also- editing your posts is not allowed, check the rules. It's stupidly easy to edit out a slip, so every edit is viewed as suspicious - that's why it's against the rules.
StormDreamer wrote on 2019-04-01 21:01:45:
7. Do not edit or delete posts. Double-posts are the only exception to this rule.

@/StormDreamer
You underestimate me >:)

And Morri broke a rule, what happens?

They're not defenses.. it was the truth. You can look back at all my posts, I'm sorry you misinterpreted.

Side note, no one had read it yet, I didn't want to double post so quickly. Sorry for that slip.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
@Nerasis
Perhaps you are overestimating yourself? :3

@MorRioghan
It's kinda my fault because I did want to put a reminder about not editing/deleting posts in my first post but I forgot haha :3

So don't worry~

Try not to edit posts again--I'll let you off this time but I'm going to roleblock (prevent actioning) if this rule is broken again. This applies to everyone else as well!
@Nerasis
Perhaps you are overestimating yourself? :3

@MorRioghan
It's kinda my fault because I did want to put a reminder about not editing/deleting posts in my first post but I forgot haha :3

So don't worry~

Try not to edit posts again--I'll let you off this time but I'm going to roleblock (prevent actioning) if this rule is broken again. This applies to everyone else as well!
jghAv2V.png
@StormDreamer what exactly does it mean when it says double-posts are the only exception to this rule?
@StormDreamer what exactly does it mean when it says double-posts are the only exception to this rule?
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
@Stormdreamer God put us in this doom cage so i have plenty of reason to want to punch him now, for the @Shimmerwing defense post [quote name="@Nerasis" date="2019-04-02 12:43:09" ] -snip- Also - Shimmer was the one who posted the questionnaire. It starts the conversation and is generally seen as a town thing to do - but on the flipside of this, it makes an excellent cover for a member of the mafia posing as a helpful townie. -snip- [/quote] I don't like to judge based on whoever puts up a questionnaire or what's on it, because regardless of which side I'm on, I'll whip one up if no one else has yet. The questions are just the ones I see most people do. (Someone'll make one eventually, so I might as well do it... That kind of thinking.) I don't like the wishy-washy tone here either. Like, "it could mean they're town, or it could mean they're scum." [b]What's the point of picking it out if it doesn't lead to anything? [/b] [s]^bolded since it's the only thing relating to the ping, the other stuff was mainly observation that didn't relate to nera himself [/s] [quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2019-04-02 02:51:18" ] -snip- Thoughts on inactivity Please don't lurk. yes, you can be busy irl, but when other players see that you've been active on other forums, it doesn't feel that well to me. what are your intentions? in short, even though stormy the mod will modkill inactive players, [b]those who make little to no useful posts should be lynched[/b] [/quote] @MagykalWagykal [quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2019-04-02 16:43:02" ] -snip- I mean to lynch those who "fluff" too much and make no actual contribution to the scumhunting, not those who are inactive (I mean, I'm not stupid to the extent that I'll be advocating lynches on inactive people >:0) [/quote] It's pretty clear that Shimmer didn't mean to lynch inactive people. I guess the phrasing is a little confusing with the "even though", but saying little to no [i]helpful[/i] posts implies other posts are present, but unhelpful. The only really awkward thing I've seen shimmer do this game is the "my playstyle is just weird" thing, but that's more awkward than scum. Like the thing with being the questionnaire sus, it's 50/50 whether it's an excuse for being scummy or just someone being awkward in the game. unrelated, but i find this series of quotes rather funny: [img]https://i.imgur.com/bhXjHFf.png[/img]
@Stormdreamer

God put us in this doom cage so i have plenty of reason to want to punch him

now, for the @Shimmerwing defense post
@Nerasis wrote on 2019-04-02 12:43:09:

-snip-

Also - Shimmer was the one who posted the questionnaire. It starts the conversation and is generally seen as a town thing to do - but on the flipside of this, it makes an excellent cover for a member of the mafia posing as a helpful townie.

-snip-

I don't like to judge based on whoever puts up a questionnaire or what's on it, because regardless of which side I'm on, I'll whip one up if no one else has yet. The questions are just the ones I see most people do.
(Someone'll make one eventually, so I might as well do it... That kind of thinking.)

I don't like the wishy-washy tone here either. Like, "it could mean they're town, or it could mean they're scum." What's the point of picking it out if it doesn't lead to anything?
^bolded since it's the only thing relating to the ping, the other stuff was mainly observation that didn't relate to nera himself

Shimmerwing wrote on 2019-04-02 02:51:18:

-snip-

Thoughts on inactivity
Please don't lurk. yes, you can be busy irl, but when other players see that you've been active on other forums, it doesn't feel that well to me. what are your intentions? in short, even though stormy the mod will modkill inactive players, those who make little to no useful posts should be lynched
@MagykalWagykal
Shimmerwing wrote on 2019-04-02 16:43:02:
-snip-

I mean to lynch those who "fluff" too much and make no actual contribution to the scumhunting, not those who are inactive (I mean, I'm not stupid to the extent that I'll be advocating lynches on inactive people >:0)

It's pretty clear that Shimmer didn't mean to lynch inactive people. I guess the phrasing is a little confusing with the "even though", but saying little to no helpful posts implies other posts are present, but unhelpful.

The only really awkward thing I've seen shimmer do this game is the "my playstyle is just weird" thing, but that's more awkward than scum. Like the thing with being the questionnaire sus, it's 50/50 whether it's an excuse for being scummy or just someone being awkward in the game.

unrelated, but i find this series of quotes rather funny:
bhXjHFf.png
@MorRioghan

Sometimes if you click submit and it doesn't load, you get angry and click it again, resulting in 2+ identical posts when it does eventually load. If that happens, you're allowed to delete one of the copies.
@MorRioghan

Sometimes if you click submit and it doesn't load, you get angry and click it again, resulting in 2+ identical posts when it does eventually load. If that happens, you're allowed to delete one of the copies.
@Comba

Oof I think I do that quite often in older games - claiming that my playstyle is weird, but now I think it changed a bit...?

Also @Stormdreamer

(Casually takes out cooking supplies) Would you like a deep-fried god, sautéed god or steamed god? Oh, and maybe with a side of mashed potatoes and veggies!

If you're for D1 lynches, it's time to debate who should be lynched for info!!
@Comba

Oof I think I do that quite often in older games - claiming that my playstyle is weird, but now I think it changed a bit...?

Also @Stormdreamer

(Casually takes out cooking supplies) Would you like a deep-fried god, sautéed god or steamed god? Oh, and maybe with a side of mashed potatoes and veggies!

If you're for D1 lynches, it's time to debate who should be lynched for info!!
9wQxglT.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44