Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] Mayhem at the Market (CYOA)
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 41
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15418829] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/154189/15418829_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Fuse flinches, recoiling back and down as the device explodes. She gives Andraste a disapproving glance. "And you wanted to use that on me, then?" Before Andy can retort, a large Guardian throws open the door, and they're drawn inside to rehash the entire adventure. Even though she doesn't know him, Fuse feels somehow soothed by Enzul's presence. Guardians always seem so trustworthy and stalwart. Or, well, she [i]felt[/i] soothed, up until the point he dug his claws into her flesh. The bracer and its magical tattoos are finally off, but that was not an experience the teal Mirror is in any hurry to repeat. She leans heavily on the table, head down and panting, as Enzul explains the magic of the bracer. "[i]Kill[/i] me. Well." Killed by the skull-faced Mirror, killed by a stupid antique, killed by Andraste's janky old piece of scrap... Today's been one near miss after another. Fuse suddenly feels very lucky, and very grateful, to be all in one piece. Her feet drag wearily on the ground as they're shooed out Enzul's door. As the Skydancer looks her over, Fuse looks back, searching her warily with narrowed cyan eyes. "What's that stare for?" [i]"How do you feel about jailbreaks? Cat's been languishing long enough."[/i] "Ho-oold on now," Fuse says, raising one hand and shaking her head. "I've had enough of an adventure for one day. I'll thank you for your help and all, but all I want now is to bed down and sleep it off. And maybe give that old antique seller a good thumping." And maybe have another mug of that blue mead. That [i]was[/i] pretty good. Fuse and Andraste say their goodbyes, and the Mirror makes her way toward the brewery. There's so much to tell when she gets back home. And she needs to drop off the parts she picked up earlier in the day, before that stupid bracer showed up. And she needs to talk to the librarians and mages about that mysterious book sitting in her satchel. And she still has a shift tomorrow... But first, a drink. And then, bed. ----- Well! I [i]loved[/i] this game. Thank you so much for putting it on! (And I love the little personalized badge; I'll be putting it in my festival badge collection, and Fuse will wear it in her bio, as well!) The characters were very fun and unique, and the writing style was easy to read and engaging. I liked Lectri! And I liked Taliesin quite a bit from the peeks I had at other paths. I'll be reading through all the paths later to see how everything could have gone! And I guess I can't complain about Fuse picking a "less exciting" path, since I got one of the good endings. ;D No death, no mass destruction... Good job, Fuse! I'm very curious about the book she found in the junkyard (Words of the Speaker); did you guys have any special meaning in mind for it? Was it used in another option I didn't choose? The prizes also all look really great! I have all my fingers crossed for taking Taliesin home with me. He's [i]super[/i] cute. But we'll see! And lastly, my participation tickets look correct, but I'm marked down for only 5 RP days when I've done all six (and seven, including the post above). Here are my RP post links: Jul.22, Sunday: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/6#post_34390443]Day 1[/url] Jul.23, Monday: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/9#post_34405850]Day 2[/url] Jul.24, Tuesday: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/14#post_34418885]Day 3[/url] Jul.25, Wednesday: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/20#post_34447762]Day 4[/url] Jul.26, Thursday: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/25#post_34466212]Day 5[/url] Jul.27, Friday: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/30#post_34484508]Day 6[/url] Jul.28, Saturday: this post!

Fuse flinches, recoiling back and down as the device explodes. She gives Andraste a disapproving glance. "And you wanted to use that on me, then?"

Before Andy can retort, a large Guardian throws open the door, and they're drawn inside to rehash the entire adventure. Even though she doesn't know him, Fuse feels somehow soothed by Enzul's presence. Guardians always seem so trustworthy and stalwart.

Or, well, she felt soothed, up until the point he dug his claws into her flesh. The bracer and its magical tattoos are finally off, but that was not an experience the teal Mirror is in any hurry to repeat. She leans heavily on the table, head down and panting, as Enzul explains the magic of the bracer.

"Kill me. Well." Killed by the skull-faced Mirror, killed by a stupid antique, killed by Andraste's janky old piece of scrap... Today's been one near miss after another. Fuse suddenly feels very lucky, and very grateful, to be all in one piece.

Her feet drag wearily on the ground as they're shooed out Enzul's door. As the Skydancer looks her over, Fuse looks back, searching her warily with narrowed cyan eyes. "What's that stare for?"

"How do you feel about jailbreaks? Cat's been languishing long enough."

"Ho-oold on now," Fuse says, raising one hand and shaking her head. "I've had enough of an adventure for one day. I'll thank you for your help and all, but all I want now is to bed down and sleep it off. And maybe give that old antique seller a good thumping." And maybe have another mug of that blue mead. That was pretty good.

Fuse and Andraste say their goodbyes, and the Mirror makes her way toward the brewery. There's so much to tell when she gets back home. And she needs to drop off the parts she picked up earlier in the day, before that stupid bracer showed up. And she needs to talk to the librarians and mages about that mysterious book sitting in her satchel. And she still has a shift tomorrow...

But first, a drink. And then, bed.

Well! I loved this game. Thank you so much for putting it on! (And I love the little personalized badge; I'll be putting it in my festival badge collection, and Fuse will wear it in her bio, as well!)

The characters were very fun and unique, and the writing style was easy to read and engaging. I liked Lectri! And I liked Taliesin quite a bit from the peeks I had at other paths. I'll be reading through all the paths later to see how everything could have gone! And I guess I can't complain about Fuse picking a "less exciting" path, since I got one of the good endings. ;D No death, no mass destruction... Good job, Fuse!

I'm very curious about the book she found in the junkyard (Words of the Speaker); did you guys have any special meaning in mind for it? Was it used in another option I didn't choose?

The prizes also all look really great! I have all my fingers crossed for taking Taliesin home with me. He's super cute. But we'll see!

And lastly, my participation tickets look correct, but I'm marked down for only 5 RP days when I've done all six (and seven, including the post above). Here are my RP post links:

Jul.22, Sunday: Day 1
Jul.23, Monday: Day 2
Jul.24, Tuesday: Day 3
Jul.25, Wednesday: Day 4
Jul.26, Thursday: Day 5
Jul.27, Friday: Day 6
Jul.28, Saturday: this post!
event-sig-small-4.png
@Scatterspark Thank you so much for linking it up! That made it really easy to check and everything should be updated. I actually just finished Tali's bio if you want to check it out. Fun fact! Tali was nearly a skydancer: (Hello, yes, I have a type.) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=174&bodygene=23&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=20&winggene=22&wings=116&auth=f44dc7b2132955f8a3c61fbd77fdfec8e45a15b8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] But we wanted all the dragons to be different breeds.
@Scatterspark

Thank you so much for linking it up! That made it really easy to check and everything should be updated. I actually just finished Tali's bio if you want to check it out.

Fun fact! Tali was nearly a skydancer: (Hello, yes, I have a type.)

dragon?age=1&body=174&bodygene=23&breed=13&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=20&winggene=22&wings=116&auth=f44dc7b2132955f8a3c61fbd77fdfec8e45a15b8&dummyext=prev.png

But we wanted all the dragons to be different breeds.
60787410.png 57806280.png
@Scatterspark

Words of the Speaker was more a hint than anything, but the artifact is from the Second Age, where according to FR lore the Speaker was something like a prophet/messiah of the era. The bracer is drawn to other Second Age things or Second Age related things (there's various mysterious artifacts I wrote into the sewer path that resonate with it, plus the weird statue in the bad questionable museum path ending).

If I end up doing the CYOA next year, I may bring it back up, since there's so much unexplored FR lore to play with for these sorts of things.
@Scatterspark

Words of the Speaker was more a hint than anything, but the artifact is from the Second Age, where according to FR lore the Speaker was something like a prophet/messiah of the era. The bracer is drawn to other Second Age things or Second Age related things (there's various mysterious artifacts I wrote into the sewer path that resonate with it, plus the weird statue in the bad questionable museum path ending).

If I end up doing the CYOA next year, I may bring it back up, since there's so much unexplored FR lore to play with for these sorts of things.
jsX7QNc.pngYNbcTi1.gif3Cnuysy.png
Sorry for the delay everyone! I'd like to announce that Taliesin and Mirshann's bios have been completed! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1787277] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/17873/1787277_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41429906] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414300/41429906_350.png[/img] [/url]
Sorry for the delay everyone! I'd like to announce that Taliesin and Mirshann's bios have been completed!

1787277_350.png

41429906_350.png
((Hey, Sprocket survived! And based on the other endings she was incredibly lucky. My tickets look mostly good, except they're divided into two locations? (Most near the top and 4 near the bottom) Also, since I read the conversation on how much knowledge could have survived from the Second Age, I’d like to add: To my understanding the beastclans are the magic-warped descendants of people from the Second Age, so it's possible that their various languages still bear some resemblance to Second Age texts. There probably aren't many dragons that study it, but if they’re willing to spend a lot of time on little gain the information could well be out there. And thank you both for such an engaging adventure that fit so well into Sorneith’s lore. It's not often I get very engaged in a CYOA, but if the length of my posts are anything to go by I have been extremely engaged. ;) This will be the first festival event I participated in that makes it into a dragon's bio. And without further ado, my ending:)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5142552][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/51426/5142552.png[/img][/url] [item=coppercoil Creeper] Pain racked the fae’s body and her vision blurred. Sprocket could barely make out the letters “Emergency Discharge” when she pulled herself up to the nearest lightning tower, and a second later she couldn't read it at all. But her sight didn't matter; all she needed was to find the button. Afterward she stumbled away from the tower, but she didn't get very far. Electricity surged through her body, more than she could recall ever feeling before. The world swung dizzyingly out of focus, her senses numbed, and she vaguely remembered hoping that she hadn't killed the mirror pursuing them. [center]… [/center] The world came back to her slowly, in flickers of warmth and a familiar humming noise that pervaded her consciousness. When her head cleared she found herself lain beside a large table with Cogger straddled over her. The creeper’s whirring machinery gave off more heat than usual, radiating pleasantly over her. The little spider had always been full of surprises. A clang made her look up to where a guardian was brewing tea. Cotriona must have brought her to Enzul. [i]And not a moment too soon.[/i] She inwardly shuddered at the idea of the artifact overtaking her own magic. [i]Had it been foolish of her to wield so much of it in the fight? Or would expanding her reserves again help? [/i] She didn't have time to ask, only meekly put her arm forward and watch the guardian place two enormous claws on her body. Then pain. This was pain worse than all the artifact’s nasty surges and the ‘discharge’ explosion’; pain the likes of which she never wanted to experience again. It was hard enough to stay conscious, even harder to keep calm so Cogger wouldn't mistakenly take Enzul as a threat. Enzul [i]was[/i] presumably helping her, even though her muscles screamed and metal seemed to ripple inside her body. The pain collected in her arm, her skin feeling as though it were being squeezed through a narrow tube. Then gone. Sprocket was left gasping on the side of the table while Enzul and Cotriona discussed the artifact. She was the sort that was never satisfied in her search for knowledge, but the information Enzul had only made the artifact more terrifying. To think she’d been considering tinkering with it for herself this morning! For once she was glad to have a mystery disappear from her life. Cotiona suddenly broke into a wolfish smile and asked her if she ever broken someone out of prison. Sprocket flashed a playful grin back, her exhaustion easier to bear with the prospect of a more carefully planned adventure before her. “Oh, Once or twice. I’m good with locks.” [center]… [/center] After another adventure with a prison cell and a pair of oversized duneberries, Sprocket said her goodbyes to Cotriona and Andraste. She had no doubt of their being her friends, but all the same she wasn't sure she’d be eager to see them again. They represented a traumatic day that had very nearly killed her, all because they had stolen and left unattended an artifact they couldn’t control. She hadn’t any serious problem with thieves and the underground, but she did have a problem with needlessly putting others in danger. She did, in fact, return to that poor shopkeeper at Pierce’s Pieces. They talked for an hour on pieces much more interesting than silverware and she upended a generous amount of her purse for him in thanks. She never did eat that scorpion, though. It served her better as a keepsake, carefully wrapped in layers of sap that hardened into a handsome amber paperweight. Sprocket was not about to forget the Shifting Emporium.
((Hey, Sprocket survived! And based on the other endings she was incredibly lucky. My tickets look mostly good, except they're divided into two locations? (Most near the top and 4 near the bottom)
Also, since I read the conversation on how much knowledge could have survived from the Second Age, I’d like to add: To my understanding the beastclans are the magic-warped descendants of people from the Second Age, so it's possible that their various languages still bear some resemblance to Second Age texts. There probably aren't many dragons that study it, but if they’re willing to spend a lot of time on little gain the information could well be out there.
And thank you both for such an engaging adventure that fit so well into Sorneith’s lore. It's not often I get very engaged in a CYOA, but if the length of my posts are anything to go by I have been extremely engaged. ;) This will be the first festival event I participated in that makes it into a dragon's bio.
And without further ado, my ending:))

5142552.png Coppercoil Creeper

Pain racked the fae’s body and her vision blurred. Sprocket could barely make out the letters “Emergency Discharge” when she pulled herself up to the nearest lightning tower, and a second later she couldn't read it at all. But her sight didn't matter; all she needed was to find the button.

Afterward she stumbled away from the tower, but she didn't get very far. Electricity surged through her body, more than she could recall ever feeling before. The world swung dizzyingly out of focus, her senses numbed, and she vaguely remembered hoping that she hadn't killed the mirror pursuing them.

The world came back to her slowly, in flickers of warmth and a familiar humming noise that pervaded her consciousness. When her head cleared she found herself lain beside a large table with Cogger straddled over her. The creeper’s whirring machinery gave off more heat than usual, radiating pleasantly over her. The little spider had always been full of surprises.

A clang made her look up to where a guardian was brewing tea. Cotriona must have brought her to Enzul. And not a moment too soon. She inwardly shuddered at the idea of the artifact overtaking her own magic. Had it been foolish of her to wield so much of it in the fight? Or would expanding her reserves again help? She didn't have time to ask, only meekly put her arm forward and watch the guardian place two enormous claws on her body.

Then pain. This was pain worse than all the artifact’s nasty surges and the ‘discharge’ explosion’; pain the likes of which she never wanted to experience again. It was hard enough to stay conscious, even harder to keep calm so Cogger wouldn't mistakenly take Enzul as a threat. Enzul was presumably helping her, even though her muscles screamed and metal seemed to ripple inside her body. The pain collected in her arm, her skin feeling as though it were being squeezed through a narrow tube.

Then gone. Sprocket was left gasping on the side of the table while Enzul and Cotriona discussed the artifact. She was the sort that was never satisfied in her search for knowledge, but the information Enzul had only made the artifact more terrifying. To think she’d been considering tinkering with it for herself this morning! For once she was glad to have a mystery disappear from her life.

Cotiona suddenly broke into a wolfish smile and asked her if she ever broken someone out of prison. Sprocket flashed a playful grin back, her exhaustion easier to bear with the prospect of a more carefully planned adventure before her.
“Oh, Once or twice. I’m good with locks.”

After another adventure with a prison cell and a pair of oversized duneberries, Sprocket said her goodbyes to Cotriona and Andraste. She had no doubt of their being her friends, but all the same she wasn't sure she’d be eager to see them again. They represented a traumatic day that had very nearly killed her, all because they had stolen and left unattended an artifact they couldn’t control. She hadn’t any serious problem with thieves and the underground, but she did have a problem with needlessly putting others in danger.

She did, in fact, return to that poor shopkeeper at Pierce’s Pieces. They talked for an hour on pieces much more interesting than silverware and she upended a generous amount of her purse for him in thanks. She never did eat that scorpion, though. It served her better as a keepsake, carefully wrapped in layers of sap that hardened into a handsome amber paperweight. Sprocket was not about to forget the Shifting Emporium.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25652537] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/256526/25652537_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] Tempest is very grateful for Enzul's and Cat's help and is very relieved he is free of that [i]thing[/i]. However, he politely declines Cat's offer to help with the prison break, explaining that it was far more likely she'd be successful without him. Tempest heads back to his clan, a little worse for wear, but grateful he's getting to head back at all. He won't forget this little adventure any time soon.
Tempest is very grateful for Enzul's and Cat's help and is very relieved he is free of that thing. However, he politely declines Cat's offer to help with the prison break, explaining that it was far more likely she'd be successful without him.

Tempest heads back to his clan, a little worse for wear, but grateful he's getting to head back at all. He won't forget this little adventure any time soon.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Katsuokai

The emporium is very mysterious place, I'm sure that anything can happen there if the right factors align. Some of the NPCs died in these paths as well, after all! (Poor Unknown, though, and poor gloomwillow to have to watch it.)
@Katsuokai

The emporium is very mysterious place, I'm sure that anything can happen there if the right factors align. Some of the NPCs died in these paths as well, after all! (Poor Unknown, though, and poor gloomwillow to have to watch it.)
@Firra

*nods* True, the Emporium is indeed a very mysterious place, and that allows for many interesting stories! I suppose I'll keep the ending I wrote since I managed to tie it in quite nicely with the other CYOA:s Unknown has participated in. ;D

Yep, this really will affect both of them for years to come. Unknown needed a reality check, though, and something that drives him to truly want to be a good clanmate and an even better friend, so in the end, I think this ending was perfect. ;)

I loved reading the story, and of course, writing Unknown's reactions. The only thing I regret is not being able to spend more time proofreading and writing my entries, but oh well, I had a lot of things to do this week, so no surprises there. lol

I hope you run a similar event next year, CYOA:s are always fun. :D

Cheers!
@Firra

*nods* True, the Emporium is indeed a very mysterious place, and that allows for many interesting stories! I suppose I'll keep the ending I wrote since I managed to tie it in quite nicely with the other CYOA:s Unknown has participated in. ;D

Yep, this really will affect both of them for years to come. Unknown needed a reality check, though, and something that drives him to truly want to be a good clanmate and an even better friend, so in the end, I think this ending was perfect. ;)

I loved reading the story, and of course, writing Unknown's reactions. The only thing I regret is not being able to spend more time proofreading and writing my entries, but oh well, I had a lot of things to do this week, so no surprises there. lol

I hope you run a similar event next year, CYOA:s are always fun. :D

Cheers!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5443143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54432/5443143_350.png[/img] [/url] The darkness of the tunnels was oppressive. Stark didn't even have the sparks from Jarvis and the glow from his eyes and chestplate to illuminate the walls any more. They had been down in the sewers for so long that Jarvis's portable power core had failed, and although Stark had kept him functioning for a time with a constant stream of magic, it wasn't sustainable. He'd had to shut down. So now Stark was alone. Until he [i]got out of the sewers[/i] and recharged his golem, at least. If only the getting out was as easy as the getting in. Muttering curses, Stark continued onwards, breath depleted and spirits thoroughly crushed, jumping at every sound in the darkness. Until his arm started to prickle once more. He picked up the pace, cradling Jarvis's lightless form a little tighter. There had to be an opening, a doorway, another path - somewhere! But no. He found only stones. And the water of the sewer ... which rippled as something underneath broke the surface. He backed away - but a surge of water made him turn tail and [i]run[/i]. The tattoo suddenly burned with pain and magic, lighting the corridor ahead but wrenching a scream from Stark's jaws. He kept running, breath harsh in his throat, and skidded around a corner. "[i]Spark it[/i]," he snapped, stumbling to a halt at the sight of the dead end up ahead. Not like this. It couldn't end like this. But it looked like it was going to. The magic from the tattoo scrolled higher up his arm, bringing with it lines of fire, painting them bright and hot across his chest, up his throat. A sound behind him made him turn. There was a monstrous creature looming over him - enormous, with far too many teeth. Stark stood frozen, his armour useless, his golem dead in his arms, as the burning pain reached his cheeks and crawled up into his eyes, blinding him with a flare of [i]white[/i] - ---- [i]I seem to have an uncanny knack for finding the darkest paths in Thundercrack CYOAs! Nevertheless, thank you for a fun week, this has been wonderful and I'm really looking forward to playing through some of the other paths via Twine! Thank you also to the awesome writer/writers who pulled off this storytelling magic. ^-^[/i]

5443143_350.png

The darkness of the tunnels was oppressive. Stark didn't even have the sparks from Jarvis and the glow from his eyes and chestplate to illuminate the walls any more. They had been down in the sewers for so long that Jarvis's portable power core had failed, and although Stark had kept him functioning for a time with a constant stream of magic, it wasn't sustainable. He'd had to shut down.

So now Stark was alone.

Until he got out of the sewers and recharged his golem, at least. If only the getting out was as easy as the getting in.

Muttering curses, Stark continued onwards, breath depleted and spirits thoroughly crushed, jumping at every sound in the darkness. Until his arm started to prickle once more.

He picked up the pace, cradling Jarvis's lightless form a little tighter. There had to be an opening, a doorway, another path - somewhere! But no. He found only stones. And the water of the sewer ... which rippled as something underneath broke the surface.

He backed away - but a surge of water made him turn tail and run. The tattoo suddenly burned with pain and magic, lighting the corridor ahead but wrenching a scream from Stark's jaws. He kept running, breath harsh in his throat, and skidded around a corner.

"Spark it," he snapped, stumbling to a halt at the sight of the dead end up ahead.

Not like this. It couldn't end like this.

But it looked like it was going to. The magic from the tattoo scrolled higher up his arm, bringing with it lines of fire, painting them bright and hot across his chest, up his throat.

A sound behind him made him turn. There was a monstrous creature looming over him - enormous, with far too many teeth.

Stark stood frozen, his armour useless, his golem dead in his arms, as the burning pain reached his cheeks and crawled up into his eyes, blinding him with a flare of white -

----

I seem to have an uncanny knack for finding the darkest paths in Thundercrack CYOAs!

Nevertheless, thank you for a fun week, this has been wonderful and I'm really looking forward to playing through some of the other paths via Twine! Thank you also to the awesome writer/writers who pulled off this storytelling magic. ^-^
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva
Oh no!

But I thought his ending turned out alright on the tour? I think he got lost but made it out? Or am I remembering wrong...

Maybe that monster will spit him back out again if it can't get through his armor?
@Lundlaeva
Oh no!

But I thought his ending turned out alright on the tour? I think he got lost but made it out? Or am I remembering wrong...

Maybe that monster will spit him back out again if it can't get through his armor?
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 41