Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] Mayhem at the Market (CYOA)
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39778276] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/397783/39778276_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 6[/b] [i]Glow back[/i] Dyn stared up at the glowing artifact with interest, staring right into its dozens of multifaceted eyes. "Absolutely fascinating!" He felt a warmth inside him as his tattoo glowed in response. --- [haha this adventure certainly has been so interesting thus far, i hope this is one of the good endings lmao but i'm excited to see how it turns out!]

39778276_350.png

Day 6
Glow back

Dyn stared up at the glowing artifact with interest, staring right into its dozens of multifaceted eyes.

"Absolutely fascinating!"

He felt a warmth inside him as his tattoo glowed in response.

---

[haha this adventure certainly has been so interesting thus far, i hope this is one of the good endings lmao but i'm excited to see how it turns out!]
5BljFaZ.png6HFLo7i.png
((Sprocket and Cogger are way too small for that combat scene to have worked, haha)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5142552][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/51426/5142552.png[/img][/url] [item=coppercoil Creeper] Sprocket beat herself into the air as quietly as she could. She had very little experience with combat magic, but as a fae in an alley supercharged with her birth element she couldn't hope for a better testing ground. Electricity began to flicker across her body as she drank deep into the ley lines, which were remarkably giving in comparison to those of opposing territories. Then she dove onto the unsuspecting pearlcatcher’s back and let it loose in a shockwave. The pearlcatcher bucked, forcing Sprocket to stop her attack in favor of keeping her grip, but it was enough of a distraction for Cotriona to come in and give him some solid blows. Another bolt to his neck and the fellow was out. Unfortunately, the other attacker was much bigger and very much awake. Not to mention coming at them. “Cogger, [i]don’t![/i]” Sprocket howled when her creeper charged the guardian. He leapt onto the dragons chest, where his feet dug narrow furrows of red into the massive chest. [i]But what foolishness![/i] A dragon that size could crush him into scrap metal with one foot. The guardian moved to counterattack, and Sprocket grabbed the nearest rocks and pelted him. Neither she nor Cogger were doing much damage. Suddenly, relievingly, the guardian collapsed. Cotriona had been given enough time to get behind him and slash his legs. While he attempted to get up Cogger skittered further down the dragon’s chest and made sufficient ribbons of his wing muscles that he wouldn't be taking off anytime soon. Sprocket was a bit too dazed by relief of seeing her creeper get down safely to respond to Cotriona shaking her, but [i]get out of here[/i] she understood. The fae grabbed Cogger by the thorax and managed to beat him high enough that she could toss him and let him climb the rest of the way to the rooftop. She wasn't entirely worried about being struck, as little shocks had never bothered her and the air was chock full of magic she could bend, but she obeyed Cotriona’s signal anyway. It wasn't really necessary to chance fate. Looking back, she should have known that the noise they'd made would attract some attention, as looking back also told her that the mirror from the shop was back. Sprocket didn't have enough time to pick up her pace before he sends her to to the rooftop with a painful [i]thump.[/i] Various articles of apparel Cotriona nicked for her were thrown went rolling off the roof. To top everything off the tattoo starting the ache again in a dizzying and frighteningly familiar way. [i]Not now! Not leaping cog frogs now! [/i] Sprocket was tired, tired of running around, tired of being frightened, tired of being tossed around by dragons she had nothing to do with save for some dreadful artifact that attached itself to her. Her head had gotten her out of crises before and she'd rely on it now. There had to be some way to keep the mirror off of her long enough for the bracer to finish whatever nasty thing it was doing to her.
((Sprocket and Cogger are way too small for that combat scene to have worked, haha))
5142552.png Coppercoil Creeper

Sprocket beat herself into the air as quietly as she could. She had very little experience with combat magic, but as a fae in an alley supercharged with her birth element she couldn't hope for a better testing ground. Electricity began to flicker across her body as she drank deep into the ley lines, which were remarkably giving in comparison to those of opposing territories. Then she dove onto the unsuspecting pearlcatcher’s back and let it loose in a shockwave.

The pearlcatcher bucked, forcing Sprocket to stop her attack in favor of keeping her grip, but it was enough of a distraction for Cotriona to come in and give him some solid blows. Another bolt to his neck and the fellow was out.

Unfortunately, the other attacker was much bigger and very much awake. Not to mention coming at them.

“Cogger, don’t!” Sprocket howled when her creeper charged the guardian. He leapt onto the dragons chest, where his feet dug narrow furrows of red into the massive chest. But what foolishness! A dragon that size could crush him into scrap metal with one foot. The guardian moved to counterattack, and Sprocket grabbed the nearest rocks and pelted him. Neither she nor Cogger were doing much damage.

Suddenly, relievingly, the guardian collapsed. Cotriona had been given enough time to get behind him and slash his legs. While he attempted to get up Cogger skittered further down the dragon’s chest and made sufficient ribbons of his wing muscles that he wouldn't be taking off anytime soon.

Sprocket was a bit too dazed by relief of seeing her creeper get down safely to respond to Cotriona shaking her, but get out of here she understood. The fae grabbed Cogger by the thorax and managed to beat him high enough that she could toss him and let him climb the rest of the way to the rooftop. She wasn't entirely worried about being struck, as little shocks had never bothered her and the air was chock full of magic she could bend, but she obeyed Cotriona’s signal anyway. It wasn't really necessary to chance fate.

Looking back, she should have known that the noise they'd made would attract some attention, as looking back also told her that the mirror from the shop was back. Sprocket didn't have enough time to pick up her pace before he sends her to to the rooftop with a painful thump. Various articles of apparel Cotriona nicked for her were thrown went rolling off the roof. To top everything off the tattoo starting the ache again in a dizzying and frighteningly familiar way. Not now! Not leaping cog frogs now!

Sprocket was tired, tired of running around, tired of being frightened, tired of being tossed around by dragons she had nothing to do with save for some dreadful artifact that attached itself to her. Her head had gotten her out of crises before and she'd rely on it now. There had to be some way to keep the mirror off of her long enough for the bracer to finish whatever nasty thing it was doing to her.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@akitcougar If I can still pick one of the options, then can it be option B?
@akitcougar If I can still pick one of the options, then can it be option B?
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
@Sidegrinder

Unfortunately, we won't be able to count you for yesterday's pick. That said, you're still more than welcome to vote for today's path that you would have chosen.
@Sidegrinder

Unfortunately, we won't be able to count you for yesterday's pick. That said, you're still more than welcome to vote for today's path that you would have chosen.
jsX7QNc.pngYNbcTi1.gif3Cnuysy.png
[b]Username:[/b] GardenWyrm [b]User ID:[/b] 260509 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Blitzen [b]Dragon Picture:[/b][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26252288] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262523/26252288_350.png[/img] [/url] [outfit=496658][/center] Blitzen winced as she staggered to her feet. She was sore and bruised from the fall and the dizziness of the coming surge made it hard to stand. She knew that mirrors were fast, faster than her, but she couldn't stay and fight in this state. The dizziness was making it hard to think. The moment she could stand, she made a split-second decision. Blitzen trusted her instincts and ran. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/4#post_34384414]<< First entry[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/21#post_34451178]< Last entry[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/32#post_34487108]Next entry >[/url]
Username: GardenWyrm
User ID: 260509
Dragon Name: Blitzen
Dragon Picture:

26252288_350.png

Disguise

Blitzen winced as she staggered to her feet. She was sore and bruised from the fall and the dizziness of the coming surge made it hard to stand. She knew that mirrors were fast, faster than her, but she couldn't stay and fight in this state. The dizziness was making it hard to think.

The moment she could stand, she made a split-second decision.

Blitzen trusted her instincts and ran.

<< First entry - < Last entry - Next entry >
tumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo2_100.pngtumblr_p6tkjckJgZ1s2erpmo2_r2_250.pngtumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo1_100.pngtumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png
@akitcougar Ah. :( Got'cha. Well, I'll still send in a vote today!
@akitcougar Ah. :( Got'cha. Well, I'll still send in a vote today!
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41666693] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416667/41666693_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The plan worked! Pinwheel could hardly believe it as the gate clanged down just in front of Taliesin. His pursuer wasn't giving up, though. The Mirror began to try and melt the bars, and Pinwheel kept running to take advantage of the temporary delay. He skidded to a half at the sight of the whirlpool, but beamed at the ladder across from it. Yes! The prickling in his arm made his stomach drop, but he pushed away the feeling—there was no time to spare. Bracing himself, Pinwheel ran forward and leapt across the whirlpool, eager to ascend the ladder and perhaps finally lose the dragon following him.

The plan worked! Pinwheel could hardly believe it as the gate clanged down just in front of Taliesin. His pursuer wasn't giving up, though. The Mirror began to try and melt the bars, and Pinwheel kept running to take advantage of the temporary delay.

He skidded to a half at the sight of the whirlpool, but beamed at the ladder across from it. Yes! The prickling in his arm made his stomach drop, but he pushed away the feeling—there was no time to spare. Bracing himself, Pinwheel ran forward and leapt across the whirlpool, eager to ascend the ladder and perhaps finally lose the dragon following him.
tumblr_pb9uos9TFI1v64nmoo2_r1_400.png ________________

Ray / FR+3
Wishlist
WvWDaily7.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33445281] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/334453/33445281_350.png[/img] [/url] "Aw yeah, here we go!" *beep* ((She's going to get herself seriously injured one day I swear))

33445281_350.png

"Aw yeah, here we go!"
*beep*
((She's going to get herself seriously injured one day I swear))
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/24#post_34464825][previous post][/url] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43537071] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/435371/43537071_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Volt's first instinct was to run and keep running. But she knew from past experience with the nausea and dizziness, that once the wave hit her, she'd be next to useless. She'd never escape the mirror unless she managed to slow him down in some way. Her best bet was to [b]try to delay him[/b], by either throwing something in his path or cutting off his route of pursuit, and finding a place to hide to ride out the wave and weather the pain. And hope that this surge wasn't her last.
[previous post]

Volt's first instinct was to run and keep running. But she knew from past experience with the nausea and dizziness, that once the wave hit her, she'd be next to useless. She'd never escape the mirror unless she managed to slow him down in some way.

Her best bet was to try to delay him, by either throwing something in his path or cutting off his route of pursuit, and finding a place to hide to ride out the wave and weather the pain.

And hope that this surge wasn't her last.
qTNOOYr.gifhOKF9XS.pngIhwCFGI.giffkpFObc.pngo6RASqM.png

3GyKulQ.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41719241] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/417193/41719241_350.png[/img] [/url] Eglantine almost found herself choking back a sob as she rounded the corner, only to discover that the white glow she'd seen was not in fact an exit- it was a glowing white crystal in the center of the room, glowing and glimmering as if to taunt her with its radiance. Caught between laughing over the absurdity of the day's events and screaming in rage over [i]still[/i] being trapped in these damned sewers with no apparent way out, the Skydancer female chose the latter, snarling as she paced back and forth, the static feeling in her arm slowly increasing as if to add further insult to injury. She scratched at it, but it only grew worse, and she found herself slowly succumbing to blackness despite her best efforts to actually stay awake and alert should the officer that was pursuing her earlier come running. It could have been hours or mere minutes that she was out, but when she awoke next there was thankfully no sign of the Mirror male, leaving her to slowly gather her bearings alone and utterly bewildered over what she was going to do next. The day's events had not exactly been kind to poor Eglantine, and the longer she spent down in these sewers, the more trouble she was going to get herself in. She wanted [i]out[/i]. But not knowing the general layout of the sewers was serving to work against her as the winding passageways led to her getting more and more turned around, and the Skydancer female almost wanted to curse as she felt the prickling in her arm steadily grow worse. What if she was utterly alone down here now, left to eventually succumb to whatever was affecting her, dying or turning into some sickening abomination or having any number of other nasty fates inflicted upon her? Why hadn't she just swallowed her pride and accepted the drink from the bartender while she could, or else not touched the artifact in the first place? She could have been getting actual [i]useful[/i] information right now, instead of being stuck in a bunch of musty tunnels. She could have been having a perfectly relaxing day at the market, instead of getting herself wrapped up in this mess- But there was no time to think about that now. Another branch in the path came, and unlike the last one there was no clear way to determine what was the best path to take. Huffing under her breath, Eglantine took a moment to study each one- following a path to the right had only lead her to more misfortune before, so perhaps taking the[b] left path[/b] would be best for now. Or so she could hope, anyway. "It's not exactly as if things could get any worse," she muttered softly, padding off down the tunnel while inwardly hoping that this entire ordeal would be over soon.

41719241_350.png

Eglantine almost found herself choking back a sob as she rounded the corner, only to discover that the white glow she'd seen was not in fact an exit- it was a glowing white crystal in the center of the room, glowing and glimmering as if to taunt her with its radiance. Caught between laughing over the absurdity of the day's events and screaming in rage over still being trapped in these damned sewers with no apparent way out, the Skydancer female chose the latter, snarling as she paced back and forth, the static feeling in her arm slowly increasing as if to add further insult to injury. She scratched at it, but it only grew worse, and she found herself slowly succumbing to blackness despite her best efforts to actually stay awake and alert should the officer that was pursuing her earlier come running.

It could have been hours or mere minutes that she was out, but when she awoke next there was thankfully no sign of the Mirror male, leaving her to slowly gather her bearings alone and utterly bewildered over what she was going to do next. The day's events had not exactly been kind to poor Eglantine, and the longer she spent down in these sewers, the more trouble she was going to get herself in. She wanted out. But not knowing the general layout of the sewers was serving to work against her as the winding passageways led to her getting more and more turned around, and the Skydancer female almost wanted to curse as she felt the prickling in her arm steadily grow worse. What if she was utterly alone down here now, left to eventually succumb to whatever was affecting her, dying or turning into some sickening abomination or having any number of other nasty fates inflicted upon her? Why hadn't she just swallowed her pride and accepted the drink from the bartender while she could, or else not touched the artifact in the first place? She could have been getting actual useful information right now, instead of being stuck in a bunch of musty tunnels. She could have been having a perfectly relaxing day at the market, instead of getting herself wrapped up in this mess-

But there was no time to think about that now. Another branch in the path came, and unlike the last one there was no clear way to determine what was the best path to take. Huffing under her breath, Eglantine took a moment to study each one- following a path to the right had only lead her to more misfortune before, so perhaps taking the left path would be best for now. Or so she could hope, anyway.

"It's not exactly as if things could get any worse," she muttered softly, padding off down the tunnel while inwardly hoping that this entire ordeal would be over soon.

6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41