Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] Mayhem at the Market (CYOA)
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40 41
[b]Username:[/b] Espoir [b]User ID:[/b] 157203 [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Symphony or Sy. [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11487603] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/114877/11487603_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 4:[/b] (Sorry, at work right now ;_; I'll be sure to edit this to post a more lengthy RP later.) As huge piles of assorted throwaway items loomed closer before her, the Imperial paused for a moment to weigh her options. It was thus, that while the path around the edge seemed clear, Symphony chose to [b]go through the middle[/b], believing that it would be better to take a direct approach. '[i]With this much junk, and piled so high... there is no way you would able to see anything inside the junkyard from the outer edges[/i].' Nodding to herself, Sy stepped forward, and headed down her chosen path.
Username: Espoir
User ID: 157203
Dragon Name: Symphony or Sy.
Dragon Picture:

11487603_350.png

Day 4:

(Sorry, at work right now ;_; I'll be sure to edit this to post a more lengthy RP later.)

As huge piles of assorted throwaway items loomed closer before her, the Imperial paused for a moment to weigh her options. It was thus, that while the path around the edge seemed clear, Symphony chose to go through the middle, believing that it would be better to take a direct approach.

'With this much junk, and piled so high... there is no way you would able to see anything inside the junkyard from the outer edges.'

Nodding to herself, Sy stepped forward, and headed down her chosen path.
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
@Syceris @Stanzascale @Illyrael @Festival @Hanakoto @Watercolour @felistopaz @Rosoidela @PhantomLullabies @Daemonengrau @@Juri01 @GardenWyrm @WhitePhoenix @dustclouds @JinxMoonstone @Thewarywatcher13 @Saraceaser @Elisse @Saronai @ArtemisAgrotera

In for a penny, in for a pound. You decide to head to the market. The crowds are much more extreme than edges of the shopping district you skirted through with Cotriona. The sellers periodically shout their wares, trying to attract customers. Lanterns, strung across the paths and hung from the pavilions, light the whole area in a warm, yellow glow.

Following the directions, you duck into a covered tent with “Pierce’s Pieces” on the front, and are greeted by another Fae. This one is much friendlier until you tell him why you’re here. For a second you think he’s not going to help you. You’re not sure what face you make but it has him backpedaling immediately. Very soon, you’re back in the dingy restaurant.

Carrok is very happy to receive whatever was in that box. Popping it open and inspecting it quickly. “Enzul’s a retiring sort. Sticks to his own home mostly and does a very exclusive business out of it. You’re gonna wanna look for the blue lantern.”

“That’s pretty good info. Good job, newbie.” Cotriona says from your elbow.

“Oh yah, someone was looking for you.” Carrok says blandly. “You’ve found yourself a good one for fetching and carrying, Cotriona. A regular old errand-dragon.”

Cotriona snorts. “At least they do more than make sure that chair stays down all day, every day.” She turns to leave motioning you to come with. “Don’t mind him. He’s the type to feel better by making other’s feel worse. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who can think as fast on their feet as you do is worth having around.”

She leads you back through the edges of market.

“HEY! Thief! Don’t think I don’t remember you.” You both turn to look at the shouter, he’s one of the merchants Cat stole from earlier. As soon as she catches sight of him, her ears pin back in alarm.

“Darn, I should have known that’d come back to bite me,” she mutters. Louder, she adds “Quick! Time to move, again.”

You both take off, knocking hapless shoppers to the ground. Gliding more than flying, she leads you down a side alley. You’re about to duck around another corner when you’re body slammed into the wall and fall to the ground in a tangle of limbs.

You dodge a wild claw swipe from your attacker, and whack him hard with your tail. He goes reeling back and cracks his head again the stones. Cat’s facing two attackers, barely able to keep ahead of them as they attack in a fast-paced flurry of strikes.

They don’t see you. You have your hint and Cat doesn’t know anything more than you do. You could leave now, this fight is her fault after all.

A) Help Cat.
B) Leave Cotriona behind.
@Syceris @Stanzascale @Illyrael @Festival @Hanakoto @Watercolour @felistopaz @Rosoidela @PhantomLullabies @Daemonengrau @@Juri01 @GardenWyrm @WhitePhoenix @dustclouds @JinxMoonstone @Thewarywatcher13 @Saraceaser @Elisse @Saronai @ArtemisAgrotera

In for a penny, in for a pound. You decide to head to the market. The crowds are much more extreme than edges of the shopping district you skirted through with Cotriona. The sellers periodically shout their wares, trying to attract customers. Lanterns, strung across the paths and hung from the pavilions, light the whole area in a warm, yellow glow.

Following the directions, you duck into a covered tent with “Pierce’s Pieces” on the front, and are greeted by another Fae. This one is much friendlier until you tell him why you’re here. For a second you think he’s not going to help you. You’re not sure what face you make but it has him backpedaling immediately. Very soon, you’re back in the dingy restaurant.

Carrok is very happy to receive whatever was in that box. Popping it open and inspecting it quickly. “Enzul’s a retiring sort. Sticks to his own home mostly and does a very exclusive business out of it. You’re gonna wanna look for the blue lantern.”

“That’s pretty good info. Good job, newbie.” Cotriona says from your elbow.

“Oh yah, someone was looking for you.” Carrok says blandly. “You’ve found yourself a good one for fetching and carrying, Cotriona. A regular old errand-dragon.”

Cotriona snorts. “At least they do more than make sure that chair stays down all day, every day.” She turns to leave motioning you to come with. “Don’t mind him. He’s the type to feel better by making other’s feel worse. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who can think as fast on their feet as you do is worth having around.”

She leads you back through the edges of market.

“HEY! Thief! Don’t think I don’t remember you.” You both turn to look at the shouter, he’s one of the merchants Cat stole from earlier. As soon as she catches sight of him, her ears pin back in alarm.

“Darn, I should have known that’d come back to bite me,” she mutters. Louder, she adds “Quick! Time to move, again.”

You both take off, knocking hapless shoppers to the ground. Gliding more than flying, she leads you down a side alley. You’re about to duck around another corner when you’re body slammed into the wall and fall to the ground in a tangle of limbs.

You dodge a wild claw swipe from your attacker, and whack him hard with your tail. He goes reeling back and cracks his head again the stones. Cat’s facing two attackers, barely able to keep ahead of them as they attack in a fast-paced flurry of strikes.

They don’t see you. You have your hint and Cat doesn’t know anything more than you do. You could leave now, this fight is her fault after all.

A) Help Cat.
B) Leave Cotriona behind.
60787410.png 57806280.png
@Elixiri @Raistardragon @RemanLT @Strawberrium @Katsuokai @RainbowWolfy @Strawberrium

You exit the restaurant and wander around for around for a bit. Pretty soon you find yourself in front of the Museum. This Enzul guy was really old right? Maybe you can find a clue inside.

Heading in, you find yourself in a wide open atrium with a domed glass ceiling. It’s full of glass cases holding unique magical artifacts. There are a handful of dragons milling about the area. For this place to even be in operation, they must have great security.

You wander among the displays, but nothing really catches your eye. It’s pretty disappointing. You overheard some other dragons talking, they seem to agree with you.

“I’m just saying that for a Museum in such a magical place, they don’t really have much that’s actually interesting.”

“We’ll what do you expect. Even in the friendliest libraries of the Promenade, all the good books are kept in the back. I wonder where their storage area is. This huge hall makes up the whole building.”

You listen until they’re out of earshot. You scratch at your tattoo absently and casually look around for a door leading somewhere, but see nothing. All four walls have windows to the outside.

A low prickling ache that starts in your arm, and crawls across your chest and up your throat. It builds up fast, going from an ache to sharp pain. Your tattoo is glowing brightly enough that the other patrons are starting to look at you. Blearily you stumble outside and around a corner. You trip into a hole by the side of the building. You crash hard and just lay there, feeling like you're too large for your skin.

The feeling recedes as quickly as it came, and you hoist yourself up on shaky legs. Your tattoo now partially covers your other arm.

The hole you tripped into is actually a stairwell. You’re sitting in front of double doors that are locked with a state-of-the-art magic lock…or they were locked. It seems your surge of magic shorted it out. Perhaps this is the storage space those dragons were talking about?

A) Go inside.
B) It's not worth the risk.

@Elixiri @Raistardragon @RemanLT @Strawberrium @Katsuokai @RainbowWolfy @Strawberrium

You exit the restaurant and wander around for around for a bit. Pretty soon you find yourself in front of the Museum. This Enzul guy was really old right? Maybe you can find a clue inside.

Heading in, you find yourself in a wide open atrium with a domed glass ceiling. It’s full of glass cases holding unique magical artifacts. There are a handful of dragons milling about the area. For this place to even be in operation, they must have great security.

You wander among the displays, but nothing really catches your eye. It’s pretty disappointing. You overheard some other dragons talking, they seem to agree with you.

“I’m just saying that for a Museum in such a magical place, they don’t really have much that’s actually interesting.”

“We’ll what do you expect. Even in the friendliest libraries of the Promenade, all the good books are kept in the back. I wonder where their storage area is. This huge hall makes up the whole building.”

You listen until they’re out of earshot. You scratch at your tattoo absently and casually look around for a door leading somewhere, but see nothing. All four walls have windows to the outside.

A low prickling ache that starts in your arm, and crawls across your chest and up your throat. It builds up fast, going from an ache to sharp pain. Your tattoo is glowing brightly enough that the other patrons are starting to look at you. Blearily you stumble outside and around a corner. You trip into a hole by the side of the building. You crash hard and just lay there, feeling like you're too large for your skin.

The feeling recedes as quickly as it came, and you hoist yourself up on shaky legs. Your tattoo now partially covers your other arm.

The hole you tripped into is actually a stairwell. You’re sitting in front of double doors that are locked with a state-of-the-art magic lock…or they were locked. It seems your surge of magic shorted it out. Perhaps this is the storage space those dragons were talking about?

A) Go inside.

@FawnStars7 @daineger

You leap at him, trying to take him by surprise. Taliesin's eyes widen in surprise before he dives out of the way. You scrabble to get a steady footing on the slippery surface of the sewers. A clod of something disgusting and vaguely green comes off the floor, and you fling it immediately at the mirror.

Taliesin lets out a little bark, a burst of fire coming out of his mouth to incinerate the clump.

The two of you circle each other, waiting for an opening. Out of the corner of your eye, you see the surging sewer water. A hasty plan forms in your head as you feign tripping on the stones below.

Taliesin takes the opening and leaps at you. You roll beneath him and kick up with your hind legs, sending him flying into the dark water. He flails wildly and gasps, just barely keeping his head above water as he paddles back to the edge.

You look down at him from above and growl. His ears press back against his head in fear. "The commander is going to kill me," he said, voice squeaking. You snort. No, you weren't going anywhere near the Reclamation Bureau office.

"I can, uh, help you get out of these sewers," he offers. "Just... please don't kill me."

A) Accept his offer.
B) Leave him and find a way out on your own.

@FawnStars7 @daineger

You leap at him, trying to take him by surprise. Taliesin's eyes widen in surprise before he dives out of the way. You scrabble to get a steady footing on the slippery surface of the sewers. A clod of something disgusting and vaguely green comes off the floor, and you fling it immediately at the mirror.

Taliesin lets out a little bark, a burst of fire coming out of his mouth to incinerate the clump.

The two of you circle each other, waiting for an opening. Out of the corner of your eye, you see the surging sewer water. A hasty plan forms in your head as you feign tripping on the stones below.

Taliesin takes the opening and leaps at you. You roll beneath him and kick up with your hind legs, sending him flying into the dark water. He flails wildly and gasps, just barely keeping his head above water as he paddles back to the edge.

You look down at him from above and growl. His ears press back against his head in fear. "The commander is going to kill me," he said, voice squeaking. You snort. No, you weren't going anywhere near the Reclamation Bureau office.

"I can, uh, help you get out of these sewers," he offers. "Just... please don't kill me."

A) Accept his offer.
B) Leave him and find a way out on your own.

@jbapple @Disillusionist @counterfeat @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @Lonefox

You run away, down the slimy paths of the abandoned sewer. You can hear Taliesin following you, and you run faster through ancient aqueducts.

You turn the corner and there's a dead end at a waterfall. You hear Taliesin catching up to you. With a quick prayer, you take a running leap and stretch your wings as much as you're able to. Somehow, you manage to get enough air to glide to the top of the waterfall.

You exhale in relief as you slow down a little, now looking for a way out. Hopefully the waterfall will keep him occupied for a while.

You come across a split in the path. There's a tunnel to the left and the right. The left path has an open gate with a lever you think will send it crashing to the ground. You see a light at the end of the tunnel to the right. You hear running footsteps behind you.

A) Go through the gate.
B) Take the open path.
@jbapple @Disillusionist @counterfeat @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @Lonefox

You run away, down the slimy paths of the abandoned sewer. You can hear Taliesin following you, and you run faster through ancient aqueducts.

You turn the corner and there's a dead end at a waterfall. You hear Taliesin catching up to you. With a quick prayer, you take a running leap and stretch your wings as much as you're able to. Somehow, you manage to get enough air to glide to the top of the waterfall.

You exhale in relief as you slow down a little, now looking for a way out. Hopefully the waterfall will keep him occupied for a while.

You come across a split in the path. There's a tunnel to the left and the right. The left path has an open gate with a lever you think will send it crashing to the ground. You see a light at the end of the tunnel to the right. You hear running footsteps behind you.

A) Go through the gate.
B) Take the open path.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33645212] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336453/33645212_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Leaving Cotriona isn't even an option as far as Rena's concerned. In fact, the idea only occurs to her as something she possibly [i]should[/i] do, that Cat might [i]want[/i] her to. However, she simply [i]can't[/i] do it. For whatever reason, these dragons are helping her with this whole mess. It just wouldn't be right. Decided, Rena dodges back into the fray, tail lashing. [center][b]Table of Contents[/b][/center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/1#post_34376381]Game Post 1 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/6#post_34391068]Rena's Response 1 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/7#post_34393679]Game Post 2(X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/10#post_34408540]Rena's Response 2 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/11#post_34413050]Game Post 3 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/13#post_34417884]Rena's Response 3 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/16#post_34431479]Game Post 4 (X)[/url] - 2nd portion [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/20#post_34447908]Rena's Response 4 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/20#post_34449583]Game Post 5 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/21#post_34449798]Rena's Response 5 (X)[/url] (You are here) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/25#post_34468025]Game Post 6 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/28#post_34475998]Rena's Response 6 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/30#post_34486711]Game Post 7 (X)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2487827/35#post_34490996]Rena's Response 7 (X)[/url]

Leaving Cotriona isn't even an option as far as Rena's concerned. In fact, the idea only occurs to her as something she possibly should do, that Cat might want her to. However, she simply can't do it.

For whatever reason, these dragons are helping her with this whole mess. It just wouldn't be right. Decided, Rena dodges back into the fray, tail lashing.
Table of Contents

Game Post 1 (X)
Rena's Response 1 (X)

Game Post 2(X)
Rena's Response 2 (X)

Game Post 3 (X)
Rena's Response 3 (X)

Game Post 4 (X) - 2nd portion
Rena's Response 4 (X)

Game Post 5 (X)
Rena's Response 5 (X) (You are here)

Game Post 6 (X)
Rena's Response 6 (X)

Game Post 7 (X)
Rena's Response 7 (X)

pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
@HedwigHufflepuff @GryphonSong @Goldia @Elsu @CharlieWeasleyy @Espoir @Siritys @SilverQuark @dividedAnimus @rubyredtan @Scatterspark @Sidegrinder @BlackwatchGenji

With a determined look on your face, you head down into the middle of the junkyard. You enter a series of canyons and tunnels, all made of the surrounding junk from centuries of people living in the Emporium. You swear you even see a broken cogfrog of all things, but there was a slight avalanche that buried it before you could check.

Sparkplug had described the device as "big, sparky, with a lot of loose and broken panels". That, unfortunately, described half the junk in the scrapyard. Fortunately, it also had three big red buttons and the official seal of the Tempest Spire engraved onto it.

As you look around and half-heartedly dig into the junk piles, your arm occasionally prickles. Frowning, you walk until it starts to prickle again, and then you follow what feels like a magical signal.

You eventually find a book that makes your arm surge with magic before subsiding. The book is weathered and crumbling to dust. Half the pages are torn out, and many of the remaining ones are burnt. You can just make out the title, "Words of the Speaker". You wrack your brain for forgotten history lessons. A few of the remaining paragraphs make you think this is writing about some prophet from the Second Age.

You carefully wrap the book in a scarf you have, and you place it in your bag. You'll examine it later. You turn to keep looking, and you see the device you were sent for.

You approach it cautiously, not wanting to get burnt by a stray spark.

A) Try to figure out the device yourself.
B) Take the device to Andy.
@HedwigHufflepuff @GryphonSong @Goldia @Elsu @CharlieWeasleyy @Espoir @Siritys @SilverQuark @dividedAnimus @rubyredtan @Scatterspark @Sidegrinder @BlackwatchGenji

With a determined look on your face, you head down into the middle of the junkyard. You enter a series of canyons and tunnels, all made of the surrounding junk from centuries of people living in the Emporium. You swear you even see a broken cogfrog of all things, but there was a slight avalanche that buried it before you could check.

Sparkplug had described the device as "big, sparky, with a lot of loose and broken panels". That, unfortunately, described half the junk in the scrapyard. Fortunately, it also had three big red buttons and the official seal of the Tempest Spire engraved onto it.

As you look around and half-heartedly dig into the junk piles, your arm occasionally prickles. Frowning, you walk until it starts to prickle again, and then you follow what feels like a magical signal.

You eventually find a book that makes your arm surge with magic before subsiding. The book is weathered and crumbling to dust. Half the pages are torn out, and many of the remaining ones are burnt. You can just make out the title, "Words of the Speaker". You wrack your brain for forgotten history lessons. A few of the remaining paragraphs make you think this is writing about some prophet from the Second Age.

You carefully wrap the book in a scarf you have, and you place it in your bag. You'll examine it later. You turn to keep looking, and you see the device you were sent for.

You approach it cautiously, not wanting to get burnt by a stray spark.

A) Try to figure out the device yourself.
B) Take the device to Andy.
jsX7QNc.pngYNbcTi1.gif3Cnuysy.png
@Nialatic @Chessboard @cieldobie @OpalNova @Stormdragon

You walk around the edge of the junkyard. Nothing seems to catch your eye, since it's mostly just old scrap, and so eventually you decide to wander away to try and find Enzul yourself. Sparkplug wasn't terribly helpful, but at least you're already in the historic district.

You’re in the older section of the Emporium, with actual building instead of canvas tents.Pretty soon you find yourself in front of the Museum. This Enzul guy was really old right? Maybe you can find a clue inside.

The feeling recedes as quickly as it came, and you host yourself up on shaky arms. Looking down at yourself, you can see that you're tattoo has spread and now fully covers your chest. Static is clinging to your skin.

A) Go inside.
@Nialatic @Chessboard @cieldobie @OpalNova @Stormdragon

You walk around the edge of the junkyard. Nothing seems to catch your eye, since it's mostly just old scrap, and so eventually you decide to wander away to try and find Enzul yourself. Sparkplug wasn't terribly helpful, but at least you're already in the historic district.

You’re in the older section of the Emporium, with actual building instead of canvas tents.Pretty soon you find yourself in front of the Museum. This Enzul guy was really old right? Maybe you can find a clue inside.

The feeling recedes as quickly as it came, and you host yourself up on shaky arms. Looking down at yourself, you can see that you're tattoo has spread and now fully covers your chest. Static is clinging to your skin.

A) Go inside.
jsX7QNc.pngYNbcTi1.gif3Cnuysy.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37582138] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/375822/37582138_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=green][b]Chimera looked at the odd device. It looked broken. She wanted to press a few buttons to see if she could get it to work though. Who didn't enjoy pressing buttons? Resisting temptation, she grabbed the machine and retraced her steps back through the junk pile. Playing with things she didn't understand was what got her into this mess to begin with.

37582138_350.png

Chimera looked at the odd device. It looked broken. She wanted to press a few buttons to see if she could get it to work though. Who didn't enjoy pressing buttons?

Resisting temptation, she grabbed the machine and retraced her steps back through the junk pile. Playing with things she didn't understand was what got her into this mess to begin with.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34055220] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340553/34055220_350.png[/img] [/url] The lever's tempting, but Karmanh knows enough about machines to realize that they might not work as intended or desired. That lever might do something else....At least if he gets out, he can try losing Taliesin in the crowd. He books it towards the light at the end of tunnel, hoping it isn't actually a train. [i]"Either way, he won't catch me, hah!"[/i]

34055220_350.png

The lever's tempting, but Karmanh knows enough about machines to realize that they might not work as intended or desired. That lever might do something else....At least if he gets out, he can try losing Taliesin in the crowd. He books it towards the light at the end of tunnel, hoping it isn't actually a train. "Either way, he won't catch me, hah!"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40 41