Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] Mayhem at the Market (CYOA)
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 40 41
@Scatterspark

Yep, it only runs through Saturday. Today is actually the last choice. That time constraint is actually one of the most difficult things when trying to figure out a story, so I totally get where you’re coming from!
@Scatterspark

Yep, it only runs through Saturday. Today is actually the last choice. That time constraint is actually one of the most difficult things when trying to figure out a story, so I totally get where you’re coming from!
60787410.png 57806280.png
@Saronai @Stanzascale @PyraDragon13 @GardenWyrm @Watercolour @Syceris @Juri01 @Illyrael @TwilitRaven @felistopaz @Festival @WhitePhoenix @Daemonengrau @Rosoidela @Gravebloom @JinxMoonstone @felistopaz @Thewarywatcher13 @Saraceaser @PhantomLullabies

Deciding to help, you charge the nearest assailant, shoulder checking them hard enough that they go sprawling. It gives Cat enough of an opening that she lands a solid hit on the other Pearlcatcher. It doesn’t hurt him much and he comes charging back at her. Sharing a quick glance, you brace yourself and she goes in low, tripping him up. Unstable, he’s wide open for your uppercut to connect solidly and knock him out.

She’s not back on her feet before the other attacker, a huge guardian comes back at her. You grab a loose stone from the road, and with a toss, nail him hard in face and throw him off balance. Following the rock, you dive into the fray and score a set of deep claw marks down his chest before he recovers and starts attacking you.

It’s tiring to keep ahead of his vicious claw swipes. He suddenly stumbles hard and goes down, and you see Cat with her knife out. He tries to stand but his back legs can’t hold his weight. Thinking fast, you grab another stone, striking his wing hard enough that there is no way he’ll be able to fly after this.

“Nice!” Cat yells, reaching out and shaking you roughly, but affectionately, by the shoulder. “Let get out of here!” You both take off. This alley is a dead end so the both of you are forced to the rooftops.

The lightning up here is much more intense than below. The towers spiking up into the sky are constantly being stuck. The noise and smell of ozone is nearly overwhelming. Cat motions you to stay low. It’s not a good idea to go too high, for risk of the lightning.

You hear a sharp scree of metal. Risking a look back you see that skull-faced mirror close behind you. He’s running not flying, but as you watch he takes a quick leap wings snapping wide to give him a boost. His claws catch your tail, pulling you off balance hard and sending you spiraling down to crash onto the rooftops.
You can feel another surge start to build. You need a way to get away from him even though you're dizzy and hurt.

A) Try to delay him.
B) Just get up and run.

@Saronai @Stanzascale @PyraDragon13 @GardenWyrm @Watercolour @Syceris @Juri01 @Illyrael @TwilitRaven @felistopaz @Festival @WhitePhoenix @Daemonengrau @Rosoidela @Gravebloom @JinxMoonstone @felistopaz @Thewarywatcher13 @Saraceaser @PhantomLullabies

Deciding to help, you charge the nearest assailant, shoulder checking them hard enough that they go sprawling. It gives Cat enough of an opening that she lands a solid hit on the other Pearlcatcher. It doesn’t hurt him much and he comes charging back at her. Sharing a quick glance, you brace yourself and she goes in low, tripping him up. Unstable, he’s wide open for your uppercut to connect solidly and knock him out.

She’s not back on her feet before the other attacker, a huge guardian comes back at her. You grab a loose stone from the road, and with a toss, nail him hard in face and throw him off balance. Following the rock, you dive into the fray and score a set of deep claw marks down his chest before he recovers and starts attacking you.

It’s tiring to keep ahead of his vicious claw swipes. He suddenly stumbles hard and goes down, and you see Cat with her knife out. He tries to stand but his back legs can’t hold his weight. Thinking fast, you grab another stone, striking his wing hard enough that there is no way he’ll be able to fly after this.

“Nice!” Cat yells, reaching out and shaking you roughly, but affectionately, by the shoulder. “Let get out of here!” You both take off. This alley is a dead end so the both of you are forced to the rooftops.

The lightning up here is much more intense than below. The towers spiking up into the sky are constantly being stuck. The noise and smell of ozone is nearly overwhelming. Cat motions you to stay low. It’s not a good idea to go too high, for risk of the lightning.

You hear a sharp scree of metal. Risking a look back you see that skull-faced mirror close behind you. He’s running not flying, but as you watch he takes a quick leap wings snapping wide to give him a boost. His claws catch your tail, pulling you off balance hard and sending you spiraling down to crash onto the rooftops.
You can feel another surge start to build. You need a way to get away from him even though you're dizzy and hurt.

A) Try to delay him.
B) Just get up and run.

@dustclouds @Hanakoto @Elisse

Cotriona doesn’t have anything more to offer you. Plus, this whole fight is her fault, anyway.

You duck down an adjacent alleyway and out of their notice. You come out next to a huge building and quickly duck inside. The walls are covered in faux velvet drapes and playbills advertising shows on them. This is the All-Night Theater. You pay for the night and can attend any show on any of the stages.

One the employees is grandstanding and advertising this nights’ show list. You sneak down an unused service corridor. It’s pretty much a straight shot through to the other side. The corridor is narrow and built from unfinished wood. You can hear snippets from the various plays as you go.

You hurry down the narrow hallway. You’re getting close to the end when you feel magic starting to surge underneath your skin. It aches and itches and you stumble dizzily forward as the world starts to go out of focus.

“I assure you this betrayal did not start with me. For certain, I am innocent.” The voices of the actors are painfully loud. Your vision is blacking out and you stumble hard. You manage to catch a wall to keep your balance, but it gives out before you can get upright.

“If I am guilty, may I be struck down where I stand! So certain am –“

The landing jolts through you, but at least the loud voice has stopped.

As you stand up, you realize that you’re on a stage and a spiral is sprawled unconscious at your feet. A bunch of actors in costume at staring at you, shocked.

“Well, it seems we have found the guilty party.” An imperial dressed as a king states drily. “Welcome to the court of Opherous, and who are you, stranger?”

Uh-oh.

A) Play along.
b) Keep moving.
@dustclouds @Hanakoto @Elisse

Cotriona doesn’t have anything more to offer you. Plus, this whole fight is her fault, anyway.

You duck down an adjacent alleyway and out of their notice. You come out next to a huge building and quickly duck inside. The walls are covered in faux velvet drapes and playbills advertising shows on them. This is the All-Night Theater. You pay for the night and can attend any show on any of the stages.

One the employees is grandstanding and advertising this nights’ show list. You sneak down an unused service corridor. It’s pretty much a straight shot through to the other side. The corridor is narrow and built from unfinished wood. You can hear snippets from the various plays as you go.

You hurry down the narrow hallway. You’re getting close to the end when you feel magic starting to surge underneath your skin. It aches and itches and you stumble dizzily forward as the world starts to go out of focus.

“I assure you this betrayal did not start with me. For certain, I am innocent.” The voices of the actors are painfully loud. Your vision is blacking out and you stumble hard. You manage to catch a wall to keep your balance, but it gives out before you can get upright.

“If I am guilty, may I be struck down where I stand! So certain am –“

The landing jolts through you, but at least the loud voice has stopped.

As you stand up, you realize that you’re on a stage and a spiral is sprawled unconscious at your feet. A bunch of actors in costume at staring at you, shocked.

“Well, it seems we have found the guilty party.” An imperial dressed as a king states drily. “Welcome to the court of Opherous, and who are you, stranger?”

Uh-oh.

A) Play along.
b) Keep moving.
@FawnStars7
You haul the mirror out of the water. He shakes off, splattering you with rancid water. The two of your stare at each other, awkwardness radiating in the air.

"So, uh, let's go down this path?" Taliesin said. "There might be a ladder up." You nod and start forging a path ahead, keeping a careful eye on the Bureau agent. You're cautious, for all that you are forgiving.

What you aren't, however, is talkative. Taliesin's babbling fills the air instead, but you're grateful for the noise. It takes your mind off the magic of the tattoo on your arm that ebbs and flows. He asks too many questions you don't want to answer. You ignore those for the most part, hoping he'll stop asking things about your life.

"Why did you pick that artifact up anyway?" he asks.

"Where are you from?"

"Why did you run from me?"

He never seems to shut up.

It takes you two almost an hour, but you eventually find a ladder. The only problem is that it's thirty feet up and inside a narrow hole. Neither of you would fit with your wings out.

You sit and ponder the problem, and Taliesin goes off somewhere. You're still no closer to solving the problem when he comes back with a decrepit rope and a rusty hook. "I had a hunch there would be something that washed up down here," he said. "You any good with knots? We might be able to throw this onto the bottom rung and climb up."

You take the rope. For all that it seemed to be rotting, you can tell it is sturdy enough for a climb, if you're quick. You tie the rope to the hook and throw it up. It takes a few tries, but you're able to get it onto the bottom rung.

You notice that Taliesin's eyes were on your unwilling tattoo the entire time. You ask him to stop staring.

"I will if you tell me what happened," he says. "And if you call me Tali. Only my boss uses Taliesin."

A) Tell him about the tattoo.
B) Don't tell him.
@FawnStars7
You haul the mirror out of the water. He shakes off, splattering you with rancid water. The two of your stare at each other, awkwardness radiating in the air.

"So, uh, let's go down this path?" Taliesin said. "There might be a ladder up." You nod and start forging a path ahead, keeping a careful eye on the Bureau agent. You're cautious, for all that you are forgiving.

What you aren't, however, is talkative. Taliesin's babbling fills the air instead, but you're grateful for the noise. It takes your mind off the magic of the tattoo on your arm that ebbs and flows. He asks too many questions you don't want to answer. You ignore those for the most part, hoping he'll stop asking things about your life.

"Why did you pick that artifact up anyway?" he asks.

"Where are you from?"

"Why did you run from me?"

He never seems to shut up.

It takes you two almost an hour, but you eventually find a ladder. The only problem is that it's thirty feet up and inside a narrow hole. Neither of you would fit with your wings out.

You sit and ponder the problem, and Taliesin goes off somewhere. You're still no closer to solving the problem when he comes back with a decrepit rope and a rusty hook. "I had a hunch there would be something that washed up down here," he said. "You any good with knots? We might be able to throw this onto the bottom rung and climb up."

You take the rope. For all that it seemed to be rotting, you can tell it is sturdy enough for a climb, if you're quick. You tie the rope to the hook and throw it up. It takes a few tries, but you're able to get it onto the bottom rung.

You notice that Taliesin's eyes were on your unwilling tattoo the entire time. You ask him to stop staring.

"I will if you tell me what happened," he says. "And if you call me Tali. Only my boss uses Taliesin."

A) Tell him about the tattoo.
B) Don't tell him.
@daineger @jbapple @Disillusionist @Maithax @Lundlaeva @Lonefox
You run as you leave Taliesin behind. The light at the end of this tunnel starts to get brighter, and you hope it's an exit to the surface.

You approach and turn the corner, and your face falls. In front of you is a glowing white crystal, not the exit. Worse, your arm with the tattoo starts to itch something awful. You scratch at it, but you can feel a painful surge of magic rush up your arm and towards your heart.

You black out.

You come to a few moments later. Everything seems to be okay, other than the slight dizziness and double vision. You shake your head, trying to clear it, and you press onward.

You follow the twists and turns of the sewers, getting steadily more and more lost.

You feel your arm start to prickle again. There's another split in paths. You pause for a few minutes, letting yourself sob and groan and curse the unfairness of it all.

But you have to press on. You don't want to stay in these sewers any longer.

You just have to keep moving.

A) Left path.
B) Right path.
@daineger @jbapple @Disillusionist @Maithax @Lundlaeva @Lonefox
You run as you leave Taliesin behind. The light at the end of this tunnel starts to get brighter, and you hope it's an exit to the surface.

You approach and turn the corner, and your face falls. In front of you is a glowing white crystal, not the exit. Worse, your arm with the tattoo starts to itch something awful. You scratch at it, but you can feel a painful surge of magic rush up your arm and towards your heart.

You black out.

You come to a few moments later. Everything seems to be okay, other than the slight dizziness and double vision. You shake your head, trying to clear it, and you press onward.

You follow the twists and turns of the sewers, getting steadily more and more lost.

You feel your arm start to prickle again. There's another split in paths. You pause for a few minutes, letting yourself sob and groan and curse the unfairness of it all.

But you have to press on. You don't want to stay in these sewers any longer.

You just have to keep moving.

A) Left path.
B) Right path.
@counterfeat @GuardianDragonak @counterfeat
You dive to the left, yanking the lever as you go and sending the gate crashing down behind you. You hear a sharp yelp, and through the gate you see Taliesin hopping up and down while holding his front foot.

The gate has bought you some time, but you still need to find a way out of the sewers. You see Taliesin start to breathe fire on the gate, trying to melt it as you slip away.

You find yourself in a large central chamber, a churning vortex of water in the middle as four underground sewer rivers converge. The smell is awful, but at least there are glowing stones on the wall that let you see.

Across the water, on the opposite side of the chamber, you see a ladder going up. A grin breaks out on your face as you see an end to your current trials.

Your arm starts to prickle.

A) In your eagerness, you take a running leap over the pool of water.
B) Cautiously, you stick to going around the edge of the chamber.
@counterfeat @GuardianDragonak @counterfeat
You dive to the left, yanking the lever as you go and sending the gate crashing down behind you. You hear a sharp yelp, and through the gate you see Taliesin hopping up and down while holding his front foot.

The gate has bought you some time, but you still need to find a way out of the sewers. You see Taliesin start to breathe fire on the gate, trying to melt it as you slip away.

You find yourself in a large central chamber, a churning vortex of water in the middle as four underground sewer rivers converge. The smell is awful, but at least there are glowing stones on the wall that let you see.

Across the water, on the opposite side of the chamber, you see a ladder going up. A grin breaks out on your face as you see an end to your current trials.

Your arm starts to prickle.

A) In your eagerness, you take a running leap over the pool of water.
B) Cautiously, you stick to going around the edge of the chamber.
@Strawberrium @Unika @Venusian @RemanLT @Chessboard @cieldobie @Stormdragon @Katsuokai @ThisOneIsBlue

It's clean and dark. There are rooms here with lots of artifacts, large and small, covered in sheets. Your tattoo actually helps you see in the dark.

As you make your way further in, you start to feel an odd pulse. It beats hard enough to rattle your bones, but you know it isn’t your bones that are rattling. You find it comforting; like a heartbeat.

You follow it deeper, until you can see your tattoo glow brighter in time with the pulses. You’re able to instinctively follow it deeper and deeper into the museum storage areas.

The heartbeat is warm and comforting, you feel like you are coming home. You don’t even notice when you break into a run, skidding around corners and knocking over priceless artifacts in your haste.

And there it is, looming over you and separated from you by only a paltry sheet. You reach up and pull away the dust cover.

The sight of the face jars you. It is not the face of a dragon, instead it is flat like a dunhoof’s face. Why should it matter that it isn’t a dragon? Because you are a dragon, aren’t you? Aren’t you? But why does it matter, when that magnificent, 12- eyed visage is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? It is so beautiful and whole.

The gems of its eyes glow at you.

@Strawberrium @Unika @Venusian @RemanLT @Chessboard @cieldobie @Stormdragon @Katsuokai @ThisOneIsBlue

It's clean and dark. There are rooms here with lots of artifacts, large and small, covered in sheets. Your tattoo actually helps you see in the dark.

As you make your way further in, you start to feel an odd pulse. It beats hard enough to rattle your bones, but you know it isn’t your bones that are rattling. You find it comforting; like a heartbeat.

You follow it deeper, until you can see your tattoo glow brighter in time with the pulses. You’re able to instinctively follow it deeper and deeper into the museum storage areas.

The heartbeat is warm and comforting, you feel like you are coming home. You don’t even notice when you break into a run, skidding around corners and knocking over priceless artifacts in your haste.

And there it is, looming over you and separated from you by only a paltry sheet. You reach up and pull away the dust cover.

The sight of the face jars you. It is not the face of a dragon, instead it is flat like a dunhoof’s face. Why should it matter that it isn’t a dragon? Because you are a dragon, aren’t you? Aren’t you? But why does it matter, when that magnificent, 12- eyed visage is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? It is so beautiful and whole.

The gems of its eyes glow at you.

jsX7QNc.pngYNbcTi1.gif3Cnuysy.png
@Nialatic @Elixiri

You don't even want to know what they have in there. The security must be immense. No, thank you. As you are walking away from the museum, you notice that the roads have a downward slope. With no other plans, you decide to head downhill.

You eventually find yourself at the edge of a small body of water. You’re not sure if a pipe burst or something but it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to be here. It’s the desert after all. All the buildings that would stand within it have fallen over, leading to a bunch of debris poking up out of the water in random places. Funnily, there is a billboard sticking up almost in the exact center of it, partially submerged. The buildings that surround it crowd up right to the water’s edge.

You think about the downward slope. Perhaps a sinkhole?

Static seems to crawl across the surface, it’s completely saturated with either electricity or electricity magic. The air above it even seems to glow a little. Well, the air here is very humid, it’s possible that even getting close to the water’s surface could give you a jolt.

This lake is a death trap.

“Freeze in the name of the law!” Oh, not him again! The mirror that has been dogging you is loping up swiftly behind you. He’s blocking the way back, you have nowhere to go but forward.

A) Head straight across the lake.
B) Stick to the edges.
@Nialatic @Elixiri

You don't even want to know what they have in there. The security must be immense. No, thank you. As you are walking away from the museum, you notice that the roads have a downward slope. With no other plans, you decide to head downhill.

You eventually find yourself at the edge of a small body of water. You’re not sure if a pipe burst or something but it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to be here. It’s the desert after all. All the buildings that would stand within it have fallen over, leading to a bunch of debris poking up out of the water in random places. Funnily, there is a billboard sticking up almost in the exact center of it, partially submerged. The buildings that surround it crowd up right to the water’s edge.

You think about the downward slope. Perhaps a sinkhole?

Static seems to crawl across the surface, it’s completely saturated with either electricity or electricity magic. The air above it even seems to glow a little. Well, the air here is very humid, it’s possible that even getting close to the water’s surface could give you a jolt.

This lake is a death trap.

“Freeze in the name of the law!” Oh, not him again! The mirror that has been dogging you is loping up swiftly behind you. He’s blocking the way back, you have nowhere to go but forward.

A) Head straight across the lake.
B) Stick to the edges.
@Siritys @Goldia @dividedAnimus @HedwigHufflepuff

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You push a few of the panels around, and it looks like you could pretty easily put it back together.

You manage to find some of the tools you'd need just lying around in the scrapyard. Lightning dragons throw out or lose a lot of wrenches, screwdrivers, welding torches, protective goggles, and wow is that an actual room-sized sewing machine.

You shake your head, clearing it of the distracting items scattered around you. Carefully, you start to put the device together. You check the wiring, replacing old and damaged wires with some you find in an old electrician's powerpack. The panels are mostly okay, with some needing to be hammered into shape. You use some heavy mechanojet boots as a makeshift anvil. Each clash of the hammer sends sparks flying from the boots, and you admit that this part is kind of fun.

After some steady work, the device seems to be in working order. Of course, you still have no idea what it does, and you weren't able to get one of the buttons hooked up to the circuit board.

But, there are two working buttons, and you're dying to press one of them.

A) Press the top button.
B) Press the bottom button.

@Siritys @Goldia @dividedAnimus @HedwigHufflepuff

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You push a few of the panels around, and it looks like you could pretty easily put it back together.

You manage to find some of the tools you'd need just lying around in the scrapyard. Lightning dragons throw out or lose a lot of wrenches, screwdrivers, welding torches, protective goggles, and wow is that an actual room-sized sewing machine.

You shake your head, clearing it of the distracting items scattered around you. Carefully, you start to put the device together. You check the wiring, replacing old and damaged wires with some you find in an old electrician's powerpack. The panels are mostly okay, with some needing to be hammered into shape. You use some heavy mechanojet boots as a makeshift anvil. Each clash of the hammer sends sparks flying from the boots, and you admit that this part is kind of fun.

After some steady work, the device seems to be in working order. Of course, you still have no idea what it does, and you weren't able to get one of the buttons hooked up to the circuit board.

But, there are two working buttons, and you're dying to press one of them.

A) Press the top button.
B) Press the bottom button.

@GryphonSong @Elsu @CharlieWeasleyy @SilverQuark @rubyredtan @BlackwatchGenji @Scatterspark @Espoir

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You carefully place it in your bag next to the book, and you make your way out of the maze of scrap.

Sparkplug zips up to your face as you walk out. "Well, didja find it?" You nod, and she grins. "Alrighty! Now, you said Andy went to distract ol' Serious Face? So then she should be–"

"I'm right here, Sparky," Andraste says as she lands next to the two of you. "And you found my intern, thank you darling."

A golem shaped like a dragon emerges from Andy's bag, followed by a tiny black cat. "Calculating a 97.2 percent probability that Sparkplug is going to repay your favor," the golem said in a mechanical voice.

"Thank you, Smallfry. Keep an eye on Bigby for me will you?" she says as she taps a few buttons on the golem's control gauntlet. The cat jumps off of Andy and into the junkyard, the golem hovering over it. "So, you're finally paying me back for that favor, Sparky?"

"Yessiree, Andy," Sparkplug says as she gestures to you. You pull the device out of your bag, and Andy's eyes go wide with greed. "I know you like weird things out of the Spire and I saw this the other day."

"Wonderful. Come along now, intern. We have places to be," Andy says, whistling for her golem and cat. You start to ask about Enzul, and Andy kicks you in the shin when Sparkplug isn't looking. "Later," she hisses out.

The two of you leave the junkyard, and Andy leads you to a nearby boarded-up building. She lifts up a few boards in one of the windows, and you enter the abandoned shack.

"Man, Sparkplug has no idea the value of what she's got in that scrapyard of hers," Andy says as she examines the device you'd found. "You know what this is? It's made to find Second Age magic. Also known as that little artifact in your arm." She pokes at some of the broken panels. "I think I can reconfigure this to overload your arm and get the artifact out. Want to give it a shot?"

A) "Sure, what could go wrong?"
B) "I'd rather go find Enzul, if it's all the same to you."
@GryphonSong @Elsu @CharlieWeasleyy @SilverQuark @rubyredtan @BlackwatchGenji @Scatterspark @Espoir

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You carefully place it in your bag next to the book, and you make your way out of the maze of scrap.

Sparkplug zips up to your face as you walk out. "Well, didja find it?" You nod, and she grins. "Alrighty! Now, you said Andy went to distract ol' Serious Face? So then she should be–"

"I'm right here, Sparky," Andraste says as she lands next to the two of you. "And you found my intern, thank you darling."

A golem shaped like a dragon emerges from Andy's bag, followed by a tiny black cat. "Calculating a 97.2 percent probability that Sparkplug is going to repay your favor," the golem said in a mechanical voice.

"Thank you, Smallfry. Keep an eye on Bigby for me will you?" she says as she taps a few buttons on the golem's control gauntlet. The cat jumps off of Andy and into the junkyard, the golem hovering over it. "So, you're finally paying me back for that favor, Sparky?"

"Yessiree, Andy," Sparkplug says as she gestures to you. You pull the device out of your bag, and Andy's eyes go wide with greed. "I know you like weird things out of the Spire and I saw this the other day."

"Wonderful. Come along now, intern. We have places to be," Andy says, whistling for her golem and cat. You start to ask about Enzul, and Andy kicks you in the shin when Sparkplug isn't looking. "Later," she hisses out.

The two of you leave the junkyard, and Andy leads you to a nearby boarded-up building. She lifts up a few boards in one of the windows, and you enter the abandoned shack.

"Man, Sparkplug has no idea the value of what she's got in that scrapyard of hers," Andy says as she examines the device you'd found. "You know what this is? It's made to find Second Age magic. Also known as that little artifact in your arm." She pokes at some of the broken panels. "I think I can reconfigure this to overload your arm and get the artifact out. Want to give it a shot?"

A) "Sure, what could go wrong?"
B) "I'd rather go find Enzul, if it's all the same to you."
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 40 41