TOPIC | [FIN]What On Earth Is Going On Discussio
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
What On Earth Is Going On
A mafia game with a horrible story line
Signups l Discussion l Lynch

tap.

tap.

tap.

A frustrated nnnnrgh escaped from the corner of the child's throat. The child had been given an assignment: to conduct research on the beings living down there on Planet E and write a story featuring those... what was the name again--humans?

The teacher said that it is some sort of task to "develop compassion for lesser existences", but the child did not understand why. They spend their lives pondering over questions that are just simple textbook questions that I could solve when I was six!

The child's frustration grew and grew, and soon, it became a tantrum. What seemed to her as glass bowls and sticks were flung around mercilessly. Her rage would go away only after each and every object in the room was destroyed.

Little did the child know that her actions are causing calmaties on all life on the land below her.

The Overseer sensed a fluctuation in the energies of his planet, and frowned. His daughter must have been throwing another tantrum. Even though he did not care much for the beings there, humans provided them with energy through their prayers, so having the human race wiped out would not be beneficial to him.

Sighing, he pushed the door open to his daughter's room and his heart clenched in worry. what if the glass shards on the floor hurt her? But after a moment he realized that there was nothing to worry about--the numerous artifacts that he had given to her previously offered her the best protection.

His hand gently caressed her face lovingly, trying to smoothen out the wrinkles on her face caused by her frown.

"What is wrong, sweetheart?"

The child pouted and began to speak of the assignment that the teacher assigned.

The Overseer paused for a moment to think of a way to calm his precious child down, and an idea soon popped into his mind.

"Here, take this," he said lovingly, pushing a crystal globe (reinforced with numerous talismans so that it doesn't smash easily, considering the nature of his daughter) onto her arms.

"I'll transfer twelve humans into this little world inside the crystal globe. You can observe them and use that as material for your writing assignment. In return, you cannot smash any more items. How does that sound?"

The child beamed and hugged her father. The Overseer smiled amicably and placed a hand on the crystal globe. Soon, twelve streaks of light entered into the globe and manifested into twelve human beings. The child's mouth widened in excitement and pressed her face on the globe, to get a closer look on the human beings in the globe.

...where... are you?

You stand up groggily, and see a giant eye in the sky.

This has got to be a dream, right?
What On Earth Is Going On
A mafia game with a horrible story line
Signups l Discussion l Lynch

tap.

tap.

tap.

A frustrated nnnnrgh escaped from the corner of the child's throat. The child had been given an assignment: to conduct research on the beings living down there on Planet E and write a story featuring those... what was the name again--humans?

The teacher said that it is some sort of task to "develop compassion for lesser existences", but the child did not understand why. They spend their lives pondering over questions that are just simple textbook questions that I could solve when I was six!

The child's frustration grew and grew, and soon, it became a tantrum. What seemed to her as glass bowls and sticks were flung around mercilessly. Her rage would go away only after each and every object in the room was destroyed.

Little did the child know that her actions are causing calmaties on all life on the land below her.

The Overseer sensed a fluctuation in the energies of his planet, and frowned. His daughter must have been throwing another tantrum. Even though he did not care much for the beings there, humans provided them with energy through their prayers, so having the human race wiped out would not be beneficial to him.

Sighing, he pushed the door open to his daughter's room and his heart clenched in worry. what if the glass shards on the floor hurt her? But after a moment he realized that there was nothing to worry about--the numerous artifacts that he had given to her previously offered her the best protection.

His hand gently caressed her face lovingly, trying to smoothen out the wrinkles on her face caused by her frown.

"What is wrong, sweetheart?"

The child pouted and began to speak of the assignment that the teacher assigned.

The Overseer paused for a moment to think of a way to calm his precious child down, and an idea soon popped into his mind.

"Here, take this," he said lovingly, pushing a crystal globe (reinforced with numerous talismans so that it doesn't smash easily, considering the nature of his daughter) onto her arms.

"I'll transfer twelve humans into this little world inside the crystal globe. You can observe them and use that as material for your writing assignment. In return, you cannot smash any more items. How does that sound?"

The child beamed and hugged her father. The Overseer smiled amicably and placed a hand on the crystal globe. Soon, twelve streaks of light entered into the globe and manifested into twelve human beings. The child's mouth widened in excitement and pressed her face on the globe, to get a closer look on the human beings in the globe.

...where... are you?

You stand up groggily, and see a giant eye in the sky.

This has got to be a dream, right?
jghAv2V.png
Rules:
1. All FR rules apply to this game as well~ Don't break 'em.
2. Be courteous to each other! This is a mafia game and there will be accusations, but do not offend the player personally. If anyone feels offended (even if it's by me!), do not hesitate to PM me on FR or Discord.
3. Don't copy and paste/ screenshot anything the mod tells you privately. This includes rolecards and anything the mod tells you in your QT.
4. I've put a lot of effort into putting this game together! Please respect me and your fellow players, and don't gamethrow (go against your wincon).
5. You are required to post at least three times per day cycle (day+night). This means three posts every 72 hours. Storm is not a cruel, heartless monster though, so I'll make exceptions to this if needed.
6. Mod is not lynchable. Sorry guys <3
7. Do not edit or delete posts. Double-posts are the only exception to this rule.
8. No out of thread communication allowed unless it is in mod-created quicktopics, whether it is with other players or subs. You may talk to specs about the game but they must not reply.
8. I'll add more rules as I see fit later. Respect the spirit of the rules and don't try to find loopholes through them.

Information:
1. This game will run on a 48/24 cycle (meaning that in-game days would be 48 hours long, and in-game nights would be 24 hours long), with lockdown happening at rollover.
2. The player with the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie, RNG will decide who dies.
3. This game is non-rp, meaning that roleplaying is not encouraged.
4. This game is non-b*stard--I will not intentionally lie to you. However, roles such as godfather and/or miller may exist.
4. There will be no flavor hints, so there is no need to sift through my horrible writing for clues.
5. Lynch votes are to be submitted before EoTD. Night actions are to be submitted before EoTN.
Rules:
1. All FR rules apply to this game as well~ Don't break 'em.
2. Be courteous to each other! This is a mafia game and there will be accusations, but do not offend the player personally. If anyone feels offended (even if it's by me!), do not hesitate to PM me on FR or Discord.
3. Don't copy and paste/ screenshot anything the mod tells you privately. This includes rolecards and anything the mod tells you in your QT.
4. I've put a lot of effort into putting this game together! Please respect me and your fellow players, and don't gamethrow (go against your wincon).
5. You are required to post at least three times per day cycle (day+night). This means three posts every 72 hours. Storm is not a cruel, heartless monster though, so I'll make exceptions to this if needed.
6. Mod is not lynchable. Sorry guys <3
7. Do not edit or delete posts. Double-posts are the only exception to this rule.
8. No out of thread communication allowed unless it is in mod-created quicktopics, whether it is with other players or subs. You may talk to specs about the game but they must not reply.
8. I'll add more rules as I see fit later. Respect the spirit of the rules and don't try to find loopholes through them.

Information:
1. This game will run on a 48/24 cycle (meaning that in-game days would be 48 hours long, and in-game nights would be 24 hours long), with lockdown happening at rollover.
2. The player with the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie, RNG will decide who dies.
3. This game is non-rp, meaning that roleplaying is not encouraged.
4. This game is non-b*stard--I will not intentionally lie to you. However, roles such as godfather and/or miller may exist.
4. There will be no flavor hints, so there is no need to sift through my horrible writing for clues.
5. Lynch votes are to be submitted before EoTD. Night actions are to be submitted before EoTN.
jghAv2V.png
Links:
SoTD1 l EoTD1
SoTD2 l EoTD2
SoTD3 l EoTD3
SoTD4 l EoTD4
EoTD5
Players:
1. MorRioghan
2. Comba Killed N3, Town Roleblocker
3. EccentricElf23 SkyDancer10
4. Shimmerwing Lynched D1, Town Doublevoter
5. Shadowlugia711 Lynched D2, Town Fruit Vendor
6. V88 Lynched D3, Town Watcher
7. EmberTheSkywing
8. Nerasis Killed N2, Town Tracker
9. MagykalWagykal Killed N3, Mafia Rolecop
10. Cognitive Shot D4, Mafia 3-shot Ninja
11. Sevlyna Killed N4, Town Jailer
12. Solcie Lynched D4, Town Hunter

Subs:
1. Agrina
2. Skydancer10
3. PinkyDaPinkSlime

Specs:
1. Maithax
2. Luxurious
3. Tanglefire
Links:
SoTD1 l EoTD1
SoTD2 l EoTD2
SoTD3 l EoTD3
SoTD4 l EoTD4
EoTD5
Players:
1. MorRioghan
2. Comba Killed N3, Town Roleblocker
3. EccentricElf23 SkyDancer10
4. Shimmerwing Lynched D1, Town Doublevoter
5. Shadowlugia711 Lynched D2, Town Fruit Vendor
6. V88 Lynched D3, Town Watcher
7. EmberTheSkywing
8. Nerasis Killed N2, Town Tracker
9. MagykalWagykal Killed N3, Mafia Rolecop
10. Cognitive Shot D4, Mafia 3-shot Ninja
11. Sevlyna Killed N4, Town Jailer
12. Solcie Lynched D4, Town Hunter

Subs:
1. Agrina
2. Skydancer10
3. PinkyDaPinkSlime

Specs:
1. Maithax
2. Luxurious
3. Tanglefire
jghAv2V.png
Players: @MorRioghan @Comba @EccentricElf23 @Shimmerwing @Shadowlugia711 @V88 @EmberTheSkywing @MagykalWagykal @Nerasis @Cognitive @Sevlyna @Solcie
Subs: @Agrina
Specs: @Maithax @Luxurious
Start Of Day 1

"Look, daddy! The humans are starting to move!" The child exclaimed in excitement.

Indeed, inside the glass sphere, the twelve humans have seemed to have lost their sluggishness and started to move and congregate into a circle. The corners of The Overseer's lips curled up. This was all going according to his plan.

"What are they doing, daddy?"

"I wanted this to be interesting for you, sweetheart. They have all been given a...gift and a mission of their own. Very soon, you will see them fight each other."

"So I can write my story for my homework! You're the best, daddy!" The child's eyes turned into crescent moons as she beamed at her father.

The Overseer's gaze was warm as he ruffled the child's hair. It had expended quite a bit of energy to conjure up this dome, but seeing his daughter being happy made it worth the while. If he were to make the choice again, he would agree in a heartbeat.

Day 1 has begun! You may begin posting.
Day 1 will end on 00FRT, 4 April 2019. Lynch votes submitted after this will not be counted.
Players: @MorRioghan @Comba @EccentricElf23 @Shimmerwing @Shadowlugia711 @V88 @EmberTheSkywing @MagykalWagykal @Nerasis @Cognitive @Sevlyna @Solcie
Subs: @Agrina
Specs: @Maithax @Luxurious
Start Of Day 1

"Look, daddy! The humans are starting to move!" The child exclaimed in excitement.

Indeed, inside the glass sphere, the twelve humans have seemed to have lost their sluggishness and started to move and congregate into a circle. The corners of The Overseer's lips curled up. This was all going according to his plan.

"What are they doing, daddy?"

"I wanted this to be interesting for you, sweetheart. They have all been given a...gift and a mission of their own. Very soon, you will see them fight each other."

"So I can write my story for my homework! You're the best, daddy!" The child's eyes turned into crescent moons as she beamed at her father.

The Overseer's gaze was warm as he ruffled the child's hair. It had expended quite a bit of energy to conjure up this dome, but seeing his daughter being happy made it worth the while. If he were to make the choice again, he would agree in a heartbeat.

Day 1 has begun! You may begin posting.
Day 1 will end on 00FRT, 4 April 2019. Lynch votes submitted after this will not be counted.
jghAv2V.png
Welcome to the game, everyone! Your rolecards should already have been sent out--please tell me if you have not received your rolecard or I have made a mistake in linking the necessary quicktopics! If you have any questions about your role, please ask me in your personal quicktopic! Since there are quite a few new faces I see, I'm going to give ya'll a quick reminder that you are not allowed to copy and paste your rolecards or anything in your quicktopics to this thread. :) The lynch thread is linked in the first post! Don't forget to vote before the day ends! Also--I did not mention this earlier before but when you die, your rolecard will be shown in the thread (minus the quicktopic links, of course). Here's what an example death would look like: [b]Stormdreamer has been killed. She was [color=green]town modgod[/color].[/b] [quote]Welcome to the game, Stormdreamer! You are aligned with the [color=green]town[/color]. You win when all members of the mafia are eliminated, and at least one member of the town is alive. Every night, you can smite players with your lightning bolt if they have not reached the post requirement. This is your quicktopic for mod communications. Do not share any links to quicktopics with other people. Good luck, Stormdreamer![/quote]
Welcome to the game, everyone! Your rolecards should already have been sent out--please tell me if you have not received your rolecard or I have made a mistake in linking the necessary quicktopics!

If you have any questions about your role, please ask me in your personal quicktopic!

Since there are quite a few new faces I see, I'm going to give ya'll a quick reminder that you are not allowed to copy and paste your rolecards or anything in your quicktopics to this thread. :)

The lynch thread is linked in the first post! Don't forget to vote before the day ends!

Also--I did not mention this earlier before but when you die, your rolecard will be shown in the thread (minus the quicktopic links, of course).

Here's what an example death would look like:
Stormdreamer has been killed. She was town modgod.
Quote:
Welcome to the game, Stormdreamer! You are aligned with the town. You win when all members of the mafia are eliminated, and at least one member of the town is alive.

Every night, you can smite players with your lightning bolt if they have not reached the post requirement.

This is your quicktopic for mod communications.
Do not share any links to quicktopics with other people.

Good luck, Stormdreamer!
jghAv2V.png
I'm gonna go to bed soon, just popping here to say hello real quick. I'll post more tomorrow but I'll be pretty busy for the next few days so I might not be as talkative as usual until day 2.
I'm gonna go to bed soon, just popping here to say hello real quick. I'll post more tomorrow but I'll be pretty busy for the next few days so I might not be as talkative as usual until day 2.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
I know roleplay isn't encouraged but it's a great way to start a conversation so....
-
I looked around at everyone's faces, I counted twelve of us in total. There was an awkward silence surrounding us. I took it as a sign to break the silence.
"Since we'll be stuck living together like it were some reality TV show for quite some time. Let's start introductions with names, I'll go first." I cough into my closed fist, what a time to be sick. "My name is Solcie, and you all are?"
I know roleplay isn't encouraged but it's a great way to start a conversation so....
-
I looked around at everyone's faces, I counted twelve of us in total. There was an awkward silence surrounding us. I took it as a sign to break the silence.
"Since we'll be stuck living together like it were some reality TV show for quite some time. Let's start introductions with names, I'll go first." I cough into my closed fist, what a time to be sick. "My name is Solcie, and you all are?"
AwS14z9.png
"The enormity of the universe filled him with a strange sweet woe."
—Cormac McCarthy, Suttree
Hewwo!

So many familiar faces ah, I hope y'all won't hate me >:0

Let's start with introductions!

Name: Shimmerwing (Shimmer)
Pronouns: They/them
Timezone: FR+15

I've seen most of you in older games :D
But just a heads up, I cannot be VERY active, as there are quite a lot of tests in school for me right now and they're pretty important for irl me :( so please, ping me to notify me!
(Looks at rolecard) Yeet.
Hewwo!

So many familiar faces ah, I hope y'all won't hate me >:0

Let's start with introductions!

Name: Shimmerwing (Shimmer)
Pronouns: They/them
Timezone: FR+15

I've seen most of you in older games :D
But just a heads up, I cannot be VERY active, as there are quite a lot of tests in school for me right now and they're pretty important for irl me :( so please, ping me to notify me!
(Looks at rolecard) Yeet.
9wQxglT.png
also a few quick questions!
(i'm usually on mobile so please forgive my typos uwu)

What are your opinions on D1 lynches?
To be honest, D1 lynches to me are for information. it gives insight on who's pushing the lynches, whether it was a bandwagon (forgive me, my terms are blurry), or if some players sheep (can be an indicator of mafia!)

How about sheeping?
meh. for those who might not know (again, i don't know some of you), sheeping means to agree with someone's opinion WITHOUT any concrete evidence like reads or even playstyle analysis.
for me, sheeping is pretty much not a welcoming gesture, as the sheeper may be mafia pretending to be town (eek), so i don't mind lynching sheepers!

Thoughts on inactivity
Please don't lurk. yes, you can be busy irl, but when other players see that you've been active on other forums, it doesn't feel that well to me. what are your intentions? in short, even though stormy the mod will modkill inactive players, those who make little to no useful posts should be lynched
also a few quick questions!
(i'm usually on mobile so please forgive my typos uwu)

What are your opinions on D1 lynches?
To be honest, D1 lynches to me are for information. it gives insight on who's pushing the lynches, whether it was a bandwagon (forgive me, my terms are blurry), or if some players sheep (can be an indicator of mafia!)

How about sheeping?
meh. for those who might not know (again, i don't know some of you), sheeping means to agree with someone's opinion WITHOUT any concrete evidence like reads or even playstyle analysis.
for me, sheeping is pretty much not a welcoming gesture, as the sheeper may be mafia pretending to be town (eek), so i don't mind lynching sheepers!

Thoughts on inactivity
Please don't lurk. yes, you can be busy irl, but when other players see that you've been active on other forums, it doesn't feel that well to me. what are your intentions? in short, even though stormy the mod will modkill inactive players, those who make little to no useful posts should be lynched
9wQxglT.png
Hi everybody,
This is the second game of mafia I've played on FR, so I hope it goes well :)

Name: EccentricElf23 (EE)
Pronouns: He/His
Timezone: FR +2

I was thinking about the sheeping question raised by @Shimmerwing. The first game I played, I was killed right away because I was a 'sheep'. But I sheeped because I didn't know what else to do. So, for people who are new, what are ways we can contribute, but not sheep?
Hi everybody,
This is the second game of mafia I've played on FR, so I hope it goes well :)

Name: EccentricElf23 (EE)
Pronouns: He/His
Timezone: FR +2

I was thinking about the sheeping question raised by @Shimmerwing. The first game I played, I was killed right away because I was a 'sheep'. But I sheeped because I didn't know what else to do. So, for people who are new, what are ways we can contribute, but not sheep?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44