Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN]What On Earth Is Going On Discussio
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
Hey, sorry for the late introduction, I was pretty busy last night. I'm MorRioghan, or you can call me Morri, I don't care much.

This is my first game of Mafia on Flight Rising ever, though I do have to say I'm fairly new regardless. My Timezone is EST, so FR -3 or 4 I think? As for the questions...

Opinions on D1 Lynches?: I think there's something to be said about gut feelings. D1 lynches can sometimes be good, sometimes be a bit unfair. I think it really depends more on the group you're playing with. Set out the rules first, make them clear, and then either way I don't care much.

Opinion on Sheeping?: Well I wasn't exactly sure what sheeping was to begin with, but I guess playing meek and making mistakes? Just going with the crowd? I usually find that people who are sheeping or not putting themselves out there are generally the ones with stuff to hide, although sometimes they're just indecisive and think that group may have a better idea of what's going on. It certainly depends on the person, I suppose. Human psychology.. is it a bluff? Double bluff? Triple bluff? The world may never know.

Thoughts on Inactivity?: Inactivity is a bit sad. I, of course, try to be as active as I can, but there are times when I simply cannot make it on. I go to bed before the new rollover. I do think for common courtesy to all the players that you should be active, and if you're not active, either lynched or subbed with someone else.
Hey, sorry for the late introduction, I was pretty busy last night. I'm MorRioghan, or you can call me Morri, I don't care much.

This is my first game of Mafia on Flight Rising ever, though I do have to say I'm fairly new regardless. My Timezone is EST, so FR -3 or 4 I think? As for the questions...

Opinions on D1 Lynches?: I think there's something to be said about gut feelings. D1 lynches can sometimes be good, sometimes be a bit unfair. I think it really depends more on the group you're playing with. Set out the rules first, make them clear, and then either way I don't care much.

Opinion on Sheeping?: Well I wasn't exactly sure what sheeping was to begin with, but I guess playing meek and making mistakes? Just going with the crowd? I usually find that people who are sheeping or not putting themselves out there are generally the ones with stuff to hide, although sometimes they're just indecisive and think that group may have a better idea of what's going on. It certainly depends on the person, I suppose. Human psychology.. is it a bluff? Double bluff? Triple bluff? The world may never know.

Thoughts on Inactivity?: Inactivity is a bit sad. I, of course, try to be as active as I can, but there are times when I simply cannot make it on. I go to bed before the new rollover. I do think for common courtesy to all the players that you should be active, and if you're not active, either lynched or subbed with someone else.
. im.pngloptr.png ..ygfZJJN.png....... nyctos lore workshop
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- jk im an everything nerd
- intp capricorn
Hello, you may call me Ember. I'm two hours ahead of FR and am female.

What’s your opinion on D1 lynches?

Not really a big fan of it.

What about sheeping?

Try not to do it. If you don’t know who to vote for, don’t vote.

Thoughts on inactivity?

Storm will probably modkill them anyway. I won’t lynch anyone just because they’re lurking, but I’ll call them out if I see them posting on another thread.

What about sheeping?

Thoughts on inactivity?

Storm will probably modkill them anyway. I won’t lynch anyone just because they’re lurking, but I’ll call them out if I see them posting on another thread.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
[quote name="@EmbertheSkywing" date="2019-04-02 11:06:59" ] Hello, you may call me Ember. I'm two hours ahead of FR and am female. What’s your opinion on D1 lynches? Not really a big fan of it. What about sheeping? [b]Try not to do it. If you don’t know who to vote for, don’t vote.[/b] Thoughts on inactivity? Storm will probably modkill them anyway. I won’t lynch anyone just because they’re lurking, but I’ll call them out if I see them posting on another thread. [/quote] This I have to disagree with. Voting, even if it's a sheep vote, is better than not voting. While it's not the case in this game, a majority non voters sometimes means no lynch.
@EmbertheSkywing wrote on 2019-04-02 11:06:59:

What about sheeping?

Thoughts on inactivity?

This I have to disagree with. Voting, even if it's a sheep vote, is better than not voting. While it's not the case in this game, a majority non voters sometimes means no lynch.
Also, while I don't think this is of particular consequence at the moment, I'm only going to be active from ~16FRT to ~20FRT in the following days. I'm here right now because I was too stressed to go to my classes today
Also, while I don't think this is of particular consequence at the moment, I'm only going to be active from ~16FRT to ~20FRT in the following days. I'm here right now because I was too stressed to go to my classes today
[quote name="Comba" date="2019-04-02 11:19:34" ] [quote name="@EmbertheSkywing" date="2019-04-02 11:06:59" ] Hello, you may call me Ember. I'm two hours ahead of FR and am female. What’s your opinion on D1 lynches? Not really a big fan of it. What about sheeping? [b]Try not to do it. If you don’t know who to vote for, don’t vote.[/b] Thoughts on inactivity? Storm will probably modkill them anyway. I won’t lynch anyone just because they’re lurking, but I’ll call them out if I see them posting on another thread. [/quote] This I have to disagree with. Voting, even if it's a sheep vote, is better than not voting. While it's not the case in this game, a majority non voters sometimes means no lynch. [/quote] A non-vote, if anything, helps the Mafia. Although it doesn't end in the potential for the accidental lynching of someone outside the Mafia, it also allows the Mafia another turn without getting lynched themselves. I think I have to agree with Comba, that non-voting is worse than sheeping.
Comba wrote on 2019-04-02 11:19:34:
@EmbertheSkywing wrote on 2019-04-02 11:06:59:

What about sheeping?

Thoughts on inactivity?

This I have to disagree with. Voting, even if it's a sheep vote, is better than not voting. While it's not the case in this game, a majority non voters sometimes means no lynch.

A non-vote, if anything, helps the Mafia. Although it doesn't end in the potential for the accidental lynching of someone outside the Mafia, it also allows the Mafia another turn without getting lynched themselves. I think I have to agree with Comba, that non-voting is worse than sheeping.
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- intp capricorn
What are your opinions on D1 lynches?
Generally useful. If it goes bad, we can look back to see why and get leads to help us later on.

How about sheeping?
It's a very effective scum tactic. If you're town, you should make an effort to input your own ideas to contribute to the discussion.

Thoughts on inactivity
You signed up to play, right? So play. I'm here for battles of wits, not to just sit around and wait for something to happen. Inactivity is either a sign of bad town, or weak scum.

@MagykalWagykal made some interesting points about @Shimmerwing - most notably pointing out the fact that Shimmer advocates lynching inactives who are set to be modkilled anyway. Yes, that is a complete waste of a lynch.

Also - Shimmer was the one who posted the questionnaire. It starts the conversation and is generally seen as a town thing to do - but on the flipside of this, it makes an excellent cover for a member of the mafia posing as a helpful townie.

On another note. I haven't been around these parts for a while, as I've said, but you've taken an awfully aggressive stand from the start, Magy. Is this typical behaviour for you, or are you trying something new? Attentive townies are a useful asset, but I don't remember seeing anything like this from you last time I was around. Also - since you have a couple loose leads, are there any who you would suggest for a D1 lynch?
Generally useful. If it goes bad, we can look back to see why and get leads to help us later on.

How about sheeping?
It's a very effective scum tactic. If you're town, you should make an effort to input your own ideas to contribute to the discussion.

Thoughts on inactivity
You signed up to play, right? So play. I'm here for battles of wits, not to just sit around and wait for something to happen. Inactivity is either a sign of bad town, or weak scum.

@MagykalWagykal made some interesting points about @Shimmerwing - most notably pointing out the fact that Shimmer advocates lynching inactives who are set to be modkilled anyway. Yes, that is a complete waste of a lynch.

Also - Shimmer was the one who posted the questionnaire. It starts the conversation and is generally seen as a town thing to do - but on the flipside of this, it makes an excellent cover for a member of the mafia posing as a helpful townie.

On another note. I haven't been around these parts for a while, as I've said, but you've taken an awfully aggressive stand from the start, Magy. Is this typical behaviour for you, or are you trying something new? Attentive townies are a useful asset, but I don't remember seeing anything like this from you last time I was around. Also - since you have a couple loose leads, are there any who you would suggest for a D1 lynch?
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
@Solcie
Your little bit of roleplay amused me - I really like Storm's flavour, so it was nice to see someone interacting with it. However, it comes at a cost. Roleplay incites conversation, yes, but it also decreases the quality and content of actual discussion. I'd recommend trying to limit it to once per day cycle. My persona for this game is a chill science dude, with a black turtleneck and a white labcoat. Well... Plus the whole vampire idol deal lmao.

@StormDreamer my dear mod, what does the world look like inside our little snowglobe of doom? And do the mafia have proper motivation for killing people? If not, what's to stop us from all banding together to kill the child goddess instead?

@Comba
Nice to see you again, it's been a while. The rambles about guilt are very relatable, but I will not allow myself to be so easily charmed. In situations where someone is inactive, the best course of action to inspire activity tends to be pinging someone and asking a simple question relating to the game. If they've been reading along they can then answer without too much stress.

Both you and @MorRioghan are rather vocal about supporting D1 lynches - are either of you looking at anyone in particular, or are you all bark and no bite?
@Solcie
Your little bit of roleplay amused me - I really like Storm's flavour, so it was nice to see someone interacting with it. However, it comes at a cost. Roleplay incites conversation, yes, but it also decreases the quality and content of actual discussion. I'd recommend trying to limit it to once per day cycle. My persona for this game is a chill science dude, with a black turtleneck and a white labcoat. Well... Plus the whole vampire idol deal lmao.

@StormDreamer my dear mod, what does the world look like inside our little snowglobe of doom? And do the mafia have proper motivation for killing people? If not, what's to stop us from all banding together to kill the child goddess instead?

@Comba
Nice to see you again, it's been a while. The rambles about guilt are very relatable, but I will not allow myself to be so easily charmed. In situations where someone is inactive, the best course of action to inspire activity tends to be pinging someone and asking a simple question relating to the game. If they've been reading along they can then answer without too much stress.

Both you and @MorRioghan are rather vocal about supporting D1 lynches - are either of you looking at anyone in particular, or are you all bark and no bite?
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
@nerasis

there's a fat three pages at the moment so I'm waiting before I decide on anyone to try and pull a lynch on

bark bark bark
@nerasis

there's a fat three pages at the moment so I'm waiting before I decide on anyone to try and pull a lynch on

bark bark bark
[quote name="Nerasis" date="2019-04-02 13:14:01" ] Both you and @/MorRioghan are rather vocal about supporting D1 lynches - are either of you looking at anyone in particular, or are you all bark and no bite? [/quote] @nerasis I'm not necessarily in favor for or against them. There's no one in particular that I'm looking at yet. So far, there haven't been too many people speaking all that highly or strategically, or at least I don't think so. I saw one person mention a "weird" playing style, which could be trying to draw off suspicion from future posts. Otherwise, I don't have any full belief in someone to lynch. I will shoot the same question back at you though. You support them, anyone you're looking at?
Nerasis wrote on 2019-04-02 13:14:01:
Both you and @/MorRioghan are rather vocal about supporting D1 lynches - are either of you looking at anyone in particular, or are you all bark and no bite?

@nerasis
I'm not necessarily in favor for or against them. There's no one in particular that I'm looking at yet. So far, there haven't been too many people speaking all that highly or strategically, or at least I don't think so. I saw one person mention a "weird" playing style, which could be trying to draw off suspicion from future posts. Otherwise, I don't have any full belief in someone to lynch.

I will shoot the same question back at you though. You support them, anyone you're looking at?
- she/her bisexual
- wholock/marvel nerd
- intp capricorn
All right, I'm back and ready for action (Rider, sir)! As I said, I am Cog. I don't really have a preference when it comes to pronouns. I can best be found between 17:00 FRT and 20:00 FRT, but I'll check in during breaks at work. With that said:

I like day one lynches. I feel it sets a pace for the game and helps provide information. I don't like completely random lynches, though, so I like there's already some content in the thread. I need to read that over still.

How about sheeping?
I feel like some people misconstrue agreeing with someone as sheeping. It's fine to agree with points that others might bring up. As for actual sheeping, just heaping on a vote with no thought of your own, I don't think it's a good method of playing.

Thoughts on inactivity
Please be active! I get real life coming first, but you signed up for this game.

@EccentricElf23 I think the best way to not sheep is to offer your own opinions. If something feels off about something, speak up about it. If you agree with someone, say why. As a side note, will you be answering Shimmer's other questions?
All right, I'm back and ready for action (Rider, sir)! As I said, I am Cog. I don't really have a preference when it comes to pronouns. I can best be found between 17:00 FRT and 20:00 FRT, but I'll check in during breaks at work. With that said:

I like day one lynches. I feel it sets a pace for the game and helps provide information. I don't like completely random lynches, though, so I like there's already some content in the thread. I need to read that over still.

How about sheeping?
I feel like some people misconstrue agreeing with someone as sheeping. It's fine to agree with points that others might bring up. As for actual sheeping, just heaping on a vote with no thought of your own, I don't think it's a good method of playing.

Thoughts on inactivity
Please be active! I get real life coming first, but you signed up for this game.

@EccentricElf23 I think the best way to not sheep is to offer your own opinions. If something feels off about something, speak up about it. If you agree with someone, say why. As a side note, will you be answering Shimmer's other questions?
vV5jbm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44